IGNORED

Lori IS learning...just not from you. Or you. Or her.

f you love nursing, which many women do, equate that with sex for men and many it helps bridge the gap in thinking. Two different sets of chemicals, but certainly both very powerful in creating the happy chemicals that every body needs to live a happy life.

Good lord, Ken, sex and nursing are nothing alike. AT ALL. What is wrong with you?

ETA: And apart from that, it's a crappy analogy. If sex = breastfeeding, then men could sate themselves on it in a few years and then be done with it for life, looking back with fondness but having no desire to go back to those sleepless nights.

It is not the man's fault that the women gets to meet babies needs and husband's needs. The Bible says husbands are to meet the wife's needs for sex, but it doesn't say a word about a husband holding a baby. Instead God places huge surges of chemicals in the mom to do that, that a man does not get when he fulfills his responsibility to his child. It's not fair :). Kidding of course. Viva la Difference!

Again I ask, what the hell is wrong with you, Ken? I exclusively nursed all three of our kids for anywhere from six to nine months (and practiced extended breastfeeding well beyond that), and my husband relished the times he got to hold them. He wholly supported my breastfeeding, but he sometimes felt left out. So he figured out ways that HE could nurture and bond with them apart from feeding. This meant that he did a lot of playtime, bath time, diaper changes and even some simple snuggling/holding for naps. He never once resented those times of holding and loving our children, and some days, my only responsibility was to nurse them because he'd hog them.

You and your wife are grotesque examples of human beings, and every word you type reveals more of your true character.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again Lorken, food (and therefore nursing) is a physical need. A baby will die without food. PEOPLE DO NOT DIE FROM LACK OF SEX.

At what point in one's life does sex become a need? It can't be puberty or else high schoolers would have to get married to stay alive. What happens if a single man finds himself dying from lack of sex and can't find someone to marry him? If he dies, is he martyr because he died for his faith?

How did Jesus and Paul live?

At what point in one's life does sex become a need? It can't be puberty or else high schoolers would have to get married to stay alive. What happens if a single man finds himself dying from lack of sex and can't find someone to marry him? If he dies, is he martyr because he died for his faith?

These people forget that Jesus Christ died a 33 year old virgin. And not from a lack of sex.

I do not have children, but I have never once heard anyone compare breastfeeding to sex. Must say that is a first.

And that breastfeeding or feeding your baby in general is second to giving your spouse sex. Also, Shelley's husband sounds like an ass to his babies. I know some men do not like children, just like some women don't, but still, refusing to do anything and being almost resentful when asked to please pick up your baby just sounds weird. :evil-eye:

I don't desire to learn from a bunch of people who oppose what I teach and try to poke holes in it.

I love to challenge people with the Truth and have it infiltrate every area of their lives.

So she likes to challenge, but not be challenged. Sometimes the best way to learn is to be challenged. It makes you think about your stand a lot more. If being challenged is a threat, your stance is weak.

I desire more than anything to be a godly, submissive help meet to Ken. Is is easy? Not always but I am learning to take rebuke and correction from him easily because I want to learn so badly. I find that the more submissive I am to him, the better our marriage becomes.

Creepy daddy undertones. You correct your kids' behavior, not your spouse's. And the better she behaves, the happier daddy is. Does he slap her ass in bed and ask her "Who's your daddy?"

For now on, I will be moderating ALL comments since I am getting numerous accusations and destructive comments. Only those that can contribute positively to the conversation will be allowed. Thank you for your patience!

Was there ever a time she didn't moderate comments?

New comment from RachelDaisy:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
SHIT YA'LL. That's not at all what I wrote. I wrote quite a bit more than that. I had an extra sentence about how I used to read Sheila's blog, but Lori helped me realize her teachings were fleshly. And then I asked her who she learned from so I could learn from them too.

What a surprise. Lori edits comments to sound more favorable to her.

I don't desire to learn from a bunch of people who oppose what I teach and try to poke holes in it.

Like you poked holes in your diaphragm, eh Lori?

