IGNORED

Jana Edited Out? Speculation Continues

LongDogMom

The Duggars most likely won't appear without complete control over the questions asked. Any journalist worth their degree would never agree to it.

Imagine the fun if someone like Anderson Cooper got five minutes with them.

I would legitimately PAY half my life's savings to see that! AC does NOT fuck around! :cracking-up:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would legitimately PAY half my life's savings to see that! AC does NOT fuck around! :cracking-up:

They did in March of 2013 as promo for the new season. Alas it was not a grilling.

Considering the old scrapped Oprah episode, I think the Duggars probably learned a long time ago not to do interviews with anyone who's going to ask difficult questions. How great would it be if the first J'kid to run free did their first independent interview with Oprah? :D

All of these little lies done "just for convenience's sake" add up and very quickly make it seem like none of it is actually real at all. Of course, some of us might have known that for years, but I don't think the average viewer does. People turn against reality tv stars very quickly when they start to realize the things they see on tv aren't authentic.

It really upsets the image the Duggars have tried to portray...that they're honest, transparent, open books with their lives etc. People are starting to realize how fake it is, and I do think it is damaging to their fundie street cred. It makes it feel like they have something to hide. I really feel for whoever is going to be the first kid to "slip up" and do something un-Duggar-like, because tabloid sites will be on them like vultures.

I wish that some of the other media out there would pick up on this lie, rather than focusing on the dating lives of Jana or Jinger.

It would be interesting to hear their most loyal fans try to justify their lies, because after awhile, it truly gets ridiculous. This isn't a liberal media that did this to them, they did it to themselves. And that is the point. They chose to, or agreed to lie, on purpose, To FOOL their viewership. When you lie to dupe your followers it tends to backfire.

Considering the old scrapped Oprah episode

This keeps showing up over and over. There is no proof the alleged "Oprah interview" is anything more than the creation of the imagination of an internet poster.

This keeps showing up over and over. There is no proof the alleged "Oprah interview" is anything more than the creation of the imagination of an internet poster.

Whether the Oprah rumors floating around are true or not, it's pretty obvious in all of their interviews that every single question and talking point is determined beforehand. They'd never actually allow for any sort of open format interview.

I mean, I can understand wanting to know the questions beforehand if a child is being interviewed of course, but if it was say, just Jim Bob, Michelle or the adult kids, it's pretty absurd that all they can do is go to the Today Show and smile while they repeat the same things they do on every single episode of the show, and every promo, and every interview they've ever done...

My point is just that because of how overexposed they've been lately, I think their fakeness is showing a lot more. It was easier to hide several years ago.

Considering the old scrapped Oprah episode, I think the Duggars probably learned a long time ago not to do interviews with anyone who's going to ask difficult questions. How great would it be if the first J'kid to run free did their first independent interview with Oprah? :D

All of these little lies done "just for convenience's sake" add up and very quickly make it seem like none of it is actually real at all. Of course, some of us might have known that for years, but I don't think the average viewer does. People turn against reality tv stars very quickly when they start to realize the things they see on tv aren't authentic.

It really upsets the image the Duggars have tried to portray...that they're honest, transparent, open books with their lives etc. People are starting to realize how fake it is, and I do think it is damaging to their fundie street cred. It makes it feel like they have something to hide. I really feel for whoever is going to be the first kid to "slip up" and do something un-Duggar-like, because tabloid sites will be on them like vultures.

I'm going to try to say this less offensively, but I'm having a really hard time.

I'm asking as a genuine question-- Do people oreally think the things they see on reality shows are 100% accurate portrayals -or even 75% -of the casts minute-to-minute lives? I mean, even the most die hard fan or rabid hater or casual observer?

Because I'm just having a very difficult time wrapping my head around that concept. I mean, just time wise --- they go on a week long road trip , it boils down to what 40? minutes of actual footage? Including talking heads and flashbacks and those weird fact bubbles. Are we actually supposed to think we are seeing every detail of that trip? How would that even be possible? Or on other episodes -- of the parents interactions with the kids, or of Josie's development, or What Jana actually does with her time? Because how is that feasible?

Or with the other a Reality Shows -- are we supposed to really think all the teen moms are that poor -- when they, you know, get paid to be on the show. Or that all those plastic, rich "housewives" - who often don't even know each other before the show --really start out with all that drama and hatred towards each other?

