IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

Is it possible to make the announcement more fake?!

My guess is Madelynn Suzette Duggar

I don't think it's possible. They said they already knew the jender. Was this a cupcake commercial?

Modesty Michelle Duggar

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the article made it sound like they were finding out the baby's sex in real time on the video with the cupcakes. But their reactions seemed very muted and scripted if that was the first time they were finding out. Did anyone else find that? I feel like either they knew already, and that was just staged for the camera, or they are very unexcited to find out what they're having. :|

I agree- they already knew.

I could understand that reaction if another boy was headed their way, but a girl after nearly 6 years, and to even the score, I would have thought that Anna and Mac would have been more outwardly excited.

Real talk, you know Jessa is secretly(?) digging being the sexy Duggar and being objectified...that hepher is all about looks and attention But she has precious little wisdom or savvy enough to know all that attention she is bringing on herself is a double edged sword....

I agree to an extent. I do think she enjoys being known as an attractive young lady. And yes, she has little knowledge about the world - partly her parents' fault for not educating her properly and for discouraging curiosity in their kids.

But can I please request we not refer to her as a "heifer"? I know she can be a pretty ugly person at times, but there isn't really a need to drag looks into the conversation - why stoop to the level of criticizing her looks when she gives plenty to criticize about her personality and beliefs?

I see by the previews that JB goes on a ride-along with JD in a police car. Obviously this is being done to show that JD really does work as a cop but do we know if this is something he does regularly or is being a constable an honorary title? Aren't there regular police or sheriff's in the area? Are we being treated to another fantasy like the concert pianist fiasco?

I see by the previews that JB goes on a ride-along with JD in a police car. Obviously this is being done to show that JD really does work as a cop but do we know if this is something he does regularly or is being a constable an honorary title? Aren't there regular police or sheriff's in the area? Are we being treated to another fantasy like the concert pianist fiasco?

Apparently, it can vary a lot. You can be "certified" as a constable, meaning you were required to take more training than a reserve police office. Most constables are not certified though, which means they are not required to have any specific training or law enforcement background. They are also not paid. I'm guessing JD is not certified, but maybe we'll find out. Certainly that would be something useful that he could do to potentially establish himself and develop a career, instead of just playing at adulthood like most of the Duggar spawn.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010 ... explained/

I cringed my way through the whole video. Josh is so wooden and unlikeable, he has zero charisma. The whole thing was staged so badly. Eugh.

I hope he is just a really bad card reader because after the reveal he said, "we're really excited" with ZERO inflection, feeling, oomph, whatever you want to call it. Is he already bored with having kids? Is he annoyed now that instead of going on GMA or having a whole episode devoted to the gender reveal (was Josh & Anna or JB & Jchelle that had Jim the soundman do the reveal for them?) I wonder how much money People pays for this web exclusive.

I hope he is just a really bad card reader because after the reveal he said, "we're really excited" with ZERO inflection, feeling, oomph, whatever you want to call it. Is he already bored with having kids? Is he annoyed now that instead of going on GMA or having a whole episode devoted to the gender reveal (was Josh & Anna or JB & Jchelle that had Jim the soundman do the reveal for them?) I wonder how much money People pays for this web exclusive.

It is old. He is a man who will be 27 tomorrow and will soon have 4 kids. Yikes.

Does anyone think that the married kids don't get their separate checks from TLC? I believe that the married adults will not get a separate pay check since the show is still based on Jim Bob and Michelle even if focusing on their marriages. Now, if they do their own appearances, I believe they may get paid directly but someone else may be negotiating their fee. What do you guys think?

I wish People would stop treating the Duggars as if they are bona fide celebrities but perhaps there are enough fundies that constantly running the Duggars brings in a whole new demographic? Duggar leghumpers normally don't follow popular culture, and probably lots of them ordinarily wouldn't shell out cash for a magazine, do does having a Duggar an issue bring People enough new readers/buyers to make it worthwhile? I guess in a few years we can expect to see a $12 "special issue" looking back at Duggar milestones over the years.

