IGNORED

Lori IS learning...just not from you. Or you. Or her.

You know, one bit of advice that always resonated with me is to not be afraid of dissenting opinions, nor of attacks to my beliefs or doctrine. If what you believe is true, it will withstand scrutiny and you shouldn't be afraid to respond to any questions, from anybody, for any reason.

Lori is afraid to respond to any challenging questions, or to invite any scrutiny to her beliefs... she just hits the delete button. To me, that speaks volumes.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Comments like yours, Carmine, make all the "abuse" I receive worth it!

Dear Lori, you have not been abused in any shape or fashion. If anyone is the "abuser" here, you need look no further than the mirror to identify her.

This is going to save lori a lot of time, not having to sit at her computer all day deleting comments. Maybe ken will eat something more substantial than a salad now.

Lori's reply to Roxy was priceless:

Yes, Roxy, this is my classroom and I should be able to steer the conversation in the way I feel is appropriate and lends to the building up of others, not tearing down.

I'm still trying to find a post in which Lori actually builds up someone other than herself or another vile blogger.

Further, there are some older Christian women here...women older than Lori I'd bet. I wonder if they are allowed to critique Lori's posts since God COMMANDED them to teach younger women. Kind of like how Lori wandered over Kelly's Korner to offer her completely unsolicited opinion. :whistle:

Related to this, I wonder if Lori has any older mentors in her life. She has praised her mother on the blog, but she has trashed her parents a few times on the blog. I recall her saying something about her father not being godly enough and I also recall her saying about her mom not being submissive.

Wasn't there an older female relative or Lori or Ken's who was commenting on the blog recently?

I've said this before, but Lori is horrible person to take advice from.

Readers accuse me of deleting comments, not respecting other's views, and NOT learning, completely opposite of the name of my blog. My blog is a teaching blog. My ministry is to teach young women to love and obey their husbands, be keepers at home, love their children, be sober and good. It is not to garner a bunch of opposing ideas and "what ifs
." In other words. People accuse me of not giving a shit about other people's opinions about the bible and how it has been variously read and understood historically. They are right. Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

I am always learning but I am learning from God's Word and from those who preach and teach God's Word. I am very selective in who I listen to. I don't just listen and learn from any one so this accusation against me is baseless. I don't desire to learn from a bunch of people who oppose what I teach and try to poke holes in it
. I'm always learning--and what I'm always learning is that I'm always right. I learn this by making a point of only listening to people who agree with me--since anyone who challenges me is clearly wrong.

I am also very selective about the comments I allow on my blog. Yes, I allow opposing views but I try not to allow too many because it distracts from the message I am trying to teach. I have written about this before in my post about red herrings. Those are comments that try to pull the readers off track, whereas the comments I am talking about today, simply oppose my message.
I also find that it is best if I don't allow anyone who reads my blog to read much/anything that I disagree with--it might make them think about things I don't want to think about myself and don't want women to think of. Plus, it pisses me off.

That is fine. I am not trying to run any one's life. I am only teaching God's Word as I interpret it and I try to interpret it very literally. I don't want to spend my days continually defending my teachings. If true and honest questions are asked, I love to answer them but when readers disagree to disagree, it wastes both of our time since I am not going to change my mind.
It is fine that people disagree with me, because I know that my interpretation of God's word is the most accurate available, since I take it on face value, literally and without any real thought. Plus, once I decided to concentrate on only about 6 verses, it got easier. I may have to put up with Ken not always agreeing with me, but not just bad people on the internet.

A godly bible teacher or friend or even my husband can exhort and rebuke me and I listen since I know they are full of wisdom and have my best interest at heart. But some reader who really has no interest in the Truth but just wants to tear apart my message will be allowed no place on my blog. There are many other places you can go to and hear the message you want to hear but few teach the things I teach.
As I said, I may have to listen to Ken bitch me out over my blog, but I don't have to listen to heathens... this is my blog, damn it, and if you don't like it, do what I do-- only read things you agree with!

