IGNORED

Lori IS learning...just not from you. Or you. Or her.

Lori uses the Miss America pageant to shill for the Pearls--completely ignoring that the newly-crowned Miss America volunteered for Planned Parenthood and is making her platform about domestic violence awareness.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori's fangirling of the Duggars is a bit odd because if she and the Duggars had the chance to interact in IRL, I don't think the Duggars would even like Lori.

This is so true. The fundies I know IRL closely resemble the Duggars *some even stricter, in that they would never allow for their families to be filmed*.

I think the Duggars started out with purer motives. Of course now, they've gone and sold out to the almighty $$$, but I do think the origins of their weirdness came from a true desire to please God.

I speculate that Lori and Ken, on the other hand, do what they do out of sheer kink. It all revolves around spanking and submission, submission and spanking. Lori is so obvious, it's ridiculous. She's just not smart enough to realize it.

Anyway, based on my experience with fundies (and I have a lot unfortunately), these are the following things that hardcore fundies would object to with Ken and Lori:

~Dress code- Lori wears pants, shorts, and dresses above the knee. Her daughters dress in a fashion that Ken describes as "Christian risque". For those wondering, "Christian risque" apparently means: Just like most other young women their age, but they're special because GOD!

~Wine- Lori drinks it. The hardcore fundies I know wouldn't touch the stuff under any circumstances.

~# of children- Lori can prattle on about her health all she wants, but the fundies I know would have kept producing or died trying. The value of the women is totally wrapped up in their ability to produce little "arrows" for Jesus. Encouraging other women to do what you didn't doesn't count.

I know one of her daughters struggles with fertility issues, but the other has been married for almost a year with no pregnancy in sight. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the real world, but in fundie land (when coupled with the fact that her husband is trying to continue his education) they'd be getting the side eye. My guess? No baby anytime soon for them. On purpose. Idle speculation, but anyway...

Dancing- Lori, Ken, and their children do it. The Duggars think it is sinful. Saying that you are dancing for Jesus doesn't an excuse make. The end.

Homeschooling- Lori took a pass at it and gave up. A true fundie would have graduated them from SOTDRT.

College/Work/Dating- File under: Things Lori's daughters did.

Courtship: File under: Things Lori's daughters didn't do.

Ps Lori- If Michelle Duggar walked her brood past (possibly) you and (definitely) your daughters, you know what would happen? She'd furiously whisper, "NIKE!!!!!" :whistle:

Anyway, based on my experience with fundies (and I have a lot unfortunately), these are the following things that hardcore fundies would object to with Ken and Lori:

(list snipped for brevity)

Koala, are you trying to tell us that Lori and Ken are . . .

[bBvideo 560,340:2p2awzba]

[/bBvideo]

EXCEPTIONS?

Oh and as I was browsing Loris' FB for a picture to make a meme out of, there was one of her daughter Cassi leaving her wedding reception looking a little bit tipsy. There's nothing wrong with that AT ALL, but Lori claims to be a devoted follower of the Duggars and Pearls and they would shuuuuuuuun her for that.

Bahahaha from fb:

Several of you have told me that this woman worked for Planned Parenthood. I have no idea if it is true or not and I don't plan on investigating since this post isn't about her and who she is but about this one specific song. You all know I am completely against abortion in all forms but I am not promoting her on this post, just this song and how happy she is when she sings it. I don't investigate everyone's past when I write about them.

One more thing: Lori posted a Matt Walsh Supreme Douchelord link on her FB. :doh:

Tut tut tut... Lori's bestie Cabinetman would NOT approve.

Matt Walsh was one of those men who had been fooled into thinking women had value, according to Cabinetman!

EDIT: Wasn't sure I had brought the info over in a quote way-back-when, but here it is!

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/how-even-christians-view-girls-women/

I think Matt Walsh has a lot of good things to say about culture in general. I think he is one of the good guys, just as my friend is. But by and large I find him to have this same blind spot towards women and what we teach men & women about women. It does no one any favors, not men & certainly not women.

Tut tut tut... Lori's bestie Cabinetman would NOT approve.

Matt Walsh was one of those men who had been fooled into thinking women had value, according to Cabinetman!

EDIT: Wasn't sure I had brought the info over in a quote way-back-when, but here it is!

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/how-even-christians-view-girls-women/

Listen, spanking totally trumps Cabinetman in Lonney Lori Land. She'd probably sit down and chat with the devil himself if he'd discuss spanking with her.*shudder*

SHUT THE EFF UP YOU GUYS.

