IGNORED

Anna Duggar - Merge

bunnybunz

anna could keep it together better than josh would without her. The Duggar family have been living well with money from show and public speaking. It would be tough for any of the kids to walk away from financial security of the Duggars brand. If one of kids should be gay the family would not support them emotionally or financially. This is where I see a breakdown happening for the children of any of the Fundie families. No only sexual orientation but any type of diviation from their narrow minded faith.They would be shut out from the fold.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that she's thoroughly indoctrinated and a seemingly nice person, but she's in DC, not in her family bubble, she's surrounded by people that are not only way smarter than Jim Boob, but living lifestyles that are so foreign to her. I'm not trying to be mean, but she's a very stupid girl and I can tell just by following her Twitter that she is in way over her head and has no idea what is going on around her. She's only 26 and is about to have her 4th child, she's a stay at home mother, she home-schools, her husband's a douche, that is A LOT to have on your plate when you're an uneducated 26 yr old. I just see her becoming very unhinged soon. Am I imagining things?

Good Lord, I figured I'd check out her Twitter to see what it's like, you can tell she's super uneducated, lol she home schools so why does she care about islam in schools? lol, other than that every other post is "anti-abortion". I figure if the shows ratings drop I'm sure TLC might throw one of the clan under the bus. Or make one of the kids become "rebellious".

What's so good about it? You could be pregnant and growing your umpteenth freaking kid without it but in 2015, sixty years after the moonlanding, they still don't have anything to block that crap that makes you unable to get out of the bed, and you puke round the clock for no rhyme or reason.

For the record, there are some fantastic anti-nausea medications available for pregnant women who cant get out of bed and puke around the clock. They aren't prescribed routinely because most women are only nauseous for part of the day and may not even throw up most days. But I've known several women who had moderate to severe morning sickness and all but one did great on medication. I was nauseous for most of my pregnancy but only actually vomited once or twice a month. So I decided not ask about medication (I try not to take medication unnecessarily) but most of my friends thought I was crazy and should have asked for meds.

Although, specific to Anna's case, one has to see a doctor to have medication prescribed. So that may be a problem for her anyway.

If josh or his siblings find themselves unemployable that is the fault of the parents. They keep these children from attending creditable universities/college. Isolating them from a diverse society and prevent socializing with people not of their brand of faith.

Josh has the ability now to go to college. It's his choice now not to take it.

Anna would NOT be happy if she had to still live in B & J's house with four kids.

However something like this is bound to happen and this gravy train will run out... The Duggars have been on TV for over 10 years, people get bored.

For the record, there are some fantastic anti-nausea medications available for pregnant women who cant get out of bed and puke around the clock. They aren't prescribed routinely because most women are only nauseous for part of the day and may not even throw up most days. But I've known several women who had moderate to severe morning sickness and all but one did great on medication. I was nauseous for most of my pregnancy but only actually vomited once or twice a month. So I decided not ask about medication (I try not to take medication unnecessarily) but most of my friends thought I was crazy and should have asked for meds.

Although, specific to Anna's case, one has to see a doctor to have medication prescribed. So that may be a problem for her anyway.

I was on Zofran for all three of my pregnancies and I got my prescription from my midwife. Of course I see a Certified Nurse Midwife but I would assume at least for this pregnancy that is what Anna sees as well. Anything else would be illegal in Maryland and I don't think TLC would allow that since it could get them in trouble filming a birth with somebody who is legally not allowed to be providing that service. There are also a few other medications also on the market for anti-nausea during pregnancy.

I don't see Anna as being on the brink of a breakdown. She actually seems quite happy right now and excited about her growing family. I'm not so sure she feels like an outsider in DC while she is not be as well educated it seems like she tries to get behind certain issues. I also think it's impossible to know which Duggar women may or may not suffer from PPD. Anna might not have had any issues with it she was filmed a lot very shortly after Marcus' birth for their move to DC and she didn't seem like she was putting on a show to try to hide depression. She seemed excited about the move. Also I don't see her as being super overwhelmed right now. I'm sure she'll need help after the baby but in addition to a J'slave it's very possible her mother could come up and visit for a little while without it being shown on TV. I think instead of feeling isolated in DC that Anna enjoys being further way from JB and Michelle. It seemed like her family encouraged them to move so they might have known that Anna wanted more freedom from her in-laws. I also don't see it as impossible that she hasn't made any friends locally. I know at least with my other mom friends we bond over lack of sleep, battling picky eaters and the fact that three year olds are crazy not discussing our educational backgrounds and feelings on current events. I also think in a certain type of homeschooling group she'd find somewhat likeminded women.

