IGNORED

Anna Duggar - Merge

bunnybunz

I know that she's thoroughly indoctrinated and a seemingly nice person, but she's in DC, not in her family bubble, she's surrounded by people that are not only way smarter than Jim Boob, but living lifestyles that are so foreign to her. I'm not trying to be mean, but she's a very stupid girl and I can tell just by following her Twitter that she is in way over her head and has no idea what is going on around her. She's only 26 and is about to have her 4th child, she's a stay at home mother, she home-schools, her husband's a douche, that is A LOT to have on your plate when you're an uneducated 26 yr old. I just see her becoming very unhinged soon. Am I imagining things?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, idk about it happening soon but I do think at some point some kind of "laundry room breakdown" is inevitable.

If they get to the point of having six or more kids, if Josh loses his job at FRC, if Anna gets into a position of money being very tight and living with a lot of people in a small space - a lot of people for whom you are directly responsible for every aspect of their life.

While TLC films them? Doubt she'll break down.

Even if she did have a mini meltdown while they were filming, I'm sure Jim Bob has made sure TLC would never air anything like that. But I mean her really having an actual mental break down. She's under a lot of stress and has to pretend everything's so wonderful all the time. It isn't healthy.

That is what always gets me. How they are NOT ALLOWED to complain about anything. She has 1 or 2 kids in diapers, she has morning sickness and all she does is parrot stupid Michelle, like "it is all good because good things are happening". No you idiot, morning sickness SUCKS all kinds of sweaty donkeyballs. Unless you get your kicks out of vomiting all the time at any kind of smell, noise or seeing moving objects, it sucks, it is all kinds of horrible, it is crippling, and I only had 2 weeks of it before I got rid of the problem. I couldn't move. What's so good about it? You could be pregnant and growing your umpteenth freaking kid without it but in 2015, sixty years after the moonlanding, they still don't have anything to block that crap that makes you unable to get out of the bed, and you puke round the clock for no rhyme or reason. And there she is, all crazy eyed and she excuses herself for daring to complain about vomiting constantly like a "horse at a wedding" as we say it.

She always has to make a happy face about everything. She might have help around the house, but her youth has been stolen from her. She made a promise to "God" to not marry until she is 20, to avoid having to be a broodmare as a teen. Guess what happens on her 20th birthday: they eat out at a common eatery, she is being treated to ribs on her birthday, and between guzzling down 2 ribs, she gets a cluster of cheap balloons from the biggest douchebag in the universe and gets engaged in the most unromantic manner.

4 months into their marriage she is relieved to find out that she is pregnant, so that all the pressure that she had received from the duggar women will be out of her hair.

She squeezed out 3 kids on television, and she has about 20 more fertile years left. That's a crapload of kids, to be honest, but she had to start churning them out at 20 since she was not allowed to go on birth control pills and be a newlywed for a while. She never got to enjoy a long courtship with a lot of dates, childless activities, and she will never, ever ever have a free couple of years of piece and quiet just for herself and her husband. She already cooks canned and frozen meals. She plans to homeschool. Starting to become a breeder since age 20 eats up her life.

If she gets a nervous breakdown, I say whatever. It totally is bound to happen.

Another potential time she is vulnerable to a breakdown is if they move back to ol Tontitown. As insulated as she is in DC bc she homeschools etc, she doesn't have J'chelle in her business. Yes I reckon that JB and JC do it as much as they can from a distance, but that's not quite the same as having them close by. I'm guessing once this FRC job is over, he will be heading back to Arkansas to run for local office.

I wonder if any of the Gothardite cult members has ever questioned why they must procreate more soldiers for Gothard, yet Gothard has not procreated any of his own soldiers?

I know that she's thoroughly indoctrinated and a seemingly nice person, but she's in DC, not in her family bubble, she's surrounded by people that are not only way smarter than Jim Boob, but living lifestyles that are so foreign to her. I'm not trying to be mean, but she's a very stupid girl and I can tell just by following her Twitter that she is in way over her head and has no idea what is going on around her. She's only 26 and is about to have her 4th child, she's a stay at home mother, she home-schools, her husband's a douche, that is A LOT to have on your plate when you're an uneducated 26 yr old. I just see her becoming very unhinged soon. Am I imagining things?

