IGNORED

Duggar most likely to pull a Lizzie Borden

zadie

I agree, Sarah is going to struggle to keep herself brainwashed. In the videos they recently did her voice got very tender talking about the characters in her novels. That's her vicarious family.

If Steve keeps up with the too-frequent fasting or requires other strange devotional behavior that is unhealthy, i think Sarah would be the first to have a breakdown. But it wouldn't be violent. It would be a sad, religious breakdown. Her mind would just snap and she would start believing odd things like true Christians never have to sleep or eat, things like that, since obviously Steve's been harping about denial as a path to holiness.

It's terrible what fundie beliefs do to women who otherwise would have had a fulfilling life. It's terrible that Jana isn't allowed to be a full-fledged "adult" in her world without the leading of a husband.

THIS. I'm a few months younger than Jill (23), and it's surreal to me how different my life as a 23-year-old is from Jana and Jill's lives. I've graduated from college, lived on my own in a foreign country, held down two jobs, gotten accepted into a Master's program, and lead a pretty active social life with lots of friends of varying backgrounds. That doesn't have to be the life of every young woman in her 20s, but I'm an adult and can make my own choices. The fact that Jana is still considered a "child" because she's unmarried and Jill was the same until she got married makes me sad. Adulthood comes with independence, which neither of these girls are/were allowed to have. While I think Jill will be a great mom (she's been a mother since she was 6, after all), I still see this very teenage mindset that I let go of once I learned to live on my own and do stuff by myself.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like the speculating either, because I DO think that a lot of the kids are probably under immense psychological stress, and thinking about that - well, it's too sad for me to joke about.

I do, however, like the idea of "who would play them in a movie", though I think Joshie will be a challenge. He always looks vaguely depressed. Chris Pratt is too cute and charming to play Josh. I'm drawing a blank about white, balding, vaguely sad-looking actors.

Also, to play Michelle... not Amy Adams. Too cute and too young looking. I say... Pam Anderson. HEAR ME OUT, GUYS. With her hair dyed brown, and her deep spray tan, and with a little less makeup, and in a boxy dress shirt, she'd look a lot more "Michelle-ish" and she has that ridiculous breathy-baby voice down pat.

Along those lines, I can imagine Jennifer Coolidge making a good Michelle.

Along those lines, I can imagine Jennifer Coolidge making a good Michelle.

For some reason I'm just imagining Jennifer Coolidge playing Michelle like her character in Best In Show. "We both like soup...we both like talking and not talking..." She would absolutely kill it as Michelle.

Melissa Gilbert as Michelle.

Emma Watson as Jill... or Jessa?

Steve Martin as Jim Bob.

Steve Martin - yes he could do dorky humor,

no he couldn't do Jim Bob's charmless personality. :lol: JB's almost reptilian in his politician veneer, imo. No undo offense meant, he just seems cold and calculating even with his face arranged in a grin. It doesn't reach his eyes. I think he damaged his soul by selling his children's privacy.

Jim Bob in a three amigos hat though, that would be fun to see. :wicked laugh:

[bBvideo 560,340:21c6gqe7]

[/bBvideo]

I think if anyone of the Duggar's were going to snap... it would be Michelle. She looks drugged most of the time. She isn't engaged with her children. For years we have watched her sail through rooms seemingly oblivious to the chaos going on around her. Whenever she and Jim Bob were recorded or photographed leading their quiver in public Michelle NEVER looked back to make sure everyone was there, no stragglers. That was the job of the sister-mom's. Although her womb has closed up shop her eyes light up every time she mentions grandbabies. Not grandchildren, grand BABIES. The woman is still collecting babies and comes across as fragile, disconnected and in her own world. :cray-cray:

• 2 weeks later...

If JB wouldn't have allowed Jessa/Ben to marry I think that Jessa would've been the Lizzie Borden in the house.

Josh Brolin opposite Pammy Anderson...his George W character in W would work okay for Jim-Bob.

Archived