IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

I sometimes think that the Duggars are seeing how tacky they can possibly be at these weddings, so maybe they will!

I wonder if Jill's buddy team had input and a vote for determining the name ala the Duggar tradition?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that they announce the name at Jessa's wedding :D

I think they'll have a baby shower cake there for her...

I called Ricky Bobby in the last thread on this subject, LOL.

RickBob :lol:

A name that leads to Ricky Bobby or Rick James would be just too perfect :D

I wouldn't be surprised if they went for a biblical first name and a family middle name. Noah is a very popular/trendy name right now... I can see them naming the baby Noah Richard or Noah James.

I think they should name him Dilbert Dillard. LOL

Lol! Might I suggest the following?

- Willard Dillard

- Millard Dillard

I see Jill as the type of girl that will go for a "vintage" name, since that seems to be her style; something along the lines of Julian, Sebastian, Reuben, Emmett, Everett, Fred, Archie, Max, Douglas, Lawrence, Henry, and Arthur. Or, I could see her going with a name that's really preppy, like Blake, Tristan, Brady, Brody, Chase, Spencer, Sawyer, Preston, Pryce, Bryce, or Mitch.

I vote for Jolyon, as in the Forsyte Saga. No reason to think Jill has ever heard this name and we certainly don't need more Js but the name always sounds a little bit naughty to me.

10 bucks says if they name him that it'll be so Mullet and Boob can honk-honk about their "lost baby" ... maybe in exchange for use of the house...

I would totally take that deal if I were them. I'd name my firstborn after my parents' miscarried child in exchange for a fully paid-for house as nice as Dill's (not just a house for temporary use, and it would probably have to be more 2,000 sq. ft. unless it was in the city.)

Yeah, I'd do that. Unless I absolutely despised the name. It would have to be a heinous name; I'm house-greedy.

:shifty-kitty:

I see Jill as the type of girl that will go for a "vintage" name, since that seems to be her style; something along the lines of Julian, Sebastian, Reuben, Emmett, Everett, Fred, Archie, Max, Douglas, Lawrence, Henry, and Arthur. Or, I could see her going with a name that's really preppy, like Blake, Tristan, Brady, Brody, Chase, Spencer, Sawyer, Preston, Pryce, Bryce, or Mitch.

or william. willy/billy dilly.

I have been thinking about how quickly Jill and Derick got pregnant, and while we have all thought it related back to the Duggar's attitudes about having as many babies as possible as quickly as possible, I did have another thought.

I wonder if Jill and Derick wanted a baby as soon as possible because of Derick's Mom's illness? If they are concerned that she may not survive this, or even if she does has a high risk or recurrence, maybe they felt like they wanted to start a family sooner rather than later, so she could get to know her grandkids?

I am sure that the QF belief system played a role in it as well, but I just wondered if their concerns about Mrs. Dillard's health may have made them feel like they needed to get started sooner rather than later.

This was Derick and Jill's thought process: "We are not going to use birth control. We are going to leave the number of children we have up to God. Yay!"

And this is what happened: They got married. They started having sex. A week later she ovulated, and she got pregnant.

You don't decide when or for what reasons you're going to have a baby if you're one of these people. Unless you have fertility problems or marital problems, you just have sex and it happens. She almost certainly would have gotten pregnant within 6 months or so of her wedding whether she was trying or not.

You are probably right, but I know a lot of very religious people who love big families, and most of them do postpone the first pregnancy, albeit with NFP, for 6 mos to a year, just to let them settle in to the Husband and Wife situation. Though to be fair, most of those women are also working outside of the home, at least until the baby arrives. I guess in Jill's case, with no plan to work, having a baby right away at least will give her a sense of purpose and keep her busy. I can't imagine being newly married and a stay at home wife with no kids at all.

At my age now, with my kids nearly grown, I often fantasize about taking a year off of my job, after my youngest leaves for college, just so I could have the house to myself, take on some projects to deep clean, reorganize and re-do my home, but I wouldn't have wanted to do that when I was 23 years old.

I can understand, to a degree why Jill may seem clingy with Derick, as she probably has no close friends near her, and she is used to being surrounded by 15-20 people at all times. Derick is her only source of socialization, other than her family, whom she probably visits with often as well.

Hopefully after she has the baby, maybe she will eventually wander into some Mom and Me classes, or something, where she can meet other young moms, and start to have a social network that isn't fully reliant on Derick or the Duggar Clan.

Jill isn't my fave of the Kids, but I think calling her Klingon (which I will admit is pretty effing creative), is a bit unfair, given that she really is going through a huge transition. She is going from being unable to go anywhere alone, to being "forced" to spend large amounts of time completely alone. She is dealing with pregnancy hormones, which can make you feel clingy, cranky, emotional and irritated all at once, and just getting used to being married, which, as I recall, was a challenging time. 30 years later, I can still remember those first several months. I was alternatively madly in love and awestruck with my husband, to seriously wondering WTF I was thinking, because I may have married the dumbest person on earth.

Unless you have fertility problems or marital problems, you just have sex and it happens.

Well there is another option. (and this could go into many threads here based on the discussion)

Many couples can have an enjoyable sex life that doesn't include vaginal intercourse. Does the fundie sex bible indicate that couples can't have orgasms together by other means? Oral sex, mutual masturbation, etc?

Well there is another option. (and this could go into many threads here based on the discussion)

Many couples can have an enjoyable sex life that doesn't include vaginal intercourse. Does the fundie sex bible indicate that couples can't have orgasms together by other means? Oral sex, mutual masturbation, etc?

