• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's put Jana back into the eposode:

[attachment=1]10429265_465427586929860_6660838175912867053_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]1901737_465427790263173_5974921099093195208_n.jpg[/attachment]

LOL at the red cups.

Do you think beer pong was played? :naughty:

Josh looks like he drinks too much sweet coffee, or something. He needs to get out and run. :D i'm always a little jealous of guys, they don't have to worry about getting natural tans exercising outside because they look good anyway even if they end up weather beaten and rugged.

This kind of editing on "reality" shows is really pissing me off. TLC is notorious for the most blatant editing "lies" out there. The Little Couple is full of fake edits.

If Anna had more kids I have no doubt that either a J'Slave or one of Anna's sister will come live with them. Anna is a better mom that J'Chelle, but she won't be able to handle a brood.

Off topic, but what kind of edits have been exposed about the Little Couple? Not surprised it is heavily edited, but I am curious.

Could it have to do with contracts/payment/money? Like Jana had only been contracted to be in or paid for so many episodes so wasn't "allowed" to be in the Josh and Anna epi? Does TLC work like that?

Off topic, but what kind of edits have been exposed about the Little Couple? Not surprised it is heavily edited, but I am curious.

Nothing scandalous of course. Lots of dubbed in words and blurbs from the kids making them seem more advanced and/or clever than they really are. Huge discrepancies in time-lines. Doing things "for real" and then "for the show" like holidays, celebrations etc. Inconsistencies over the seasons of the "whys and what-fors" of various things that happened or decisions made. It's a cute show but not "reality" at all.

I don't blame Jana for not wanting to be filmed every time there are cameras. She didn't choose this and doesn't seem to enjoy being filmed.

I'm NOT a fan of the idea that Jana not wanting to be filmed equals Jana isn't there. Why couldn't Josh or Anna just say "and Jana's with us, because she's friends with Priscilla too" and leave it at that?

Well, I think everyone can agree Jana was physically present but not in the episode.

I suppose, it could be that she met them in Chicago and did not go on the actual road trip.

But - anyway -

1) There would have been a chaperone available for her if she rode in the car with the crew because (from the photo at the tower in Chicago) - there were two female producers in the crew...

2) I think the decision to not have her in the episode was probably on the part of the producers - because

A) Jana is already viewed as a J'Salve, Cinder-Jana, and this only perpetuates that...

B) It's a far more interesting story line to have the storyline be Josh/Anna "on their own" - it ups the drama for their mishaps...

and mostly

C) It just looks AWKWARD and weird for a single woman in her mid-20s to go camping with two married couples. Talk about ulitmate 5th wheel. The producers don't want to show that! They want this to seem wholesome and normal - not cult-like...

I don't think it was so much Jana's decision to not be in the episode as it was the producers of the show- and no doubt, they coached (told) Josh/Anna what to say every step along the way in their interview bites...

I don't blame Jana for not wanting to be filmed every time there are cameras. She didn't choose this and doesn't seem to enjoy being filmed.

I'm NOT a fan of the idea that Jana not wanting to be filmed equals Jana isn't there. Why couldn't Josh or Anna just say "and Jana's with us, because she's friends with Priscilla too" and leave it at that?

Because they're the Duggars. Nothing is logical.

Well, I think everyone can agree Jana was physically present but not in the episode.

I suppose, it could be that she met them in Chicago and did not go on the actual road trip.

But - anyway -

1) There would have been a chaperone available for her if she rode in the car with the crew because (from the photo at the tower in Chicago) - there were two female producers in the crew...

2) I think the decision to not have her in the episode was probably on the part of the producers - because

A) Jana is already viewed as a J'Salve, Cinder-Jana, and this only perpetuates that...

B) It's a far more interesting story line to have the storyline be Josh/Anna "on their own" - it ups the drama for their mishaps...

and mostly

C) It just looks AWKWARD and weird for a single woman in her mid-20s to go camping with two married couples. Talk about ulitmate 5th wheel. The producers don't want to show that! They want this to seem wholesome and normal - not cult-like...

I don't think it was so much Jana's decision to not be in the episode as it was the producers of the show- and no doubt, they coached (told) Josh/Anna what to say every step along the way in their interview bites...

I think I saw pictures of her with them at the Indiana State Fair, so she must have traveled with them, at least part of the way. I suppose she could have flown into the Indianapolis Airport, and then Josh and Anna picked her up there, stopped at the fair, and then drove to Chicago.

The only way I will "forgive" TLC for this extremely blatant lie, that they obviously didn't even try to cover up, is if perhaps this is part of a VSE for Jana going on a trip on her "own" to visit her friend. Perhaps they were filming her part of the trip simultaneously and will feature it later. I doubt this, but who knows.

If TLC, Josh and Anna, and I guess Jana by her silence, are going to lie about her being with them on a trip, then they should have all agreed not to film her or take pictures of her and then post them to social media. It just really makes all of them look really bad. And it just completely casts a doubt on the rest of the episodes, past and future, for any truth at all. If they have so blatantly lied about this, then how many other millions of smaller lies or better hidden lies have they told their viewing public.

And as I said before, this particular lie seems odd, because there is just no sense to it. It wasn't something controversial they were hiding, it is just odd.

