IGNORED

Anna Duggar - Merge

bunnybunz

I agree that mega families are impossible for any 2 parents to handle without help. On the flip side, the single, adult women do as they are told. JB/Gothard says you help Anna, you help Anna. And of course, it's Jana and Jason because 2 girls needed to be left behind to do all the work in Duugarville South.

I sometimes wonder if Michelle is jealous of her married children and all that they have be initially given? Homes, businesses, help with childcare, cars...it seems in the beginning, JB and M had to figure all that out that for themselves-

How come MICHELLE and JB are never part of the going to help brigade?

Well because the queen bee presides over the hive and sends her worker bees out to do the work. Michelle has no desire to do anything that involves work in child care unless it's for the camera. She checked out when the entire last half of her own kids were born, why would she want to start caring for her grand kids?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't begrudge Josh and Anna if they hired a nanny.

Hired.

As in, someone they pay ACTUAL TANGIBLE MONEY to.

Not their sister/sister-in-law who has NO CHOICE but to be forced to work for them for free (I'll give them room and board for when she stays with them in DC, but she should still be earning some extra money for all that time). If anyone here actually believes Jana could, at any point, say "fuck you Josh and Anna, if you want my help babysitting your kids, $15/hour, pay up!", you're delusional.

TLC also needs to stop being lying liars who lie about Josh and Anna having no help with their kiddos by slyly editing around Jana and Jason's existences. ESPECIALLY when there's photographic evidence that they're doing so!

I am really starting to dislike Anna. Girl cannot even handle the 3 kids she has and she already has to have unpaid help, yet she keeps popping out baby after baby like it's nothing. I hope that with Jill and soon Jessa being new baby makers that Anna loses her help from the Duggars. 3 kids is nothing to sneeze at, but it is a reasonable number for 1 person, Anna should have 3 kids under control. What's she going to do if/when she reaches double digits? Despite everyone thinking she is so hands on and such a great mom, I doubt it, I bet she's going to have a buddy system set up ASAP.

I really hate how Jana is farmed out to whoever needs help when she should be off living her own life. Doubt she'll ever see a dime that she can freely spend despite all the years she's been on the show.

She seems very happy, but I would think it would be very difficult for her to have four young children and no help. She looks pretty relaxed, so I'm guessing she has some kind of household help that is never mentioned.

Imagine if Josh and Anna were like JimChelle. No tv show, no money, no headstart. Living in a three bedroom with ten kids begging for food from church. Anna probably would be overwhelmed with no J Slaves to help, a husband trying to provide and Anna struggling to handle 6 / 7 kids under 10. I'm sure Anna and her family are happy she's married to Josh. Anna's parents knows what it's like to struggle. And since Anna is what 5/8 she had a completely different experience with fundamentalism than Josh

Yeah, I can definitely see that Jana's attention has (probably) been moved from the Duggar Compound to Josh & Anna's. And if she doesn't want to be included in most of the footage, that's her choice -- maybe the only significant choice she's made that has been respected. I'm okay with that -- but not editing so it looks like Anna is completely on her own.

And, goodness, Jana is teeny.

I think the Duggars wouldn't want Jana in the footage because it takes away from the whole we are making it on our own in the big bad city. Think of those episodes where Anna navigates the subway for the first time blah blah blah. Maybe Josh will find her a husband out there. Maybe it's worth because she gets her own room for the first time in her 25 years.

The children that help their siblings should be given credit on show. However, it is not always a slave situation from which help comes. I was very happy to help my family members with raising their children. We help each other out because we are family and that's what families do. My parents both had 12 siblings in their families and the older children helped with the younger ones. Helping each other in a family is wonderful. However, the Duggar's not allowing their children especially the girls to recieve post secondary education is wrong. The family has the money to give all their children continued education. If a Duggar kid wants to seek education outside of home schooling it should be fostered. Labeling anyone stupid does not sit well with me. Ever person has abilities and every person can learn.

The children that help their siblings should be given credit on show. However, it is not always a slave situation from which help comes. I was very happy to help my family members with raising their children. We help each other out because we are family and that's what families do. My parents both had 12 siblings in their families and the older children helped with the younger ones. Helping each other in a family is wonderful. However, the Duggar's not allowing their children especially the girls to recieve post secondary education is wrong. The family has the money to give all their children continued education. If a Duggar kid wants to seek education outside of home schooling it should be fostered. Labeling anyone stupid does not sit well with me. Ever person has abilities and every person can learn.

THIS. I'm happy to see family members helping Anna, and I'm guessing that it is not unpleasant for them to get out of TTH to do so. The fact that their presence is sometimes hidden from the cameras shows, IMO, the point where 19Kids stops being a reality show and starts being a Ministry.

