IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

I thought they were there giving out backpacks filled with toys and necessities?

I am so cynical of the Duggars and their voluntourism.

Did they ever bother to find out what the people do for Christmas? Is it important there? How do they celebrate it? What could the Duggars do to make their experience actually better for those people on those people's terms, not haul over a bunch of cheap plastic American toys made in China because gift-giving (often crap) is a big value in America?

Do the Duggars ever give a moment's thought to what those people might actually want or need instead of imposing American ideas on them? Maybe crappy toys don't better their lives? Ugh.

The fakeness of the Duggars really annoys me.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking twins too because she's just so huge, but the sono looks like it''s only one baby

not that one won't sometimes hide behind the other and it's a surprise to all on delivery day

Honestly, yes she may seem large compared to some pregnant women but I was ginormous when I was pregnant with my son. I easily looked full term at 6 months. Granted I am several inches shorter than Jill but her torso may simply be shorter or her uterus may be tilted out resulted in the appearance of a large child or bump.

I also had a lot of water weight and gave birth naturally at an out of hospital birth center. My midwife could not feel our son completely before birth because of all the extra amniotic fluid. They guessed a 9 to 10 lb child and he ended up being an average 7 lb 13 oz only 8 days early.

It is really difficult for me to hear people give expecting moms a hard time about looking so large or like twins because honestly, everyone's body carries a child so differently. I could have easily passed for twins but I simply carried large. Jill is most likely the same.

And as for birth center births, it is a completely safe and reasonable alternative choice for childbirth. And birth pain is different from pain from something wrong like a broken bone or toothaches. It is good pain and is easily bearable. I do not doubt Jill will have the exact birth she desires because of her experience in midwifery and taking classes and preparing herself. Unless an emergency transfer arises we will see a home birth taped in march.

Everyone's body reacts differently to pregnancy - some people have adorable little beach ball looking tummies when they are 9 months along. Other people look like they're ready to pop at 5 months in. It really just depends on your body type to be honest and how big the baby actually is - someone with a short torso and an 8 lb. fetus is going to look different than someone with a long torso and a 7 lb. fetus. Additionally, everyone gains weight differently - my cousin gained some weight in her face while she was pregnant, but had a tinier bump because she is tall. My parents' neighbor didn't gain weight anywhere except her belly. . . and even then you couldn't tell she was full-term until she turned around.

I'm sure that she will do what is best for her and the baby when the time comes. So many first-time moms have ideas about what they want to do and how they want to raise their kid, only to find out that reality is much different.

So do these people help and spread the word of Jesus or just pose for pictures

Now Now Toothfairy, don't you realize that the mere presence of the Duggars is a blessing and an encouragement??

PS Looks like Lawson Bates in in El Salvador with them, according to his Instagram. I wonder how he and Jinger get along?

I really doubt they would purposefully hide twins from us. Especially since she got pregnant so early, twins would give her an automatic excuse to deliver early. No one would bat an eye at multiples being born preterm. Plus, wouldn't twins be "more godly" like "not only did god love me so much that he gave me a baby right after my extremely holy courtship and wedding, but he gave me TWO babies"? Therefore, wouldn't the Duggars be promoting the hell out of that?

What so interesting is the people of El Salvador are predominantly Roman Catholic, the oldest form of Christianity. They do not need cult members preaching to them- They already have God.

Sure, I'll take that backpack plus those cheap toys, and sure, you can take my picture. I seriously doubt they are converting or religiously inspiring anyone.

What so interesting is the people of El Salvador are predominantly Roman Catholic, the oldest form of Christianity. They do not need cult members preaching to them- They already have God.

Sure, I'll take that backpack plus those cheap toys, and sure, you can take my picture. I seriously doubt they are converting or religiously inspiring anyone.

They may have "a god" but they have the wrong one. They have the Catholic one. Catholic = "not really christian." (Seriously, I've heard that SO MANY TIMES from Duggar leg humpers. "Oh you can't speak about god and the christian faith cause you grew up Catholic, that's not a real Christian faith, that's a religion.")

Now Now Toothfairy, don't you realize that the mere presence of the Duggars is a blessing and an encouragement??

PS Looks like Lawson Bates in in El Salvador with them, according to his Instagram. I wonder how he and Jinger get along?

Ooh Cooper and Lawson?

Ooh Cooper and Lawson?

:lol: :worship:

in my (definitely uneducated) opinion i'm guessing Tori or Carlin Bates. Cooper isn't going to settle for anything less than famous beautiful fundie. So mbe Lawson being there was the draw for Cooper actually. Bro time.

I really doubt they would purposefully hide twins from us. Especially since she got pregnant so early, twins would give her an automatic excuse to deliver early. No one would bat an eye at multiples being born preterm. Plus, wouldn't twins be "more godly" like "not only did god love me so much that he gave me a baby right after my extremely holy courtship and wedding, but he gave me TWO babies"? Therefore, wouldn't the Duggars be promoting the hell out of that?

