IGNORED

Lori IS learning...just not from you. Or you. Or her.

Attention Everyone: You are here to learn from Lori. She is NOT here to learn from you!

Readers accuse me of deleting comments, not respecting other's views, and NOT learning, completely opposite of the name of my blog. My blog is a teaching blog. My ministry is to teach young women to love and obey their husbands, be keepers at home, love their children, be sober and good. It is not to garner a bunch of opposing ideas and "what ifs."

I am always learning but I am learning from God's Word and from those who preach and teach God's Word. I am very selective in who I listen to. I don't just listen and learn from any one so this accusation against me is baseless. I don't desire to learn from a bunch of people who oppose what I teach and try to poke holes in it.

I am also very selective about the comments I allow on my blog. Yes, I allow opposing views but I try not to allow too many because it distracts from the message I am trying to teach. I have written about this before in my post about red herrings. Those are comments that try to pull the readers off track, whereas the comments I am talking about today, simply oppose my message.

That is fine. I am not trying to run any one's life. I am only teaching God's Word as I interpret it and I try to interpret it very literally. I don't want to spend my days continually defending my teachings. If true and honest questions are asked, I love to answer them but when readers disagree to disagree, it wastes both of our time since I am not going to change my mind.

A godly bible teacher or friend or even my husband can exhort and rebuke me and I listen since I know they are full of wisdom and have my best interest at heart. But some reader who really has no interest in the Truth but just wants to tear apart my message will be allowed no place on my blog. There are many other places you can go to and hear the message you want to hear but few teach the things I teach.

I don't like watered down, lukewarm teaching. I love to challenge people with the Truth and have it infiltrate every area of their lives. I desire more than anything to be a godly, submissive help meet to Ken. Is is easy? Not always but I am learning to take rebuke and correction from him easily because I want to learn so badly. I find that the more submissive I am to him, the better our marriage becomes.

Sure, there are a lot of "what ifs" with every thing I teach. This is where wisdom and each couple seeking godly advice comes to play. I try to touch on many things but I may not touch on every "what if" every time. No, wives don't submit if they are asked to sin, allow harm to themselves or their children, or are being physically abused. This should be common sense but common sense seems to have flown out the window these days.

I teach biblical Truth and each of you get to decide how it relates to your specific situation and how to apply it. Pray about it. Discuss it and then come to conclusions. Every one gets to live their lives the way they want. God gave us free will but I want to use my freedom to live for Him. For now on, I will be moderating ALL comments since I am getting numerous accusations and destructive comments. Only those that can contribute positively to the conversation will be allowed. Thank you for your patience!

ps~ I hear a LOT of Ken in the last portion of this.

Link:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/09/deleting-comments-and-not-learning.html

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the post yet, but when I got to work, the first thing I did was open up Lori's blog.

When I saw the title of the post, I almost did this: :cracking-up:

Thank you, Lori! I have been feeling tired and worn down, and I REALLY needed a good laugh.

I am SHOCKED, shocked I tell you, that Lori isn't actually interested in learning at all...

Actually what's really interesting is that she sees absolutely nothing wrong with saying that she is uninterested in debate, facts, or anything that is contrary to her world view on a blog titled "Always Learning". Lori, have you ever heard of irony?? I'd tell you to go look it up, but it probably isn't in the bible and thus you can't.

What she's essentially saying is that she only "learns" from like minded idiots. In other words, people she can sit there and nod her head at. I haven't seen an example of her "learning" anything since she claims Debbi Pearl "spanked her with her words".

New comment from RachelDaisy:

Who are some good, godly teachers that you trust? I am looking for more.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
SHIT YA'LL. That's not at all what I wrote. I wrote quite a bit more than that. I had an extra sentence about how I used to read Sheila's blog, but Lori helped me realize her teachings were fleshly. And then I asked her who she learned from so I could learn from them too.

Hullo, my good buddy, Lori! Did you enjoy your ten minute session with the Headship last night? I hope it wasn't everything you were dreading it to be. Margaritas later, m'kay???

Btw, you might want to change the tagline of your PRECIOUS blog:

A wise woman is ALWAYS LEARNING. She is open to change. She is ready to hear. She pursues knowledge.

Further, there are some older Christian women here...women older than Lori I'd bet. I wonder if they are allowed to critique Lori's posts since God COMMANDED them to teach younger women. Kind of like how Lori wandered over Kelly's Korner to offer her completely unsolicited opinion. :whistle:

New comment from RachelDaisy:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
SHIT YA'LL. That's not at all what I wrote. I wrote quite a bit more than that. I had an extra sentence about how I used to read Sheila's blog, but Lori helped me realize her teachings were fleshly. And then I asked her who she learned from so I could learn from them too.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
She is pulling a Maxwell! Edit the shit out of a comment, and then post it as if that's what the author wrote!