I think it's possible that Anna might have some sort of breakdown if their financial situation changes dramatically or if she stops getting pregnant. Although she kept saying that three children were enough and they were just enjoying what God gave them I think she finds it very difficult that she lacks the Duggar fertility. If Jill does get pregnant easily with a second and a third then I could see Anna becoming jealous of her SIL. Especially since given that Anna's kids keep getting further apart it's possible that Jill could be expecting her third child before Anna is expecting her fifth. And obviously it would be hard on anyone to experience a major change in financial stability. Adding a bunch of kids into that scenario is only going to make it worse. But for now Anna seems to be quite happy with her life.

Do Josh & Anna have health insurance? Would he have any through his job? I don't understand a lot about the U.S. system. I assume he would not apply for Obamacare cause - ew, Obamacare! But what would he have?

Would the FRC want to opt out because their employees might lose their minds and accidentally buy BC pills instead of Aspirin at the drug store?

Do Josh & Anna have health insurance? Would he have any through his job? I don't understand a lot about the U.S. system. I assume he would not apply for Obamacare cause - ew, Obamacare! But what would he have?

Would the FRC want to opt out because their employees might lose their minds and accidentally buy BC pills instead of Aspirin at the drug store?

I imagine FRC has health insurance, probably some kind of group thing with affiliates.

I don't know if you are being facetious but in the US you can't buy bc over the counter, you have to have a prescription.

I agree with the other posters that Josh suffers more than Anna. Anna looks bright and happy to me - she's living the fundie princess dream. As Josh's wife, she kind of a star in their world. She travels, she hobnobs with power people, and she'll never understand that the Duggars are a freakshow on TLC.

Josh, OTOH, the role of provider is on him. I know myself how wearying it can be, how being a sole provider for three kids can just weigh you down. Josh was rather cute as a teen but he looks terrible now. Aging rapidly indeed.

One of the big drawbacks to having your siblings be your best friends is never learning how to develop relationships outside your family. This has to be hard on Josh to be away from the central hive, he probably doesn't have the slightest idea how to find new friends.

Who knows if Josh ever really wanted to be an attorney? It might be dispiriting to him to be surrounded by people who are far more educated than he, but then again, he may feel he has enough Duggar specialness that he has his own kind of cred and doesn't need diploma cred.

I think it is going to be 10-20 years from now that might do Anna in. Her looks will be faded, Josh is more likely to die at a younger age, the show will have run out of steam, and Anna will be hard pressed to find another husband willing to take on her brood.

I wish they'd stop having so children and concentrate on saving for their Josh-less future. He just looks like death warmed over already.

I imagine FRC has health insurance, probably some kind of group thing with affiliates.

I don't know if you are being facetious but in the US you can't buy bc over the counter, you have to have a prescription.

I agree with the other posters that Josh suffers more than Anna. Anna looks bright and happy to me - she's living the fundie princess dream. As Josh's wife, she kind of a star in their world. She travels, she hobnobs with power people, and she'll never understand that the Duggars are a freakshow on TLC.

Josh, OTOH, the role of provider is on him. I know myself how wearying it can be, how being a sole provider for three kids can just weigh you down. Josh was rather cute as a teen but he looks terrible now. Aging rapidly indeed.

One of the big drawbacks to having your siblings be your best friends is never learning how to develop relationships outside your family. This has to be hard on Josh to be away from the central hive, he probably doesn't have the slightest idea how to find new friends.

Who knows if Josh ever really wanted to be an attorney? It might be dispiriting to him to be surrounded by people who are far more educated than he, but then again, he may feel he has enough Duggar specialness that he has his own kind of cred and doesn't need diploma cred.

I think it is going to be 10-20 years from now that might do Anna in. Her looks will be faded, Josh is more likely to die at a younger age, the show will have run out of steam, and Anna will be hard pressed to find another husband willing to take on her brood.

