IGNORED

Jana Edited Out? Speculation Continues

LongDogMom

Starcasm today had an article about the Duggars and noted that Jana apparently went along on Josh and Anna's road trip but appeared to be edited out, with Josh noting that it was his and Anna's first trip on their own. Does anyone know anything about this?

" In tonight’s show, Josh Duggar continues his family road-trip as questions come up about whether Anna Duggar is pregnant. The actual purpose of the trip is to attend Anna’s sister Priscilla Waller’s gender reveal party. Spoiler alert: It’s a girl! Priscilla and husband David Waller welcomed baby Davia Lynn Waller on Nov. 12. They are also parents to 20-month-old Paul.Interestingly, Jana Duggar went along for the road trip, but was edited out of last week’s episode… Josh even made a big deal about it being his family’s first cross-country trip on their own."

http://starcasm.net/archives/296475

Some of the comments seem to be speculation that Jana might have had an indiscretion with a boy and that's why she's not courting etc. I don't think so, but who knows?

The article also talks about the Duggars visiting College of the Ozarks near Branson, Missouri. I quote:

“Every student gets work experience as part of their education and they even have their own dairy farm, bakery and restaurant,†they said on Facebook. The kids even got to learn about weaving and dairy-farming. (Wouldn’t it be great if Jim Bob and Michelle were so impressed they actually allow a few of their kids to go there?)"

One can only hope! I find it strange that the Duggars won't even consider a Christian college? Even the Bates allowed some of their kids to attend one for music. Does anyone know why the Duggars are so against higher education?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On-screen, their black Suburban was following their RV into the Amish fruit stand, and then again when they pulled up to meet the reenactor at Gettysburg. Will be interesting to see if they edit that out on the repeats.

:greetings-waveyellow: Hi Jana! :greetings-waveyellow:

On-screen, their black Suburban was following their RV into the Amish fruit stand, and then again when they pulled up to meet the reenactor at Gettysburg. Will be interesting to see if they edit that out on the repeats.

:greetings-waveyellow: Hi Jana! :greetings-waveyellow:

So was Jana riding with the crew? Did she have a buddy team in tow? We know she was not out cruising the open road alone.

I'm really curious about why they chose to edit her out. Surely they don't think the Smugger family is that big of a ratings draw? Wouldn't advertising Jana help with ratings?

I only see one comment speculating about Jana maybe having a tryst. Perhaps I'm missing some comments in my browser. The comment is completely baseless, and sounds utterly ridiculous...maybe this person is just trying to urge media outlets to write more CinderJana stories to put the pressure on DimBob. Maybe Jana REALLY DOESN'T want to court yet, and DimBob will push her into it if he feels pressured by the media (and by Bin's dad). So this kind of thing might cause exactly the wrong outcome for Jana. :angry-banghead:

Here's the comment, with spelling errors corrected:

"I'm starting to think (and I'm only guessing) that Jana has already "been with" a guy or been inappropriate with a guy before marriage and therefore isn't "pure" according to Duggar standards. If she were to court on the show publicly then Jim Bob and Michelle would have no choice to disclose that deep dark secret or potentially be caught lying. Sooo... their remedy? Don't allow her to court at all. She's obviously being held back for some reason."

I'm really curious about why they chose to edit her out. Surely they don't think the Smugger family is that big of a ratings draw? Wouldn't advertising Jana help with ratings?

Perhaps to avoid any further CinderJana backlash? Jana is already being seen as the "helpmeet to the helpmeets" aka a free nanny service for the married women of the Duggar family. Helping her own mother/family is somewhat understandable in the context of "chores", but Anna (and potentially Jill/Jessa) would raise awkward questions, even from other Fundies.

Plus citing that she went along on the roadtrip to help with the kids would raise awkward questions that wouldn't fit with the narrative like:

--Why does Anna need so much help with only 3 kids?

--Why, if Anna cannot handle 3 kids on her own, is she looking to add more?

--Why doesn't Josh help out more instead of Jana?

--Can you continue to add kids so fast if you do not have access to free labor?

I only see one comment speculating about Jana maybe having a tryst. Perhaps I'm missing some comments in my browser. The comment is completely baseless, and sounds utterly ridiculous...maybe this person is just trying to urge media outlets to write more CinderJana stories to put the pressure on DimBob. Maybe Jana REALLY DOESN'T want to court yet, and DimBob will push her into it if he feels pressured by the media (and by Bin's dad). So this kind of thing might cause exactly the wrong outcome for Jana. :angry-banghead:

Here's the comment, with spelling errors corrected:

"I'm starting to think (and I'm only guessing) that Jana has already "been with" a guy or been inappropriate with a guy before marriage and therefore isn't "pure" according to Duggar standards. If she were to court on the show publicly then Jim Bob and Michelle would have no choice to disclose that deep dark secret or potentially be caught lying. Sooo... their remedy? Don't allow her to court at all. She's obviously being held back for some reason."

You're right. That was the main comment. Lower down I saw this one:

"She's scared that the family will disown her just like they did Anna's unwed sister who had a daughter last year or the year before.....ever wonder why Susanna isn't talked about?"

It seems like she is sort of agreeing with the first comment, but either way, I don't believe there's any real basis for their speculation anyways. I think people are just wondering why it appears as if Jana has been passed over, although there's no rule that courtship has to go in order from oldest to youngest! As you say...maybe Jana isn't interested right now, or hasn't been interested in any of the guys who have been interested in courting her, etc.