:nanner-drums:

I have been lurking around fj for a few weeks and have found myself confused and horrified by Lori. I think she should change her blog name to Always Preaching. It certainly isn't about listening, discussing or learning. Her confirmation bias is too strong to allow that.

Lori has a blog to counsel women in her particular Christian beliefs that promote a marriage construct that could be defined as psychologically abusive at worst, oppressive at least to women. It would seem to me, then, that it would behoove her to educate herself about domestic violence and have real, practical advice to give endangered women. Or at least a disclaimer with an 1-800 number. Pray harder, submit more is likely to get someone killed.

Then again, this is a woman who promotes assaulting babies and children and believes husbands should discipline wives.

I was raised to believe Christianity was about love and kindness, and that's where the confusion has set in. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever be able to resolve that issue.

So she likes to challenge, but not be challenged. Sometimes the best way to learn is to be challenged. It makes you think about your stand a lot more. If being challenged is a threat, your stance is weak.

Thank you! This is what I need to tell someone in my own life, but hadn't found the right words.

Ken should change his job from consultant to pimp, and Lori from mentor to madame. That's exactly how they act by telling women to submit more, shut up and up out. Both of them a vile, disturbing, fucking monsters!

Equating the breastfeeding experience to sex is just plain idiotic.

So if I want a fix of "feel good chemicals" and my baby is asleep or not hungry at the moment, am I to demand that she nurses so I can get my needs met? What if my baby is sick or throwing up and doesn't want to nurse... am I to force her to nurse so I can have my right to "feel good chemicals"? What if my baby weans herself early, leaving me without an outlet for my desperate need?

The stupidity is just too much to wrap my brain around.

Equating the breastfeeding experience to sex is just plain idiotic.

So if I want a fix of "feel good chemicals" and my baby is asleep or not hungry at the moment, am I to demand that she nurses so I can get my needs met? What if my baby is sick or throwing up and doesn't want to nurse... am I to force her to nurse so I can have my right to "feel good chemicals"? What if my baby weans herself early, leaving me without an outlet for my desperate need?

The stupidity is just too much to wrap my brain around.

Not to mention that oxytocin for the mom can come from just snuggling the baby and sniffing its sweet baby head. :lol: Obviously guys could get a boost like that from exercise or something. Ken and Lori have jumped the shark if they're linking brain chemicals to sex and submission. :roll:

Not to mention that oxytocin for the mom can come from just snuggling the baby and sniffing its sweet baby head. :lol: Obviously guys could get a boost like that from exercise or something. Ken and Lori have jumped the shark if they're linking brain chemicals to sex and submission. :roll:

EXACTLY! This is so moronic that I am actually ashamed that I even read it. Where does Ken come up with idiotic fodder like this?

Oh, and what about women who bottlefeed. Are they not going to bond with their baby because they don't get the brain chemicals from nursing? Is their relationship going to suffer? I just really hate it when nursing is reduced to a sexual experience.

Many things to say today:

1. Way to insult your readers Lori!

2. Sex is not a need. Your existence will not cease if you don't have sex.

And then she says sex is a need (see #2). So God will have sex with you.

4. Paul Tripp is FAR too libbbbrrulll for Lorken. You should read some of his books, Lori. But you're "very selective" who you learn from, so you probably won't.

THEN WHY THE HECK DO YOU DO THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY, LORI?!

Umm, that's precisely what you do, Lorken.

I see Kenori got around to looking up who Maslow was and realized that all people really do have needs. Then proceeded to provide their own twisted logic to it just like they do to the bible.

Just watching Miss America sing this song makes you happy. No, I don't watch the Miss America Pageant but I saw clips of her sing this song and it just made me smile watching it.

Lori has to remind how pious she is. She would never ever watch a beauty pageant. Oh no, not Lori. She's too busy making big salads, lubeing for 10 minutes, and licking Debi Pearl's butthole.

Also, I can't believe Lori not only let this one through but also replied. She must be feeling feisty today.

Nini:

Ken, when someone asks a genuine question and the comment is not approved with no word, how are readers and commenters supposed to take this other than you and Lori don't want to deal with it?

