IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

Test #1: 1:38PM EDT. 337mL of clear, dark yellow urine. (Yes, I peed into a cup first to measure the amount of urine collected and how dilute the sample already was. Wanted to make sure all variables are covered.) Urine added to 1.6 gpf/6.0Lpf toilet bowl containing clean, still water. Pee stick dunked to maximum level for 5 seconds as per test instructions. Control line visible within 30 seconds. No test line visible after the 5 minute wait time specified by the instructions. No test line visible after 2 additional minutes of wait time, in order to eliminate possibility of slow test response to diluted HCG.

Result: Negative pregnancy test.

These serious and rational approaches are the reason I decided to join FJ. Thanks for doing this.

I might be taking it too far here, but: If no one can generate a positive result with this approach, one could do a serial dilution to see at which point the positive result gets lost...

At some point during pregnancy, HCG decreases. I can't recall when though. So not sure if that would be the case at 12 weeks or not.

I want to say the husband said she had peed in the toilet once or twice overnight and then again in the morning. That was how he explained there would be enough urine to test.

Phoebe, congrats on your brandy new pregnancy and thanks so much for being the test subject!

I want to say the husband said she had peed in the toilet once or twice overnight and then again in the morning. That was how he explained there would be enough urine to test.

Unfortunately for him, the number of times peeing is not relevant. Unless his wife was drinking water the whole time I don't see how she could have generated a sufficient amount of urine over night. I am waiting for the data here to prove me wrong...

And just for Satan's sake, let's assume they are using a super low flow toilet. How many gallons of water is in the bowl in one of those things?

At some point during pregnancy, HCG decreases. I can't recall when though. So not sure if that would be the case at 12 weeks or not.

i actually did not know that, so i looked it up (cuz curious) and it apparently starts decreasing sometime between 8-10 weeks. so mine is probably donezo at this point.

oh well, there's always next time!

Test #2, 3:22 PM EDT. 116mL of clear, dark yellow urine in a specimen cup. Dunked test strip to the maximum line for the 5 seconds specified by the test instructions. Control line visible within 30 seconds, test line visible within 45 seconds.

Result: Positive pregnancy test.

It dawned on me that I hadn't done a control test strip. And Anxiety Brainweasels were taking over my thought process, and I worried that I'd somehow lost the pregnancy. So I did the test the way you're supposed to (undiluted urine) and got my test line so I can stop fretting lol.

Phoebe, you just made mister destiny31 and I laugh so much we had to pull to the side of the road. Thanks for taking that particular bullet for the team and being so hilarious about it. :)

Lol Phoebe, I was going to ask if you did a control test to be certain the tests are working.

So, you could totally get a bunch of test strips and start with the concentrated urine and keep diluting it until the tests stop turning positive and not have to keep dipping in the toilet, I think.

I had pneumonia while I was in Microbiology in nursing school...I earned extra credit for Gram staining my own sputum and identifying Streptococcus as the primary infectious organism. In fairness, I'd been exposed to Klebsiella pneumoniae a week to ten days previously and I wanted to make sure the Zpack would actually do its thing. :)

Yeah, I was *that* classmate...

The sequential dilutions will be forthcoming after tomorrow's morning pee. I also need to research the average volume of water in American residential toilet bowls. I daresay the AdSense bots will produce some interesting advertisements on my Facebook feed. ;)

I had pneumonia while I was in Microbiology in nursing school...I earned extra credit for Gram staining my own sputum and identifying Streptococcus as the primary infectious organism. In fairness, I'd been exposed to Klebsiella pneumoniae a week to ten days previously and I wanted to make sure the Zpack would actually do its thing. :)

Yeah, I was *that* classmate...

Ha! I had a woman in my group who swabbed her foot. When we checked on it however many days later, I swear to all that is holy that the fungus and crap growing in that dish about pushed the lid right off. It was hysterical and gross.

That is awesome that you swabbed your own sputum. How did you get the sample?

Ha! I had a woman in my group who swabbed her foot. When we checked on it however many days later, I swear to all that is holy that the fungus and crap growing in that dish about pushed the lid right off. It was hysterical and gross.