I don't like watered down, lukewarm teaching. I love to challenge people with the Truth and have it infiltrate every area of their lives. I desire more than anything to be a godly, submissive help meet to Ken. Is is easy? Not always but I am learning to take rebuke and correction from him easily because I want to learn so badly. I find that the more submissive I am to him, the better our marriage becomes
. I don't like watered down rules and any sort of gray area, since it requires making thoughtful decisions instead of just saying the same thing over and over, whether I understand it or not. Maybe I can just win you all without a word! I love calling myself a godly submissive helpmeet to Ken, because it gives me a chance to ennumerate his many flaws from the last 35 years and passive aggressively bitch about them publically. But, so far it is working and Ken hasn't dumped my sorry ass.

Sure, there are a lot of "what ifs" with every thing I teach. This is where wisdom and each couple seeking godly advice comes to play. I try to touch on many things but I may not touch on every "what if" every time. No, wives don't submit if they are asked to sin, allow harm to themselves or their children, or are being physically abused. This should be common sense but common sense seems to have flown out the window these days
. I hate the what ifs, because, while I have, historically said that you just obey no matter what, some of you keep arguing that in the rare event that a person has a husband worse than Ken, should a person leave. Obviously, my stance is biblical and it is that if I have to have a sucky marriage in exchange for bad sex grudgingly given and public obedience, then you should too.

I teach biblical Truth and each of you get to decide how it relates to your specific situation and how to apply it. Pray about it. Discuss it and then come to conclusions. Every one gets to live their lives the way they want. God gave us free will but I want to use my freedom to live for Him. For now on, I will be moderating ALL comments since I am getting numerous accusations and destructive comments. Only those that can contribute positively to the conversation will be allowed. Thank you for your patience

I teach the only truth therer is, right from the bible and you get to decide if you are going to toe the line, be miserable, possibly ruin your own marriage and life by imitating my limited reading of the bible or not. Pray about it. If you feel God is telling you to go a different way, you are wrong. And, the comments are my little sorority, and I'm the selection committee--if your comment doesn't meet my needs, it will be deleted... ha ha ha.

Lori:

I am always learning but I am learning from God's Word and from those who preach and teach God's Word. I am very selective in who I listen to. I don't just listen and learn from any one so this accusation against me is baseless. I don't desire to learn from a bunch of people who oppose what I teach and try to poke holes in it

Salex:

I'm always learning--and what I'm always learning is that I'm always right. I learn this by making a point of only listening to people who agree with me--since anyone who challenges me is clearly wrong.

LOL funny and succinctly put. Love it!

Wasn't there an older female relative or Lori or Ken's who was commenting on the blog recently?.

Aunt Genny! I wonder if she'll be moderated? She wasn't one to go along with Lori's bullshit.

Aunt Genny! I wonder if she'll be moderated? She wasn't one to go along with Lori's bullshit.

Probably. There was also a young man named Ben who commented on Lori's blog several times in the past. He seemed to be someone they knew IRL. He disagreed with the things Lori was posting. Ken responded to him once regarding a posting Lori did about healthcare. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people Lori and Ken are related to or know have gotten fed up with them and called out Loriken on their shit. Lori has admitted on her blog that some women from her church have refused her advice. She also admitted that a couple that she Ken tried to mentor refuse to keep meeting with them. Loriken attends a megachurch, so I hope word has spread among congregants to not seek help or advice from the Alexanders. I have checked out the website for the church Loriken attends. It looks like a mainstream Evangelical church, but they also promote Mars Hill stuff. I don't know if it means they are promoting Mark Driscoll/Mars Hill stuff. But Lori has blogged about Driscoll a few times in the past.

Titus 2 talks very specifically about how Titus is to lead. This is a letter from Paul to Titus, a letter from one man to another.

Titus 2 says Titus is to teach the older men. "2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance."

Titus is to teach the older women. "3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good."

The older women are to urge the younger women. "4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

Titus is to encourage the young men. "6 Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. "

Now the slaves. "9 Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

Lori is right that she is not to be taught be just anyone. She is exclusively to be taught by Titus. Since he's dead, I guess the pastor of her church serves as Titus. This is not her husband. This is not her friend. This is not a godly bible teacher - not Beth Moore, not Debi Pearl. HER PASTOR.

