IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

I don't see anything wrong with a person having a preference to raise one sex over the other. I 100% wanted girls. So I decided to stick with one, and marry a man with a daughter. I didn't have baby after baby I couldn't care for "trying for a girl", or trying for another girl. Easy for me to say since my first was a girl, but if she hadn't been, I probably would have gone with older child adoption, because you get to choose. I know adoption isn't always easy, and may not be the answer for everyone, but if you have that strong of a gender preference, maybe something to think about.

I am taking liberties here, but I think most people have a slight preference for on or the other, but not enough to be seriously disappointed. I can see a woman picturing herself with a daughter baking cookies for Christmas, and taking her little girl to the American Girl Doll store, but wouldn't be heartbroken if they had a son, or make a big deal about it. I have three girls and was a bit shocked hearing #4 was a boy. I just was not used to little boys, and honestly the friends who had them, it seemed like it was hard work. I had the stomach flu a few weeks ago and my seven year old son was the one refreshing my water and bringing me popcicles. He even would take the wrappers away and throw them in the garbage. I didn't even ask him. He is so sweet and thoughtful.

I wanted to mention on CAF years ago there was a woman completely distraught she was having a boy. People encouraged her to go to get professional help and she did. She knew her feelings were wrong and did something about it. The discussion turned to people having those feelings and being ashamed to admit it.I guess you can't always help how you feel so at least she was honest and took care of it. If someone is struggling with this, you are not alone. End of PSA.

Final thought: it irritates me to no end when I get comments like, hey you finally got your boy!

Shriek! No! It has to be another lie. 1) Who would want to watch these two even if they weren't frauds? Honestly, how are they appealing? b) I'd turn to stone on the spot if I ran across his face and heard his voice while flipping through channels. I'm not nuts about Nia either but I don't get the visceral hate response with her like I do with him.

Nia seems slightly better than Sam. Sam seems like the bigger attention whore. I think the supposed contact from a network about a reality show could be a lie, but on the other hand, who knows. Some people have managed to get contact about reality shows, but nothing pans out. With Sam and Nia, I can't see what kind of reality show would be built around them, unless was some kind of show about a family vlogging, which would get boring fast.

Now these people are on the front of ABCnews. How is this news worthy?

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/christi ... 22&ts=true

They have really gotten under my skin. The smugness is so irritating.

Ugh Nightline has done shit in the past where they do segments on some of the worst youtube vloggers or Internet type celebrities. Sam and Nia are clearly going to milk as much as they can, even though many are questioning the miscarriage and other things.

Looks like they're taking a break. The comments section in this article is gold.

gawker.com/viral-miscarriage-vlogger-sam-rader-taking-a-5-to-7-da-1726500272

As a woman whose had 5 miscarriages at various stages in different trimesters [probably all that b/c I used giving away quite a but of my heart /s 8-) ]these two make me sick. After horrible pregnancies filled with complications [cerclages, pre-term labor, hospital bed rest, severe pre-eclampsia], I am blessed with my two sons. And my tubal ligation so I never go through that again. I don't get how their story went viral?!

...it irritates me to no end when I get comments like, hey you finally got your boy!

I think I understand what you mean. After I had my third daughter, despite not hiding the fact that it was a surprise pregnancy (meaning we'd always intended on stopping at two), I had people look at my beautiful newborn daughter and comment "Don't worry, if you try one more time I'm sure you'll get your boy!" Even my husband was offended. If anyone said that around him he'd say "Why would we do that? There's nothing I could do with a son that I can't do with my daughters."

I don't know why I was hurt by those remarks, I freely admitted that this was an unplanned pregnancy and I was kind of hoping for another daughter because by then I was used to only having girls, but if it was a boy I knew I'd figure out this 'little boy' stuff like anyone else would do.

As a woman whose had 5 miscarriages at various stages in different trimesters [probably all that b/c I used giving away quite a but of my heart /s 8-) ]these two make me sick. After horrible pregnancies filled with complications [cerclages, pre-term labor, hospital bed rest, severe pre-eclampsia], I am blessed with my two sons. And my tubal ligation so I never go through that again. I don't get how their story went viral?!

I am sorry you went through all that. I am glad to see you ended up with two sons. I don't understand how their story went viral either.

Completely agree. I'm only happy it's the lesser of two evils. And I use the term "happy" loosely.

