IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Hoping nothing dreadful has happened. Who knew we'd be longing for even a baby bump progress photo to know things were back to whatever counts for normal for Alice in bablyland.

Nah, I think everything's fine. She's been doing this for awhile. I think she kind of chilled out when she realized her chance of miscarriage was going down or something. Except I think she was still bleeding a lot at that point, so idk...

This woman is something else. I've just binge read this thread and a good chunk of her blog.

She tries to breastfeed her kids to 4 1/2? That seems weirdly long...

and her kids seem to have very little education. The posts where she talks what they've learnt that week none of them seem to have done more than one subject. That might be fine for the younger ones, but her oldest should be doing secondary school level work, and while it sounds like he's there in history (if you count duplo battle re-enactment) he should be doing an hour each a day of maths and english, or he'll get really behind.

And she didn't seem that fundie until I realised she was using creationist science textbooks. 'apologia science' does not sound like a decent text book.

And yeah, outing your kids on the internet is a terrible idea. Speaking as an autistic person whose autistic partner is currently looking for work, disclosure to employers is something that has to be handled really carefully, at the right time in the application, with the right framin. The chances that her kid will want it coming up in a google search of his name and location as an adult are really, really low, even if he's really out about it as an adult. Most employers do google prospective employees, and she's taking away his privacy and potentially screwing him for employment later in life.

I think a lot of older people underestimate just how findable they are from very little information on the internet.

I just checked her blog (no update) and saw that her scan post has 20 comments. I don't normally read the comments because it's just fan girls squeeing or defending Alice against a logical comment.

Anyway, someone asked if she was going to stop now since she has her 2 girls (which she claims was not her goal...just as happy with boys...keep telling yourself that, Alice). She said no, that the baby train will keep on. No shock, but I'm seriously hoping for an early menopause for our Alice.

She's entertainment, but those poor, poor kids. Maybe if she'd just let them go to school I'd feel differently. But, as it stands, the end of fertility cannot come soon enough.

I just checked her blog (no update) and saw that her scan post has 20 comments. I don't normally read the comments because it's just fan girls squeeing or defending Alice against a logical comment.

Anyway, someone asked if she was going to stop now since she has her 2 girls (which she claims was not her goal...just as happy with boys...keep telling yourself that, Alice). She said no, that the baby train will keep on. No shock, but I'm seriously hoping for an early menopause for our Alice.

She's entertainment, but those poor, poor kids. Maybe if she'd just let them go to school I'd feel differently. But, as it stands, the end of fertility cannot come soon enough.

Yeah, I agree. I kind of feel weird about my original post now. It's easy for me to forgot sometimes that these fundies on the internet are actually real life people that are real life damaging their children.

This woman is something else. I've just binge read this thread and a good chunk of her blog.

She tries to breastfeed her kids to 4 1/2? That seems weirdly long...

and her kids seem to have very little education. The posts where she talks what they've learnt that week none of them seem to have done more than one subject. That might be fine for the younger ones, but her oldest should be doing secondary school level work, and while it sounds like he's there in history (if you count duplo battle re-enactment) he should be doing an hour each a day of maths and english, or he'll get really behind.

And she didn't seem that fundie until I realised she was using creationist science textbooks. 'apologia science' does not sound like a decent text book.

And yeah, outing your kids on the internet is a terrible idea. Speaking as an autistic person whose autistic partner is currently looking for work, disclosure to employers is something that has to be handled really carefully, at the right time in the application, with the right framin. The chances that her kid will want it coming up in a google search of his name and location as an adult are really, really low, even if he's really out about it as an adult. Most employers do google prospective employees, and she's taking away his privacy and potentially screwing him for employment later in life.

I think a lot of older people underestimate just how findable they are from very little information on the internet.

Honestly, I think she probably understands the internet well enough to know that we are all very searchable. I mean, you never know, but that's a very basic concept in internet usage. I think that she, like many other parents, especially of autistic/otherwise neurodivergent children, just can't be bothered to concern herself with her child's privacy and future and is thinking of herself. Potential employers are not the only ones who will be able to find this information either. Friends, school peers (if Arthur goes to college), colleagues, etc., are going to have access to this too, and that gets really stressful.

(Have you seen that blog, called "why my son is crying?" or something like that? That's another example of the lack of respect (in general) and lack of respect for privacy of children by parents that ticks me off...)

Honestly, I think she probably understands the internet well enough to know that we are all very searchable. I mean, you never know, but that's a very basic concept in internet usage. I think that she, like many other parents, especially of autistic/otherwise neurodivergent children, just can't be bothered to concern herself with her child's privacy and future and is thinking of herself. Potential employers are not the only ones who will be able to find this information either. Friends, school peers (if Arthur goes to college), colleagues, etc., are going to have access to this too, and that gets really stressful.

