IGNORED

Duggar most likely to pull a Lizzie Borden

zadie

Group Effort From Jana, Joy, Josiah and Jenny.

Jenny Causes a distraction, Josiah goes to comfort her and While that is going on

Jana gets the getaway car ready while Joy does the deed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know she was found not guilty, but I still think she did it lol.

Maybe it'll be grandma!!! All that time spent alone in the laundry room....no one will notice if she's missing for a little bit.

I think the reason Lizzie was found not guilty because the all-male jury assumed that a well-bred middle-class white New England spinster couldn't possibly commit murder. Convicting Borden would mean having to rethink all of their assumptions about women and crime, and I don't think the jury was capable of that (I'm not sure if she was guilty or not; there seems to have been a lot of mistakes in the investigation).

Going back on topic, I've always assumed that James and Jackson would be the Duggars most likely to struggle as adults, since I doubt that JB will be giving away businesses and houses by the time they're ready to court. I don't see them killing anyone, but I can imagine them getting involved with petty crime and possibly doing a Dana Plato move of robbing a store as a cry for help. As others have said, I think Jennifer will be the one to write a tell-all book. Hopefully, she'll have Josie's help. For some reason, I think Josie has some good dirt on JB and Michelle. I can envision Josiah getting involved in an argument with JB that might end in someone's death, sort of like what happened with Marvin Gaye and his father.

I think Jenny is taking secret notes for the Mommy Dearest book. Which will be a best seller along with the Mady Gosselin tell all about Kate.

OMG I'm already fantasy casting. Mostly because Mommie Dearest is a classic in my house and my mom and I try to watch it together every Mother's Day (with the Jon Waters DVD commentary, of course).

I'm thinking Amy Adams as Michelle, Jack McBrayer as Jim Bob, Jennifer Lawrence as Jana, Emma Watson as Jill, Adam Driver as Derick, Elle Fanning as Older Jenni, Chris Pratt if he'll gain his old weight back as Josh, Megan Fox as Jessa, and Stifler from American Pie as Ben.

Oh man I made it sad. I thought about how Jenni would probably be easy to manipulate into being your alibi if you promised her endless attention. :(

OMG I'm already fantasy casting. Mostly because Mommie Dearest is a classic in my house and my mom and I try to watch it together every Mother's Day (with the Jon Waters DVD commentary, of course).

I'm thinking Amy Adams as Michelle, Jack McBrayer as Jim Bob, Jennifer Lawrence as Jana, Emma Watson as Jill, Adam Driver as Derick, Elle Fanning as Older Jenni, Chris Pratt if he'll gain his old weight back as Josh, Megan Fox as Jessa, and Stifler from American Pie as Ben.

HAHAHAHA STIFLER AS BEN HAHAHA

Definitely Josiah. He has spent so much time at Alert trying to beat the individuality out of him which proves it was no easy task. You can only beat someone down so far before they snap.

My husband is related to Lizzie Borden. Our kids think it's so cool and gives them bragging rights so we are not about to believe she really was innocent! :lol:

YES to Jennifer Lawrence playing Jana and Stifler for Ben :clap:

I think Chris Pratt playing Josh is too kind....Chris Pratt oozes so much sex appeal even with extra weight lol :dance:

Don't know who Lizzie Borden is. Not going to predict a child kill anyone.

I've been wondering about Josiah though ... I'm beginning to think JB sees him as a threat/competition and hence the long spells at Pretend-Army.

JB likes to think he is the coolest and the funniest person around. Most little kids think their Dad is cool and/or funny so for a long time now, his ideas about himself have been reinforced by his children. Now his children are mostly adults and teens, they don't look at him the same way. This is normal for us but not for JB. Josiah, on the other hand, is genuinely cool and funny. It's not just that the other kids say this, you can see it in the way they treat him. He is popular with all his siblings and I think, with others like the Bates too. He is that guy that everyone wants to be friends - not that you crush on, you just want to be near them. When Josiah was little, JB could treat Josiah as an extension of himself "My little son taking after Dad. Aren't I a brilliant Dad?" Now he is older he is competition, drawing attention away from JB. Basically, I think JB is jealous.

Obviously we only see a small part of their lives and I could be wildly wrong but it's just a thought.

I've been wondering about Josiah though ... I'm beginning to think JB sees him as a threat/competition and hence the long spells at Pretend-Army.