Nah, I think Josh is going to break before she does. Anna strikes me as the one enjoying all of the attention and money that comes with the Duggar pony show. She grew up dirt poor and probably counts her lucky stars that she married into the Duggar family. She won't ever have a breakdown in the laundry room because her in laws will just send one of Josh's sisters to help her out again. We've already seen Jana and Jinger helping her out, there are plenty more down the line. I just wonder if she sees how miserable her husband looks and how badly he's already aged and wonders what's up?

Nah, I think Josh is going to break before she does. Anna strikes me as the one enjoying all of the attention and money that comes with the Duggar pony show. She grew up dirt poor and probably counts her lucky stars that she married into the Duggar family. She won't ever have a breakdown in the laundry room because her in laws will just send one of Josh's sisters to help her out again. We've already seen Jana and Jinger helping her out, there are plenty more down the line. I just wonder if she sees how miserable her husband looks and how badly he's already aged and wonders what's up?

If that health care workup episode was factual, if I were either Michelle or Anna I would be afraid for my hub's health. If something happens to either of those men, are those women equipped to meet the needs of all those children? I wonder if JB and Josh [i really doubt it for Josh] have sufficient life insurance policies in place? Clearly, with their health concerns, there would now be limitations or high costs involved.

Maybe that's why it seems Josh and Anna are always at the Duggars in Ark. Jimboob and Michelle are probably keeping an eye on Anna so that she doesn't have a meltdown. Plus she has all the Duggar Kids around to to drive her nuts meaning no privacy to have a meltdown. Look at how Jimbob controls his kids. Anna and Josh are on vacation with them. WHY? I want to know WHY? Is it so TLC can film so Josh and Anna can get more money because the Birthing segments monies will now turn to Jill and Derrick in the show and the money train from TLC will start to benefit Derrick and Jill and Ben and Jessa and we will see less of Josh and Anna. I also wonder what Anna's mother and Father think of how controlling the Duggars are? The Duggars have seemed to alienate Anna's parents and family from her. If I were them I would be concerned because we know Jimbob seems to be calling the shots in Anna and Josh't marriage. I thought once Josh and Anna moved to DC they would have some time to spend by themselves, make their own decisions and grow up to live in the real world but then I saw Joshie crying like a baby when his mama and pappy moved him up to DC and were getting ready to leave him on his own with his wife and kids, no support around. What a wimp. I thought Anna and mainly her dad felt relieved they were moving to DC so that Jim Bob couldn't have so much control over them but Joshie it seems spends more time back at the tin house in ark than he does his home in DC. I really wish Anna would get tired of all the shit the Duggars throw at her and tell them to go to hell, Jimbob is probably afraid Anna would be trying to turn Josh away from his family so thats why Jimbob is always up their ass. All we can do is wait and see when the breakdown of Anna will come but I hope its not over having so many kids but instead over having JimBob run their lives because her dick of a husband is to immature to grow up and be a man and tell his father and mother to eat shit. Anna is a prisoner in her own marriage to me. She really needs some counseling and visits from her mother to talk to about all she is up against with controlling jimbob.

Unlike Michelle, Anna has some sister (in law) moms that she can turn to. Something tells me that Johannah will be sent to DC to help out upon M4's birth and be groomed into sister mom mode until Mack is old enough.

(Jill will take Jennifer to do the same with Baby Dilly).

