IGNORED

Baby Dilly

Duggor

Well there is another option. (and this could go into many threads here based on the discussion)

Many couples can have an enjoyable sex life that doesn't include vaginal intercourse. Does the fundie sex bible indicate that couples can't have orgasms together by other means? Oral sex, mutual masturbation, etc?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure that someone has said that its a sin for a man to spill his seed without the intention of procreating.

I think....It could have been someone being a smart arse.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure that someone has said that its a sin for a man to spill his seed without the intention of procreating.

I think....It could have been someone being a smart arse.

True! It's in the Bible. Sorry it's been a long day! :mrgreen:

Edited to add: No it's not in the Bible saying it's a sin. Here is a discussion on it - https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 6060119740

People interpret it in different ways, some say the sin was literally spilling his seed, full stop. Others say the sin was disobeying God. The latter makes more logical sense - if you go with the former, what are the implications? I mean God told everyone to not look back as they were fleeing Sodom. Lot's wife looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt. Her sin was disobeying God, not looking back in and of itself. Are you sinning every time you look over your shoulder?

In Deuteronomy 25:5-10, it's explained that if brothers live together and one dies without providing a son for his wife, the other brother must take on his brother's wife until a son is provided for her. When a son is provided for her, his father is her first husband, not the second husband so that his name "isn't blotted out from Israel" (lineage in Hebrew tradition was only traced on the father's side, not the mother's side). If the second brother refuses to "perform the duty of the brother in law," he's disgraced in front of the elders, and his named is changed to one that means "the house of the man stripped of his sandal" (the form of disgrace involves the woman stripping the sandal from his foot, spitting in his face, and saying "this is how one should be treated who will not build up his brother's family!")

Onan was forced to take on his brother Er's wife after god killed him for being "wicked." But he didn't want to have his brother's son; so instead, he spilled his seed so she would not become pregnant (by the way, fun fact, the ancient Hebrews understood the importance of sperm to a degree, but not how it worked; they thought that sperm concealed and formed into a baby when housed inside a womb). Therefore, god saw he was "wicked" and brought death upon him.

Sounds like a pretty weak argument for calling someone clingy if that's all there is...JMO.

It should be mentioned that Jill IS in fact doing something other than wait for Derick all day. Per Michelle's latest blog, Jill has gone back to her studies. Michelle didn't specify whether she meant midwifery but that seems like the most logical choice. Jill has said in previous interviews that she was planning to resume her midwife studies once she got over her first trimester morning sickness. From what I understand, for Jill to become a CPM (which is what she's working for) she needs to go through a training process and pass a written exam, right? From Michelle's blog, it sounds like Jill might have finished all her necessary training and is now studying for the written exam portion.

Yay, good for her! I hoped she would go back, she enjoyed it and it would be a shame to throw it all away.

I did see Michelle's post indicating that Jill is still studying. Attached to this post, there was a video of Jill and Derick, but Jill did not mention studying for these exams or anything to do with her MW training during the video. Michelle did not mention Jill's pregnancy during her post, but Jill and Derick spoke of nothing else on the video. Maybe Michelle's blog post was written before Jill announced her pregnancy-

I guess we shall she if she passes the exams in the near future, and starts attending births.

Jill is the type who would deliver her own baby. I expect great things from this special delivery episode.

Please not on the toilet lol

Driving him to work each day, meeting him for lunch, picking him up... She doesn't seem to DO anything beyond wait for Derick.

I can still remember my first boyfriend. I met him when I was 17 and he was 19 (in his 2nd year of college). In retrospect, I could have been viewed as clingy too. I remember if we would go to a party together, I would insist he stay close by me. I didn't like him going out with his friends. Once we began dating, I spent most of my free time with him, if at all possible. I was a quiet and rather shy teenager around those I didn't know, and I didn't have the confidence in myself that comes with age and experience. However, I did have my last year of high school to complete, I had a part-time job, and I had a circle of friends. That required me to socialize with others. Jill doesn't have any of those three items.

If she and Derick were a more average young couple starting out, she would probably at least have a part-time job. Even my older fundie sister (after graduating with an engineering degree) got a job at a daycare after she got married and before she had their first child.

If she and Derick hadn't been handed a big house to live in, complete with furnishings and decor, she could have filled her days with shopping at local thrift stores for items they needed for their home. She could certainly spend time planting a garden of sorts. She could also volunteer her time at any local charity she chose.

I think she appears clingy because she doesn't have anything else to do or to focus on besides Derick and her pregnancy. Hopefully she'll grow more self-sufficient with time.

I can still remember my first boyfriend. I met him when I was 17 and he was 19 (in his 2nd year of college). In retrospect, I could have been viewed as clingy too. I remember if we would go to a party together, I would insist he stay close by me. I didn't like him going out with his friends. Once we began dating, I spent most of my free time with him, if at all possible. I was a quiet and rather shy teenager around those I didn't know, and I didn't have the confidence in myself that comes with age and experience. However, I did have my last year of high school to complete, I had a part-time job, and I had a circle of friends. That required me to socialize with others. Jill doesn't have any of those three items.