So Lori, you might wanna get your sources right. Be taught by your pastor so that you can urge younger women to be busy at home.

I love Aunt Jenny. I think one of the reasons Lori is the way she is today is because she is used to people kowtowing to her. She has been spoiled and catered to, and in general I think people feel that it's easier to just go along with what she says than to argue. Aunt Jenny is obviously the exception.

She wrote a post back in 2011, and I think it gives a a great insight into her personality.

I am the oldest of three girls. I was bossy and controlling. Ask my sisters. They will tell you I always got my way.

Early life? Bossing her sisters about. Obviously the parents didn't do enough (or anything) to curb this behavior. This would have been an excellent time for someone to step in and inform Lori that the sun did not shine out of her ass, but unfortunately they didn't, and to this day she thinks that it does.

When our Homeowners Association wouldn't allow basketball hoops in our driveway, guess who wrote the letter protesting and went around and got all the signatures...Me!

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them they better shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me!

Or else what?

Ask my children how controlling I was...They had to sneak junk food, so I wouldn't get mad at them. I think they were actually afraid of me, which I don't necessarily think is bad. Kids should have a deep respect for authority.

I am lion...hear my roar!

Lori makes it very clear that she has gone through life expecting others to do as she said, no questions asked. She even wrote a comment in one of her blog posts admonishing another mom to not allow her children to ask questions once they'd been given instructions.

She went on to write about the great potato debacle:

Is wanting a potato so bad? That is all I wanted. After several days of excruciating pain and not hardly able to eat anything, I just wanted a potato, something soft and filling. I asked my dad to stop by my favorite health food store and pick up some vegetable soup.

He brought me chicken noodle. No potatoes...I asked Cassi to buy me some potatoes. The next day I went to put a potato in the oven and all the potatoes were green with brown spots all over them. No potatoes...

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me. I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes. I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!! I almost lost it. I did shed a few tears. I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???" Make her feel bad, you know. Then I remembered she put in all that effort to buy all the ingredients for me and cut up all the vegetables.

The day before, my dad was visiting me and gave me a foot massage and read some of My Utmost For His Highest to me as I sat with frozen peas on my head. He read about self-pity being satanic. I know that. I rarely give into self-pity because I know it is evil. It is telling God that He isn't doing a very good job being in control.

I remembered that as soon as I wanted to cry over no potatoes and days of being in pain. I have already had a lot of pain in my life. I have already had to miss many fun things in my life. But then I renewed my mind with God's Truth. He is in control and I must be content with what He is doing in my life. So I decided I was going to be okay without potatoes.

So Lori basically has people running in circles trying to cater to her (her 80 year old father massaging her nasty feet :oops: ) and all she can do is make passive aggressive jabs at them via her blog. She of course sings her "20 years of pain" song, which I suspect she also uses to control those around her.

She has written in detail about trying to control Ken (particularly what he ate). She has written that she is a taker and she "likes to be served".

Summary: I think the family tiptoes around her. I think they'd rather just smile and nod than have to listen to Godly Mentor Lori complain. In light of that I don't think it's any surprise that she's as dumb as she is. No one has ever questioned her, therefore she's never had to question herself. If she believes it, that settles it.

I also think that's why the "detractors" on her blog have been such a shock to her. She has clearly stated that she likes to be right, and having people proving her wrong right and left has proved infuriating. So DELETE!

I found this comment hilarious:

I agree with your new comment policy 100%. As you said, there are many people out there who only comment in order to disagree or tear down what you are saying. They have no interest in learning, but in being "right" or "disproving" you, or some other ulterior motive. Debating with them, really, is just a waste of time.

Isn't that Lori's end game? She wants to be right. Anyone who posts anything contrary to what she's saying is a "detractor" or an "exception". She doesn't want to learn from others, she wants others to learn from her, because she speaks for God!

