IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

She & her husband sleep in separate rooms?  

Yes, he sleeps in the children's bedroom, she has her own double bed which she shares with the baby. Apparently its so he can attend to the older kids in the night if they need anything

Okay, I had to double check on the sleeping things. 

She is currently sleeping in the master, on a mattress on the floor, with Lydia (probably now with just the new baby, with Lydie possibly in a new toddler bed).  Neil is sleeping in a proper double bed next to the floor mattress (aka, "nursing bed".)  The two youngest boys sleep with them in the room, in a "bunk" bed (which actually sounds like a bed with a trundle underneath), but she was planning on cleaning out a small, fourth bedroom for them to move to to make room for baby.  Who knows if it got done. 

In the previous house, Neil slept in the boys' room, so he could tend to the children.

She refuses to move Lydia out of the master (I guess the boys can be replaced with a baby, but precious first born daughter cannot.)  She's stated that her and the new baby would move out of the room, if Lydia cannot sleep through the night with an infant nursing on demand, needing diaper changes, etc. 

The sorted tale in her words (YES, that ^ was the tl;dr): 

* Samuel (nearly 5), Elijah (3.5) and Lydia (2) sleep in the big master bedroom with us. The boys have a shorty "bunk" which is really a cabin bed with a mattress on the floor underneath for the "bottom bunk". We keep our little ones close at night while they are still waking and needing us, and the older four boys rarely wake, but come to us if they need anything. Samuel wakes most nights just from a bad dream or needing a drink, or cold and tangled in his covers, etc. Some nights he's restless and wakes more often. He is starting to get up and get the drink from the shelf himself now, without disturbing us, and he can also put his covers back on himself some of the time. Elijah wakes sometimes, and cries like a little one until someone comes. They are almost ready to be in their own room now, and I would not have been comfortable about it any sooner, honestly. I think they will be able to learn to come to us if they need us, or hopefully we'll hear 'Lijah cry and get up and go to him if needed, if they are in their own room. Anyway, they NEED to move out of our room in time for the baby to arrive! Our smallest bedroom (we have 4 now) has been a "junk" room since we moved here, because we had a ton of boxes and stuff to sort that we never had time to do, and that particular room was used as an office by the previous owners, and that was the only room in the house that they smoked in, ugh. It was not awful, but you can still smell the yucky smell if the door has been closed for a while, so I want to strip it of EVERYTHING - wallpaper, carpet, lightshade, blind - that was left by the last people, and rip out the fitted wardrobe which is just taking up space (and harbouring the smell), and re-decorate it completely. We have been here 14 months now and STILL haven't found time to get it done, but our time is officially up so we have to get it done somehow. The little boys need it for their bedroom. I am panicking about how on earth we can do it. We can't afford decorators, Neil has zero time off work between now and Christmas (I will be 38.5 weeks at Christmas and it DEFINITELY has to be done well before then!), and we are up to our ears in parenting small children for every waking second that he's home! :/  We are slowwwly getting the junk and boxes shifted over many weekends, but there aren't enough left now!

* Lydia has always slept by my side in the double mattress on the floor. Neil is next to our bed in another double bed (proper frame, not on the floor), but mine is the "nursing bed". :) Safer for her so she hasn't got anywhere to fall out of. So she has never slept apart from me, and she is still nursing on demand day and night. She wakes at night maybe once or twice, though if she's unwell or having a bad night, she might wake several times and be very clingy and whimpery. She doesn't like Neil to lie with her instead of me, like when I'm unwell and can't be next to her because I'm pacing around nauseated downstairs (it turns out that I'm having fairly frequent attacks of IBS or something, but with SO MUCH NAUSEA, urgh. I was sure it was a tummy bug the first time, but it's recurring and seems very IBS-like, so probably not. :/ ). She just cries and stays awake until I'm there! Which is also a nerve-wracking thought when I think of how soon the new baby will arrive.