JB likes to think he is the coolest and the funniest person around. Most little kids think their Dad is cool and/or funny so for a long time now, his ideas about himself have been reinforced by his children. Now his children are mostly adults and teens, they don't look at him the same way. This is normal for us but not for JB. Josiah, on the other hand, is genuinely cool and funny. It's not just that the other kids say this, you can see it in the way they treat him. He is popular with all his siblings and I think, with others like the Bates too. He is that guy that everyone wants to be friends - not that you crush on, you just want to be near them. When Josiah was little, JB could treat Josiah as an extension of himself "My little son taking after Dad. Aren't I a brilliant Dad?" Now he is older he is competition, drawing attention away from JB. Basically, I think JB is jealous.

Obviously we only see a small part of their lives and I could be wildly wrong but it's just a thought.

Let's not forget Josiah's 'crime' of cooking. Yes, it may be turkey bacon but JB likely frowns on his sons doing women's work outside of a boy jurisdiction.

Lizzie Borden was an unmarried late 20's or early 30's white woman who lived in Falls River, MA with her father and step-mother during the 1800's. She became infamous after her father and step-mother were found murdered in August of 1892 - the weapon used was an axe. Lizzie fell under suspicion due to her odd and contradictory statements to Police, as well as the testimony of the family's maid. The investigators also did a rather shoddy job at searching her bedroom for bloody clothing - a few days later, Lizzie was found to have burned a dress because she had gotten fresh paint on it (they weren't able to prove it was bloody, but it looked really suspicious). She was acquitted of murder.

It's a popular story in New England, even today. Lots of kids (myself included) grow up learning the rhyme I altered earlier -

Lizzie Borden got an axe

She gave her mother forty whacks

When she saw what she had done

She gave her father forty-one

(Side note: I know its a seriously messed up rhyme - no one knows who first came up with it, kind of like "Ring Around the Rosy")

Miggy,

(I'll go ahead and post this even though VelociRapture has posted much the same thing.)

Lizzie was an American spinster who was accused, tried and acquitted of the axe murders of father and stepmother in August of 1892 in Fall River, Massachusetts. I believe that most authorities on the case now believe that she was, indeed, not guilty of the crime. The perpetrator was never caught.

However, she does go down in legend as the subject of this schoolyard ditty:

"Lizzie Borden took an axe

and gave her mother forty whacks.

When she saw what she had done,

she gave her father forty-one."

The character/legend of Lizzie was the inspiration for the character of Harriet Stanley in The Man Who Came to Dinner.

FWIW, I think it's a bit macabre to speculate on which Duggar child will snap and murder the parents.

Lizzie Borden must have axed her parents to death; there is no other rational explanation given the facts as we know them. However, since that August day in 1892, no one has been able to figure out how she did it without ending up covered in blood and gore and no murder weapon was ever found. She was found not guilty by 12 good Fall River men who no doubt could not believe a daughter would commit such a crime against her parents (technically, Abbey Borden was her stepmother).

The theory is that Lizzie was deeply bitter over the fact that her extremely wealthy father forced them to live a very lower middle class life in a shabby section of town. Aside from church work, young ladies of her station would never work outside the home. She had little to do during her days and no balls or parties to attend at night, and no suitors to take her even if there were. The furnishings in the house were Civil War era, there was no running water and her father wouldn't hook up to town gas for lighting.

A 32 year old spinster with little hope for her future. One very hot day she simply snapped. And because the cops probably didn't suspect her and never would go through a lady's personal items even if they did, she managed to pull off a perfect crime.

She inherited half of her father's money, moved to a very nice house in a fashionable section of the city and lived out her days surrounded by pretty things but almost entirely shunned by the community.

Lizzie Borden must have axed her parents to death; there is no other rational explanation given the facts as we know them. However, since that August day in 1892, no one has been able to figure out how she did it without ending up covered in blood and gore and no murder weapon was ever found. She was found not guilty by 12 good Fall River men who no doubt could not believe a daughter would commit such a crime against her parents (technically, Abbey Borden was her stepmother).

The theory is that Lizzie was deeply bitter over the fact that her extremely wealthy father forced them to live a very lower middle class life in a shabby section of town. Aside from church work, young ladies of her station would never work outside the home. She had little to do during her days and no balls or parties to attend at night, and no suitors to take her even if there were. The furnishings in the house were Civil War era, there was no running water and her father wouldn't hook up to town gas for lighting.

A 32 year old spinster with little hope for her future. One very hot day she simply snapped. And because the cops probably didn't suspect her and never would go through a lady's personal items even if they did, she managed to pull off a perfect crime.

She inherited half of her father's money, moved to a very nice house in a fashionable section of the city and lived out her days surrounded by pretty things but almost entirely shunned by the community.

