IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

I figured it out - Product Placement from Walmart :D

aka the banana's @ walmart (the slogan) - equals free stuff

:nenner:

I saw that picture and the tags with it and I groaned out loud! Let me tell you a secret that I learned from being a cashier at walmart though. She probably got that good deal by price matching. I live in NE Oklahoma and produce prices are way cheaper at places like Aldi's, so people bring their ads in and price match all the time. Stop leg humping walmart, Derick. They're onboxious.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. That is what happened to me. My firstborn did die. The idiot OB put me on Pitocin to get my labor started and then left the hospital to go see patients. The cord was compressed and all I had was a nurse who told me to push as hard as possible so we could get the baby out as soon as possible. By the time a staff doctor showed up for the emergency Caesarian it was too late.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. And absolutely senseless.

The cord prolapse was the most terrifying experience I had with any of my children.

Being monitored isn't going to help, it's an extreme emergency and happens very, very quickly. My son did have some oxygen loss, fortunately it had only minimal effect, but that was pure luck ( and they followed the correct procedures as soon as they realized)

Again I'm so sorry. And I wish more people were aware that there are risks to induction other than just increased likelihood of c-section.

I think she looks very lovely, but very big. However, she is a pretty petite little girl so she could just be carrying big.

I looked huge with all 3 of my pregnancies but I was only 5'2 and only high 90's in weight when I got pregnant all three times.

As for delivering...I had my first at 34 weeks, my second at exactly one day early and my third at 27 weeks and 6 days. I would never wish a NICU baby on anyone!!! And I didn't plan any of my births...they all just happened the way they happened. I ended up with a c-section with my first, a vbac with my second and a c=section with my third.

I really hope that if Jill "Christian" beliefs get in the way. However, my hope with that is that they got Josie the best medical care they could so hopefully they would do the same should JIll have any issues.

Oh - and I don't know who said it...but the NICU episode with Josie had me actually yelling at the TV. If MY child had been in that NICU you can bet your butt I would have been raising a HUGE ruckus to get that circus kicked out and, if anything had happened to my child, I would not have been above suing the hospital. TLC and everyone else I could think of that might have been involved. That was insane!!!!

Yes, they were monitoring me. The nurse screwed up, my OB screwed up. By unfortunate coincidence my mother was out of state when her first grandchild was being born or things might have turned out differently. It took me 8 years to summon up my courage and get pregnant again. And the second time my OB was a friend and co-worker of my mother's. He was extra careful so I was in very good hands and I had a daughter who is now 21.

Thank you to everyone who responded. It was hell to live through but I survived and moved on with my life.

Yeah, by the time that episode was over my family thought I had gone insane. I was furious. Even the risk of illness aside you have the noise, lights, crowding. The parents in there are scared, stressed, exhausted. Babies are fragile and some are dying. This was a special level of selfish that surprised me, even from the Duggars. And from the hospital It's pure negligence, malpractice and stupidity.

I thought that they got their own room away from everyone else when they invited the others in to see Josie?

I thought that they got their own room away from everyone else when they invited the others in to see Josie?

I was an NICU nurse for 35 years. I worked in 3 level 3 units over those years. I can not imagine that dog and pony show being allowed in any of the units where I worked, PARTICULARLY AT THAT TIME IN JOSIE'S COURSE OF TREATMENT. JOSIE WAS STILL A TEENY TINY ON BUBBLE CPAP- Perhaps, on the day of discharge, but when they all crowded in, Josie was newly born and most likely still very unstable. Little changes: lights, noise, voices, temperature all can have profound effects on these sick little ones.

Clearly $ was the most important consideration.

I was an NICU nurse for 35 years. I worked in 3 level 3 units over those years. I can not imagine that dog and pony show being allowed in any of the units where I worked, PARTICULARLY AT THAT TIME IN JOSIE'S COURSE OF TREATMENT. JOSIE WAS STILL A TEENY TINY ON BUBBLE CPAP- Perhaps, on the day of discharge, but when they all crowded in, Josie was newly born and most likely still very unstable. Little changes: lights, noise, voices, temperature all can have profound effects on these sick little ones.

It's amazing that they are so ignorant and money hungry that they don't consider such a thing. Although at the same time, you would hope the Doctor warned them of these things.

Sassypants you have my admiration for being a NICU nurse that long! Those nurses are the ONLY reason my 29 weekers are here and I'll never be able to appropriately thank them. Wonderful people. One of the sweetest things I've ever seen was when I was rocking one of my boys (closer to homecoming so they were bigger) there was a new baby just born and brought to NICU and while her NICU nurse was getting her settled into the isolet she sang Happy Birthday to her. I sat rocking my little guy and SOBBING! It was just so sweet and caring for a little one whose parents couldn't see her yet.

And I remember in our NICU worrying about the noise and ruckus whenever there was a new admit, nevermind a dog and pony show TV program!!!!

Sassypants you have my admiration for being a NICU nurse that long! Those nurses are the ONLY reason my 29 weekers are here and I'll never be able to appropriately thank them. Wonderful people. One of the sweetest things I've ever seen was when I was rocking one of my boys (closer to homecoming so they were bigger) there was a new baby just born and brought to NICU and while her NICU nurse was getting her settled into the isolet she sang Happy Birthday to her. I sat rocking my little guy and SOBBING! It was just so sweet and caring for a little one whose parents couldn't see her yet.

And I remember in our NICU worrying about the noise and ruckus whenever there was a new admit, nevermind a dog and pony show TV program!!!!

Ah...thank you. I loved my job. NICU nursing and neonatal care has come a long way since the early 80s.

I'm not sure which thread I originally posted this in, but I know a woman who's due two months later (with one baby) than Jill, but who looks just as big!

That would mean she's due in May, right?

I'm due in May and I'm not even showing. Everyone is just different, ya know? *shrugs*

That would mean she's due in May, right?

I'm due in May and I'm not even showing. Everyone is just different, ya know? *shrugs*

She's due in March.

She's due in March.

My friend, who looks as big as Jill currently, is due in May.

Archived