IGNORED

Jana Edited Out? Speculation Continues

LongDogMom

I don't understand why they would edit her out, when they knew that there were pictures out there that would contradict them.

I do agree, that perhaps Jana asked to be edited out of the episode. She does not seem to like to be in a lot of the filming sequences, so it could have just been her arrangement.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. I'd like to think it was her choice (the twins are rather camera shy). They have shown helpers visiting the smuggars with no quam before. Plus it wouldnt be hard to say, Jana wanted to go to the gender reveal, so they are carpooling.

She was definitely there though. David's YouTube video of the gender reveal shows her at the party.

36 minute mark of the episode or of David's Video?

Is the episode already on Youtube?

Of the episode- it is just a quick shot of her, but obvious it was her. (36 min. mark with commercials)

When the "DC Duggars" pull up to dave and Cil's house, there is a sign on the front door welcoming Josh, Anna, Mckynzie, Michael, and Marcus. Does it say Jana too or was she not sign-worthy? Anna is the new Michelle. She thinks she's important because her uterus spits out babies.

i'm thinking that jana just didn't want to be filmed. what really bothers me though is the outright lying. they have mentioned more than a few times that this was their first trip handling the kids without help, blah, blah. while camping, anna stated feeding '8 hungry people' (4 kids, 2 sets of parents), so that was another out and out lie. i just commented on this in another thread, but i guess this is the right one to post on this. i apologize for repeating myself, but i am really annoyed at this. last i heard, lying was not a very christian thing to do and i would be willing to bet that 'honest' is one of the character qualities taught at ati/iblp. geez louise! next we'll find out anna gave birth a month before jill and they just kept it quiet to boost ratings for baby dilly!

I went back and watched around the 36 minute mark. On my DVR it was a couple minutws later. If you watch carefully while Anna buckles the kids into the RV, through the window you will see Jana coming out the front door in a blue shirt, carrying a diaper bag.

I wonder if Smugger wanted the money for himself so he asked his sister not to be shown. She is still ok to be free babysitting, though. And they have no problem lying. Like none. Turns out they are liars.

This kind of editing on "reality" shows is really pissing me off. TLC is notorious for the most blatant editing "lies" out there. The Little Couple is full of fake edits.

If Anna had more kids I have no doubt that either a J'Slave or one of Anna's sister will come live with them. Anna is a better mom that J'Chelle, but she won't be able to handle a brood.

New here, though, I have been reading for a while.

First of all, I in no way think Anna is the new Michelle and that she thinks her s--t doesn't stink because her uterus can spit out babies. She in no way behaves like that.

Secondly, maybe Jana didn't want to be in the episode, maybe she has a friend in DC she wanted to visit and this was her chance. or, hell, even a "friend" in Chicago where Priscilla and David live. I don't see Josh pushing her out of the episode so he could get all the money, that doesn't seem right. Like her twin, maybe she just doesn't want every minute of her private life documented on camera. And, that would also be why Jana's name wasn't on the sign, not that she wasn't "worthy" :roll:

As for those of you who are angry at TLC for the editing, come on!!! Don't we know by now that all these shows edit? TLC, Bravo, etc? There is really no actually true reality show, tons of it is scripted and edited to the stations satisfaction. We have heard enough from Bravo people and TLC people that this goes on to know it.

Looking forward to being here!

As for those of you who are angry at TLC for the editing, come on!!! Don't we know by now that all these shows edit? TLC, Bravo, etc? There is really no actually true reality show, tons of it is scripted and edited to the stations satisfaction. We have heard enough from Bravo people and TLC people that this goes on to know it.

Welcome!! Oh you are right, we've know about this editing for a long time! What gets me is that there are so many other that have NO IDEA it's edited. My mother never used the internet, etc and she watched the Duggars for years and thought they were just this fun quirky family. I was like :roll:

A couple of things:

I dislike when they edit out unflattering elements for repeat episodes- How about you get it right and not put those things in the original episode....as an example, Jill saying that they didn't know if Cathy was going to make it at all. There was not reason for that to make the initial episode.