If she and Derick were a more average young couple starting out, she would probably at least have a part-time job. Even my older fundie sister (after graduating with an engineering degree) got a job at a daycare after she got married and before she had their first child.

If she and Derick hadn't been handed a big house to live in, complete with furnishings and decor, she could have filled her days with shopping at local thrift stores for items they needed for their home. She could certainly spend time planting a garden of sorts. She could also volunteer her time at any local charity she chose.

I think she appears clingy because she doesn't have anything else to do or to focus on besides Derick and her pregnancy. Hopefully she'll grow more self-sufficient with time.

It's too bad she doesn't use this 2nd trimester to finish her certification and expand her comfort zone just a bit. Soon she'll be more pregnant and then with a new baby, she'll be homebound for a bit.

Gosh, I hope this is HER dream life-

Most younger people, would be yearning for more.

kitchen sink while sitting on the counter :D

Whatever weird and wonderful location that TLC can dream up, they'll use! 8-)

Whatever weird and wonderful location that TLC can dream up, they'll use! 8-)

We still have yet to see a birth on the duggar tour bus... i suspect they were trying this with anna and josh when she was 9 months pregnant and still traveling with them...

Everyone is so hard on Jill here. She might be overly enthusiastic (and yes, sometimes irritating) but she's smart and she knows how to get things done when the pressure is on.

She doesn't deserve the level of criticism she gets IMO - none of the kids really do. This is all she's ever known. She's really just in the last year been allowed to finally be a "real adult," and she is likely going to be a very different in 5, 10, 15 years than she is now. She has her whole life ahead of her to find out who she is without someone else dictating it. Speculating about her being pregnant at the wedding, being "too clingy" or trying to always make herself and her pregnant belly front and center for attention is just petty IMO. It doesn't matter if anyone else thinks she is "clingy." I mean, JFC, don't people have bigger things to worry about than a very newly married couple enjoying their life together?

I would say of all the kids, Jill is probably the one her parents manipulated the most - they knew they hit the jackpot when they got a sensitive, people-pleasing daughter who was utterly terrified of doing anything wrong. I mean, they've just short of said that outright. They have mentioned how "blessed" they are that "God frontloaded the family with daughters" and go on and on about all the ways they put Jill to use. She was the one who was so afraid of doing things wrong that she'd tattle on her siblings. It's no wonder they love Jill so much, she's the manipulative parents' dream.

Lots of children are like Jill in that they seek approval by helping out around the house and avoiding conflict, but MOST parents don't take advantage of those characteristics by turning their child into a slave with disproportionate amounts of responsibility at a young age. It's just wrong IMO and personally I am thrilled she seems so happy these days. I hope her labor and the rest of her pregnancy go well. I think she'll be a great mom.

Everyone is so hard on Jill here. She might be overly enthusiastic (and yes, sometimes irritating) but she's smart and she knows how to get things done when the pressure is on.

She doesn't deserve the level of criticism she gets IMO - none of the kids really do. This is all she's ever known. She's really just in the last year been allowed to finally be a "real adult," and she is likely going to be a very different in 5, 10, 15 years than she is now. She has her whole life ahead of her to find out who she is without someone else dictating it. Speculating about her being pregnant at the wedding, being "too clingy" or trying to always make herself and her pregnant belly front and center for attention is just petty IMO. It doesn't matter if anyone else thinks she is "clingy." I mean, JFC, don't people have bigger things to worry about than a very newly married couple enjoying their life together?

I would say of all the kids, Jill is probably the one her parents manipulated the most - they knew they hit the jackpot when they got a sensitive, people-pleasing daughter who was utterly terrified of doing anything wrong. I mean, they've just short of said that outright. They have mentioned how "blessed" they are that "God frontloaded the family with daughters" and go on and on about all the ways they put Jill to use. She was the one who was so afraid of doing things wrong that she'd tattle on her siblings. It's no wonder they love Jill so much, she's the manipulative parents' dream.

Lots of children are like Jill in that they seek approval by helping out around the house and avoiding conflict, but MOST parents don't take advantage of those characteristics by turning their child into a slave with disproportionate amounts of responsibility at a young age. It's just wrong IMO and personally I am thrilled she seems so happy these days. I hope her labor and the rest of her pregnancy go well. I think she'll be a great mom.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :worship:

I can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to come out in defense of Jill but haven't been able to because I didn't have the time to respond. Your post summed it up perfectly on everything that I've been wanting to say. Your post is the reason why I am and will continue to be a Jill apologist around here even if my opinions are of the minority. Again, THANK YOU!! :clap:

With all the attention shifting to Ben and Jessa lately, I really hope Jill takes this opportunity to really focus on her new life away from the spotlight. I noticed that ever since her and Derick's big media tour in NY several weeks ago that she seems to have gone fairly quiet on social media. No more baby updates, no more selfies with Derick. Maybe this is a good sign that she's settling into a more private life with her husband. Let her parents or Jessa and Ben take care of all the oversharing of personal info or bombarding the internet with endless selfies. :roll:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :worship:

I can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to come out in defense of Jill but haven't been able to because I didn't have the time to respond. Your post summed it up perfectly on everything that I've been wanting to say. Your post is the reason why I am and will continue to be a Jill apologist around here even if my opinions are of the minority. Again, THANK YOU!! :clap:

With all the attention shifting to Ben and Jessa lately, I really hope Jill takes this opportunity to really focus on her new life away from the spotlight. I noticed that ever since her and Derick's big media tour in NY several weeks ago that she seems to have gone fairly quiet on social media. No more baby updates, no more selfies with Derick. Maybe this is a good sign that she's settling into a more private life with her husband. Let her parents or Jessa and Ben take care of all the oversharing of personal info or bombarding the internet with endless selfies. :roll:

Yes- what both of you said!

I admit Jill's personality is a bit "loud" for me (I am a very quiet person and Jill would exhaust me), but Jill is not a bad person. She just has a distinct personality. Just like Jessa. And Jinger. And even Jana. All of their personalities are very distinct and different from each others and that is why some people act like Jill is Satan's mistress and some act like Jessa is a bitch. Neither of them (imo) deserve the criticism they are getting about their personalities.

We still have yet to see a birth on the duggar tour bus... i suspect they were trying this with anna and josh when she was 9 months pregnant and still traveling with them...

"Leaving things up to God" is the biggest load of horse shite ever to exist in the Duggar camp.

I agree with the sentiment on Jill, but not sure I go with, JFC doesn't anyone have anything better to do than speculate on a newly married couple.

I mean that is sort of the point of the board. I get having a different perspective or a differing speculation, but not sure that I can go as far as that. Because if I did, well why then am I posting here.

I agree with the sentiment on Jill, but not sure I go with, JFC doesn't anyone have anything better to do than speculate on a newly married couple.

I mean that is sort of the point of the board. I get having a different perspective or a differing speculation, but not sure that I can go as far as that. Because if I did, well why then am I posting here.

Of course we all speculate about their lives, but the general consensus here has been, as far as I can tell, that everyone genuinely wants good outcomes for the kids, and that most of the responsibility of this fundie mess are on the adults (JB+M) who inflicted this lifestyle on their kids. People are criticizing her (and Derick) for wanting to spend time together instead of just being relieved that, against seemingly awful odds, Jill managed to find someone who appears to be a great match for her.

It just seems like people are just tearing Jill apart for daring to actually be happy when that is (supposedly) all we ever wanted for any of the Duggar kids. Speculating for fun is one thing, and obviously that's fine (and I enjoy it - too much...) but I don't think there's any reason to be cruel or rude or joke about potential bad outcomes or troubles for them.

Of course we all speculate about their lives, but the general consensus here has been, as far as I can tell, that everyone genuinely wants good outcomes for the kids, and that most of the responsibility of this fundie mess are on the adults (JB+M) who inflicted this lifestyle on their kids. People are criticizing her (and Derick) for wanting to spend time together instead of just being relieved that, against seemingly awful odds, Jill managed to find someone who appears to be a great match for her.

It just seems like people are just tearing Jill apart for daring to actually be happy when that is (supposedly) all we ever wanted for any of the Duggar kids. Speculating for fun is one thing, and obviously that's fine (and I enjoy it - too much...) but I don't think there's any reason to be cruel or rude or joke about potential bad outcomes or troubles for them.

I guess I don't see a bunch of cruelty. And I think the great match for her is speculation in and of itself. As far as I can see, there isn't anything they have demonstrated that indicates their ideology is too much different from her parents and so I think relief might be a bit premature

They have to tear her apart for something. She's wrong if she's too happy, she's wrong if she's too sad. They're wrong if they talk too much, they're wrong if they don't talk enough. They're wrong if they dress too nicely, they're wrong if their outfits aren't coordinated and their hair is frizzy. Jim Bob's wrong if they're courting, he's wrong if they're not, they're wrong if they travel, they're wrong if they don't - it's ridiculous, but I guess it's the nature of a snark board. If it's a slow snark day/week/month/whatever people will just start inventing things. And when you're determined to hate someone, you're going to hate them no matter what they do.

Again, Jill's whole life and mission, as dictated by per parents, are marriage and motherhood- I want her to rock all that goes along with that one goal and mission. Hope it happens for her, since she appears to be believe all that she's been told/sold/coaxed.

Further, if I wanted a Kumbaya experience re the Duggars, I go to a strictly or even predominately pro-Duggar fan site.

The day I don't have a snarky attitude about the adult kids will be the day any one of them comes out and tell US, "Thanks ya'll, our parents are batshit crazy and we are glad to be on our own now!" That and renouncing lot of the HATE they constantly promote.

Cold

day

in

hell.

Archived