Hullo, my good buddy, Lori! Did you enjoy your ten minute session with the Headship last night? I hope it wasn't everything you were dreading it to be. Margaritas later, m'kay???

You are on point this morning, littlemommy. This nearly made me lose my shit I was laughing so hard.

Lori, life is full of what its. When you dismiss comments and questions as red herrings, you are not begin a wise mentor. Submit more, obey, and hit harder are dangerous pieces of information that can and do cause harm and abuse.

I think you do realize what yo

Don't you just love it? My fave lines are:

There are many other places you can go to and hear the message you want to hear but few teach the things I teach.

You've got that right! Lori is one of a kind, I tell you!

and

I desire more than anything to be a godly, submissive help meet to Ken. Is is easy? Not always but I am learning to take rebuke and correction from him easily because I want to learn so badly. I find that the more submissive I am to him, the better our marriage becomes.

Whatever they're doing must really be working because they seem sooo happy together. :lol:

and

For (sic) now on, I will be moderating ALL comments since I am getting numerous accusations and destructive comments.

She says this as if it's something new, lol.

Poor Lori, she's still ignoring the "what ifs" as if they don't exist in her privileged world. Still, she's plugging on, still persecuted, still being the little martyr, still never learning.

I wonder if Klorien's kids were allowed to ask questions in that house. When those poor kids were growing up, did they get smacked for asking for a clarification of scripture? Were they allowed to say "what if I get home before you and the door is locked?" Were they met with heavy sighs and ridicule for getting off topic?

I said it before and I will say it again: Lori is the total embodiment of 2Tim 3:7 : "Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

I'd post it to her blog but I know she will delete it.

I said it before and I will say it again: Lori is the total embodiment of 2Tim 3:7 : "Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

I'd post it to her blog but I know she will delete it.

Don't worry, she and ken can read it right here!

Lori, if you are getting destructive advice. If someone is injured or killed because of your submit more, obey, and hit harder, you will have on your hands. You agree a cold-blooded, unfeeling, narcissist, fucking monster! Same goes for you Ken. Neither of c c&z xyou have the brains or common sense to train a dog, much less give advice to women who are in toxic, abusive relationship s

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The mystery about her blog title is solved! Lori's "Always Learning" from Steve Maxwell, about how to edit other people's words to make herself look good.

Grand. :roll:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The mystery about her blog title is solved! Lori's "Always Learning" from Steve Maxwell, about how to edit other people's words to make herself look good.

Grand. :roll:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Can you imagine what would have happened if the Helpmeets had gone in and edited Ken's comments when he was here??? Hell, he was flipping the fuck out when we were quoting him verbatim. He would have Google sued us to hell and back if we'd done what Lori is doing.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I've found that the trick to getting her to publish my comments is:

1. Stealth attack - don't make the criticism really blatant at first.

2. Quote scripture. Lots of it. Google is your friend when searching for quotes, and you can find one for every occasion.

3. Any scripture quoting or theological argument or "more righteous than thou" approach tends to intimidate her. She'll run to Ken for backup, and won't delete stuff once he posts.

4. Occasionally, flattery works. Post the odd comment about the wedding pics being lovely or her grandchildren being precious.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I've found that the trick to getting her to publish my comments is:

1. Stealth attack - don't make the criticism really blatant at first.

2. Quote scripture. Lots of it. Google is your friend when searching for quotes, and you can find one for every occasion.

3. Any scripture quoting or theological argument or "more righteous than thou" approach tends to intimidate her. She'll run to Ken for backup, and won't delete stuff once he posts.

4. Occasionally, flattery works. Post the odd comment about the wedding pics being lovely or her grandchildren being precious.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I love your comments there!

Sooo... is anyone else starting to wonder if some of Lori's leg-humpers are Lori socks?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Or are they all just us assholes? :P

Lori, in a comment a couple of minutes ago: " I love being challenged in my faith..."

No. No, you don't, Lori. :liar:

Sooo... is anyone else starting to wonder if some of Lori's leg-humpers are Lori socks?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Or are they all just us assholes? :P

I have on numerous occasions. If Lori would edit comments and pretend she's not copying other sources for her posts, she'd surely fabricate leg-humpers. I don't see much integrity here with her or with Ken.

Lori, in a comment a couple of minutes ago: " I love being challenged in my faith..."

No. No, you don't, Lori. :liar:

Sigh, she's either a liar or totally delusional. :angry-banghead:

Archived