IGNORED

Anna Duggar - Merge

bunnybunz

If she checked on those 2 big bags and the car seats, and only had the kids, and their smallish luggage to actually handle, she could have done it. If Marcus was in a wrap, freeing up both of her hands, all the better.

When my children were young (they are all grown now), I did travel by myself with all three. Because my then-husband had a demanding job, I would fly down to Florida to visit my family on a regular basis. It didn't seem like a big deal at all. It was what it was. Then again, I was used to running my local errands all over NYC. Fold up the double-stroller to put on the bus or subway, one baby in the snugli, two in the stroller. Some days seemed harried others not--but the time goes so fast, I sometimes wish I could have those days back. You have kids. You deal. If you have no help. You do it yourself. Having the kids attend REGULAR school helps mommy keep her sanity :dance:

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she checked on those 2 big bags and the car seats, and only had the kids, and their smallish luggage to actually handle, she could have done it. If Marcus was in a wrap, freeing up both of her hands, all the better.

Don't the kids have to be IN the car seats on the plane?

Don't the kids have to be IN the car seats on the plane?

No, car seats aren't(Edited) required and I've never seen anyone use on a plane. Kids under 2 sit on laps.

No, car seats are required and I've never seen anyone use on a plane. Kids under 2 sit on laps.

Unless she was flying first class with three kids (wouldn't honestly put it past the duggars at this point) there's no way a car seat would even FIT in an airplane seat. Most of those things are wider than my butt and I /barely/ fit in airplane seats.

When my children were young (they are all grown now), I did travel by myself with all three. Because my then-husband had a demanding job, I would fly down to Florida to visit my family on a regular basis. It didn't seem like a big deal at all. It was what it was. Then again, I was used to running my local errands all over NYC. Fold up the double-stroller to put on the bus or subway, one baby in the snugli, two in the stroller. Some days seemed harried others not--but the time goes so fast, I sometimes wish I could have those days back. You have kids. You deal. If you have no help. You do it yourself. Having the kids attend REGULAR school helps mommy keep her sanity :dance:

My daughter and her family live in So America and they came for a visit last Christmas. Her husband could not leave at the same time, so my daughter flew by herself with her 7 mos old daughter. The trip required her to take 3 different flights and transfer planes in a 3rd foreign country. My hubs did go down and meet them for the final, 1 hour flight. It took 15 hours for them to get home!

I think it's great that a couple of slaves went and helped Anna. Both Charlotte and Atlanta are busy, big airports. I've had to run through both to make tight connections.

When they showed Anna on the plane, she was holding Marcus and Mike was next to her, but no sign of Kenzie. Was she across the aisle sitting beside another adult?

Also, if I remember right, the Duggar's were out campaigning days before the wedding. So I don't know how many days ahead Anna came in before the wedding, but the majority of the family wasn't even home until a couple of days before.

IIRC, Ana's "degree" in education was an ATI certification program via correspondence. An advanced SOTDRT, if you will. Nothing to be impressed by, there.

I'm interested to know the exact program it might have been, if only for snark purposes. Can any former ATI people shed light on this?

Unless she was flying first class with three kids (wouldn't honestly put it past the duggars at this point) there's no way a car seat would even FIT in an airplane seat. Most of those things are wider than my butt and I /barely/ fit in airplane seats.

My friends who fly often with children have this: http://kidsflysafe.com/ thing. It's really small so it would fit in a small bag.

Personally I can't imagine flying alone with kids period but I've never actually flown at all with my kids. I'm not sure though if four versus three kids would change things that much. Mac is plenty old enough to walk beside her and even carry a small bag. A double stroller for the boys and M4 in a carrier. I actually would think a one-year-old like Marcus would be the most difficult age to take on a plane since that's a pretty wiggly age.

I cannot believe that Michelle let her do that- and lick and stick came so quickly out of her mouth, you just know that Josie must do this behavior all.of.the.time.

The Duggars are crappy parents-

Ironic- the crappy, disengaged parents are the ones who feel they need to overpopulate the Earth.