You're right, they would. :lol: Imagine the registry items FLYING off the store shelves into the D'mansion if people knew it was twins.

Just my opinion: I've known fundies who had twins like that and claimed that it was God's favor: they seriously believed they were doing things so right that they scored points that earned them a blessing. But imo It's horrible for people to claim that easy fertility is God's favor. If that was true, no awful person would have children - only the good parents. And that isn't the way nature works. Yes, children are a blessing and each child should be treasured, but no person can say God thinks they're better than anyone else just because having children came easy. It's just nature doing its thing. No one earns the right to brag about God's favor on them because of a random occurrence.

I think the looks on the local's faces has more to do with cultire? In some South American cultures, you don't smile for he camera, you look as serious as possible.

It looks to is like they're frowning, but I think it's just how they pose for pictures.

Excuses errors, phone hates me

Woah! Jill has the sleeves on that shirt rolled exposing far more upper arm than it would have in its original state. I really see these girls getting away from their insane dress code as quick as they can!

They're more than a publicity stunt... they're easy ways to make themselves feel great by going through the motions of ministering to people and spreading the gospel. Who knows if they're actually accomplishing anything, but I don't think they really care. As long as they can go down to a poor country full of non-white people who don't speak English, hand out some toys, do a bit of manual labour, and give out tracts, they've done the Lord's Work. Everyone else looks on and sees how holy they are, and Jesus smiles at them and says, "Ya'll are goin' to heaven!"

I think the looks on the local's faces has more to do with cultire? In some South American cultures, you don't smile for he camera, you look as serious as possible.

It looks to is like they're frowning, but I think it's just how they pose for pictures.

Excuses errors, phone hates me

El Salvador is in Central America.

El Salvador is in Central America.

I think it's been established a long time ago that my geography skills are the exact same as a not well traveled 5 year old.

And as for birth center births, it is a completely safe and reasonable alternative choice for childbirth. And birth pain is different from pain from something wrong like a broken bone or toothaches. It is good pain and is easily bearable. I do not doubt Jill will have the exact birth she desires because of her experience in midwifery and taking classes and preparing herself. Unless an emergency transfer arises we will see a home birth taped in march.

To the bolded (and this is totally off-topic, but I just couldn't resist pointing it out) - I would have to disagree. When I had my oldest daughter I was as prepared as I could possibly be - took 12 weeks of Bradley classes and spent $500+ on it - to have a completely natural, relaxing birth (I had also done English/Spanish translation for medical teams in Hispanic countries for several years and had witnessed a good several dozen deliveries before I had gotten married - so I was sure I knew what I was getting into). My husband came with to every single class and was completely wonderful throughout the labour and delivery - but the pain was so bad. Just horrible. Completely excruciating. We tried all the techniques we'd learned, but my labour lasted for 36 hours and I was a total wreck. By the time we had hit the 15 hour labour mark I just could not handle the pain well at all. If it had been back labour it might have gone better, but I had never had a menstrual cramp in my life before that and I just did not know anything could be so horribly painful. Now, I did make it through the deliver without drugs, but it was not in any dignified way. I spent the last 5 hours huddled in a heap on the bathroom floor just crying and writhing because it was so bad and I was so tired. Looking back, I'm glad I did it the first time drug free - but it was not the transcendental, incredible experience I had planned. With my second daughter I had an epidural. I knew there was no way I could do it again - and I had no desire to do it.

I hope Jill has a safe delivery. And I hope it is a wonderful experience for her - but it is entirely likely it will not be what she had planned or expected.

As someone who is used to getting horrific menstrual cramps on a pretty regular basis, I will admit that I still was not prepared for how bad the contractions would be initially when I was induced. Pitocin speeds the contractions up in the worst way. I ordered an epidural, and the nurse gave me some kind of Demerol to tide me over (the hallucinations were really interesting) until it arrived. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I basically slept through the rest of my labor. Induced at around 8:30 in the morning, asleep by about 9:30, and I woke up just in time to begin transitional labor late in the afternoon. Boy R and M was born 30 minutes after I woke up. Induction was awful, but other than the pain of transitional labor, I lucked out with the rest of it.

The only really hard part was fighting off my doctor, who, a couple of months earlier, kept trying to get me to sign a contract agreeing to a c-section because she thought the baby would be big. I refused to agree to it beforehand, and told her we'd do it if we had to at that time. My labor went just fine. Turns out a lot of women had c-sections on my floor that day, though - out of the 11 new moms on my floor, it was only me and one other woman who had natural births. The rest were all c-sections.