I wish they'd stop having so children and concentrate on saving for their Josh-less future. He just looks like death warmed over already.

I think Josh's admiration for Rick Santorum is real and he probably is the kind of person that he would gave liked to have been if he had had a choice: a college degree from a real dchool, a chance to network in the College Republicans, a real law degree, a larger than average but still manageable number of children, a politician. Whether people love or hate Santorum, they at least take him seriously whereas Josh is more of an anomaly because of his reality show fame. He could go back to Arkansas and run for some kind of minor office, but if he ends up being a single issue politician like JB was (who only voted on abortion related bills and nothing else) he will be a flash in the pan.

I was on Zofran for all three of my pregnancies and I got my prescription from my midwife. Of course I see a Certified Nurse Midwife but I would assume at least for this pregnancy that is what Anna sees as well. Anything else would be illegal in Maryland and I don't think TLC would allow that since it could get them in trouble filming a birth with somebody who is legally not allowed to be providing that service.

Sorry, I didn't mean to malign CNMs, nurse practitioners, or physician's assistants. I should have said that she would have to be seen by a professional in an actual medical clinic. I was more referencing the random "hey, you give birthing classes and have assisted births before--want to come deliver our baby?" type "midwife" we've seen with Anna before. I didn't realize that was illegal in Maryland though. So she probably will see a professional this time.

She's such a shitty person that I wouldn't feel the tiniest bit of sympathy if it were to happen, but I honestly don't think Anna's anywhere near a breakdown. Her life is so much better financially than it was growing up, and all she has to do is compare her life to that of the typical quiverfull women--particularly her own sister's--to feel that god must think she's awesome. As big a douche as Josh is I get the feeling he treats her well and that their marriage is solid. And, like Jessa, she's too stupid and arrogant to ever feel intimidated by the educated and accomplished women she knows. Unless the money dries up, she'll be just fine, emotionally. I agree that Josh is the one more likely to break down.

I honestly don't think Anna's anywhere near a breakdown. Her life is so much better financially than it was growing up, and all she has to do is compare her life to that of the typical quiverfull women--particularly her own sister's--to feel that god must think she's awesome.

I actually think the things you said are WHY she will break down. Her life has been sunshine and roses since they moved to DC. Josh got a job he is underqualified for, where he is likely overpaid. Josh might have a miserable commute (no metro where they live) but Anna gets to stay comfortable at home in a nice house with her kids. When she married Josh, I think she knew she was marrying into a somewhat "famous" family, but I doubt she had ANY idea she would be schmoozing at political events in DC. I think she's gotten really caught up in it and loves being someone's arm candy for events. I honestly think it will be devastating for her when it's all over.

I think she is really convinced that Josh will move his way up and stay in politics forever, and that this lifestyle will continue. And hey...maybe it will. But I really doubt it. And I think when it does fall apart, that'll be when she can't handle it anymore. The success they've had so far is freak luck, and luck runs out. At the end, your success is determined by your hard work and your valuable skills. Not sure Josh has either of those.

Meltdown..no. But lately it seems as though Josh has been awfully cold to her. As arrogant and smug as he is, I totally see him cheating on her.

For the record, I really like Anna. :nenner:

I think Anna is essentially happy. Josh seems to genuinely care for her, she wants lots of kids and is having them, they have $$s, and I don't think Josh will lose his "job" as long as FRC is part of the Duggar pro-life coalition. She has travelled around the world, gotten probably a lot more positive attention than negative from loyal hordes of leghumpers, and gets around the US regularly (e.g., Arkansas, her sister, her parents, bible bees, family camp). I don't know what she sees in Josh, but she does. I believe her circumstances are about as good as she could have hoped for.

I agree. I think that Anna Duggar actually sincerely wants a lot of children and enjoys being a SAHM. I'm sure she ended up as a mother of twelve kids even if she had never been born into the quiverful lifestyle.

