IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

Actually, if the father says the girls may wear pants, they may. NOT at ATI/IBLP events--they have a strict dress code. But at home it is up to Daddy. I knew an ATI family that went to our homeschool swim class--the teenage daughter wore a NORMAL tank-kini albeit in a larger size for nearly full coverage. The Duggars are pushing the "they CHOOSE to wear skirts" line. If the girls had, for example, actually SERVED as volunteer firefighters in a real fire fighting capacity and not a support role, then they would have had to wear pants for safety. If Dad approved that's ok. Even at Crown College the girls wear NORMAL basketball uniforms, but with layers and longer, baggier shorts.

Congressman Webster must appeal to ALL the GOP-not just the freak fringe. In Florida Mrs. Keller went to the beach in a normal, if dated, swimsuit and cover-up--not "Wholesomewhere" like the Duggars choose. Webster's family needs to be modest, of course, but they can't alienate voters either!

This!

With permission, I am about to share some information. I know someone who was ATI. It's not anybody that we talk about. This person and their family are way, way, way down on the visibility list including social media). According to this person, there has been a campaign to lure in more new people. Part of that campaign is ditching the frumpers for pants for women. This person said they especially needed high profile ATI folks to do this.

At first, I didn't think much of it. Then I read here and see some fundies are dressing more stylish, and appear to be pushing the fundie modesty boundaries. Anyway, believe this information or not. I'm just repeating what I was told. I can't divulge any further information without breaking a promise.

I'm backing down now. I'm beating a dead horse, and on my way to being on some foe lists.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Alyssa is just slowly acclimating herself and her family to more "wordly" clothing. I mean, can ayone imagine that girl walking the Florida beaches in a wholesomewear bathing suit/tent? No way in hell! I bet she's already rocked board shorts or a tankini with the little shorts bottoms.

^ i agree. at the very least she's worn something like this:

2924e88f83628d0623791df997928043.jpg

Congressman Webster must appeal to ALL the GOP-not just the freak fringe. In Florida Mrs. Keller went to the beach in a normal, if dated, swimsuit and cover-up--not "Wholesomewhere" like the Duggars choose.

uhhhh, where was this? this is the first i've ever heard of this.

Ok everyone, the pants talk is now soooo last season! Check out her newest pic on instagram. She is wearing a mini-dress or beach cover-up. :pink-shock:

Ok everyone, the pants talk is now soooo last season! Check out her newest pic on instagram. She is wearing a mini-dress or beach cover-up. :pink-shock:

Did she take it down already? :| The latest picture on there now is a cute maternity shot, Alyssa's in a black and white dress.

Did she take it down already? :| The latest picture on there now is a cute maternity shot, Alyssa's in a black and white dress.

No, that's the one. Look at how much skin of her upper thigh you can see. There is no way that reaches anywhere near her knees while standing.

Very cute dress though!

...aaaand here http://instagram.com/p/yLDZKvJAvZ/?modal=true is Alyssa wearing a dress that definitely does not conform to the modesty standards with which she grew up. I spy thigh!

Isn't that the same dress she wore with tights to her father in law's swearing in [and abortive coup attempt--I love throwing that in!!] in DC earlier this month?

Isn't that the same dress she wore with tights to her father in law's swearing in [and abortive coup attempt--I love throwing that in!!] in DC earlier this month?

Which part? Abortive? :P

I often say that if the most vocal of christians appeared in front of Jesus, he would treat them the way he treated pharisees

That is worth repeating!

:pink-shock:

That is SHORT. Shorter than I'd wear, for sure. That doesn't make it a bad thing, by any means!

She's wearing it in another pic where she's standing up and it's still somewhat short - several inches above the knee.

Defrauding! NIKE!

I know this was on another forum, but did someone speculate that they have chosen the name ''Allie'' because Alyssa is a fan of The Notebook on social media?

My insomnia brain can't help but wonder just how amusing it would be to watch that with her, or any fundie princess for that matter. So. Much. DEFRAUDING. And I don't care, Ryan Gosling could wear the frumpiest of red polos and mom jeans, equipped with 3 cell phone belt clips and there would still be some definite sin in that camp...

