IGNORED

Duggar Property

snickerz

Glad this topic was renewed.

The main Duggar house plans are now all over the Internet because the pundits are showing how the Duggar parents separated the boys' room from the girls' when the TTH was built. Because Josh was a molester, don't you know, although he had a soft heart and repented...

I think there was only a tiny fraction of Duggar nuts before now, but now, I think the girls are at a high risk since their parents have been shown to be both careless and leery of law enforcement.

I worry about an Elizabeth Smart kind of abduction for one of the girls still at home. Those house plans should not be labeled with the rooms, doors, adjoining rooms and staircases ( didn't know there was a back spiral staircase until yesterday) and windows and so forth.

JB is a wealthy man by Arkansas standards and they could easily be targeted like the DC family was recently or the Petit family before them in Connecticut.

I may not like the Duggars at all, but I don't want anyone to suffer and possibly die because of media attention and nutso crazies out there. ( and they ARE out there because our mental health system is so broken it's probably never going to help those who need it most). And possibly due to easy gun access in the US which is also disturbing to me.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad this topic was renewed.

The main Duggar house plans are now all over the Internet because the pundits are showing how the Duggar parents separated the boys' room from the girls' when the TTH was built. Because Josh was a molester, don't you know, although he had a soft heart and repented...

I think there was only a tiny fraction of Duggar nuts before now, but now, I think the girls are at a high risk since their parents have been shown to be both careless and leery of law enforcement.

I worry about an Elizabeth Smart kind of abduction for one of the girls still at home. Those house plans should not be labeled with the rooms, doors, adjoining rooms and staircases ( didn't know there was a back spiral staircase until yesterday) and windows and so forth.

JB is a wealthy man by Arkansas standards and they could easily be targeted like the DC family was recently or the Petit family before them in Connecticut.

I may not like the Duggars at all, but I don't want anyone to suffer and possibly die because of media attention and nutso crazies out there. ( and they ARE out there because our mental health system is so broken it's probably never going to help those who need it most). And possibly due to easy gun access in the US which is also disturbing to me.

When the news first broke there was a clip of a police car sitting and watching the house, presumably to protect them from the crazies. They also have a security system- I'm not sure how good it is but they have the gate and cameras.

They have adults sleeping in all the bedrooms. What are the odds that an intruder would go unnoticed by 5-6 other people? Just curious, what's wealthy by Arkansas standards?

When the news first broke there was a clip of a police car sitting and watching the house, presumably to protect them from the crazies. They also have a security system- I'm not sure how good it is but they have the gate and cameras.

They have adults sleeping in all the bedrooms. What are the odds that an intruder would go unnoticed by 5-6 other people? Just curious, what's wealthy by Arkansas standards?

I'm sure they have guns in their nightstands.

Boob and DQ own the two large properties across the road from the main compound -- a 40+acre lot and a 17+acre lot for a total of about 57 1/2 acres.

ETA: In regard to Josh's house, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the day after closing (Jan. 20) JD, Joseph, Josiah, the twins, and maybe a couple of hired hands were put to work on it to get it ready for J&A. If Josh were going to make a run for office they'd need to establish residency. Maybe just owning the property would be enough to satisfy residency requirements, though. :shrug:

I don't think Josh will be running for any political office now.

Boob and DQ own the two large properties across the road from the main compound -- a 40+acre lot and a 17+acre lot for a total of about 57 1/2 acres.

ETA: In regard to Josh's house, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the day after closing (Jan. 20) JD, Joseph, Josiah, the twins, and maybe a couple of hired hands were put to work on it to get it ready for J&A. If Josh were going to make a run for office they'd need to establish residency. Maybe just owning the property would be enough to satisfy residency requirements, though. :shrug:

Google is your friend.

Let me be clear, how much do you think they're worth and what is different about Arkansas? Do you think there is some club where the Walton family and the Duggars rub elbows because TLC reality money and IBLP speaker fees elevates this family above the rest of the state?

I found a similar house to Josh's in Siloam Springs, but not needing all the work that Josh's needs. 5 bedrooms 2 baths 3,098 sq ft. It sold for 143k. So he got a deal but I'm not sure how much of a deal he got. Fixing it up is going to cost some money so if he does it right and flips it his profit won't be huge either.

The question is what kind of work does the house need? If most of the work can be done by Josh and his siblings/friends, then they only have to pay for the materials, which, if they aren't picky, they can probably get for a good price. Especially if Boob really owns a construction company (they said that Josiah works there).

Let me be clear, how much do you think they're worth and what is different about Arkansas? Do you think there is some club where the Walton family and the Duggars rub elbows because TLC reality money and IBLP speaker fees elevates this family above the rest of the state?