Maybe that's why it seems Josh and Anna are always at the Duggars in Ark. Jimboob and Michelle are probably keeping an eye on Anna so that she doesn't have a meltdown. Plus she has all the Duggar Kids around to to drive her nuts meaning no privacy to have a meltdown. Look at how Jimbob controls his kids. Anna and Josh are on vacation with them. WHY? I want to know WHY? Is it so TLC can film so Josh and Anna can get more money because the Birthing segments monies will now turn to Jill and Derrick in the show and the money train from TLC will start to benefit Derrick and Jill and Ben and Jessa and we will see less of Josh and Anna. I also wonder what Anna's mother and Father think of how controlling the Duggars are? The Duggars have seemed to alienate Anna's parents and family from her. If I were them I would be concerned because we know Jimbob seems to be calling the shots in Anna and Josh't marriage. I thought once Josh and Anna moved to DC they would have some time to spend by themselves, make their own decisions and grow up to live in the real world but then I saw Joshie crying like a baby when his mama and pappy moved him up to DC and were getting ready to leave him on his own with his wife and kids, no support around. What a wimp. I thought Anna and mainly her dad felt relieved they were moving to DC so that Jim Bob couldn't have so much control over them but Joshie it seems spends more time back at the tin house in ark than he does his home in DC. I really wish Anna would get tired of all the shit the Duggars throw at her and tell them to go to hell, Jimbob is probably afraid Anna would be trying to turn Josh away from his family so thats why Jimbob is always up their ass. All we can do is wait and see when the breakdown of Anna will come but I hope its not over having so many kids but instead over having JimBob run their lives because her dick of a husband is to immature to grow up and be a man and tell his father and mother to eat shit. Anna is a prisoner in her own marriage to me. She really needs some counseling and visits from her mother to talk to about all she is up against with controlling jimbob.

I don't how much time TLC spends filming with the family. I can imagine that Josh and Anna show up during filming bc it promotes the brand, and they probably get money and/or paid flight.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Anna is alienated from her family. They're not stars of the show. She could visit them or they her, heaps, but they aren't part of the show. They've done episodes there, but the core show is the Duggars. At times they even hide their own family-- i.e. Josh and Anna's crossroad vacation (with invisible Jana.) The storyline for Josh and Anna is that these 2 old god fearing young adults are out in the city with their family making it on their own. Hence, hiding any help they may have.

And simply Josh and Anna might like the idea that they can visit their Florida in-laws without having to perform for cameras.

Question, how do the Duggars and their ilk feel about things like antidepressants? I only have my twins, but I was so overwhelmed by them and motherhood and postpartum depression that I never would have made it without some meds to help. If Anna, or any Duggar girl or inlaw, needed something like that for PPD is that frowned upon? I really hope it isn't because I swear I was better and back to myself within 2 weeks of starting my meds. Absolute life saver for me and my kids.

Your not allowed to take antidepressants. Just pray and Jesus will help you in your time of need. I also think a sister will show up to help Anna with M4. Probable Jana. As far as Jill goes, I'm better Johanna gets sent there. It's closer to the TTH.

Question, how do the Duggars and their ilk feel about things like antidepressants? I only have my twins, but I was so overwhelmed by them and motherhood and postpartum depression that I never would have made it without some meds to help. If Anna, or any Duggar girl or inlaw, needed something like that for PPD is that frowned upon? I really hope it isn't because I swear I was better and back to myself within 2 weeks of starting my meds. Absolute life saver for me and my kids.

It is good to no that you have managed your PPD with the use of antidepressant. Of course their are young women with PPD in fundie families. How they would address the illness is interesting to consider. Watching births on show has leads me with the impression medication is not used for delivery. IMHO women's health is not a priority within fundie communities. This discussion reminds me of the Andea Yates case were she had 3 children back to back. The husband new she suffered from PPD because he had his mother stay with her. She found time alone and killed her 3 children and is now in prison. Treated with medications for PPD in prison.The weight of her murdering her babies is on

her mind and heart 24hrs. a day. Her husband did not serve a day in prison. He knew she had PPD but continued to get her pregnant. He remarried and she sits and thinks about murdering her babies. Men continue to inpregnate their wives despite the health risks to mother and child. Give these women a break between pregnancies. Men can use a sanctioned form of birth control ABSTINENCE.