I think it's possible that Anna might have some sort of breakdown if their financial situation changes dramatically or if she stops getting pregnant. Although she kept saying that three children were enough and they were just enjoying what God gave them I think she finds it very difficult that she lacks the Duggar fertility. If Jill does get pregnant easily with a second and a third then I could see Anna becoming jealous of her SIL. Especially since given that Anna's kids keep getting further apart it's possible that Jill could be expecting her third child before Anna is expecting her fifth. And obviously it would be hard on anyone to experience a major change in financial stability. Adding a bunch of kids into that scenario is only going to make it worse. But for now Anna seems to be quite happy with her life.

She's going to have her 4th child in under 7 years of marriage... How is that lacking in fertility?

I don't see Anna cracking anytime soon, she seems genuinely happy in DC.

I can see her cracking when the cu$hy job$ go away and they have to move, find a real job and have no skills to support their already large by US standards family.

I hate how some in the christian community look down on women who do ask for help or says that they do have ppd. When I felt depressed so many people asked why? How couldn't I love my children. I was ashamed to ask for help, but luckily I have a husband who cares and tried to do his best to help me. It was mild but still affected me. I especially hate the fundies who don't believe in mental illness or pray it away. Having a breakdown and continuing to have children isn't healthy and it's wrong. God gave you comment sense and a brain. Creating gods army when you can't handle it is selfish. And like another poster mentioned why isn't gothard creating his army for god? Joshanna better get their act together. That dc job might not last long. It can end any minute. And what will they do. Two uneducated fundie parents raising four small children doesn't make a happily ever after.

The Andrea Yates situation still continues to anger me. The husband knew his wife was unstable. He was told time and time again to stop getting her pregnant and to not leave her alone. This man is just as guilty as she is for drowning her children. He should've been charged as well. He endangered his whole family and got his children killed.

This is already a horrible story, but Andrea Yates actually killed FIVE of her own children. And her stupid (now ex)husband just remarries and moves on. He should have been charged and held responsible for ignoring that situation. There were signs that that woman was soon to crack, and he ignored them. He certainly played a role in his children's horrific and preventable deaths.

As for Anna and Josh, I agree that he will crack first. Anna has developed a taste for Coach purses and has moved way up since her trailer park beginnings. These fundies believe that these jobs and political access are the fruits of their obedience to their twisted idea of a deity.

Josh, on the other hand, seems to have serious problems holding a real job and supporting a wife and kids in the city. Another thread mentioned that he used to like to go to strip clubs in Arkansas, and then there's the whole "sin in the camp" rumor. I don't know if any of that is true, but there's a certain sliminess to him that I could see being expressed sexually. Aren't there parks in DC where (often politically involved) men go to anonymously hook up with other men? (I'm assuming since he's a grown adult and his own headship that it's okay to imagine in this direction -- I reread the rules to check, and it seems okay since he's not a minor living in his parents' home. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Just trying to figure out what is with that guy.) There is just something OFF about him....repressed homosexual or bisexual orientation? repressed deviant --however that's defined--sexual desires? repressed critical thinking about his life and his training? repressed jealousy about his upbringing (3 kinds of rice for dinner!) compared to that of the youngest kids? repressed EVERYTHING throughtout his life now coming to haunt him at night?

Is he having some kind of health scare as well? Something related to his weight or diet? I lack cable and can't keep up with everything online (though I do my utmost), but someone elsewhere mentioned that his health was of concern. It seems like a lot of boys (and others, honestly) follow paths laid for them early on by parents or caregivers. Around middle age (or what feels like it -- three kids with the fourth on the way isn't going to make you feel immortal), people seem to start expressing themselves more honestly. Sometimes they change career paths or positive changes for themselves. Others do stupid things like buy the stereotypical convertible. And I've heard from my gay boyfriends that there are a LOT of middle-aged and older married guys who just want to hook up. They may have a wife and kids at home, but there's still more out there that they're interested in. I don't totally see that for Josh, yet I can't quite say it would never happen, either. I think when Josh cracks, it will be acting out somehow. Their culture has so many rules about and around sex that it seems a likely place to rebel.

In the long run, though Anna doesn't seem quite as fertile as Michelle, I expect she will have some kind of laundry room break down. She's a good mom now, but she'll be overwhelmed soon enough. Terrible shame.

I can definitely imagine that he secretly watches porn. I reckon he struggles a bit with that.