I'm especially pissed that during her early years of marriage when she allegedly had ME or chronic fatigue (and then was celibate) she went bananas because Neil called some of the issues "your problems" in conversation .

She insisted it was "THEIR" problems (even though it was totally her) because they're married and HE'S a factor in her problems!

So now I see it's NEIL'S depression and she's whining about how a depressed spouse makes the other spouse depressed etc. and it's ALL him and his history Yada Yada. No mention of "OUR" anything.

It just staggers me, the woman is so lacking in self awareness.

Praise God she isn't my relative: there's no way I could stay polite for long!!

Good insight on Alice's marital dynamics. I can't imagine what will happen in that household when the boys get older and realize they were born the wrong sex in terms of their mom's ultimate happiness. Hoping Neil can step up and be a good counterbalance to their mom's neuroses.

Well, guess I was wrong. I'm happy for them. Maybe now that she has a sister for Lydia, it won't be so bad for her if this is their last baby. I'm guessing Neil probably feels that way too. I think that Alice does love her children, but she just seems so overwhelmed. It doesn't seem like anyone is learning anything with "homeschooling", so for the kids' sake, I hope this is the last one. Hopefully Neil will put his foot down and refuse "parsnips" when he knows Alice is ovulating.

Sam and Nia had a bit of a following before the pregnancy test video. The Frozen video of them and the kids was quite popular. I'm guessing that their followers helped make the pregnancy test video go viral.

I have a friend who is pregnant and I am sure I can convince her to do this :) I haven't read the rest of the post replies but I will send her a message. I kept thinking that didn't sound right. One time my friend tried running a drug test cup from pee in the toilet and it didn't work. So I am thinking this will have the same thing.

The bolded was my first thought about this situation too. Is there a newly pregnant FJer in the house who could be persuaded to test this? Video evidence of a pee-filled toilet is not required.

I have my doubts Neil is privy to the ovulation timing. Well maybe but she probably just busts a move and he goes with it spontaneously.

If someone told me they were ovulating I'd find it a total buzz kill.

You're a generous person. I could only hope to be so. Personally I doubt a second girl will help much. As one point she was hoping they could all say "sisters and brothers" so I think the benchmark is 3 girls plus.

And who knows about Neil. He's a total doormat extraordinaire. Who knows what contributions he makes other than worker bee.

While I agree Alice loves her children I see love as a verb. I just think she's acopic and really given her mental health, finances, distance from work, health, marital issues etc. four children was enough. And honestly four boys is absolutely lovely! And their lives could have been SO much better with more time and resources spent on them!

It's very shortsighted to be preoccupied about having a girl to dress up in pink. Especially at the expense of the others.

It's really very sad.

Thanks to FJ, I went through Alice's blog. Wow. I have known many women obsessed with being pregnant, but it is the first time I read a whole blog only about DPO and pregnancy tests. Hasn't she anything else to say about her children? Their tastes, what they like doing, etc...?

Thanks to FJ, I went through Alice's blog. Wow. I have known many women obsessed with being pregnant, but it is the first time I read a whole blog only about DPO and pregnancy tests. Hasn't she anything else to say about her children? Their tastes, what they like doing, etc...?

Well, she does have another blog (Arthur's Mummy or something, it's linked on her pregnancy blog.) However, she rarely updates. Last time she did a few updates, someone suggested that the kids needed braces and she flipped her shit.

I'm torn about her blogging about the kids. I mean, I think it's a clear indication that she only cares about the NEXT baby, not the children she's already brought into this world. On the other hand, I think it's better for the boys to not have their lives documented. She already has a habit of diagnosing her children with things they may or may not have. Once that's out there, they essentially "have" Asperger's or whatever it is she's claiming. Also, the less time she spends online, the more (theoretically) she has to care for them.

I have a friend who is pregnant and I am sure I can convince her to do this :) I haven't read the rest of the post replies but I will send her a message. I kept thinking that didn't sound right. One time my friend tried running a drug test cup from pee in the toilet and it didn't work. So I am thinking this will have the same thing.

If this story had come out sooner, I would have tested it. I am well into my second trimester, so I think the results would be valid.

If this story had come out sooner, I would have tested it. I am well into my second trimester, so I think the results would be valid.

I'll try when I pee next time. I'm about 6 weeks along.