She seems very happy, but I would think it would be very difficult for her to have four young children and no help. She looks pretty relaxed, so I'm guessing she has some kind of household help that is never mentioned.

Agree!

FOUND THE PICTURES.

First picture, Jason is carrying what appears to be his violin, or at least the case, and a backpack, which would be more than large enough for one days worth of traveling clothing/toothbrush/etc. for him. Not sure why he brought the violin along though. Marcus is being carried by his aunt-mom Jana who is also carrying a rather large bag which would hold a days worth of travel gear for Jana.

Second picture, fan got a photo with everyone...except for Marcus. Who the fuck is watching him, I don't know. It's possible they had YET ANOTHER unseen helper.

Anyway, TO ME it definitely looks like that airport is quite a bit larger than the local one they fly in and out of near their homestead (Springdale?). I guess I was wrong in that there's no identifier of what airport that is in these pics exactly but I swear I read something about them being in or around the Washington DC area. If someone recognizes the airport do tell!

These pictures were found/uploaded by Pickles on October 18th (AND I STOLE THEM NEENER NEENER PICKLES :nenner: ) so they were probably taken on the 16th/17th or maybe even the 18th earlier in the day, when Anna and Mkids flew in for the wedding. They did indeed come about two weeks early and then went around with the famdamily on another Germbus tour of Hatred, something I'm sure will not be shown on 19K&C at all. The show was probably edited to imply that Anna and the Ms flew in a day or two before Jessa's wedding.

BUT I think the images should be proof enough - she flew in nearly two weeks before, no biggie, but CLEARLY HAD HELP.

Yeah, I really don't know wtf they're going to do with four. They're going to have to even upgrade their vehicles because how the fuck can you fit FOUR car seats (well, three plus a booster BUT THOSE THINGS TAKE UP A LOT OF ROOM TOO) in one normal sized vehicle? Even a minivan??

I love that you a)found out all this and b) shared it

AMAZING things you learn

:cracking-up: :cracking-up:

props to you !

So the answer is NO Anna will never have a nervous breakdown - because she will HAVE HELP ENDLESSLY - she will now be called Anna Michelle - she has become her mother in law

with Jana giving up her life and all the Howlers helping

I can't believe how they edited the show WOW

I love that the leghumpers are making them take visual proof for our GOAL

Do we actually know that Jana (or Jinger or Joy) spend that much time in DC just to help Anna? This is one of those FJ speculations I really don't understand. Other than when it's depicted on the show and the few instagram/etc. pictures, which seem to be vacation pictures anyway, I don't get the sense that Anna gets free labor from her sisters-in-law most of the time. Anna is in my top 3 for most loathed Duggar but I really don't believe that she's having such a hard time with her children that she's demanding help; I also see no reason to believe that Jana is being forced to give up her life to raise her siblings' children.

Do we actually know that Jana (or Jinger or Joy) spend that much time in DC just to help Anna? This is one of those FJ speculations I really don't understand. Other than when it's depicted on the show and the few instagram/etc. pictures, which seem to be vacation pictures anyway, I don't get the sense that Anna gets free labor from her sisters-in-law most of the time. Anna is in my top 3 for most loathed Duggar but I really don't believe that she's having such a hard time with her children that she's demanding help; I also see no reason to believe that Jana is being forced to give up her life to raise her siblings' children.

Honestly, I tend to assume that Jana's busy avoiding the cameras when they're filming -- as much as she's "allowed" based on contracts and such (they may have to be present so many days for any given filming season, give so many talking heads, etc, to be "paid" -- however that happens).

Whether that's going to Josh & Anna's during a few filming days or hiding out in the prayer closet...

I agree with the factoid that Anna has a lot of help with the kiddos and the housework. Whether a Duggar aunty mom tending to her niece and nephews or an uncle father helping with manly household duties, lawn work, toting luggage etc. Or just a fundie friend providing free or undercompensated labor. Assistance is provided for her.

I believe Anna must feel a bit out of place with her DC peers. Most DC people are well educated. Even the Moms that choose to stay at home with their kids have bachelors if not masters degrees and are all well spoken and well read. Most met their Husbands while attending a liberal college.

Josh is the one at risk for a melt down. He led a very, very sheltered life and now is an uneducated man living in DC.

My guess is that in DC he has encountered Christians and some of his female co-workers at the hate group he works for that challenge his Gothard beliefs.

Most of his co-workers are probably Masters Level prepared, even if their education is from a conservative uni/ college, still more than what Josh has.

He is also exposed, face to face, with people he grew up with viewing as evil. Easy to spout off hate when you can't put a face and a name to what you are hating. Easy to spout hate when you preach to the leg humpers.

I have several family members that live in DC. Some are moderately conservative and the crowd they run with think the Duggars are bat-shit crazy.