I bet there are a lot of things Josh struggles with, due to being raised in such isolation.

If he'd gone to school, ever, of any kind, he'd dealt with peer pressure. He'd dealt with being exposed to other ideas, even at the most devout Christian school there is bound to be at least one other student bringing in exposure to worldly things.

Josh might be struggling with so much choice after being raised with so little choice. He is now in a world where others, maybe not those at FRC but probably others he comes into contact with in DC, have different values - things as simple as having a glass of wine with dinner.

I personally don't know how she is able to act like everything is so wonderful all the time. I have ONE three year old and some days are TOUGH and it shows.

I'd like to know more about the strip club rumor. If it's true, then pictures have to come out eventually... right?

What's so good about it? You could be pregnant and growing your umpteenth freaking kid without it but in 2015, sixty years after the moonlanding, they still don't have anything to block that crap that makes you unable to get out of the bed, and you puke round the clock for no rhyme or reason. And there she is, all crazy eyed and she excuses herself for daring to complain about vomiting constantly like a "horse at a wedding" as we say it.

Just want to note: Doctors and Scientists believe that morning sickness evolved as a protective measure for the fetus. Back in the day when we ate whatever we could to survive, there was a high chance that an expectant mother would ingest something poisonous. Morning sickness occurred as a result in order to keep the baby safe. I don't think it really has a point now since most pregnant ladies don't run around stuffing random leaves into their mouths. Probably one of those things that had a purpose at first and we just haven't evolved past yet.

(Side note: Morning sickness is the one part of pregnancy I'm dreading; even more than actually giving birth. It sounds really sucky to me)

Here are my thoughts:

- I think Josh is very sad and miserable at the moment. I think that when he has mentioned he would be happy with just a few kids in the past he honestly meant it. I don't think he ever really wanted a big family and now he feels trapped - if they stop having kids people will question them and if they keep having him he will feel more and more pressure to provide for them.

- Regardless of the work situation, Anna will ultimately have a moment of pure panic. I predict it will be because of any guilt she feels over not being able to provide for the emotional and educational needs of all her kids on her own. She seems to really love the stay-at-home mom and homeschooling lifestyle and I honestly think that while she appreciates any help she gets she will also feel guilt over it.

- I hope that Josh has some sort of plan in mind in case anything happens. I hope that they're saving their money and spending wisely.

That said, I think that both Anna and Josh truly love their children. Josh may be panicking over another kid on the way, but I have no doubt that he will be thrilled once the baby is here and he holds her in his arms the first time - he always seems happy once their kid arrives.

We're looking at this the wrong way. Why on earth would Anna crack? Her religion is set up so that no matter what happens, richer, poorer, sickness, health, death, although they don't talk about death at all, I think... everything is ON HER. SHE copes with the kids. Can't make ends meet? SHE figures out how to make five pounds of rice last a week. Can't dress the kids? SHE goes to the thrift store. Can't drive the car? SHE gets on the net and blogs about praying for pennies or finding the cash jar or some such.... and if she fails, GOD LOOKS DOWN ON HER. She is well and truly trapped. So let her enjoy her moments, right now, because it is likely hard times will befall her.

ETA: But when the hard times come, she has to have FAITH!

This is what I hate about these relationships. The married couples are not life partners. He is in some kind of charge over her and has to "lead" and "guide" her.... she's probably smarter than HE is!

I think Josh knows that when 19KAC goes off the air, FRC could easily replace him with a handsome young athletic College Republican, with a degree from Liberty or Wheaton or PCC or Patrick Henry, with nice suits and a pretty blonde wife (whom he met in college) and 1 or 2 photogenic kids.

I am curious to see how their travel patterns change when baby #4 arrives. They have been flying to Arkansas all the damn time--I think Josh goes almost once a month, and I think the whole family went at least 5 times in 2014. However, it is damn difficult to fly with FOUR children age 5 and under, unless a J'Slave is helping--and how many extra plane tix is TLC willing to cover? If they drive, its about a 20 hour drive--without breaks, & 4 kids to keep happy, fed & diapered.

If they go to Arkansas less often, will that be good or bad for Anna?

PS What is up with Anna's 2 younger brothers?? Are they over 18? Still at home? What do they do?

Archived