I wonder if Alice is one of those women who only feels good when she's pregnant? Just some right combination or hormones makes her feel exceptionally good and she knows she's got to get pregnant ASAP to keep the high going. Psychologically perhaps she craves the attention she gets from being pregnant. Procreation IS a superpower,

Actually, I have no idea what makes her tick. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

She'd be interesting IF she could care for the children she already has. The best solution would be to put her unschooled (and unsocialized) school-age boys in regular school ASAP. They could get away from her obsessions for a few hours, learn how to be normal boys and she would have time to bond with the littles. Teachers could become aware of any OCD or other tendencies in her kids and perhaps get them all caught up academically. See, Alice? Fixed it for ya!

I googled "women obsessed with their pregnancies" and came across an article on Women's Health online magazine called Can You Be Addicted to Pregnancy? When pregnancy can become the focus of life

Bumpaholics (!) can experience pregnancy as a way to fill an inner void.

"...and the baby fix can become a cycle. When an infant becomes a more independent toddler, "the mom may feel abandoned and act quickly to fill the void again with a new baby who will rely upon her and her partner and define their lives"

Pregnancy can also provide an oxytocin blast leading to release of dopamine in the reward region of the brain.

Lots of social rewards, as well.

They don't mention how OCD figures in, but it seems Alice has some woven into all of this.

I'll try when I pee next time. I'm about 6 weeks along.

Congratulations! I think he used her morning pee. Maybe try it tomorrow morning? I am curious what the results will be.

The worst part about their Ashley Madison video is the wife sitting behind the husband with such an expression of admiration for her headship...they sicken me

Okay, so I did the first pee test after cleaning my bathrooms and flushing each toilet a couple of times to ensure cleaning chemicals would not interfere with test results. I'll do another test tomorrow morning, since that will be the first pee of the day, just to see if results will vary based on first morning urine vs. anytime urine. You know, for science.

(And I have an Alice-worthy amount of pee sticks, so getting rid of a few of them to satisfy my curiosity is no big deal.)

Test #1: 1:38PM EDT. 337mL of clear, dark yellow urine. (Yes, I peed into a cup first to measure the amount of urine collected and how dilute the sample already was. Wanted to make sure all variables are covered.) Urine added to 1.6 gpf/6.0Lpf toilet bowl containing clean, still water. Pee stick dunked to maximum level for 5 seconds as per test instructions. Control line visible within 30 seconds. No test line visible after the 5 minute wait time specified by the instructions. No test line visible after 2 additional minutes of wait time, in order to eliminate possibility of slow test response to diluted HCG.

Result: Negative pregnancy test.

Okay, so I did the first pee test after cleaning my bathrooms and flushing each toilet a couple of times to ensure cleaning chemicals would not interfere with test results. I'll do another test tomorrow morning, since that will be the first pee of the day, just to see if results will vary based on first morning urine vs. anytime urine. You know, for science.

(And I have an Alice-worthy amount of pee sticks, so getting rid of a few of them to satisfy my curiosity is no big deal.)

Test #1: 1:38PM EDT. 337mL of clear, dark yellow urine. (Yes, I peed into a cup first to measure the amount of urine collected and how dilute the sample already was. Wanted to make sure all variables are covered.) Urine added to 1.6 gpf/6.0Lpf toilet bowl containing clean, still water. Pee stick dunked to maximum level for 5 seconds as per test instructions. Control line visible within 30 seconds. No test line visible after the 5 minute wait time specified by the instructions. No test line visible after 2 additional minutes of wait time, in order to eliminate possibility of slow test response to diluted HCG.

Result: Negative pregnancy test.

ooo, i love science! :D if i was earlier in pregnancy, i would love to take part!

ooo, i love science! :D if i was earlier in pregnancy, i would love to take part!

You totally should! It would be interesting to see if you could get an actual positive result from urine diluted with a couple gallons of toilet water. Since you're much farther along, your HCG levels should be high enough to make it feasible...

Yes, data, data and more data please!

You totally should! It would be interesting to see if you could get an actual positive result from urine diluted with a couple gallons of toilet water. Since you're much farther along, your HCG levels should be high enough to make it feasible...

hmmm that could yield interesting results! i'm 12 weeks, but probably not gonna get to a store before i switch to 13 weeks. if my preggie brain can remember, i'll grab a few tests. :P