Even if you don't want to answer, letting questions be posted can be a great help since the questions someone else asks may help me better reflect on where I stand, and since you and Lori claim to want to teach, what about people who learn better by being able to ask questions and get answers from several people? What I'm getting from this post and your reply is that you don't want to deal with a lot of questions, even ones meant legitimately, and you're only interested in "teaching" those who learn just by reading and not by any interaction. If readers have questions and can't get answers or at least see that their comment was posted as heard, it can create a feeling of not being heard.

Not only is Lori an older woman to me, but not everyone lives in red areas. My nearest church is 25 minutes away, and it's a Mormon church. The nearest church teaching what you do is a couple hours away. Saying "go find an older woman" when there is an older woman heading this blog leaves people hanging who might not have anywhere else to go.

Lori:

I am not sure your comment is genuine or not, Nini. Did you even read my post??? I clearly stated, "Yes, I allow opposing views but I try not to allow too many because it distracts from the message I am trying to teach. I have written about this before in my post about red herrings. Those are comments that try to pull the readers off track, whereas the comments I am talking about today, simply oppose my message." You even commented under someone who was asking question.

Lori has to remind how pious she is. She would never ever watch a beauty pageant. Oh no, not Lori. She's too busy making big salads, lubeing for 10 minutes, and licking Debi Pearl's butthole.

Lori posts about television and celebrities almost as much as she posts about the damn Duggars. My guess is that if her ass isn't glued to the computer, it's glued to the tv.

*Disclaimer* I D.E.S.P.I.S.E beauty pageants with everything in me, but there was was something especially stupid about the chick with the red cup. Good God, is that what we call talent now?

Monks, nuns and priests are VERY brave, knowing they are signing up for a calling that will end their lives. I wonder what the life expectancy is without sex? I know it's like 2 weeks without food and less without water. The Catholics must have to recruit like sons of bitches to keep all their parishes in priests and nuns!

I had to go check out Lori's FB page, and noticed that she "liked" Robin Roberts. Huh.

She blogged about Robin Roberts and how Robin survived cancer with help from prayer. But I remember that entry was before Robin officially came out as a lesbian. I wonder what Lori thinks of Robin now. Lori and Ken have said that they have gay friends. Now that might be true, but I have a hard time picturing gay people being friends with a hateful couple like that. They might have gay relatives who tolerate them and are polite to them.

Lori posts about television and celebrities almost as much as she posts about the damn Duggars. My guess is that if her ass isn't glued to the computer, it's glued to the tv.

*Disclaimer* I D.E.S.P.I.S.E beauty pageants with everything in me, but there was was something especially stupid about the chick with the red cup. Good God, is that what we call talent now?

Yeah, she has posted a lot about TV in the past. I remember she used to The View and The Talk. She also watches football with Ken. I remember her praising Hallmark channel movies and shows. That wasn't surprising, since Hallmark channel seems to target the conservative Christian audience. Another thing with Lori is that she will praise any celebrity who states that they wish they could be or could have been a SAHM.

Lori's fangirling of the Duggars is a bit odd because if she and the Duggars had the chance to interact in IRL, I don't think the Duggars would even like Lori. They would find her too worldly for several reasons. Lori and a lot of Duggar fans that aren't hardcore fundies don't realize that the Duggars are taking advantage of them for ratings, book sales, and other things. The Duggars know they can't survive without fundie lites, Evangelicals, liberals, and other fans that aren't hardcore fundies. There is a liberal faction of Duggar fans who basically think they are large loving harmless family. That liberal faction refuses to read up on the Duggars' connection with ATI and there previous website endoresement of the Pearls. The Duggars have done speaking gigs at mainstream megachurches and at mainstream Christian conferences. If they didn't have the show, I doubt they would even be going to those places. But they know there is bread and butter in those places and they can promote their TV show "ministry". When it comes down to it their fangirls like Lori are getting taken advantage of by the Duggars, but they just don't know it.

I am not a fan of beauty pageants either but my other half is. I walked out to the living room while Dixie cop was doing her talent. I looked at him and said "what?" and he just laughed.

10 minutes later he walked in and said Dixie cup won. If I was a contestant I'd be very upset.

Archived