* For the first time we plan to have Lydia stay in the room with us, the same room as the new baby. The only time we ever did this was with Arthur, when Nathan was born. Matthew and I went into a different room and left Neil co-sleeping with Arthur, when Matthew was born. I meant to move Arthur in with Matthew in time for Nathan's arrival, but of course he came at 35 weeks (PLEASE NO, BABY!) and Arthur was still where he was! He stayed a few weeks and was disturbed at first by Nathan's wakings, and then got more used to it and slept through most of them. I was glad to have a space for just the baby and me though, and after that we had "the boys' room" at our old house, and every time a new baby was nearly due, we moved the previous baby out of my bed and into the boys' room with his older brothers. Because they were so little when moving in (less than 18 months old), Neil slept on the floor in their room so he could attend to their wakings, which they continued to do frequently until they were between 2 and 3. Neil actually got better sleep that way anyway, because I was up a LOT with a tiny baby. Soooo, this time, we're in a new home. We have no "boys' room" for the littlest to move into, and we don't want to go back to Neil moving onto some child's bedroom floor to attend to wakings! BUT we don't feel right making such a huge transition for Lydie. Away from my side, night weaned, and out of our room completely, very obviously "replaced" by a new little person! Nope. So the only option we can think of is that the boys move out, and she gets a fancy new toddler bed to entice her to sleep where their bed was, in our room. I need to night-wean her the moment we get her in there, and hopefully she will adjust to the disturbances of the baby waking at night for nappy changes and milk, etc. If it doesn't work, I guess we will have to think of an alternative, after the baby is here and we've tried it for a while. The alternative would have to be me and the tiny one moving out of the bedroom, I think, but I am not sure where we would go as all the bedrooms are full! :/

• Upvote 2

Without realizing it, I just spent several minutes of my life totally submersed in another human's stream of consciousness; it's like our life streams merged.  OK, shaking it off now and coming back to my own reality.  I sleep in a queen bed with Herr Howell.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Without realizing it, I just spent several minutes of my life totally submersed in another human's stream of consciousness; it's like our life streams merged.  OK, shaking it off now and coming back to my own reality.  I sleep in a queen bed with Herr Howell.  

Wait until she's ovulating again and trying to get pregnant.  Her blog will be a detailed account of just about every post-conception body fluid and pregnancy symptom (real and imagined) under the sun. You'll long for the days when your lives merged for only minutes. 

If you're really lucky, it'll lead to a pregnancy that has a vanishing twin (as evidenced by the "surviving" twin's cowlick) or one where she knows what sex the baby is just by her food cravings. 

Seriously, though, this woman thinks she's pregnant every month.  Essentially, in her own mind, she conceives and the egg does not implant cycle after cycle, until it does (all this with about one sexual encounter per fertile period, with her in the latter half of her 30's.  Unlikely or delusional, I'll let someone else make the call.)  She writes about it all in great detail.  Meanwhile, the blog to discuss the multiple children she's already birthed is neglected, much like the six boy-children (I think all of them, or at least the school age ones, have been Alice-diagnosed as being on the spectrum.) 

I wish she would update about the kids more often.  It might soften me towards her.  Plus I'm not so interested in the goings on around here in the past year or so, outside of the Rodrigues family nightmare (not a knock against FJ, just not interested in the actively blogging fundies or no one else in interested in the people I follow [like That Wife, of bathroom baby fame]), so it'd be nice if one of the fundies that fascinates me stepped it up in 2016!

• Upvote 2

Their sleeping arrangements sound so complicated. Or maybe it's just the way Ms. Parsnips writes that makes it sounds so complex? I don't know, but just the subject of where people sleep has my head spinning. Please...no more kids! You're at max capacity. DONE!

On 9 January 2016 at 6:41 AM, Ofglen said:

I feel bad for alice. I also know that she's her own worst enemy. But I still feel bad for how self destructive she is, if that makes sense. Her life could be so much better, her kids' lives could be SO much better, so could Neil's...

Me too :(

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:54 AM, Jana814 said:

I'm sure it was posted before. But can someone tell me how old she is. 

I think she's 39 looking at her profile.

Holy streams of consciousness and TMI.  I can't wade through those posts. So she had six boys and then two girls.  They are beautiful children but I can't help noticing that one of these things is not like the others.

Is it ever explained why the second oldest boy has long hair?  Is it because she allows some originality or because she wanted him to be a girl?

56 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think she's 39 looking at her profile.

Holy streams of consciousness and TMI.  I can't wade through those posts. So she had six boys and then two girls.  They are beautiful children but I can't help noticing that one of these things is not like the others.

Is it ever explained why the second oldest boy has long hair?  Is it because she allows some originality or because she wanted him to be a girl?

I think she allows bodily autonomy.  Apparently someone (or several people) sent her a message about it and she was super nasty in her blog when addressing the issue (ditto people who noted that the kids need an orthodontist.)