I do not think Anna is stupid or selfish. She is a product of fundamental practices that she was born into and isolates her. These women feel that their worth rests on their ability to procreate, talk sweet, and save everyone that differs from their beliefs These women marry so early in life. She had to endure smuggers serenade at their wedding. Anna loves her children and is caring for them well. She is doing this amongst people that view women bellow men. It is my belief that these women are being abused. There husbands keeping them pregnant even when it is unsafe is ABUSE.

Sorry for the rant.

I think Anna will have a breakdown if (when) the show is canceled, especially if Josh loses his job. I think she has been really caught up in the "glitz" (relatively speaking) of life as a Duggar vs. her "old life" in a cramped trailer down in Florida, and I'm not sure how well she would respond if their quality of life decreased dramatically. It's one thing to have a lot of kids at home when you can afford a nice house, in a nice city, and can afford babysitters or other help when you need it. But would she really be able to handle 5+ kids if they were back in a tiny house because Josh had been laid off? I'm not so sure.

Right now, it seems like Anna is still going full steam ahead as planned. She wants to be the new Michelle, I think. It's Josh who really seems like he's fading...he was such an enthusiastic teenager. Everything he says now seems so forced, and he's not doing a very good job at making it convincing. I can only have so much sympathy for him because he seems like such an asshole and works at such a horrible place, but I do kind of worry that he's really depressed. He LOOKS depressed, at least.

I think Anna still wants as many kids as possible. For sure. But it's hard for me to imagine Josh wanting 10+ kids, or honestly even wanting to stay so fundie at all in the long run, just because he seems so unhappy now. I think after #3, the reality really hit him. That he's just totally screwed.

It is good to no that you have managed your PPD with the use of antidepressant. Of course their are young women with PPD in fundie families. How they would address the illness is interesting to consider. Watching births on show has leads me with the impression medication is not used for delivery. IMHO women's health is not a priority within fundie communities. This discussion reminds me of the Andea Yates case were she had 3 children back to back. The husband new she suffered from PPD because he had his mother stay with her. She found time alone and killed her 3 children and is now in prison. Treated with medications for PPD in prison.The weight of her murdering her babies is on

her mind and heart 24hrs. a day. Her husband did not serve a day in prison. He knew she had PPD but continued to get her pregnant. He remarried and she sits and thinks about murdering her babies. Men continue to inpregnate their wives despite the health risks to mother and child. Give these women a break between pregnancies. Men can use a sanctioned form of birth control ABSTINENCE.

I do not think Anna is stupid or selfish. She is a product of fundamental practices that she was born into and isolates her. These women feel that their worth rests on their ability to procreate, talk sweet, and save everyone that differs from their beliefs These women marry so early in life. She had to endure smuggers serenade at their wedding. Anna loves her children and is caring for them well. She is doing this amongst people that view women bellow men. It is my belief that these women are being abused. There husbands keeping them pregnant even when it is unsafe is ABUSE.

Sorry for the rant.

I hate how some in the christian community look down on women who do ask for help or says that they do have ppd. When I felt depressed so many people asked why? How couldn't I love my children. I was ashamed to ask for help, but luckily I have a husband who cares and tried to do his best to help me. It was mild but still affected me. I especially hate the fundies who don't believe in mental illness or pray it away. Having a breakdown and continuing to have children isn't healthy and it's wrong. God gave you comment sense and a brain. Creating gods army when you can't handle it is selfish. And like another poster mentioned why isn't gothard creating his army for god? Joshanna better get their act together. That dc job might not last long. It can end any minute. And what will they do. Two uneducated fundie parents raising four small children doesn't make a happily ever after.

The Andrea Yates situation still continues to anger me. The husband knew his wife was unstable. He was told time and time again to stop getting her pregnant and to not leave her alone. This man is just as guilty as she is for drowning her children. He should've been charged as well. He endangered his whole family and got his children killed.

