IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

36 minutes ago, Howl said:

.  Then we'll high five, find a Betty's Tea Room for an afternoon pick-me-up (intervening is a hard business), and head home. 

WHY did you say that? Now I am jonesing for a visit to York or Harrogate, and I LIVE IN THAILAND! I hate you, Howl!!!!!

1 minute ago, ladyaudley said:

None I think, which is why she's so mental.

You live on my end of the island! yay!

Vasectomy waiting lists can be quite long on the NHS from what I hear, so he'd be getting calls/letters to the house and she'd find out. 

I'm in Cumbria so pretty close to Scotland - although we'd probably be classed as being just around the corner from her in terms of distance if we were in the US.

It really annoys me when people have more children than they can properly care for.  Some of these people (like Michelle Duggar) seem to like the baby stage but then lose interest when they grow up and just want another baby.

We don't have kids but my niece is now nearly 5 and is much more fun than when she was a baby as I can see her personality developing.  I wish these fundies would just enjoy the company of the children they already have rather than having baby after baby after baby.

Alice's total lack of education and stimulation for her children beyond involving them in her baby-making obsession is infuriating.

I hope you're not too badly flooded, @enigmata! I drove through Cumbria from Wales yesterday and it looked pretty rough. 

3 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

WHY did you say that? Now I am jonesing for a visit to York or Harrogate, and I LIVE IN THAILAND! I hate you, Howl!!!!!

Don't think you'd want to be in York at the moment.  Can't believe the pics of the floods.  How long have you been in Thailand?  Guess it must be a lot different from the UK?  Over here at the moment there is just rain, rain and more rain.

1 minute ago, ladyaudley said:

Alice's total lack of education and stimulation for her children beyond involving them in her baby-making obsession is infuriating.

I hope you're not too badly flooded, @enigmata! I drove through Cumbria from Wales yesterday and it looked pretty rough. 

We've not been affected here but where I work has been bad so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for being back at work tomorrow.  I work with people who have had houses and cars flooded which is frightening. 

I really don't get the baby obsession.  Yes, they are cute but - as you said - the baby making obsession is ridiculous.

Have you seen the Channel 4 programme (which has a very similar name to the Duggar show) about the woman down the road from me in Morecambe who keeps having kids (think their show is 18 kids and counting)?  They are not religious but she seems equally obsessed with babies - although at least they actually go to school and the Father has his own bakery which supports them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, enigmata said:

Have you seen the Channel 4 programme (which has a very similar name to the Duggar show) about the woman down the road from me in Morecambe who keeps having kids (think their show is 18 kids and counting)?  They are not religious but she seems equally obsessed with babies - although at least they actually go to school and the Father has his own bakery which supports them.

I have! They're the ones who are in the EE car wifi ad at the moment, right? True, that mum seems just as obsessed, but at least the dad works for it all. With that family (the Radfords, aren't they?), I'm always surprised how much all the children look like the mother. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, enigmata said:

Don't think you'd want to be in York at the moment.  Can't believe the pics of the floods.  How long have you been in Thailand?  Guess it must be a lot different from the UK?  Over here at the moment there is just rain, rain and more rain.

Lived here 14 years now - seen the pictures of the flooding on the Beeb - unreal! That's what you get when you build on floodplains.....Will PM about living here v UK - probably tomorrow - it's nearly 1am  here, and I should be in bed. Lots to do tomorrow: have to renew my visa, shop for a New Year's party, and I have three friends arriving on New Year's Eve for 2 and a half weeks, so need to make sure all OK for that!

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My friend (she was my college roommate) homeschools her kids. Six are school age and the seventh is a toddler. She does a fantastic job. Of course, she has two bachelor's degrees, one in elementary education with a minor in math and she was an elementary classroom teacher and music teacher for ten or eleven years. 

And she is busy homeschooling and raising those kids, so she doesn't blog about it. 

I can see this, if the home schooling parent is educated and willing to invest the time.  I mean, the one room school house was (and is, to a very limited degree) a thing.   

I think Alice is college educated, she just doesn't have the energy or mental health to prioritize her school age children.  And Neil doesn't have the balls to.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, sawasdee said:

But, but.....I live in Texas and will probably never be able to go to a real Betty's Tea Room! My SIL brought back some Betty's Tea Room tea from a London visit and I loved it.  Is this the same as Yorkshire Gold, or are they different blends?

Edited by Howl

Based on her fertility history, I suspect she'll continue to pop 'em out for awhile longer, probably right up until menopause.  If she's in her early 40s, she could have 5 or 6 more.  If I understand correctly,  this is a woman who has gotten pregnant whilst breast feeding at least one and possibly two children and who has nursed through pregnancy.  For me this is neither here nor there; that she isn't able to truly care for her current children or competently educate them makes me want to fly across the pond for an intervention, that *might* start with, "Listen, b**tch, here's how it's going to go down.  Neil's getting snipped."   I'll need a volunteer wing gal to buy plane tickets, pay for a nice hotel and feed the kids warm milk and biscuits while I intervene with Alice.  Neil's not a problem, he'll be totally on board with us as his guardian angels.  Then we'll high five, find a Betty's Tea Room for an afternoon pick-me-up (intervening is a hard business), and head home. 

Alternately, we can just email Neil, tell him he should get a covert vasectomy and hopefully get the same result. 