I thought each family on each show is just supposed to be showing you a general overview of what their particular quirk is , not to be taken as some literal hidden camera on their actual, unvarnished -probably mostly incredibly boring -lives.

no, I don't think it is likely that reality shows are 100% accurate portrayals. And as long as they don't say, "this episode is true" then I think we all get that there is often very liberal editing.

But When both Josh and Anna said they were on their own, repeatedly, and no other Duggar family members were with them, then that is a flat out lie. Had they never said that, and now we were seeing piccies of Jana all over with them, I would probably just assume there was a reason Jana wasn't credited or filmed. It might have seemed odd for a second or two, but J&A went out of their way to lay down that lie.

And, I find that they lied about something that was so easily proven to be untrue, just shows how little they care for their viewers and fans. Maybe it is just Josh and Anna who feel like it is ok to directly lie? I mean, that whole episode where the personal trainer just happened to drop by, after Anna had cooked up enough food for an army, was such a set up, as was the episode where the in-laws show up a day early with all the kids in tow and expect a full thanksgiving dinner.

It is fine if the show is just a representation of them, or is "inspired by " real life events, but again, don't sit there in your talking head and make up a lie.

Obviously I really hate liars :D

I used to think so when I was younger. I mean, in a case like the Duggars road trip, I would know it had been edited a bit to shorten it. I also knew they probably edited out the boring parts of the day like the footage of them eating dinner, because who wants to hear 20+ people chewing food? Gross.

I also thought hat on supernanny some of the parents got anal about a lot of things just so they'd have something to punish their kid over.

But no, aside from all that, I really did used to think it was all real.

"

I'm asking as a genuine question-- Do people oreally think the things they see on reality shows are 100% accurate portrayals -or even 75% -of the casts minute-to-minute lives? I mean, even the most die hard fan or rabid hater or casual observer? "

Yes, many people really do think that. Obviously some parts of their lives are left out, but many, many people think the film crew is benevolent and are helping the Duggars, who are just trying to glorify their god all the time.

"

I'm asking as a genuine question-- Do people oreally think the things they see on reality shows are 100% accurate portrayals -or even 75% -of the casts minute-to-minute lives? I mean, even the most die hard fan or rabid hater or casual observer? "

Yes, many people really do think that. Obviously some parts of their lives are left out, but many, many people think the film crew is benevolent and are helping the Duggars, who are just trying to glorify their god all the time.

Alrighty then..... Putting the Duggar's aside - since they do have one of the objectively least dramatic lifestyles on reality television-- do you think the same can be said for these other shows?

Like WHY would these Teen Moms ALL be dirt poor and struggling to rent a basic apartment when they are paid performers on a series? And would they all be struggling so much with the basics of baby care and adjusting to parenthood? -- I know the whole point is to show how hard it is to be a teen mom-- but just common sense would tell you at least a few of them will take to motherhood like a duck to water. Admittedly I haven't watched all the episodes - so maybe I've missed something.

Or WHY would these so called " housewives" have a beef and drama out of the gate with every new cast member? How does that make any sense at all?

Do people believe these shows too?

Obviously most of reality TV is not real, hence why many people call BS on much of what some of these folks say and try to convince the viewing public of...we KNOW that much of what JB and Michelle claim is pure BS- buying used, chaperones at all times, no TV, music, dancing,or Internet.

The problem is the hypocrisy. Don't expect the viewing public to buy it all and then come back and say it was edited or only partially true.

The Duggars just need to admit that they say the crap they do to drive an agenda...and they are paid for such.

Nothing I see or hear denotes being morally superior or Godly. In fact, while they might worship a weirdo (Gothard) I see little spirituality or Christian tenets highlighted.

You cannot be special and deserving of a TV show because of X and then when called on the inconsistencies, cry "but it's not really a reality show."

It is different when your shtick is religion. Fabricating does matter where religion is concerned.

Alrighty then..... Putting the Duggar's aside - since they do have one of the objectively least dramatic lifestyles on reality television-- do you think the same can be said for these other shows?