She doesn't want anyone contradicting her on her blog, but she doesn't think twice about busybodying around the web looking for other bloggers to rebuke.

Lori Alexander is the exact definition of obtuse. Not quick in intellect or feeling, slow, not sensitive or observant.

And she likes it that way. She doesn't want to learn. While *I* wouldn't want to live that way, I'm not going to fault her for that. But she shouldn't call her blog "Always Learning" because that would be a lie. And as far as I know, the bible says not to lie. (It might not. Catholic School education had no emphasis on what the bible actually says.)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So far, so good, past the first filter of moderation -- let's see if it stays up!

Here are some of the things I am currently struggling with. I hope you can help me learn and understand.

First, I struggle with the gap between my own direct experience of God, and my own interpretation of the Bible on the one hand, and the descriptions and interpretations of others, including you, Dear Lori, who is so diligent in your desire to teach. I have seen Ken comment that one's direct experience of God, personal direction from Him takes precedence over someone else's interpretation. But when I have asked questions of various people to try to bring things into clearer focus in my own mind, it has caused some consternation. If I am to only listen to what God tells me directly, then how am I meant to hear someone else's interpretation that gives a very different result?

I am also confused as to the acceptable way to express confusion or lack of understanding. You say here that you love being challenged in your faith. When someone doesn't "get" something you have said and asks for clarification, is that the good kind of challenge or is that what you meant by a detractor? I would NEVER want to be seen as a detractor! but I am the type who is easily confused and needs to ask about each thing that seems to be a contradiction in my own mind, until it all makes complete sense. But I don't want to be a discouragement to others or to you! Please help me know when it's ok to question.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So far, so good, past the first filter of moderation -- let's see if it stays up!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Love!

I also predict that Ken will answer :dance:

When our Homeowners Association wouldn't allow basketball hoops in our driveway, guess who wrote the letter protesting and went around and got all the signatures...Me!

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them they better shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me!

So, she relishes the fact that she's the person all HOAs and Neighbors hate to see coming?

I suspect a lot of people in the neighborhood still love her a lot, don't you?

So Lori basically has people running in circles trying to cater to her (her 80 year old father massaging her nasty feet ) and all she can do is make passive aggressive jabs at them via her blog. She of course sings her "20 years of pain" song, which I suspect she also uses to control those around her.

Every time I hear about Lori's father rubbing her feet I think of the foot massage riff in "Pulp Fiction":

Jules: Look, foot massages don't mean shit.

Vincent: Have you ever given a foot massage?

Jules: [scoffs] Don't be tellin' me about foot massages. I'm the foot fuckin' master.

Vincent: Given a lot of 'em?

Jules: Shit yeah. I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin' or nothin'.

Vincent: Would you give a guy a foot massage?

[Jules gives Vincent a long look, realizing he's been set up]

Jules: Fuck you.

Vincent: You give them a lot?

Jules: Fuck you.

Vincent: You know, I'm getting kinda tired. I could use a foot massage myself.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
"But I am the type who is easily confused" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tip #1 to getting published on Lori's blog? Put yourself down and pretend you are less intelligent than Lori.

Only the commenter knows for sure if your questions are truly from the heart or meant to detract, as Satan is the master of lies and deception.

...did Ken just call us Satan? :lol:

And:

but we are going a hundred miles an hour with so many things to do, blog, work and family that what is appreciated is short questions that truly want a Biblical answer.

Lori has no job and no kids at home. How the hell is she going a hundred miles an hour?!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Love!

I also predict that Ken will answer :dance:

Ding! Keeee-rect!

...did Ken just call us Satan? :lol:

And:

Lori has no job and no kids at home. How the hell is she going a hundred miles an hour?!

Not a day in Lori's life has she gone a hundred miles an hour. She has been enabled by her parents, Ken (i.e. Ken's paycheck), various housekeepers and nannies and who knows who else to do the heavy lifting. She is a spoiled, vacuous, malevolent, ignorant, bullying and spiteful menace to society. Lori is Sarah Palin minus the eye wear.

Hey, it looks like Jesus met Lori!!!!!

image.png

Archived