I'm not surprised. None of the Duggars, from the little kids to the adults have any manners, whether to others or their own family members. All the Duggars care about is "modest dress," "sexual purity," and ideological conformity. As long as the kids are doing that, anything is fine.

I've been poking around on ATI's website. They do offer some things like culinary arts and certified nurse's aide. I don't find a childcare type certification although they have a Children's Institute. It is some kind of training to be a teacher of children, not entirely sure where or how the teaching occurs.

This is a link to an application, commitments in certain areas are heavily stressed. I found this one sentence which really chills me - 2nd page, under Dear Fathers, second paragraph, last sentence.

Please do not recommend a student who could be an offense or a stumbling block to a child. (See Matthew 18:6.)

This link is to their opportunities, click the drop down button on the right side to see culinary arts, woodworking, etc.

http://ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/

The Duggars downplay their links to Gothard, so if Anna did this Children's Institute, she is being mum about it now.

BUT... it does show a certain amount of grit to start and finish a program, even if a Gothard program.

Re traveling alone with kids - I flew quite a bit when my three were all under three/four. It's difficult (easier with an infant and a toddler than two toddlers) but when it's what you're used to you just do it. A double pram and a sling/carrier for the baby are essential. Mackynzie will be old enough to be relatively independent (as in not wandering off, carrying her own carry on luggage, feeding and toileting herself) that Anna should be fine travelling alone with all four if necessary. The thought of it daunts me now, but when you're used to wrangling lots of little kids it becomes your normal.

Most car seats are rated for air travel (although not all, it's marked on the car seat if it is). While car seats are not required, they are highly recommended. Some families use the CARES harness (which I think was linked above) because it's easier to carry, but it's only for kids 22 to 40lbs. Car seat use on planes is becoming more common but since it's not required many parents still just use the adult seat belts (or for kids under 2, save the ticket price and hold the child).

FOUND THE PICTURES.

First picture, Jason is carrying what appears to be his violin, or at least the case, and a backpack, which would be more than large enough for one days worth of traveling clothing/toothbrush/etc. for him. Not sure why he brought the violin along though. Marcus is being carried by his aunt-mom Jana who is also carrying a rather large bag which would hold a days worth of travel gear for Jana.

Second picture, fan got a photo with everyone...except for Marcus. Who the fuck is watching him, I don't know. It's possible they had YET ANOTHER unseen helper.

Anyway, TO ME it definitely looks like that airport is quite a bit larger than the local one they fly in and out of near their homestead (Springdale?). I guess I was wrong in that there's no identifier of what airport that is in these pics exactly but I swear I read something about them being in or around the Washington DC area. If someone recognizes the airport do tell!

These pictures were found/uploaded by Pickles on October 18th (AND I STOLE THEM NEENER NEENER PICKLES :nenner: ) so they were probably taken on the 16th/17th or maybe even the 18th earlier in the day, when Anna and Mkids flew in for the wedding. They did indeed come about two weeks early and then went around with the famdamily on another Germbus tour of Hatred, something I'm sure will not be shown on 19K&C at all. The show was probably edited to imply that Anna and the Ms flew in a day or two before Jessa's wedding.

BUT I think the images should be proof enough - she flew in nearly two weeks before, no biggie, but CLEARLY HAD HELP.

Yeah, I really don't know wtf they're going to do with four. They're going to have to even upgrade their vehicles because how the fuck can you fit FOUR car seats (well, three plus a booster BUT THOSE THINGS TAKE UP A LOT OF ROOM TOO) in one normal sized vehicle? Even a minivan??

post-3991-14451999996736_thumb.jpg

post-3991-14451999997289_thumb.jpg

While it's possible the "buy used splurge without admitting it" philosophy includes not upgrading Jason's violin since he was Mack's age, that violin is way to small for him. It's probably Mackynzie's new violin that she wanted to bring to show off with.

Also, I think it's great that Anna has the support so she doesn't have to travel by herself. Before I had kids, I traveled several times with a friend and her baby just so she didn't have to travel alone. Sure, she could handle it by herself. But if I had the time and the money, it was so much easier for me to be an extra set of hands to carry stuff, hold the baby while she took care of business, etc.