I can't imagine that non-PIV sex for them would be an acceptable option - at least not for the purpose of avoiding pregnancy. I know for example most fundie Catholics are NOT okay with any sex act that is not PIV if it leads to orgasm. My suspicion is that protestant fundies would be somewhat similar, possibly less strict about it, but never would they purposely avoid vaginal intercourse to not get pregnant.

I can understand, to a degree why Jill may seem clingy with Derick, as she probably has no close friends near her, and she is used to being surrounded by 15-20 people at all times. Derick is her only source of socialization, other than her family, whom she probably visits with often as well.

Hopefully after she has the baby, maybe she will eventually wander into some Mom and Me classes, or something, where she can meet other young moms, and start to have a social network that isn't fully reliant on Derick or the Duggar Clan.

Jill isn't my fave of the Kids, but I think calling her Klingon (which I will admit is pretty effing creative), is a bit unfair, given that she really is going through a huge transition. She is going from being unable to go anywhere alone, to being "forced" to spend large amounts of time completely alone. She is dealing with pregnancy hormones, which can make you feel clingy, cranky, emotional and irritated all at once, and just getting used to being married, which, as I recall, was a challenging time. 30 years later, I can still remember those first several months. I was alternatively madly in love and awestruck with my husband, to seriously wondering WTF I was thinking, because I may have married the dumbest person on earth.

I have to agree with this, and I'm not usually Jill's biggest defender. This is one of the side effects of the girls basically not being allowed to have any real, genuine friendships outside their family or hold a meaningful job. Most women wouldn't need to cling to their husband the way Jill is because they'd be at work themselves or have friends to go and have brunch with or whatever. Jill has no job and no friends and grew up with virtually 0 alone time so she doesn't know how to be content with her own company. Derick is basically the only 'friend' she has and she's not good with being alone so she clings onto him.

I'm hoping that after the baby, she meets some other conservative Christian moms she can be friends with. Derick seems to have friends outside his family as well, maybe some of them have partners Jill can befriend too. What Jill needs right now are friends who are not her husband and don't have the last name 'Duggar'.

Just curious, but why do we have the impression she is clingy?

Driving him to work each day, meeting him for lunch, picking him up... She doesn't seem to DO anything beyond wait for Derick.

I spend large quantities of time alone. My hubs is working on special assignment on the east coast and we live in CA. We recently moved to this area and do not have friends nearby. My recently graduated from college son lives at home but works FT. My daughter and her family live in So America. I recently retired so that I can travel with the hubs and go to visit my daughter whenever I feel the need. I was there 4 times this year to meet and care for a new granddaughter. Yes, i travel to a foreign nation, a different continent to a place where I have limited language skills, all alone- GASP.

What do I do to keep busy?

Exercise

Cook

Blog

I have a puppy

Garden

Sew

Read

Surf the Net

Shop

Travel

Jill needs to expand her horizons-

All else fails, she can head on over to the TTH.

I am sorry, but Jill's issues are a direct result of her parents' piss poor parenting. Hope she "gets it" before she makes the same poor choices.

Driving him to work each day, meeting him for lunch, picking him up... She doesn't seem to DO anything beyond wait for Derick.

Sounds like a pretty weak argument for calling someone clingy if that's all there is...JMO.

It should be mentioned that Jill IS in fact doing something other than wait for Derick all day. Per Michelle's latest blog, Jill has gone back to her studies. Michelle didn't specify whether she meant midwifery but that seems like the most logical choice. Jill has said in previous interviews that she was planning to resume her midwife studies once she got over her first trimester morning sickness. From what I understand, for Jill to become a CPM (which is what she's working for) she needs to go through a training process and pass a written exam, right? From Michelle's blog, it sounds like Jill might have finished all her necessary training and is now studying for the written exam portion.

I spend large quantities of time alone. My hubs is working on special assignment on the east coast and we live in CA. We recently moved to this area and do not have friends nearby. My recently graduated from college son lives at home but works FT. My daughter and her family live in So America. I recently retired so that I can travel with the hubs and go to visit my daughter whenever I feel the need. I was there 4 times this year to meet and care for a new granddaughter. Yes, i travel to a foreign nation, a different continent to a place where I have limited language skills, all alone- GASP.

What do I do to keep busy?

Exercise

Cook

Blog

I have a puppy

Garden

Sew

Read

Surf the Net

Shop

Travel

Jill needs to expand her horizons-

All else fails, she can head on over to the TTH.

I am sorry, but Jill's issues are a direct result of her parents' piss poor parenting. Hope she "gets it" before she makes the same poor choices.

I think eventually, she'll expand her horizons. But she's doing A LOT of transitioning. She went from a single, stay at home daughter with 20+ people at home on a daily basis to a married woman who's pregnant and has a working spouse (which in and of itself is a change because she's not even used to her dad being at work) in less than a year. That's a lot to adjust to. I really don't see her venturing out and trying anything new until after she gets used to having a newborn (which, by the way, she's never truly experienced -- Michelle kept all the babies till they were weaned; she only offered "a helping hand" with the babies before that point). And, at the rate that Duggars get pregnant, Jessa might have one popping out soon enough, so she'll be doing playdates with her sister instead of finding new friends. =/

The show doesn't have many examples of them hanging out with non-family members, but the kids do have church friends; peer age friends. Add in all the women who were at Jill's shower who she's helped with their labors/deliveries. Plus all the people who came to help out at the wedding. Maybe TLC can't, for privacy reasons, show these friends on a regular episode. But they're there, in Jill's life. She is surrounded by lots of people. The quiverfull lifestyle is all about family, huge families, and any Duggar is never going to hurt for friends. Or even fans! Even the little kids have lots of friends, that was evident in the reception photos showing them playing games together. A lot of the Duggarfam instagram pictures show non-family members hanging out. The actual 19 K&C episodes are just a tiny slice of their real life.

Archived