IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Glorious, glorious!  There's the blog I love.  A woman with IBS certain she's pregnant because she has a cramp. A woman who knows her baby was a twin because of a hair whorl.  I love ya, Alice.   

If not for the children being born into this harried household, I'd beg her to never change.  She's grade A entertainment, IMO.  

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, J'Lurker said:

She won't be pleased if it's a boy. 

That's one of the things about her that makes my skin crawl. I detest women who want dolls for children instead of functioning humans. 

She's also one of the worst, in my view, at wanting children because she's addicted to pregnancy rather than out of any genuine religious motivation. I don't share her religious views regardless, but it seems obvious that they're just the crutch for her obsessive baby creation.

• Upvote 4

I totally expected nothing from the parsnips that occurred this cycle

Anyone but Alice, and I'd assume that these were the words of a weary farmer.

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, JemilyJ said:

I also seem to to remember (but can't find) an entry when she wrote about their decision to trust God and referred to it as having Parsnips with no "carrots"

I don't understand what this means?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Anyone but Alice, and I'd assume that these were the words of a weary farmer.

Ooh that made me laugh!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

My guess is that it means sex with no condom, but the analogy doesn't really work. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Quit trying to use logic to decipher Alice's life choices. You'll only get hurt. 

• Upvote 9

"I'm not charting except all these symptoms, which I charted" sigh. 

and true, you're not technically too old to bear children until you stop getting pregnant, but the risks increase exponentially. 

she said she'd blog again today - can't wait! Who wants to bet she took the FRER this morning?

I shudder to think what hobby she will latch on to once she hits menopause.  All her body hyper-awareness isn't good.  Not to mention, she will probably drive her future DILs NUTS  with constant questions about whether they are pregnant and watching them like a hawk to see if they put more salt on their food one dinner or pass up the eggs at brunch or some other such trivial clue.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2016 at 5:23 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

My guess is that it means sex with no condom, but the analogy doesn't really work. 

To me, I would assume it was sex without penile penetration (no carrots) but...

I'm pretty sure that's not what it means in her context of "leaving it up to God"

OMG, what a rabbit hole Ive stumbled into! Hahaha!

(as a sidenote, my headship and I call sex "bookreading" so I can't harp on her use of "parsnips.")

Someone, please, point me directly to the reason why they didn't have sex in early marriage and let me slip down the rabbit hole from there! I am sure that based on the initial blog posts of hers that I have read so far and by comments here, it must be legit, lol.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

To me, I would assume it was sex without penile penetration (no carrots) but...

I'm pretty sure that's not what it means in her context of "leaving it up to God"

I interpreted it as having sex, but doing coitus interruptus.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JMO said:

I shudder to think what hobby she will latch on to once she hits menopause.  All her body hyper-awareness isn't good.  Not to mention, she will probably drive her future DILs NUTS  with constant questions about whether they are pregnant and watching them like a hawk to see if they put more salt on their food one dinner or pass up the eggs at brunch or some other such trivial clue.  

I think she'll start documenting other body functions.   She's blogged about her ME/CFS, her IBS, etc.

She also seems to have more spotting and bleeding than any other pregnant woman, ever.  But, that's resolved with menopause, so I'm veering off topic.     

For those not familiar with Alice, God healed her from CFS (or "healed", depending on your take.)  I'm guessing that'll come back pretty agressively once her baby making days are over, giving her something to write about.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have a friend who calls coitus "bouncing"...

I have friends who call one sex act "cake" and another "biscotti", mostly so they can talk about it in public. 

"Do you feel like some cake?" 

"No, but I could really go for a biscotti."

I honestly think Alice giving a code name for sex is one of the least weird things about her. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

Someone, please, point me directly to the reason why they didn't have sex in early marriage and let me slip down the rabbit hole from there! I am sure that based on the initial blog posts of hers that I have read so far and by comments here, it must be legit, lol.

I think  it's mostly that she was ill but she probably wrote about it somewhere on her original blog (prekids) which was http://sheepdip.diaryland.com - you may need to use the wayback machine to access that as it doesn't seem to be working for me.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for introducing me to Alice.  I now have hours of reading entertainment ahead.

• Upvote 2

Nine days without updating.  I guess poor Alice lost yet another baby (that is, had her period.) 

In good news, long-suffering Neil can look forward to at least one more round of (very specifically timed) parsnips. 

I wonder whether she is trying to convince herself that any bleeding she might be experiencing is just really heavy implantation bleeding... she does seem to bleed a lot during pregnancies (i mean, she basically gives you a dripping rate :brainbleach:)

• Upvote 1

Okay, here's the thing... Alice is into pregnancy and is into documenting each pregnancy for her future child to read and feel loved by. Okay, fine. Why does it have to be public? Isn't this the kind of thing one would write in a private journal? The keyword being "private?" :my_confused:

• Upvote 1

The good news is, Alice's Baby has nothing to do with Alice's babies. She frankly doesn't care about their future feelings or degree of interest in her parsnips, spotting, cervical mucus, or basal temperature. It's all for her, and she revels in it. 1500-3000 words at a time. 

• Upvote 4

I just fell down that rabbit hole. Holy crap, that woman is OBSESSED. I remember belonging to some of the "TTC" forums (trying to conceive) in various places when Mr. Bea and I decided to try our luck. I backed away quickly. I had a little Shareware program (pre smartphones, yo) that used an algorithm based on when your period had been. The days you were most fertile were in yellow. It worked. Three times, on one of the first few tries. Pregnancy 1 ended with a fatal prenatal diagnosis and an abortion, 2 and 3 resulted in Older and Younger, now 9 and 6. Maybe I was fairly fertile and thus could be cavalier about smells and feelings and abdominal pressure blah blah blah, but honestly, it never even OCCURRED to me to get that involved in basal temping or EWCM or....any of it. Stick the dates of your last few periods into a program, let it tell you when you're likely to be fertile, go at it like bunnies, wait and see. Even the people I know who went through infertility didn't get that obsessed about days past ovulation and mucus because holy hell, it's either happening or is not and compulsively documenting every twinge seems to be a very interesting way of channeling OCD or serious anxiety.
Wow. I'd left that whole TTC thing behind gratefully, but this woman takes it to a whole new level.

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2016 at 6:38 AM, ladyaudley said:

I wonder whether she is trying to convince herself that any bleeding she might be experiencing is just really heavy implantation bleeding... she does seem to bleed a lot during pregnancies (i mean, she basically gives you a dripping rate :brainbleach:)

I think she does give up the fantasy once her temp drops (and stays down, because she made that mistake with one of her sons and missed a few days about obsessing over her [actually viable] pregnancy. )

I feel pretty certain that if she had any hope of pregnancy she would have logged it by now, usually with a "positive" pregnancy test so ambiguous that my perfect eye sight cannot see even the hint of a line.  

• Upvote 1