I wouldn't begrudge Josh and Anna if they hired a nanny.

Hired.

As in, someone they pay ACTUAL TANGIBLE MONEY to.

Not their sister/sister-in-law who has NO CHOICE but to be forced to work for them for free (I'll give them room and board for when she stays with them in DC, but she should still be earning some extra money for all that time). If anyone here actually believes Jana could, at any point, say "fuck you Josh and Anna, if you want my help babysitting your kids, $15/hour, pay up!", you're delusional.

TLC also needs to stop being lying liars who lie about Josh and Anna having no help with their kiddos by slyly editing around Jana and Jason's existences. ESPECIALLY when there's photographic evidence that they're doing so!

I don't have a problem with Josh and Anna getting help from their siblings, especially those living at home with no work or study to occupy them. They probably enjoy trips to DC where the rules are relaxed, there are less kids, and the mother of the house actually parents.

I do object to TLC editing the siblings out - it seems really crappy not to acknowledge the assistance Jana especially gives Josh and Anna. Far from editing it out, I think they should put a pop up on thanking her for all her help.

Thanks for the sleuthing Ursula! The food court sign behind them in the 1st pic says "Carolina" (to the left of the Cinnabon) so I don't think its a DC area airport. I think they are changing planes in Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham or possibly Columbia, SC.

I don't have a problem with Josh and Anna getting help from their siblings, especially those living at home with no work or study to occupy them. They probably enjoy trips to DC where the rules are relaxed, there are less kids, and the mother of the house actually parents.

I do object to TLC editing the siblings out - it seems really crappy not to acknowledge the assistance Jana especially gives Josh and Anna. Far from editing it out, I think they should put a pop up on thanking her for all her help.

I agree about the help. If they're free, why not help out, but the lying about the help is not necessary.

Why can't these people be and do normal things? Why do they have to lie to appear "better than"? They claim to be religious, yet continually lie.

Hey for those who read here and are connected to the Duggars- tell them that God, Jesus, their savior are more bothered by their defrauding LIES than their defrauding knee caps and shoulders.

Lying is worse than females wearing pants or frontal hugs!

I have a problem with it - I don't think it is fair for Joy, Jana, or Jinger to have to now raise their brother's (or their sisters) siblings all so their sister in law can become their mother - I think it is wrong and unfair... I wonder if it is written somewhere that they have to do this - I HATE IT - it is so disgusting in a way that makes me want to vomit - they need to stop the insanity - shame on Anna for enabling them - but to be so baby crazy --- Josh married his mother - if you can't handle the load DON"T HAVE SO MANY CHILDREN

I have a problem with it - I don't think it is fair for Joy, Jana, or Jinger to have to now raise their brother's (or their sisters) siblings all so their sister in law can become their mother - I think it is wrong and unfair... I wonder if it is written somewhere that they have to do this - I HATE IT - it is so disgusting in a way that makes me want to vomit - they need to stop the insanity - shame on Anna for enabling them - but to be so baby crazy --- Josh married his mother - if you can't handle the load DON"T HAVE SO MANY CHILDREN

I agree that mega families are impossible for any 2 parents to handle without help. On the flip side, the single, adult women do as they are told. JB/Gothard says you help Anna, you help Anna. And of course, it's Jana and Jason because 2 girls needed to be left behind to do all the work in Duugarville South.

I sometimes wonder if Michelle is jealous of her married children and all that they have be initially given? Homes, businesses, help with childcare, cars...it seems in the beginning, JB and M had to figure all that out that for themselves-

How come MICHELLE and JB are never part of the going to help brigade?

Anna was raised just about the same as Josh, though, right? She thinks her duty as a wife is to make babies (and they even put it in their vows!!). Despite what she's seen of the rest of the world, and knowing the deprivations with which she was raised, she continues to cling to her backwards beliefs. I can see fatigue in Josh these days, but I still think both are pretty brainwashed (Anna moreso). I think it would be nearly impossible to get them to have an honest conversation about how many kids they want/desire/can take care of. I suspect they would consider themselves sinners for such thoughts. That said, I think it would be easier for Josh to admit it, and I think that might be because he's more familiar with sinful thoughts (despite my increasing sympathy for the guy, I still find him quite slimy).