Like WHY would these Teen Moms ALL be dirt poor and struggling to rent a basic apartment when they are paid performers on a series? And would they all be struggling so much with the basics of baby care and adjusting to parenthood? -- I know the whole point is to show how hard it is to be a teen mom-- but just common sense would tell you at least a few of them will take to motherhood like a duck to water. Admittedly I haven't watched all the episodes - so maybe I've missed something.

Or WHY would these so called " housewives" have a beef and drama out of the gate with every new cast member? How does that make any sense at all?

Do people believe these shows too?

The peddling of religion is totally different. Far more offensive to use religion as your vehicle of deceit in your quest for money and fame.

I'm asking as a genuine question-- Do people oreally think the things they see on reality shows are 100% accurate portrayals -or even 75% -of the casts minute-to-minute lives? I mean, even the most die hard fan or rabid hater or casual observer?

Because I'm just having a very difficult time wrapping my head around that concept. I mean, just time wise --- they go on a week long road trip , it boils down to what 40? minutes of actual footage? Including talking heads and flashbacks and those weird fact bubbles. Are we actually supposed to think we are seeing every detail of that trip? How would that even be possible?

Well, two things here: I don't know how the "real time" idea is equal to "reality." Of course nobody thinks we are seeing their life in real time, or live, or that we see every single moment; it's not Big Brother. A "real" reality show (which probably doesn't exist) would just mean, to me at least, that the producers/crew are spectators rather than writers pushing people toward fabricated scenarios. It wouldn't mean it was necessarily totally unedited, in real time etc., just that it was "unfiltered."

That said, it only takes a few minutes looking at the social media pages of the Duggars, Teen Mom, any reality stars really to see that yes, unfortunately, a lot of people DO assume that what we see on tv is real. How many 80 year old grandmas have we seen commenting on the 19 Kids facebook page defending the Duggars to the death when people call out inconsistencies or lies? And how many people somehow think the Long Island Medium is "real," or thought that John Edward was "real," or think everything they see on Montel or Maury is real?

I mean, it sucks, but I think a lot of people really lack the critical thinking skills that help most of us realize that a big chunk (and sometimes all) of what we see is fake.

A "real" reality show (which probably doesn't exist) would just mean, to me at least, that the producers/crew are spectators rather than writers pushing people toward fabricated scenarios. It wouldn't mean it was necessarily totally unedited, in real time etc., just that it was "unfiltered."

I think as long as a "reality show' isn't aired live 24/7, it will always be filtered. Because necessarily, a huge chunk will be left out, and the producers decide what we see. That is not somethig I would consider unfiltered.

That being said, I do agree that it would at least be "more real" if producers didn't tell the Duggars (or whomever) to "go wedding dress shopping in DC", but instead, the Duggars went wedding dress shopping somewhere in Arkansas and the producers could then decide whether or not viewers got to see that.

But then, what is "real" is a highly contested concept...

Were there any other men close Jana's age spotted tagging along? She could have a "special friend" in the DC area or secretly courting? Then again, Jana spending a lot of time with her brother's family could be a repeat of what happened to Susanna Keller.

Were there any other men close Jana's age spotted tagging along? She could have a "special friend" in the DC area or secretly courting? Then again, Jana spending a lot of time with her brother's family could be a repeat of what happened to Susanna Keller.

I've made the Susanna link myself, just because it is unusual for fundies to "send their daughters away" for any reason at all. It seems to usually signify that something is up. Your "job" is supposed to be to stay at home helping your parents, supposedly preparing for becoming a wife and mom - though of course the idea that Jana could have anything left to possibly be "trained" on is laughable.

I don't know if I can see Jana having a full-out rebellion, but I do think it is very possible she was just fed up and wanted a break. John David gets to do whatever he wants, so why not Jana?

The girls probably have friends in Chicago from their ATI connections, right? Maybe (hopefully?) she got to do something on this "vacation" beyond babysitting three young kids on an RV...

• 2 months later...

I think the distinction between

1. something being unreal to a degree because it's 3 days of footage cut to 40 mins

2. deliberate dishonesty in what is and isn't shown, like when the duggars extremist views, which are clearly a central part of their life, are totally edited out

3. flat out lying to everyone watching

is kind of important. We know it's scripted to a degree, we know they don't show us everything, we know there is very selective editing. Being flat out lied is very different.

And it's incredibly hypocritical what with all the preachy "christian values" stuff they have going on, and being upset about being lied to about that is perfectly legitimate.