What job does Alyssa's husband have, and do they live in the DC area or elsewhere? For that matter, what are the jobs of all of the men the Bates women married?

What job does Alyssa's husband have, and do they live in the DC area or elsewhere? For that matter, what are the jobs of all of the men the Bates women married?

Alyssa and John live in Florida. He works for the Webster family air conditioning business, which has to do extremely well since they live in Florida.

Brandon (Michael's inevitable husband) just finished school in November. No word yet on what he does.

Chad (Erin's husband) works for a metal company.

Did Kelly ever enforce a strict dress code like Michelle does? I also say good for Alyssa. She looks lovely in that picture. I think Kelly is more in tune with modern day dress which she realizes can be tasteful, pretty and modest at the same time without covering the body in a full burka or a long prairie dress.

In later years yes, but just last week they posted this little flashback. That is a shorts-wearing family!

http://instagram.com/p/x5N472Mbvp/?modal=true

Kelly wrote something about Alyssa wearing pants and sleeveless shirts on her blog. I've got the vibe that she's not super happy about it, but she knows Alyssa is a grown girl and she can't do anything about it. But it seems that the kids have to follow the dress code while visiting their parents

Kelly wrote something about Alyssa wearing pants and sleeveless shirts on her blog. I've got the vibe that she's not super happy about it, but she knows Alyssa is a grown girl and she can't do anything about it. But it seems that the kids have to follow the dress code while visiting their parents

Link?

Kelly wrote quite long responses to the people who asked about Alyssa's pants-wearing (the gal who and then qualified it by saying "I have young children and a 17-yo daughter who has expressed a desire to wear pants, and I want to know how you handle it!" cracks me up...please. You are just nosy like the rest of us.)...makes one think that Kelly has spent a lot of time thinking about it and that it is kind of a big deal to her.

Kelly wrote quite long responses to the people who asked about Alyssa's pants-wearing (the gal who and then qualified it by saying "I have young children and a 17-yo daughter who has expressed a desire to wear pants, and I want to know how you handle it!" cracks me up...please. You are just nosy like the rest of us.)...makes one think that Kelly has spent a lot of time thinking about it and that it is kind of a big deal to her.

And what about the poster (right above the two long posts on pants) that said they have quit watching the Bates' show because the skirts are TOO short and the shirts TOO tight? I nearly wet my pants!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And what about the poster (right above the two long posts on pants) that said they have quit watching the Bates' show because the skirts are TOO short and the shirts TOO tight? I nearly wet my pants!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that person isn't Poe-ing I really wonder what on earth she watches on television other than Little House on the Prairie reruns.

Reading between the lines of Kelly's pants post responses, I get the distinct sense she's not happy about having a trousers-wearing daughter.

Not that I think Alyssa's fashion sense is driven by anything but a desire to fit in with her in-laws better or perhaps to please her headship, but for some reason it pleases me that it displeases Kelly.

When you have that many kids, Kelly, you are bound to have a few who will stray from your ideals when they grow up, and some are going to stray further than others. Hell, odds are you have at least one future Democrat in that bunch...

I read her responses and she clearly says in the first one that the rules are enforced for the kids living in the house, not after. She also says she explains to the younger ones that the older, independent kids might do things differently but that while the younger ones are still living at home they have to follow the rules. She did not say when the older kids come home that they have to go back to skirts and such.

I thought her responses were good. She stresses that even if she and Gil disagreed with choices the kids make that they love their children through thick and thin. She talks about faith being fluid and being open to changes and also knowing what things need to stay the same. While I don't agree with her on what she 'believes" in, I do get the impression that if their kids went Fundie Lite, they would still be part of the family. I think if one of her kids didn't really follow religion much at all, she would accept them. I do think if they had a kid who was Gay, or living "in sin" or something very different from their beliefs it would be very hard for Gil and Kelly, but I think they would still love them. They might not ever be able to accept their lifestyle, but I think they would love them, probably in that condescending Love the Sinner, but hate the Sin kind of way.

I also don't think it displeases her much. She says that her relationship with her children goes deeper than what they wear, and I believe her. I think she might be displeased if they started dressing like Miley Cyrus or a Kardashian, but I think she is not losing any sleep over Alyssa's jeans and sleeveless shirt

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived