IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

I think it's a beautiful photo of Jill, and I'll be honest and say I would wear that sweater (though my sweater taste is known to be questionable)!

But it makes me sad because without knowing the Duggars, I would have pegged this photo as a young mother and her son without a second thought. I can't imagine losing your mother figure and watching her start her "real" family all in one fell swoop. I would feel so abandoned.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an ugly sweater! I actually think she looks more tired and has a worry in her eyes..... When was this taken?

My dad before he retired was an Engineer and he and his work buddies always used to wear the WORST sweaters. Their wives usually knitted them for them lol. However the ugly sweater thing died in the 90's for them and they became a bit more fashionable when they discovered things like Polo Ralph Lauren and such. Dad's now retired, but he's dressed much better these days! No more of the shorts and short sleeved business shirts with high socks. Yuck!

What an ugly sweater! I actually think she looks more tired and has a worry in her eyes..... When was this taken?

It was taken today. Jill posted another shot of her having lunch with her hubby wearing the same sweater - http://instagram.com/p/voZGiOLs1d/ (don't know how to bring the photo over)

Apparently there's a lot of fashionistas on this board, LOL. ;) I like the sweater! Up close it looks very sparkly and festive, totally (as Jill would say) appropriate for this time of the year. Of course she and Derick are matching. I wonder if they coordinate their outfits every morning? :lol: I could also do without the match-matchy jewelry but I can't really snark on her wanting to wear that heart necklace Derick gave her pretty much everywhere. Though Derick if you're reading this - perhaps it's about time to invest in another piece of jewelry for your wife, maybe for Christmas? A woman gotta have options, you know.

By the way, the kid with Jill in the other photo is Jackson.

My vote is that she's wearing one of Derick's sweaters. I don't think the pattern's too bad, maybe she's just cold and doesn't care. I was a lot more interested in comfort than beauty when I was pregnant.

I wonder if Derick has a new job. I worked at Walmart during Christmas season about five or six years ago. Even the office employees wore the standard khaki with dark blue top. Maybe he works at HQ and it's different?

Can't read his lanyard but it doesn't look like it says walmart.

I wonder if Derick has a new job. I worked at Walmart during Christmas season about five or six years ago. Even the office employees wore the standard khaki with dark blue top. Maybe he works at HQ and it's different?

He does work at HQ. I'm almost certain that is a WalMart lanyard it has that yellow star thingy that they've been using lately.

I think it's a beautiful photo of Jill, and I'll be honest and say I would wear that sweater (though my sweater taste is known to be questionable)!

I thought she looked really pretty too! I like how she has her hair and makeup in this picture. I liked the sweater too, but I've always kind of had a tacky taste in sweaters...

It's Walmart backwards.

I have to say that Jill is on trend with that sweater. Over sized funky printed sweaters are in style now.

I have to say that Jill is on trend with that sweater. Over sized funky printed sweaters are in style now.

I was waiting for this.

True, but I doubt Jill has a clue what's "on trend" - merely a fashion accident.

Sweaters

How long had Derick been JB's prayer partner? Maybe this whole thing was in the ideas of the producers for months. We know Michelle sits down in meetings (weekly, iirc) with the producers, surely JB does as well to plan out the season. Do the Duggars turn over their entire schedule? Do the Duggars' friends know if they're being eyed for potential show fodder? I wonder if the producers have a storyboard somewhere with a lot of the Duggar's contacts and friends, stringing together storylines, or at least, looking out for potential. What if the producers were like, wink wink, this guy who's your prayer partner could be a good hubby! Is he going on any mission trips anytime soon? Does he need funds to get there? Let's contact that country and see if we can bring a film crew! They probably keep tabs on all of the Duggars' family. They taped that lame RV trip with David & Pris's baby announcement, and suddenly David & Pris have an FB fanpage. :think:

It's very clear to me that Jill and Derick were courting before the Nepal trip. Remember, we know that the Duggars and Cathy were on the same charity. So, they all knew each other, and Derick asked JB to be his prayer partner because he developed a crush on Jill. I don't buy JB's side of the story at all. Plus, when Jill and Derick met in Nepal, it was obvious that wasn't their first meeting. You just can't fake that kind of emotion and chemistry.

Yeah, I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just can't help myself.....LOL!

It's very clear to me that Jill and Derick were courting before the Nepal trip. Remember, we know that the Duggars and Cathy were on the same charity. So, they all knew each other, and Derick asked JB to be his prayer partner because he developed a crush on Jill. I don't buy JB's side of the story at all. Plus, when Jill and Derick met in Nepal, it was obvious that wasn't their first meeting. You just can't fake that kind of emotion and chemistry.

Yeah, I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just can't help myself.....LOL!

The lying and misleading that goes on with the Duggars is unsavory.

I think you must be right that there was more going on, and/or for longer. Most people would kind of freeze up when actually meeting an online romance for the first time, not run right at them.

Jill's reaction was not that of someone she was meeting and seeing for the first time. Especially someone raised in the background she comes from, where women are not to be "forward" and my God, most especially not to be forward or flirty towards men.

Jill's reaction was not that of someone she was meeting and seeing for the first time. Especially someone raised in the background she comes from, where women are not to be "forward" and my God, most especially not to be forward or flirty towards men.

I totally agree. If they really did first meet in Nepal, what we saw was not the actual first meeting. This one was probably recreated to be so perfect....

I totally agree. If they really did first meet in Nepal, what we saw was not the actual first meeting. This one was probably recreated to be so perfect....

I don't doubt that for a second. Not sure if they met in person before she and JB went to Nepal, but if they didn't, what we saw sure as hell wasn't actually their first glimpse of each other. No way Jose.

I don't know... I mean, when I first met my friend J in real life, my first reaction really WAS to rush up and give him a hug.

But then, I was probably on a lot more drugs than Jill has ever been on, and had just been through what I consider a traumatic experience (flying, to me, is a traumatic experience.)

So I think it varies from person to person as to what the first reaction will be, but this being a tv show, they probably did do a bunch of retakes. Or maybe hey just TOLD Jill what she was going to do.

I don't doubt that for a second. Not sure if they met in person before she and JB went to Nepal, but if they didn't, what we saw sure as hell wasn't actually their first glimpse of each other. No way Jose.

Why would anyone go to the other side of world just to meet your crush?

Did you guys miss the part where they'd been skyping and talking on the phone regularly for months? There's no need for conspiracy theories. It wasn't their first glimpse of each other (even if they hadn't met in person) and they never tried to suggest otherwise. Why would they? They also never implied that it was just a crush at that point. They made it abundantly clear that the relationship was getting serious and Jill thought he might be 'the one'. Isn't there enough to criticize about these people without having to make stuff up? It's getting to the point where you're not even attacking the Duggars, you're attacking strawmen of your own creation.

I had never heard of the side hug until I started watching the Duggars. Even the fundies in my family do full frontal hugs. Oh, and a full frontal hug doesn't lead to "desires that can't be righteously fulfilled". I have hugged many men who weren't relatives, and it was just a greeting. Now, when I hug my fiancee, that usually does lead to desires that are fulfilled, righteous or not, but always mutual.

I met someone I had been talking to, texting, video chatting, etc. daily for months in person for the first time recently. It wasn't like Jill and Derrick at all. I mean, sure, I was excited to see him and hug him, but there was a certain awkwardness and unease that comes with physically being introduced to someone. It was little things, like the slight hesitation when you go in for a hug because you aren't sure how that person hugs and you're trying not to screw it up. It's different being physically in someone's presence, and usually you have to kind of...adjust(?) to that.

I'm not saying it has to be like that for everyone, but as I have been in the same situation, I understand why people would find the Jill and Derrick meeting to seem fake. I don't necessarily doubt the story (or I don't care enough to doubt it), but personally, I don't think the filmed meeting was ACTUALLY the first meeting. I just think they re-created the shot.

People aren't being crazy, that's just not (generally) how people act when they meet each other for the first time in person, no matter how long they've been talking. Maybe J and D are just the outliers and it's 100% the honest to Jim Bob truth, but I get where the suspicion is coming from.

Archived