I wonder if any of the Gothardite cult members has ever questioned why they must procreate more soldiers for Gothard, yet Gothard has not procreated any of his own soldiers?

maybe he doesn't know how :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Josh will definately break before Anna. The only reason Josh got his job at the FRC is because they thought that he had enough "star power" (hah!) and youth to convince millenials to get on board with their agenda. However, other than his name, Josh has nothing to offer, and he must know it. It's also unclear how much appeal Josh has as a prematurely aged married man with soon to be four kids has to millenials, given that most young people, even the conservative ones, are delaying marriage and childbirth. When the FRC doesn't have any use for him anymore, he'll be unemployed and responsible for a large number of dependents and no marketable skills. Jinger and Jana can easily be sent to help Anna out with the M'kids and pretty soon the lost girls will also be pressed into nanny service, if not for Anna, then for Jessa and Jill.

The only reason Josh got his job at the FRC is because they thought that he had enough "star power" (hah!) and youth to convince millenials to get on board with their agenda. However, other than his name, Josh has nothing to offer, and he must know it. It's also unclear how much appeal Josh has as a prematurely aged married man with soon to be four kids has to millenials, given that most young people, even the conservative ones, are delaying marriage and childbirth. When the FRC doesn't have any use for him anymore, he'll be unemployed and responsible for a large number of dependents and no marketable skills.

On that topic...Josh has 405k followers on IG. (Anna has 559K!)

Derick has 477k.

Ben has 551k.

Jill has 1M.

Jessa has 1.1M.

The official Duggar IG has 771K.

The Bates' new show has only been on since January, and still, Chad and Erin Paine already have almost 100K, Alyssa and John Webster have over 100K, and the Bates family's official page has 158K. And that's with a show that isn't even on a channel that most people have.

So Josh is at the bottom for the Duggars, for sure. He's had an IG for quite a long time and he's STILL trailing way behind Ben and Derick. Yikes.

Not a great sign for Josh's overall popularity. I agree that I think viewers probably do not care for him much. He looks unhappy, has lost any hint of life or charisma he once had...he just seems like an exhausted, beaten-down dad.

[quote="Cleopatra7.

Not a great sign for Josh's overall popularity. I agree that I think viewers probably do not care for him much. He looks unhappy, has lost any hint of life or charisma he once had...he just seems like an exhausted, beaten-down dad.

this 1000%

I think Anna is essentially happy. Josh seems to genuinely care for her, she wants lots of kids and is having them, they have $$s, and I don't think Josh will lose his "job" as long as FRC is part of the Duggar pro-life coalition. She has travelled around the world, gotten probably a lot more positive attention than negative from loyal hordes of leghumpers, and gets around the US regularly (e.g., Arkansas, her sister, her parents, bible bees, family camp). I don't know what she sees in Josh, but she does. I believe her circumstances are about as good as she could have hoped for.

They'll both crack. Even among conservatives, a lot of women in DC have degrees. She's this ill-educated chid playing house compared to the power wives.

I am sure she knows it.

No way can Josh not know he's got no education compared to the men around him. When they talk news of the world, I bet he doesn't know what names are countries and which are people half the time. He looks a like he's aged so much in the last few years. He looks more tired than Anna.

It was really great to see that the family has a T.V in D.C. Anna turn it to the real world when the kids are napping. Patricia Arquette is calling us to have true equality with men. Real women don't wear skirts to excersise, ride horses or swim in bathing suits from the 1920's. One of these women will pull the curtain of fear back and see the evil is in their camp.

If josh or his siblings find themselves unemployable that is the fault of the parents. They keep these children from attending creditable universities/college. Isolating them from a diverse society and prevent socializing with people not of their brand of faith.

They'll both crack. Even among conservatives, a lot of women in DC have degrees. She's this ill-educated chid playing house compared to the power wives.

I am sure she knows it.

No way can Josh not know he's got no education compared to the men around him. When they talk news of the world, I bet he doesn't know what names are countries and which are people half the time. He looks a like he's aged so much in the last few years. He looks more tired than Anna.

They are not trained to think independently so it is no shock that they struggle when separated. They were encouraged to find fellowship in D.C from both JB + M. Wonder how hard it would be to find like minded folks to fellowship with in D.C.

Archived