RE the airport pics. That looks like Charlotte. I've flown through there a couple of times, although it has been a while. I seem to recall a large-ish food court area between terminals and the first photo of Jason & Jana reminds me of it.

And the second photo might be the terminal in the Charlotte airport where the small planes fly in/out of. And it would be a small jet (definitely appeared to be one from the aired footage of Anna and the Ms on the plane) flying into NW Arkansas.

I agree with the factoid that Anna has a lot of help with the kiddos and the housework. Whether a Duggar aunty mom tending to her niece and nephews or an uncle father helping with manly household duties, lawn work, toting luggage etc. Or just a fundie friend providing free or undercompensated labor. Assistance is provided for her.

I believe Anna must feel a bit out of place with her DC peers. Most DC people are well educated. Even the Moms that choose to stay at home with their kids have bachelors if not masters degrees and are all well spoken and well read. Most met their Husbands while attending a liberal college.

Josh is the one at risk for a melt down. He led a very, very sheltered life and now is an uneducated man living in DC.

My guess is that in DC he has encountered Christians and some of his female co-workers at the hate group he works for that challenge his Gothard beliefs.

Most of his co-workers are probably Masters Level prepared, even if their education is from a conservative uni/ college, still more than what Josh has.

He is also exposed, face to face, with people he grew up with viewing as evil. Easy to spout off hate when you can't put a face and a name to what you are hating. Easy to spout hate when you preach to the leg humpers.

I have to agree with you when it comes to Josh and Anna and living in DC. They really r out of their elements!! I agree that Josh maybe on the way to a meltdown, I'm sure some people where he works are pissed that he is their.

I have to agree with you when it comes to Josh and Anna and living in DC. They really r out of their elements!! I agree that Josh maybe on the way to a meltdown, I'm sure some people where he works are pissed that he is their.

I have wondered about that, how Josh gets along with the people at his workplace, if they resent Josh.

The FRC about us page lists Tony Perkins as President and Josh as Executive Director. That's it.

Josh and Anna see completely fine to me. Yeah they look tired sometimes and yeah they look stressed out sometimes but having any amount of kids and life in general will do that to you.I just don't see any tangible signs of a break down. This all seems like Speculation to me.

Josh and Anna see completely fine to me. Yeah they look tired sometimes and yeah they look stressed out sometimes but having any amount of kids and life in general will do that to you.I just don't see any tangible signs of a break down. This all seems like Speculation to me.

Yeah, and even if her sisters-in-law aren't there all the time now, if she started feeling overwhelmed, I'm sure that they could be called upon. I think, for all her faults, Michelle would understand and send her some help.

Speaking of the AuntMoms helping out, yesterday morning watching a repeat before I went to work, the episode was the one where they had returned from helping Smuggar and family settle in to their DC house. JB had the wild idea to start a farm but first they went off to visit a local farm. While the family was doing its wacky Duggars on a farm hijinks (which included girls in flip flops). Missing from the trip were both Jana and Jill.

Until reading this thread/board I would have said oh they were probably off doing midwife/doula studies. Now I'm suspecting based on timing that the AuntMoms were left behind to help Anna unpack and deal with the kids. With two left behind they could then safely travel as buddies back to Arkansas later.

Like I have said, I do not wander into the religious posts, know much about what Josh actually does for a living or read any of their religious or anti-choice rants, and that being said, I much prefer Josh and his family over Duggarville. They both seem so sweet with their kids and each other. Since we did not know JB and M in their early years of parenting, maybe they were kind, loving, interested and engaged in the beginning too, much like DC Duggars are currently???

I totally disagree with continuing to have children in the numbers where you (the parents) can no longer safely or adequately provide for and meet needs, and with each additional child appear more and more disconnected from all the kids. MICHELLE needs help. She checked out years ago. I sense she abdicated her role of mom to Jana and Jill and became nothing more than JB's love vessel and the vehicle for birthing Gothard's Army. Other than occasionally taking to the media to spew ridiculous, inane drivel, what does she actually do now? Maybe she should make parenting her new hobby? There are still more than a half dozen little kids that need parenting.

What I am having an issue with is that yes she checked out of parenting while she was having babies. It's a shitty excuse but at least there was one but now she's checked out and it's not like she's doing anything else

I'd say Valium.

This is probably true. They aren't allowed to drink but if it's prescribed by a doc they're all for it.

Not so fun fact: The state of Utah has the highest rate of antidepressants and sedatives in the country, for the same reason.

I feel for Anna as I do with all fundie children. They are indoctrinated by their parents into the fundie life. They're taught not to question authority and this is never good were there is power imbalance. We all no that the odds are one of the children is most likely gay and will never be able to live truthfully.

Archived