Reminds me of Sarah Maxwell. Only I hope she doesn't snap and kill Steve, because although jail is less restrictive than her current life, it will never give her the freedom she deserves.

Miggy,

(I'll go ahead and post this even though VelociRapture has posted much the same thing.)

Lizzie was an American spinster who was accused, tried and acquitted of the axe murders of father and stepmother in August of 1892 in Fall River, Massachusetts. I believe that most authorities on the case now believe that she was, indeed, not guilty of the crime. The perpetrator was never caught.

However, she does go down in legend as the subject of this schoolyard ditty:

"Lizzie Borden took an axe

and gave her mother forty whacks.

When she saw what she had done,

she gave her father forty-one."

The character/legend of Lizzie was the inspiration for the character of Harriet Stanley in The Man Who Came to Dinner.

FWIW, I think it's a bit macabre to speculate on which Duggar child will snap and murder the parents.

It might be a bit macabre, but this is all hypothetical and clearly a joke. I don't believe anyone is about to murder their parents. But it's fun to put them in a scenario and think about how their personalities will react.

James.

There is just something, and I don't like saying this about a child, that doesn't sit right with me.

I see him as a bright, ADHD kid who has recognized the BS going on around him and is tired of playing the game. I hope he can spend lots of time with Jill and Derick (and Baby Dilly...eventually...someday), because he seems happier there. My guess is that he'll either end up full-tilt fundie or will reject it completely.

I don't like the speculating either, because I DO think that a lot of the kids are probably under immense psychological stress, and thinking about that - well, it's too sad for me to joke about.

I do, however, like the idea of "who would play them in a movie", though I think Joshie will be a challenge. He always looks vaguely depressed. Chris Pratt is too cute and charming to play Josh. I'm drawing a blank about white, balding, vaguely sad-looking actors.

Also, to play Michelle... not Amy Adams. Too cute and too young looking. I say... Pam Anderson. HEAR ME OUT, GUYS. With her hair dyed brown, and her deep spray tan, and with a little less makeup, and in a boxy dress shirt, she'd look a lot more "Michelle-ish" and she has that ridiculous breathy-baby voice down pat.

I don't think Jana will snap, if she did I think she would have snapped during Jill and Jessa's wedding preparations. Jill had her doing and making everything and she just seemed so sad and lost to me. James to me just seems like a little old man in child's body, he has seen too much. Maybe him and Jenni will plot together. I think they could pull it off!

It'll be Justin.

He'll get fed up with always being the forgotten Duggar and just snap.

I don't like the speculating either, because I DO think that a lot of the kids are probably under immense psychological stress, and thinking about that - well, it's too sad for me to joke about.

I do, however, like the idea of "who would play them in a movie", though I think Joshie will be a challenge. He always looks vaguely depressed. Chris Pratt is too cute and charming to play Josh. I'm drawing a blank about white, balding, vaguely sad-looking actors.

Also, to play Michelle... not Amy Adams. Too cute and too young looking. I say... Pam Anderson. HEAR ME OUT, GUYS. With her hair dyed brown, and her deep spray tan, and with a little less makeup, and in a boxy dress shirt, she'd look a lot more "Michelle-ish" and she has that ridiculous breathy-baby voice down pat.

OH MY GOD I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT

See, I went with Amy Adams because she and Julianne Moore are both really good at playing Seemingly Perfect Woman With Dark Secrets. Which is so Michelle. And she can un-cute-ify herself. Instant Oscar gold if she does, I might add.

And if Chris Pratt is too charming, maybe Kevin James as Josh? And Ellie Kemper as Anna.

And I just thought of this: Maisie Williams (Arya from Game of Thrones) as Johannah.

Jana, definitely.

Actually, though not a Duggar, I see Sarah Maxwell snapping. At least Jana gets to slap on some Wholesome Wear and go swimming or o out with her sisters for Starbucks on occasion...

I agree, Sarah is going to struggle to keep herself brainwashed. In the videos they recently did her voice got very tender talking about the characters in her novels. That's her vicarious family.

If Steve keeps up with the too-frequent fasting or requires other strange devotional behavior that is unhealthy, i think Sarah would be the first to have a breakdown. But it wouldn't be violent. It would be a sad, religious breakdown. Her mind would just snap and she would start believing odd things like true Christians never have to sleep or eat, things like that, since obviously Steve's been harping about denial as a path to holiness.

It's terrible what fundie beliefs do to women who otherwise would have had a fulfilling life. It's terrible that Jana isn't allowed to be a full-fledged "adult" in her world without the leading of a husband.

Archived