That is awesome that you swabbed your own sputum. How did you get the sample?

Deep coughing, then I cut into the largest gobbet of phlegm with a scalpel to get to the innards of the thing.

Color me impressed that A) you were able to cough something out big enough to be sliced into and 2) figured out how to get a clean sample all while in class! Oh, and with pneumonia! Count me as a fan.

Okay, so I did the first pee test after cleaning my bathrooms and flushing each toilet a couple of times to ensure cleaning chemicals would not interfere with test results. I'll do another test tomorrow morning, since that will be the first pee of the day, just to see if results will vary based on first morning urine vs. anytime urine. You know, for science.

(And I have an Alice-worthy amount of pee sticks, so getting rid of a few of them to satisfy my curiosity is no big deal.)

Test #1: 1:38PM EDT. 337mL of clear, dark yellow urine. (Yes, I peed into a cup first to measure the amount of urine collected and how dilute the sample already was. Wanted to make sure all variables are covered.) Urine added to 1.6 gpf/6.0Lpf toilet bowl containing clean, still water. Pee stick dunked to maximum level for 5 seconds as per test instructions. Control line visible within 30 seconds. No test line visible after the 5 minute wait time specified by the instructions. No test line visible after 2 additional minutes of wait time, in order to eliminate possibility of slow test response to diluted HCG.

Result: Negative pregnancy test.

Love it! Thanks :)

Test #3, 5:38 AM EDT. 694 mL of clear, dark yellow urine from 2 voids. Urine added to clean, still water in toilet bowl, then test strip dunked up to maximum line for the 5 seconds specified by the test instructions. Control line visible within 30 seconds. Test line was a couple shades darker than white by the 5 minute wait time specified by the test instructions. However, the line was so faint the results were inconclusive in the extreme...not something I think would cause most folks to assume it's a positive pregnancy test. In my own experience, this is the sort of result that prompted me to go out and buy one of the digital tests, BECAUSE the initial results were so inconclusive. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable with my Fiance of Awesome announcing to the entire world that I was definitely, 100% no-question-about-it pregnant.

Result: Inconclusive, would require verification by digital testing or blood test.

Although Alice would definitely consider it a positive. :roll:

Who is Alice?

I got a super faint line when I took my first pregnancy test (it was a cheapo test from amazon.com.) I remember you could barely see the line. I asked my husband if he could see it. We were both not quite sure. We certainly didn't cheer or jump for joy based on an almost invisible line. Even the next day we weren't sure. We didn't get excited until the digital test.

But I have known people that go crazy after a faint line. I was on a TTC/mommy forum. People are nuts.

Who is Alice?

I got a super faint line when I took my first pregnancy test (it was a cheapo test from amazon.com.) I remember you could barely see the line. I asked my husband if he could see it. We were both not quite sure. We certainly didn't cheer or jump for joy based on an almost invisible line. Even the next day we weren't sure. We didn't get excited until the digital test.

But I have known people that go crazy after a faint line. I was on a TTC/mommy forum. People are nuts.

google for alice's baby blog and go nuts! there's also a thread for her somewhere around in here...but the craziness really needs to be seen, imo.

I can't read this whole thread, so please forgive me if this has been mentioned but ....

There's some guy named fucktardidiot on Twitter and he said Mr. Ridiculous Famewhore "Viral Miscarriage Guy" had an Ashley Madison account.

Awe, crap, NVM, I see I've been scooped upthread.

Apologies

I have my doubts Neil is privy to the ovulation timing. Well maybe but she probably just busts a move and he goes with it spontaneously.

Except I'm pretty sure they only have parsnips (make parsnips? do parsnips?) when she's ovulating... At least that's what is sounds like when she's obsessively plotting possible conception.

LOL I love this thread and Phoebe, you're a gem! Keep doing what you're doing and congratulations on the pregnancy!

I find it too funny that the guy has been found to have an AM account and got kicked out of a conference all within the one week! Ah what a shame!

google for alice's baby blog and go nuts! there's also a thread for her somewhere around in here...but the craziness really needs to be seen, imo.

Found way too many results when googling that. Boo.