The Kardashians, the Real Housewives, the Honey Boo Boos, the Gosselins, the Duck Dynasty family, and numerous other reality stars who are famous-for-being-famous get the same treatment from the media. The Duggars are no different in that respect.

little girl, per People.

people.com/article/josh-anna-duggar-reveal-sex-fourth-baby-19-kids-and-counting?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

So this is their "Tuesday" announcement after all. :roll: Congrats, baby. You've been cursed with a vagina. Good luck with that.

Does anyone think that the married kids don't get their separate checks from TLC? I believe that the married adults will not get a separate pay check since the show is still based on Jim Bob and Michelle even if focusing on their marriages. Now, if they do their own appearances, I believe they may get paid directly but someone else may be negotiating their fee. What do you guys think?

I think JB has strong armed them all into signing contracts that funnel the money into a Duggar trust {aka tax free shelter]of some sort and them JB dishes out money, material items and what-not in exchange for those earnings.

Josh had use of a home, a car lot and now a job in DC, secured with the Duggar name, IMO.

JD has a tow truck, business and use of a plane

Jana has a car

Jill has the use of a mcmansion

Jessa had the boyfriend living on grounds, now employed by the Duggars and use of a home

Jinger has a car

Joe has Crown College

JB uses his currency in exchange for signing over their paychecks to the trust.

JB's currency= control

It's just all really chaos and mayhem ! Boob controlling all that he can; JUterus depressed and jealous ( of her newly married daughters and Kelly Bates)=sadness.

So, time to guess names! I guess some creative spelling of Madison. Maddysen?

I think it is probably set up as a family limited partnership with JB in charge of it. I imagine that somehow JB owns "the rights" to the Duggar brand and I would not be surprised to learn that any appearances or payments related to the brand are funneled to/through JB.

Now, Derick's paycheck, that would be Derick's and not be funneled to the FLP.

I do not believe the adult children get some kind of separate contract, somehow it is all put together to keep JB as the true headship.

I think it is probably set up as a family limited partnership with JB in charge of it. I imagine that somehow JB owns "the rights" to the Duggar brand and I would not be surprised to learn that any appearances or payments related to the brand are funneled to/through JB.

Now, Derick's paycheck, that would be Derick's and not be funneled to the FLP.

I do not believe the adult children get some kind of separate contract, somehow it is all put together to keep JB as the true headship.

I completely agree!

So, time to guess names! I guess some creative spelling of Madison. Maddysen?

Yeah, I'm guessing Maddisyn, Maddyline, McKayla, Maycee, or some other trynndie name.

Yeah, I'm guessing Maddisyn, Maddyline, McKayla, Maycee, or some other trynndie name.

Michelle would be better than any of those names.

Yes, I would rather she be named for Mullet than have a made up or uniquely spelled name!

I don't think it's possible. They said they already knew the jender. Was this a cupcake commercial?

Modesty Michelle Duggar

:clap: :clap: :clap: I don't care what they name that baby; I'm going to call her Modesty. Forever.

How about Maria Joshia?

Only if it's spelled "Marya" or "Mariya" :P

I don't think they'll go with Meredith. Meredith whomever from the Today show kept bugging them about using her name and they both seemed liked they couldn't stand it. Or maybe they just didn't like her suggesting they name a baby after her.

I don't think Josh and Anna are into that fundie trend of naming their children after stupid shit, so Modesty is out. Although I could see Zsu or Jill R doing it.

Has Madison been mentioned before? Why is everyone assuming that's the name? I agree it's a pretty name and it's something I would consider, but I'm lost as to why so many think Josh and Anna will use it.

I'm betting on Marie Annette. One, it's yet another horrible misuse of a historical name for them to butcher like Marcus Anthony. (I still shudder at that one) Two, Marie is a variation of Mary so she would be named after Grandma. Three, Annette is J'chelle's middle name.

Archived