While I agree that it's beyond the pale to contact a blogger to voice your disapproval of her children's looks, her response didn't come off as exactly balanced.  

• Upvote 1

I think the long haired boy looks cute.  I like children to be able to make choices about that.

I was confused because people kept saying that she had 6 boys and harped on wanting girls.  I caught the orthodontist discussion.  All she really needed to say was that the children were too young for braces and to lay off any criticism of their looks.  Yes, it is beyond the pale.

I went down the rabbit hole of this one and by gum she loves her wall of text. 

Only went into the Alice blog not the others.

so she is on number 8 and as far as I can tell she is late 30's. Mainly home births but has been told of the dangers of this as she goes up the numbers.  

I think the kids are all cute though but seriously she needs to sort out their education properly and not just kid on she's educating them. She admitted as much on her FB page she'd rather cuddle her daughter. 

• 1 month later...

The pics of each of the kids holding the new baby are adorable.  Alice posted a long entry, which for her was extremely abbreviated of course. 

Arthur, the oldest boy, is starting to get that long, gangly, "I'm on the verge of big growth spurts" look.  

alicesbaby.blogspot.com/  and scroll down, down, down past the wall o' text for the pics. 

She hasn't posted for two months on either blog.  Last year, she started keeping fertility charts at two months after that baby was born, so now we're two months out from the most recent baby, so she's probably on the verge of getting ready to have a heart-to-heart with us, her readers, about cervical mucous and whatever else she's secreting at the moment.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, Alice of Alice's Baby blog (Brit Mum obsessed with pregnancy) has updated and she's not happy.  Apparently she has found her (very, very small) GOMI thread and is appalled that anyone would read her blog and come away with negative feelings towards her.  She answers the limited criticism and claims a couple of things are wrong, like why she and Neil didn't have sex early in her marriage and what the deal was with the child protective services being called.  I don't think she ever explained the investigation, and didn't explain it now.  

Even though she went into defensive mode, it might be good for her to have read this very limited criticism.  Maybe give her something to think about?  I don't know.  

I'm utterly shocked she hasn't found us.  If she was upset about a handful of comments, she'll surely go private if she locates us. :(  

Alicesbaby.blogspot.com

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Is it wrong to admit that I found this site after googling to see what all the fuss Alice was making on her blog was about?  Her GOMI thread was tame I thought so I suspected there had to be more.  I lost an enjoyable few hours reading about her and other bloggers here.

Personally I wonder if she did find this site but only linked to GOMI because she wanted to rant but didn't want to admit just how bad (in her opinion) some of the snark/criticism is.

• Upvote 3

good point. She *must* have found this place too and  probably just doesn't want her readers to see it. But who knows!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

34 minutes ago, JemilyJ said:

Alice has updated again.

And she's apparently pregnant.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!   That said, I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. 

ETA: It seems that Alice is convinced she is pregnant, but she doesn't think it will "stick" 'cause she's only 6 mo. post partum. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1

I'm just confused why she's amazed at the possibility she could be pregnant again, given how closely she tracks things. I'd think it was obvious at this point that sex without contraception means it's possible to get pregnant, even if it's not super likely at certain times. :my_huh:

Also, I'm sure she's found the FJ threads. Maybe she linked the GOMI thread cause it's short compared to the FJ stuff. 

• Upvote 2

I know that feeling well, those agonizing days when you *can't* know yet but you can't stand *not* knowing yet.  I was the same way when I had my first and it was miserable.  I hope the uncertainty will be resolved quickly for her.

I'm glad she decided to keep her blog open.  I enjoy it.

12 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Why does she call sex parsnips? :pb_lol:

Because she's worried about people finding her blog by searching on the keyword sex. I can't remember if that actually happened and it freaked her out (I think it might have done on the older version of her pregnancy blog) or if she just got flustered.

I also seem to to remember (but can't find) an entry when she wrote about their decision to trust God and referred to it as having Parsnips with no "carrots"

• Upvote 6

Parsnips with no carrots. Kill me now. Out of all the things the Google search of sex brings up, her blog should not appear unless one is specifically looking for it.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JemilyJ said:

Alice has updated again.

And she's apparently pregnant.

Alice thinks she's pregnant every single cycle. Every single twinge or itch or craving for dessert indicates ovulation or implantation.

Alice doesn't have periods. She has monthly babies whom she will meet in heaven.

Edited by SusanAtTheLastBattle
riffle
  • Upvote 21