Even if Jana didn't want to be filmed or if her TLC contract didn't include this episode, Josh and Anna could have stopped with the lies about being on their own, etc. They could have just not mentioned it all, but that is a lie of omission. Or they could have just said, that Jana joined them for part of the trip because she was invited to the party by Priscilla. "Nuff said, and I think most would have assumed that Jana, who is typically quiet anyway, just didn't want to be in the spotlight, especially since it was a J&A VSE.

Maybe Jana was working at ATI in Indiana and she met up with them. They didn't include her because then they would have to mention where she was and that's bad PR.

But - anyway -

and mostly

Those are really good points. We know TLC and Duggars change things in response to online criticisms, so it makes a lot of sense that they're finally trying to do something about the "Cinder-Jana" perception. And yes, it's weird as hell for a grown woman to be the fifth wheel in a camping trip. Whoever made the decision, editing Jana out was definitely a mutually beneficial move.

I guess I'm just not that concerned over the blatant lying, since I perceive pretty much everything all the teens and adults say publicly to be a lie/carefully scripted. It rarely happens, but it's pretty obvious when we see a spontaneous reaction out of any of them, because it's so vastly different from how they usual are on screen.

Because they're the Duggars. Nothing is logical.

There is certainly that. I want to believe that Josh and Anna would be more willing to respect her lack of enthusiasm for being filmed than JB&M. Or that the film crew knows that she really doesn't like it and THEY actually respect her wishes.

Perhaps she did not go with them camping though? Would she have been allowed to stay alone at Prissy's house overnight while the couples were away?

Perhaps she did not go with them camping though? Would she have been allowed to stay alone at Prissy's house overnight while the couples were away?

Not unless the rules have changed, which with JB in charge they are prone to do. Remember when the family was living in LR and the girls traveled back home to check on the house and the adult boys? They had to stay at Josh and Anna's IIRC as girls staying home alone was not allowed. Is GM allowed to stay home alone?

The adult girls were not allowed to stay alone, weren't the adult boys there?? I skipped the entire "Josie" season as it was too painful to watch.

Wait a minute... I knew that one girl wouldn't be allowed to stay home alone, because no accountability partner. But there were actually several of them and they still couldn't stay at their house? What the... (Sorry, didn't watch that season either.)

Since Boob is an exec. producer of the show I wonder if he tells the editors to chop certain adult offspring out (or do their best not to film them in the first place) as punishment. If the chidult (marvelous word) doesn't appear in an episode then they don't get paid, right (not sure how it works)? We only saw the back of Josiah for a second when we knew he was home (a casual viewer probably wouldn't have noticed) and now no Jana when we know where she is. So, could Boob be exacting retribution for some reason?: "You don't play by the rules so you don't get filmed so you don't get any money."

The adult girls were not allowed to stay alone, weren't the adult boys there?? I skipped the entire "Josie" season as it was too painful to watch.

I think the Adult boys were living at home with each other as their accountability partners but were being fed by Anna because cooking is not up to them. :angry-banghead:

Mysogyny is a thing in this family. It's the women you can't trust.

EXCUSE ME it's not 1950 Duggars!!!!!

Well, whatever the reason - one thing is clear: the Duggars are/were complicit in the lying involved in this episode - not only by omission but also by Josh and Anna saying they were "going it alone" - etc. It is VERY un-Christian of them and not authentic in any way... Not judging them here - it's just when you base your whole persona on being Christian and honest, you can't then just lie about something so innocuous. It just makes the viewer question EVERYTHING, kwim? :naughty:

Mel, your avie made me snort out loud at work! :laughing-rolling:

I haven't seen a photo of Jana in a while. She is so very pretty.

And Josh sure fell off the wagon. And then obviously ate it. He was looking a lot healthier for a while. Maybe it's just a bad pic or bad angle, but I dunno. He has that unhealthy greasy tint to him, like he did way back when he was posting fast food photos on Instagram several times a day.

Mel, your avie made me snort out loud at work! :laughing-rolling:

I haven't seen a photo of Jana in a while. She is so very pretty.

And Josh sure fell off the wagon. And then obviously ate it. He was looking a lot healthier for a while. Maybe it's just a bad pic or bad angle, but I dunno. He has that unhealthy greasy tint to him, like he did way back when he was posting fast food photos on Instagram several times a day.

Diet is a bad word. They're quick fixes that don't work in the long run. Small and steady lifestyle changes are what work.

Also we can't all have the body we had when we were 17 Josh. I'm sorry, but it's true.

I actually would wonder if this is more of a they don't want their adult sons and daughters staying alone TOGETHER. Josh and Anna were safe since Anna is there. The girls have traveled in pairs like that road trip they went on to Chicago or whatever. And I'm sure Jana and Jill have been up overnight at a birth. Don't the Duggars also not allow siblings of the opposite sex to see each other in their pajamas and encourage even siblings to side hug? Perhaps they're worried about some sort of incest occurring or even just rumors starting about incest. Considering they've had some pretty nasty rumors before about Josh molesting sisters I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to create a scenario where people could make comments about what was really happening when the older kids were alone.

Archived