I think the distinction between

1. something being unreal to a degree because it's 3 days of footage cut to 40 mins

2. deliberate dishonesty in what is and isn't shown, like when the duggars extremist views, which are clearly a central part of their life, are totally edited out

3. flat out lying to everyone watching

is kind of important. We know it's scripted to a degree, we know they don't show us everything, we know there is very selective editing. Being flat out lied is very different.

And it's incredibly hypocritical what with all the preachy "christian values" stuff they have going on, and being upset about being lied to about that is perfectly legitimate.

I get so mad when idiotic women at Church--educated enough to know better--say they wish their kids could be happy like the Duggars or that they want a big happy family like the Duggars [though always quick to clarify that they WON'T have 19!!] I just want to shake them.

I also think of all the mismash of time in the show. I remember they showed in Season 1 Josh visited the Kellers to plan the wedding. They showed the pillow with his and Anna's engagement picture on it BEFORE the photo was (according to the timeline in the episode anyway) even taken! Also there are many times when they are supposedly waking up that all have on street clothes. I'm guessing the boys sleep in their undies since its usually the boys shown waking up in full clothes. Stuff like that.....

I still don't think its too hard to believe that Jana tagged along because she and Priscilla are friends. But that she didn't REALLY help with the kids. Just because someone is present doesn't mean that they're helpful. And if the speculation that she was in another car was true, it's even harder to believe she was much help, since the hardest times traveling with kids are when the vehicle is in motion.

In reality shows all adults must be paid if they are a regular on the show(remember J&K+8 dumping the brother and SIL?) so for Josh and Anna to get the most of the pay for the episode they keep Jana out of it. I dont think Jana is very find of being filmed and prefers to stay out of the camera range same with JD. As adults they can avoid it as much as possible unless it comes down to the must attend things JB lays down the law for. Face it !9 Kids is supplementing Smuggars lifestyle quite a bit, he went for the real fancy RV rig up front rather than having to suffer with an ancient one like his parents did. Same with their furniture, clothes etc

The thing is, it's such a weird lie. It makes no sense. I know people on FJ like to snark on Josh & Anna for not being able to raise their own kids or whatever, but seriously, who in the real world would bat an eye at an aunt or uncle going along on a family vacation? Especially as Jana is good friends with Priscilla and they were going to her baby shower, her going along for the trip makes perfect sense. It's even nice, the kids get to spend some quality time with their aunt, Jana gets a break from the TTH, she gets to visit with her good friend, etc.

Literally the only reason to lie about it is that TLC had a storyline in mind, which is their usual stupid "How are Josh & Anna going to manage these THREE CHILDREN BY THEMSELVES??!!!" So they edited Jana out. Ridiculous. I fully believe that this was TLC's decision, not Josh/Anna/Jana's. Yes, they went along with it, and that's ridiculous too, but TLC created the plot and bent reality to suit it.

I am curious, besides at the Indiana state fair and in Chicago for Priscilla's and Pecan's baby gender party...what other pictures have surfaced showing Jana along on the trip? Reason I am asking is I live decently close to Priscilla (30-40 minutes) so I know the area. The Indiana State fair is only 4 hours from here (which in the United States is really not that far).

My point is that it is entirely possible that Jana flew to Chicago (for some kind of Journey to the Heart work possibly) and the gender party. As part of the trip she, and probably someone else, made their way to Indy state fair to hang with Josh and Anna. So yes she was there for part of their trip and not for the beginning.

Josh and Anna probably thought the show was two episodes one about their road trip, one about the gender party/visiting her sister. (and shouldn't we be grateful it was ONE episodes and NOT two?) Yes it is odd that they didn't at least say "hey and Jana was in Chicago, we were so grateful/blessed/it was sweet/God is so good to see her" . BUT for all we know Jana was NOT around when the camera crew was there, or flat out refused to participate. She might have been doing JTH work and was only at Priscilla's in the evenings, possibly she showed up at the state fair later since the footage looked like the camera crew was with them maybe an hour.

Just saying there are plausible explanations that don't involve a big made up story or out right lying.

If I remember right, there were fan photos of Jana at some of the stops on their trip along the way - maybe in Pennsylvania? It was somewhere that made it seem like she'd been on the bus with them, not just in Chicago, but I could be wrong.

Archived