Also, if Jana does want to be filmed, then how about her not being there at all. Either you're in or you're out. So weird.

I can only imagine what next season will be like: wedding prep (TLC WE CAN ALL DO WITHOUT THIS), the wedding, Jill's blossoming belly, Anna, Jessa and who knows who else announcing pregnancies. Fun times in Duggarville High.

I just looked, and Jana was one of Prissy's bridesmaids. This definitely implies that they are close; friends, at the very least. It would not be out of place for Jana to want to go to her gender-reveal party. Why hide it??? I doubt she just *didnt* want to be filmed. What difference does one more episode in the season make? It would have been a nice storyline actually, Jana talking about her friendship with Priscilla.

TLC, Get Your Shit Together.

Even if she didn't want to be filmed, they didn't have to blatantly lie about her not being there. It could have been a quick, "Oh, and Jana's great friends with Pricilla and wanted to come with us to the reveal." Then moving on!

It seemed like they went out of their way to continue to say how they were at it alone. As referenced in another thread, the more you say it or try to convince others, probably the less true it likely is.

My dad always told me, "People with money don't talk about it. People without money talk about it constantly." So, in this case, people who talk about going it alone apparently are NOT.

I agree with others who wonder why they didn't just omit any reference to how many adults were on the trip instead of over and over and over trying to convince us they were alone...

I just had a scary thought, what if Jana was one of Gothard's victims?

I have thought that from the moment the story broke.

I just had a scary thought, what if Jana was one of Gothard's victims?

There was a rumor going around about her possibly being a victim when a different higher up cult leader got exposed for sexual assault. It had something to do with Journey of Hope...

But if she was a victim, wouldn't the organization AND the Duggars want to keep it under wraps from the public? Who says anyone has to know, except maybe her new husband?

i'm thinking that jana just didn't want to be filmed. what really bothers me though is the outright lying. they have mentioned more than a few times that this was their first trip handling the kids without help, blah, blah. while camping, anna stated feeding '8 hungry people' (4 kids, 2 sets of parents), so that was another out and out lie. i just commented on this in another thread, but i guess this is the right one to post on this. i apologize for repeating myself, but i am really annoyed at this. last i heard, lying was not a very christian thing to do and i would be willing to bet that 'honest' is one of the character qualities taught at ati/iblp. geez louise! next we'll find out anna gave birth a month before jill and they just kept it quiet to boost ratings for baby dilly!

what the heck :lol:

well i guess if they're going to be really honest they could have said 12 or 15, including the crew. I can't imagine how all this lying is affecting the kids.

I just looked, and Jana was one of Prissy's bridesmaids. This definitely implies that they are close; friends, at the very least. It would not be out of place for Jana to want to go to her gender-reveal party. Why hide it??? I doubt she just *didnt* want to be filmed. What difference does one more episode in the season make? It would have been a nice storyline actually, Jana talking about her friendship with Priscilla.

TLC, Get Your Shit Together.

But that's just it...I don't think Jana would WANT to talk about her friendship with Priscilla or her relationships with anyone. She's on the show because she's a "good daughter" and as part of the Duggar package doesn't really have a choice in the matter. It's not at all strange to me that given the opportunity she'd decline to even be mentioned in an episode. You think TLC wouldn't have been all over Jana going along on the road trip and made a big schmaltzy deal out her friendship with Priscilla? That makes no sense. Yeah, everyone lied to make this episode happen, but that "reality" tv. The shows are set up to have a similar format sitcoms, with a defined narrative arc. Jana didn't want to be on the episode but she was around---audiences would have balked at being told/shown that she was there but not part of the on-camera going-ons, so the most "logical" thing to do from that perspective is write a Josh/Anna story that doesn't include her.

Archived