(Have you seen that blog, called "why my son is crying?" or something like that? That's another example of the lack of respect (in general) and lack of respect for privacy of children by parents that ticks me off...)

Yep. At least 'reasons my child is crying' doesn't have a full name attached usually.

Within the autism parent community I've seen parents (who frequently list real names and location on their blog) post photos of their kids having meltdowns with whiny 'look how hard my life is' comments, detailed stories about their children's bathroom accidents, photos of bathroom accidents, full lists of diagnoses, discussion about how much they wish their child was 'normal', pictures of their children naked, for the purpose of complaining about how they won't wear clothes, etc.

And if you try to point out that their child might have some desire for privacy, or at least a desire to stop friends or employers from seeing this stuff, it's 'don't tell me how to parent' 'my child will never have friends or a job' (...well they certainly won't now..) 'my need to get sympathy on the internet is more important than my child's privacy, and this needs my child's photos and real name'.

Honestly, there are a whole group of parents whose reaction to their child's genuine emotional distress is to whip out a camera to film it with for their own emotional benefit, rather than actually consoling or helping their child. None of these people should have had children, IMO.

There's this community of one-up-manship 'my child is worse than your child' that really encourages it as well.

Yep. At least 'reasons my child is crying' doesn't have a full name attached usually.

Within the autism parent community I've seen parents (who frequently list real names and location on their blog) post photos of their kids having meltdowns with whiny 'look how hard my life is' comments, detailed stories about their children's bathroom accidents, photos of bathroom accidents, full lists of diagnoses, discussion about how much they wish their child was 'normal', pictures of their children naked, for the purpose of complaining about how they won't wear clothes, etc.

And if you try to point out that their child might have some desire for privacy, or at least a desire to stop friends or employers from seeing this stuff, it's 'don't tell me how to parent' 'my child will never have friends or a job' (...well they certainly won't now..) 'my need to get sympathy on the internet is more important than my child's privacy, and this needs my child's photos and real name'.

Honestly, there are a whole group of parents whose reaction to their child's genuine emotional distress is to whip out a camera to film it with for their own emotional benefit, rather than actually consoling or helping their child. None of these people should have had children, IMO.

There's this community of one-up-manship 'my child is worse than your child' that really encourages it as well.

What the ever loving fuck is wrong with people that they would post stuff like that!!??

Does she really try and breastfeed to 4 1/2? Normally I wouldn't snark on someone's breast feeding choices but in this case, that doesn't seem possible. That would include feeding through another two pregnancies. I know of people who fed through pregnancy and continued to feed a newborn and toddler so I know that can be done. Can you really feed a toddler, a baby and be pregnant again? Surely your body would just give up?

Does she really try and breastfeed to 4 1/2? Normally I wouldn't snark on someone's breast feeding choices but in this case, that doesn't seem possible. That would include feeding through another two pregnancies. I know of people who fed through pregnancy and continued to feed a newborn and toddler so I know that can be done. Can you really feed a toddler, a baby and be pregnant again? Surely your body would just give up?

It seems she did. Apparently one of the older kids stopped when the milk changed during pregnancy, but another two fed all the way through, and she was feeding three at once.

Presumably with the older two they were also on solid food, and she has said at 4 1/2 it's just 'bedtime milky', but wow. That is an impressive amount of milk.

And I think pretty good evidence that she's more keen on the whole pregnancy and baby thing than older children.

Oh, where was that video of that mother who was still breastfeeding her 7 year old or something?

She does breastfeed for a long time and seems to feel morally superior about it. A while back she had a braggy post where she celebrated 10 years of breastfeeding without a break.

And, she is very careful with her last name not being put online. I have no clue what her surname is. Mind you, if you knew her last name and a few life circumstances, you could identify her (and she does post pics sometimes.) But, I don't think anything would come up with an "Arthur Lastname" search.

She's baaaack, and she's cranky that her husband and sons like cars and football. There should be no discussions about subjects other than pregnancy dagnabit.

In Alice's update she talks about wanting separate beds once they're finished having babies in the room. This guys parsnip days are numbered! I wonder if God is going to "unheal" her and return her fear of sex post menopause?

It took me 10 minutes to find her on Facebook. Most of her posts are private so that's a good thing. I've been following her since before Arthur but I don't think I could handle being her Facebook friend. I already have too many people I'm "friends with" but have to hide their posts.

I'm sad that she's sure she'll have two daughters she can pal around with and they won't be interested in any of the subjects she finds boring... so sorry Lydia and ?? if you happen to be non-traditional girls. Mama ain't goin' like that.

Interesting she isn't interested in football and cars and motorbikes like Neil and the boys are, but then proceeded to get snippy with them all in the car "Yes! It's another bike!" in a snarky tone. Geez, when my boys were little and were banging on with their dad about cars and football and typical boy things, I just thought it was cute, and did my own thing.

She then went on to be glad she was having another girl, so that Lydia, the new baby and Alice can all be "girlzzz' together. Wasn't it Alice that wanted children so she'd have friends? So now she thinks she may have 2 readymade girlfriends to do girly things with. She won't react well to her girls ever having friends of their own, although how they will meet these friends remains to be seen, seeing she's going to be homeschooling and keeping them closeted.

Maybe when they get a little older, and see all the other kids in the neighbourhood heading off to school, her kids will beg her to go too. I hope so, because they're not going to get educated any other way.

She just has no friends or life of her own. Since her only interest in life that is discernible is getting pregnant and being pregnant, that's not really a surprise. Probably also the reason why the only adult human interactions that we hear from that aren't family are midwives and nurses - even the one "friend" she occasionally talks about!

In Alice's update she talks about wanting separate beds once they're finished having babies in the room. This guys parsnip days are numbered! I wonder if God is going to "unheal" her and return her fear of sex post menopause?

Ha ha ha ha ha. That is totally on the cards.

Interesting she isn't interested in football and cars and motorbikes like Neil and the boys are, but then proceeded to get snippy with them all in the car "Yes! It's another bike!" in a snarky tone.

Yes, why doesn't she just roll with it? She has a lot of sons, she may as well take an interest, too. Or at least be amused.

I'm going to chalk it up to her extreme level of self involvement.

She just has no friends or life of her own. Since her only interest in life that is discernible is getting pregnant and being pregnant, that's not really a surprise. Probably also the reason why the only adult human interactions that we hear from that aren't family are midwives and nurses - even the one "friend" she occasionally talks about!

Totally!

Well she's moved away from Heather now. But she's near one of her bloggy friends. I wonder how that will work out.

I think it got all a bit much for Heather in the end.

Heather pointed out that babies are a natural consequence of parsnips and that you didn't have to "do anything" you just have to "not prevent".

Alice didn't get the hint. Heather wasn't into all the early testing and charting and timing as it goes against God's plan.

I think Alice is also very demanding.

Totally!

Well she's moved away from Heather now. But she's near one of her bloggy friends. I wonder how that will work out.

I think it got all a bit much for Heather in the end.

Heather pointed out that babies are a natural consequence of parsnips and that you didn't have to "do anything" you just have to "not prevent".

Alice didn't get the hint. Heather wasn't into all the early testing and charting and timing as it goes against God's plan.

I think Alice is also very demanding.

"babies are a natural consequence of parsnips" just might be the phrase we were looking for earlier in this thread! I nominate this, or a shortened version of it if necessary, for a post count title :cracking-up:

Does she go to church or are she and Neil affiliated with a church?

She definitely used to. I was reading her archives, but it just got to be too much Alice, kwim? She rarely posts now, so the insanity is spread out and not so intense.

I remember that her family was not happy with her adult conversion to Christianity (she sounded fundie light) and that she always had excuses why she couldn't go to church (the one I remember is that she was too jealous of a pregnant woman.)

Her relationship with religion, and how it affects her day to day life, is very different from most ppl we snark on. The only similarity is need moar babbieeezzz!

^

Since her conversion and marriage Alice and neil have always had a local church. I think it's pentecostal. Her parents are dead against it, though tolerant. She has said she tried to convert her mother but her mother doesn't understand the point of Jesus or hell. They just see it all as mumbo jumbo.

Alice did recently mention that they've had to adjust to their new local church.

When she came up with this crazy baby plan she was heavily influenced and obsessed with mostly American Large family websites, mostly fundamentalists and really wanted to get into MOMYS. It's quite tail wagging the dog.

It's not part of the church teachings that she belongs to. I'd say she was an anomaly there in fact.

Really the "God wants us churning out the babies" thing is just a convenient explanation for her obsessions. As I see it, the Bible doesn't really have any bearing in how she conducts herself other than that. For example, Neil is not really in charge of that home.

I do recall reading about the being jealous of the pregnant woman at church and another incident where she didn't go for weeks because she was angry other church members weren't supportive enough about something (can't recall what). I think she goes to Church every second week now.

And yes I agree the old diary archives and earlier blogging is just too much. I actually got quite agitated after reading too much. This recent entries are so much more moderate.

I think she's toned it down because of the social services incident.

I'm sure she's unloading some place else though anonymously.

Even the more conservative UK churches (eg pentecostal) are quite different to the US equivalent - and I believe UK pentecostalism is very very different? Over here it has a strong Caribbean/African contingent, pentecostal churches are often 'black churches', especially in cities. There are more white middle-class charismatic churches like Vineyard ones though. But even in the really conservative ones, having piles of children and being anti-contraception is just unheard of.

Foxie Moxie you're totally right. I should have said her church is more like a 'Hillsong' or mega church ie quite mainstream and not quiverfull at all.

• 1 month later...