My guess is that if JB has been socking money away, he could have around 5 million dollars. It's a loose guess based on the length of time they've been with TLC combined with the rental properties and speaking fees. Someone close to me has an administrative job in the investment management field--not super knowledgeable, but they know more than the average bear, or me, at least, about how revocable trusts work--and talking it over with my industry friend it seems that JB is getting good financial advice (since we know he has property in a revocable trust, my friend says someone told him to do that and they will have told him to put his cash there too), which means if he has $5MM in trust he can safely assume an annual income income of 5% of that without dipping into the principle, so $250,000 a year. Even if he never works again. So, a good income for anyone in the US, unless you have 25 or 30 mouths to feed.

All figures are speculative, of course.

I know that JD's house has a commercial property attached to it. So probably a really good investment for him. I can say a lot of things about how Michelle and JB choose to raise their family. But one thing I can't even talk about is how JB makes good business investments (of course that is helped or was helped by the income they earned on TLC). However, even before TLC came along it sounds like JB had a few solid business investments... That is the only part of the Duggars I'm envious of, they know how to make money grow... I seem to only know how to make my money disappear.. I need to work on this money growing thing :shifty:

I know that JD's house has a commercial property attached to it. So probably a really good investment for him. I can say a lot of things about how Michelle and JB choose to raise their family. But one thing I can't even talk about is how JB makes good business investments (of course that is helped or was helped by the income they earned on TLC). However, even before TLC came along it sounds like JB had a few solid business investments... That is the only part of the Duggars I'm envious of, they know how to make money grow... I seem to only know how to make my money disappear.. I need to work on this money growing thing :shifty:

Didn't they have help paying for their TTH? I thought I read that TLC and donations, aka "love offerings," paid for most of it (except for the kitchen).

I don't think Josh will be running for any political office now.

Well, no, not now. :) But they didn't know this back in January.

Didn't they have help paying for their TTH? I thought I read that TLC and donations, aka "love offerings," paid for most of it (except for the kitchen).

From my understanding they only had the kitchen completed. The famous 'Alice' poster said TLC wrote them a 200k check for the rest and sent them to Disney.I feel they kind of 'don't tell the whole story' in the "20 and Counting" book which isnt surprising. However, they did acknowledge Clark Wilson and some other 'labor' they got.

Radar online has a slide show of Josh and Anna's new house in Siloam Springs.

http://radaronline.com/photos/josh-anna-duggar-buy-new-house-arkansas/photo/1034557/

Thank you for this. Not too much is shown but it's doesn't appeared to be a dilapidated condemned mess that it's rumored to be.... They could either take it slow and do it a few projects at a time or gut the entire thing and make it look like a showpiece. The previous owners certainly were in pastels! :pink-shock:

Thank you for this. Not too much is shown but it's doesn't appeared to be a dilapidated condemned mess that it's rumored to be.... They could either take it slow and do it a few projects at a time or gut the entire thing and make it look like a showpiece. The previous owners certainly were in pastels! :pink-shock:

I agree. The house doesn't look bad at all to me. You have to lay new floors and paint the walls, but that is something almost anyone, who is physically healthy, can do without professional help.

Unless of course, the house has some damages you can't see from the outside and needs an extensive renovation. But otherwise, for that price, it looks like a very good deal to me.

Since Josh's "counseling" involved helping to remodel a family friend's house, he should have no problem fixing up his fixer-upper. :lol: He's an old hand at this.

Is the square footage listed? You can say something has 5 bedrooms, but the real telling part is square footage. I've seen 2000 square foot houses listed with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths plus kitchen, dining room and great room. That most likely means the bedrooms are hardly big enough to change your mind in much less change your clothes.

Property taxes are super cheap in Arkansas. They do have state income tax so that makes up the difference.

Also, about all the freebies and JB & Michelle received for the TTH- just because they are 5 star grifters doesn't mean they didn't have property or even money in the bank. I have known many fundies who all always talking about debt free living and have their hose paid for but then dress their kids like orphans and always hint around for free meals, trips, clothes, etc. I think part of it was for show too. JB knew that people are more likely to reach deep in those pockets for love offerings, etc. if they see 15 kids in hand-me-downs than in clothes from the mall.

It didn't take much to find the property listing online. It's 2985 square feet which is nice size. It also lists their address in Maryland under the ownership information, and when you Google that address, a listing for Duggar Automotive comes up. Also one for Champion Motor Cars. Was Joshie hawking cars on the side? Or claiming the house as a business location for tax purposes?

And the Maryland house was listed on Zillow on 6/6/15 for rental -- $2650/month. Joshie must have been making serious money at FRC to afford that kind of rent.

It didn't take much to find the property listing online. It's 2985 square feet which is nice size. It also lists their address in Maryland under the ownership information, and when you Google that address, a listing for Duggar Automotive comes up. Also one for Champion Motor Cars. Was Joshie hawking cars on the side? Or claiming the house as a business location for tax purposes?

Per Josh's Linked In - he was President or whatever of Champion Motors - which translate to one or both of Josh's pre-move car lots.

Archived