I think the baby that is making an appearance is #8.  

I'm going over to Yorkshire in 3 weeks, so let's do this!

I've not seen a Betty's up in Parsnip's area but I'm sure we can find a decent cafe.

20 hours ago, notfundy said:

Just popped over to read her latest blog post (not sure we needed ALL the details about mucus plugs, discharge, etc.) and yes - it also struck me as very strange that poor husband Neil just now has to retrieve all the baby girl clothes from the garage and wash ALL OF THEM... 

They do not have a garage. They have a 4 br flat. Alice explains the bed room situation in a recent post. They are using an entire room that could be used for sleeping as storage. I imagine Alice's idea of organization is the "box and shove" method. I'm sure the infant stuff I'd buried under the toddler stuff, which is why she hasn't dug it out herself.

Alice has had many obsessions over various stages in life, all documented in prolific blogs. She really needs to get intense therapy and pharmaceutical help for ocd/anxiety/depression. But baby making and breastfeeding make drugs out of the question and I doubt she'd leave the house for therapy...

Edited by QuittersTry
  • Upvote 1

She made Neil's efforts sound so trivial. "What I'd like is for him to wash all of the baby girl clothes rather than doing random housework." I bet with Alice's attitude about "random housework", cleaning up never gets done at all. It's only about babies. BABIES!!

34 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

She made Neil's efforts sound so trivial. "What I'd like is for him to wash all of the baby girl clothes rather than doing random housework." I bet with Alice's attitude about "random housework", cleaning up never gets done at all. It's only about babies. BABIES!!

I know!!! And why can't he do the laundry and tidy up at the same time? Is he supposed to watch the clothes spin for an hour? Do they even have a washer/dryer? Would he have to go to a laundromat? I imagine all her children smell.  She cant possibly be organized enough to know when each one is going to run out of clean underwear, etc...

• Upvote 2

They probably have a washing machine - most people in the UK have them in their kitchen ( I still find this weird). Dryers are far less common, but you'd hope with 8 kids she'd have one... and yes. He can tidy while the laundry is on! 

• Upvote 1

If I was Neil, I'd find it hard to want to participate in "parsnips" while Alice was fertile. :my_confused:

• Upvote 1

Has she had this baby yet?  Do we know?  And WHY DO I CARE?!?!? I haven't even checked her blog since the post with the 6 days of pee sticks. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:

I'm going over to Yorkshire in 3 weeks, so let's do this!

I've not seen a Betty's up in Parsnip's area but I'm sure we can find a decent cafe.

Hope you're not visiting anywhere affected by Storm Eva - especially as Storm Frank is due tonight/tomorrow and may hit Yorkshire. 

Her attitude to education bothers me. I think that, even though homeschooling is legal here, parents have to ensure that their children receive sufficient education suitable for their age and abilities. The exact wording of the law varies as between England and Wales/Scotland/Nothern Ireland but I think the principle is the same throughout the UK. Presumably, however, her local authority is not following her blog too avidly!

The floods seem pretty bad. I live in London so I am not affected but my sister lives up in Yorkshire!

1 hour ago, Snarkangel Gabriel said:

The floods seem pretty bad. I live in London so I am not affected but my sister lives up in Yorkshire!

I'm in Cumbria and can hear the winds howling outside - the start of Frank - and am just hoping and praying it won't be as bad as Desmond and Eva. 

I was listening to local radio about a woman going into labour in the midst of the flood and them trying to get her to hospital on time.  It made me think about those who choose to give birth at home with no medical attention.  Luckily she got there with 15 minutes to spare (and gave her son the middle name Noah).

I kind of get, in the US when giving birth in a Hospital costs a lot - but there is no excuse over here for having inadequate medical attention in child birth.  I'm getting the impression she is 'under' a doctor but am not sure what her birthing plans are.

If the house is a mess, and baby clothes need to be washed, why is it an either/or situation?  Couldn't Neil have concurrent activity going on?  Couldn't the other children pitch in the help, or are they too busy (insert sarcasm font) with school work?

Someone needs some lessons in common sense and prioritising needs.

• Upvote 1

My town was hit pretty bad by the flooding, the town centre is underwater.

Cant he do both-you can put loads of laundry in between cleaning other things. And isn't in labour the wrong time to be cleaning baby clothes? Shes known she was pregnant since the sperm touched the egg, so why hasn't she got it all sorted out?

• Upvote 2

I wonder what's going on?  She's said something about having to go to hospital 24 hours after her water broke, but that she'd ignore that until 48 hours.  

Anyone FB friends with her?  I'm not, and there's no new profile picture, so I'm guessing no baby. 

On 30 December 2015 at 0:59 AM, ILoveJellybeans said:

My town was hit pretty bad by the flooding, the town centre is underwater

I hope you are ok!

i just checked - my first time looking at her blog (I will shower in a moment). No updates, so no idea exactly what she is expelling from which bodily orifice at the moment. I feel fairly confident we will all know soon though. 

• Upvote 1

On 28 December 2015 at 5:38 PM, enigmata said:

We've not been affected here but where I work has been bad so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for being back at work tomorrow.  I work with people who have had houses and cars flooded which is frightening. 

I really don't get the baby obsession.  Yes, they are cute but - as you said - the baby making obsession is ridiculous.

From that first series of them it's came to light she and him are obsessed because they where adopted apparently. 

• Upvote 1