Maybe it's just my terribly strong independent streak, but if my only "assigned goal" in life was husband, home and children, I would make sure that I, not my mom, sister or SILs was doing the entire shebang. These girls are brainwashed to accept the limitations and isolation, but then appear to not have what it takes to actually do what they are told is their vocation.

Now I do see it as a failure on the parent's part for not properly preparing the girls.

If a mega family is Anna's duty and goal, ANNA should be figuring out to navigate life with all these kids.

Personally, I think Anna should have help, but that's not what she has been taught.

As far as I can see, Gothard and the Duggars are phony. There is nothing real about this show. JB and M needed a way to support their family, so they sold the kids' lives. They try to pepper their show with religion and lifestyle advice, but it's all BS. None of it is real.

It's a bunch of lazy folks who do not want to show up every day for a job. Far as I can tell, they really do nothing better than your average family. Well, they do make up shite more so than most families.

Yeah, I can definitely see that Jana's attention has (probably) been moved from the Duggar Compound to Josh & Anna's. And if she doesn't want to be included in most of the footage, that's her choice -- maybe the only significant choice she's made that has been respected. I'm okay with that -- but not editing so it looks like Anna is completely on her own.

And, goodness, Jana is teeny.

Anna was raised just about the same as Josh, though, right? She thinks her duty as a wife is to make babies (and they even put it in their vows!!). Despite what she's seen of the rest of the world, and knowing the deprivations with which she was raised, she continues to cling to her backwards beliefs. I can see fatigue in Josh these days, but I still think both are pretty brainwashed (Anna moreso). I think it would be nearly impossible to get them to have an honest conversation about how many kids they want/desire/can take care of. I suspect they would consider themselves sinners for such thoughts. That said, I think it would be easier for Josh to admit it, and I think that might be because he's more familiar with sinful thoughts (despite my increasing sympathy for the guy, I still find him quite slimy).

I have to agree with the brainwashed-ness....Anna strikes me as a perfect follower. She was all over the idea of her father arranging her marriage to a semi-famous fella. I was raised in a teeny little town chock-full of Pentecostals and Baptists, I've seen her look before. There's a mixture of pride that she got the "right" guy, (perfectly conservative and capitalist) along with an aloof subservience that only young women raised in certain environments have. The last few episodes or pictures that I've seen of Michelle had me questioning what drug she's on trying to cope. Her demeanor is different these days, I think the spotlight and having to play-act along with trying to keep her brood from mutiny via a camera crew has really taken it's toll. Anna has a long while before she hits that point IMHO. She's young, pretty, fertile, and in the limelight....babies or not, she's living the dream right now. :dance:

(yay I finally get to post!!!) :wink-kitty:

I have to agree with the brainwashed-ness....Anna strikes me as a perfect follower. She was all over the idea of her father arranging her marriage to a semi-famous fella. I was raised in a teeny little town chock-full of Pentecostals and Baptists, I've seen her look before. There's a mixture of pride that she got the "right" guy, (perfectly conservative and capitalist) along with an aloof subservience that only young women raised in certain environments have. The last few episodes or pictures that I've seen of Michelle had me questioning what drug she's on trying to cope. Her demeanor is different these days, I think the spotlight and having to play-act along with trying to keep her brood from mutiny via a camera crew has really taken it's toll. Anna has a long while before she hits that point IMHO. She's young, pretty, fertile, and in the limelight....babies or not, she's living the dream right now. :dance:

(yay I finally get to post!!!) :wink-kitty:

Welcome.

I think you are right- Michelle has gone from an offensive role to now having to step back and play defense. Defense is hard, when you're used to being an attention and ball hog. Further, many of those kids are adults, and not a one of them is required to stay in the Duggar compound or to strictly follow their parent's or Gothard's wishes. I think Michelle is just waiting for the shoe to drop. Maybe Josiah has already defected???

Archived