I think people just feel badly for her and are looking for any little thing to latch on to that might seem to explain why such a beautiful young woman doesn't have guys banging down her door and is instead home without any male attention being a mom to her siblings and being loaded with housework, etc. Just feels wrong. Janarella indeed. Plus I think a lot of people really like Jana and wish she would find someone really nice to take her away from all that.

Could it have been the film crew following in a Suburban? Was it Josh's for sure?

So was Jana riding with the crew? Did she have a buddy team in tow? We know she was not out cruising the open road alone.

They wouldn't allow her to ride with the male (they are all men, aren't they?) crew without a chaperone, would they??!!! :pink-shock:

Editing Jana out is a stupid thing for TLC to do. Guess they didn't want all the sticky questions of why Anna and Josh would be having more kids if they can't handle the 3 the already have. I secretly hope that Anna wants Jana in D.C. with them to get her away from the Duggar compound. Anna sincerely seemed horrified that Jana had to do all that sewing for the wedding. In any case, taking care of 3 kids who have a hands-on mom is still better than taking care of all of Jim Bob and Michelle's younger kids.

As a vehemently pro-choice person, I feel like a hypocrite harping on this, but if anything, the Duggars' show highlights how it is neither physically nor financially possible for 2 parents to successfully parent and raise mega numbers of children.

Josh and Anna have a 5,3 and 1 year old. Do they really need to be adding more at this point? They have 2 healthy sons and a beautiful daughter-what more are they looking for? Can they do more for and with 10 kids than they can for the 3 they have?

Free will and logic man.

If JB and Michelle had, Josh, JD, Joe, Josiah, Jed and Jer first, would they have had 19 kids? Would the boys have been forced into the roles of Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger?

Another thing. Josh started his DC job in late June 2013. He took time off for Jill's wedding and then the 2 weeks for the Chicago trip. I wonder how much vacation time Josh gets at his job? I am sure I am missing other visits...like during the auction and Jessa's wedding.

Lots of time off.

It might not be so much as editing Jana out as trying to show that Josh and Anna can take care of their family alone.

But that would be a blatant lie, then.

If JB and Michelle had, Josh, JD, Joe, Josiah, Jed and Jer first, would they have had 19 kids? Would the boys have been forced into the roles of Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger?

They would have either had far fewer kids or altered their lifestyle and had the older boys handle traditionally female jobs. The Arndts had 10 boys before the first girl came along and this is what they did. Boys cook, clean, do laundry and even knit. But the Arndts aren't Gothardites or typical Protestant fundies (they started off as Catholics) and I tend to doubt the Duggars would deviate from strict gender role assignments. Nor is Michelle as competent and efficient as Mommy Arndt.

I also think the Duggars may have stopped trying so hard to have more if the show had not come along. The show was a huge enabler, and not just in a financial sense. (and Counting, Michelle. Keep 'em comin'. Can you get an even 20?)

The Duggars also lucked out (from their standpoint) with the way the chips fell. First born a son and the "leader" of the siblings. Then four girls in short succession to help with the slew of howlers that followed. And finally, four little girls to eventually help tend to their parents as they age. They couldn't have planned it better if they tried.

Another thing. Josh started his DC job in late June 2013. He took time off for Jill's wedding and then the 2 weeks for the Chicago trip. I wonder how much vacation time Josh gets at his job? I am sure I am missing other visits...like during the auction and Jessa's wedding.

Lots of time off.

I doubt that his colleagues miss him. If I worked for FRC and had a legitimate and accredited college education and I saw Lord Smuggar of the Douche here waltz in and become one the main public faces for the organization, I would be livid.

I don't get how having Jana around would prove that they can't handle their kids. I don't even understand why some people here are claiming that. It's been normal throughout human history for parents to get help with their children from other family members. The idea that the nuclear family should function as an insular self-sustaining unit is foreign even to most modern western families. Frankly I think Jana's been staying with them partly to help them out, partly to get away from the crowd in Arkansas for a while, and she probably went along on the road trip partly to help them but mainly because she wanted to go to Priscilla's party - remember, she and Priscilla are pretty good friends. So I really can't fathom why TLC edited her out. It makes absolutely no sense.

I don't think TLC was concerned about portraying the Smuggars as incapable of managing their kids (to the contrary, that will probably be subtly worked into storylines if they have more kids and the show stays on the air.) I think it simply would have made for a less interesting road trip. Most or all of the roadblocks they encountered on the road to Chicago were probably staged as it was, and Jana being there may have lessened the faux drama.

I think it's as simple as Jana not wanting to be in the episode and since she wasn't in Arkansas and no one else in the family was around it was an easy option for all involved. Casual viewers aren't going to know that Jana was edited out of a Josh/Anna episode, but those same viewers would wonder where she was if the episode was about the main family.

Plus, wasn't she Priscilla's bridesmaid? I assume that means they're close, so she'd want to go to the gender reveal and since Josh and Anna were going she had the necessary chaperones. Her helping with the kids is just a side effect. My sister and her husband can handle their two kids just fine...doesn't mean I don't help out when I visit them or they visit me. That's what even non-dysfunctional families do.

I saw the latest episode and if Jana was on the trip then that would explain why Priscilla set out five plates on the picnic table when they were camping. It seemed rather odd that she did that since there were officially four adults and four children on the trip.

I noticed a lot of angles were weird. Like when they were walking at Gettysburg. They had a huge gap on Josh's side, but almost cut the General out of the shot. There were a few others that seemed off too but that was the main one that stuck out.

Archived