They say every birth experience is different, and in a lot of ways, I realize I was very fortunate. Things don't always fall into place the way you might like, even with careful planning. I agree in hoping that everything goes well for Jill and that she gets at least some of what she wants in her birth plan, but also hope she has easy access to medical attention, too.

As someone who is used to getting horrific menstrual cramps on a pretty regular basis, I will admit that I still was not prepared for how bad the contractions would be initially when I was induced. Pitocin speeds the contractions up in the worst way. I ordered an epidural, and the nurse gave me some kind of Demerol to tide me over (the hallucinations were really interesting) until it arrived. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I basically slept through the rest of my labor. Induced at around 8:30 in the morning, asleep by about 9:30, and I woke up just in time to begin transitional labor late in the afternoon. Boy R and M was born 30 minutes after I woke up. Induction was awful, but other than the pain of transitional labor, I lucked out with the rest of it.

The only really hard part was fighting off my doctor, who, a couple of months earlier, kept trying to get me to sign a contract agreeing to a c-section because she thought the baby would be big. I refused to agree to it beforehand, and told her we'd do it if we had to at that time. My labor went just fine. Turns out a lot of women had c-sections on my floor that day, though - out of the 11 new moms on my floor, it was only me and one other woman who had natural births. The rest were all c-sections.

They say every birth experience is different, and in a lot of ways, I realize I was very fortunate. Things don't always fall into place the way you might like, even with careful planning. I agree in hoping that everything goes well for Jill and that she gets at least some of what she wants in her birth plan, but also hope she has easy access to medical attention, too.

Pitocin is such a btch. It makes the pain way worse than it is with an unmedicated birth, and hospitals hand it out like candy because of their obsession with keeping everyone "on a clock." I refused it for one birth and the pain was there, but manageable. For the other birth, on Pitocin, the pain was horrendous. The contractions were fast and hard with no breaks in between. Grrrr.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8h0SkPcs2U

I planned for a nice, safe, medicated, delivery. But then my son decides he wasn't having it. He was a few weeks early and by the time I got to the hospital I was fully dilated. No time for anything. No epidural, no planning, totally wasn't expecting any of this. Less than two hours later he was

born.

My daughter was in fetal distress and I had to have an emergency c section. I was trying to avoid having one but the health of mother and baby comes first.

I didn't plan for any of these situations but pregnancy is just one of those things that's unpredictable.

Pitocin is such a btch. It makes the pain way worse than it is with an unmedicated birth, and hospitals hand it out like candy because of their obsession with keeping everyone "on a clock." I refused it for one birth and the pain was there, but manageable. For the other birth, on Pitocin, the pain was horrendous. The contractions were fast and hard with no breaks in between. Grrrr.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8h0SkPcs2U

I really just need to make a small correction here. Hospitals are not the ones that are passing out Pitocin like candy to stay on a schedule. Hospitals are open 24/7, 365 days a year. They are prepared to handle a delivery anytime of the day or night.

The rise in the number of Pitocin induced labor is primarily due to physicians. And, also the consumer. It is easy to completely put it on the doctors, but in truth lots of people want to plan the day they deliver. They want to be sure they have their extended family there, or that they don't have to bother their neighbor at 3am to watch their other kid when they rush off to deliver in the middle of the night.

Having worked Labor and Delivery for several years in 2 different time periods, I can definitely say that consumers, patients, whatever you want to call them, played a big part in the rising C Section rates and the rising Induction rates. The two go hand in hand. When you induce labor, you increase the odds of a c/s delivery for many reasons (most obvious is the body wasn't really ready for labor, so things just don't go as well), and there are several women who just plain would prefer to sign up for a C section and avoid labor. Also, OBs are very fearful of being sued, so many of them will prefer what they view as a more controlled situation, during normal hourse rather than an emergency at 3am. And finally, not to give them a free pass, but I would challenge most people to work as an OB for even 5 years and not have them grow fatigued with working all day and then being called in all night. Not that it is an excuse, but it is kind of understandable that the idea of having your patient's have scheduled deliveries would be desirable. I don't think most OBs go into it thinking they are going to push inductions on their patients but I think the job wears them down after awhile.

Inductions with Pitocin usually increase epidural use, which can also put you at higher risk for a c/s so again it all plays together.

But just to be clear, the driving force behind Increasing Inductions was not due to hospitals. In fact, in the past 2 years at least, hospitals are penalized if their elective induction rates at less than 39 weeks are high. The responsibility for high inductions and c/s rates is mostly physicians and the patients combined.

Sorry to double post,

But Wow Jill looks very big for where she is in her pregnancy. Yes, all women carry differently, but she is objectively big. Not big like she has gained a lot of non-baby weight, but abdomen is big. No way around it. They had better hope she doesn't deliver a few weeks early or it will be a tough sell to claim she wasn't knocked up prior to the wedding day.

Archived