Lori scrubbed her post of all mention of Miss America.

lol...that blog seems like it may be more trouble that it's worth :lol:

lol...that blog seems like it may be more trouble that it's worth :lol:

Her FB explanation:

The post I posted earlier has been changed. Several readers told me something about the woman I had featured earlier had been involved in something that I would very much disapprove of so I changed the picture and the post a bit. I am sorry if it offended anyone.

Do you know how boring reading ISO 31000 is? Stalking Lori is far more fun.

So, she went from "I don't care what you all tell me, my post will stand as it is. I simply don't have time to actually research my topics."

Several of you have told me that this woman worked for Planned Parenthood. I have no idea if it is true or not and I don't plan on investigating since this post isn't about her and who she is but about this one specific song. You all know I am completely against abortion in all forms but I am not promoting her on this post, just this song and how happy she is when she sings it. I don't investigate everyone's past when I write about them.

To, "Crap! Ken read my Facebook page and made me change everything.'

The post I posted earlier has been changed. Several readers told me something about the woman I had featured earlier had been involved in something that I would very much disapprove of so I changed the picture and the post a bit. I am sorry if it offended anyone.

So, she went from "I don't care what you all tell me, my post will stand as it is. I simply don't have time to actually research my topics."

To, "Crap! Ken read my Facebook page and made me change everything.'

Yep. :lol: It's much more Ken's page these days than hers, anyway. I'm waiting for the picture and bio on the sidebar to change to Ken. 8-)

I was offended Lori--offended that you were exploiting our new Miss America to promote a book that teaches things that she is working to stop.

Uggg, that son in the not!Miss America picture is the spitting image of Ken.

Maybe Nameless Son is a nice guy, I don't know. But the resemblance to the Great Satan is tto much for me

This is so true. The fundies I know IRL closely resemble the Duggars *some even stricter, in that they would never allow for their families to be filmed*.

I think the Duggars started out with purer motives. Of course now, they've gone and sold out to the almighty $$$, but I do think the origins of their weirdness came from a true desire to please God.

I speculate that Lori and Ken, on the other hand, do what they do out of sheer kink. It all revolves around spanking and submission, submission and spanking. Lori is so obvious, it's ridiculous. She's just not smart enough to realize it.

~Dress code- Lori wears pants, shorts, and dresses above the knee. Her daughters dress in a fashion that Ken describes as "Christian risque". For those wondering, "Christian risque" apparently means: Just like most other young women their age, but they're special because GOD!

~Wine- Lori drinks it. The hardcore fundies I know wouldn't touch the stuff under any circumstances.

~# of children- Lori can prattle on about her health all she wants, but the fundies I know would have kept producing or died trying. The value of the women is totally wrapped up in their ability to produce little "arrows" for Jesus. Encouraging other women to do what you didn't doesn't count.

I know one of her daughters struggles with fertility issues, but the other has been married for almost a year with no pregnancy in sight. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the real world, but in fundie land (when coupled with the fact that her husband is trying to continue his education) they'd be getting the side eye. My guess? No baby anytime soon for them. On purpose. Idle speculation, but anyway...

Dancing- Lori, Ken, and their children do it. The Duggars think it is sinful. Saying that you are dancing for Jesus doesn't an excuse make. The end.

Homeschooling- Lori took a pass at it and gave up. A true fundie would have graduated them from SOTDRT.

College/Work/Dating- File under: Things Lori's daughters did.

Courtship: File under: Things Lori's daughters didn't do.

Oh I agree on the bolded regarding family size. I can picture people like Zsu, SuperCatholic Abigail and others ripping Lori for not having more kids despite health problems. I also think Lori is in the dark about what comes with having a large family. Yes, she had four kids which isn't too small, but it looks like Ken supported them comfortably on his salary from the consulting business. Now let's say, Lori didn't have health problems and she had more kids. She and Ken could have been struggling to support them on that salary combined with living in an expensive state. I think Lori the fact that her family is able to go on vacations at least once a year. If they had larger family, those vacations might not be happening now. I get the sense Lori doesn't seem like a person who can handle being around a lot of kids each day. I don't even think Lori would last a day trying to care for let's say, Zsu's kids.

Lori's younger daughter is married to a young man who is starting his first year of dental school. My guess is they are waiting to have children and it makes perfect sense for several reasons. I suspect the same will happen with Lori's orthodontist son Steven and his law school student wife. Steven and Emily are moving to upstate New York where he is starting his orthodontic career. I don't know if the wife will be continuing her law education and I hope she does. But I can see them waiting while Steven spends a few years really establishing himself in his career and/or if she finishes law school, takes the bar and passes, and starts her career.

More mindless blathering from Ken today.

Referring to his children:

...who I loved dearly after the age of six months when they could play :).

Nice.

Another endorsement for marital rape:

The Apostle Paul makes it so simple. You don't get to decide when to have sex as your has authority over your body.

10 minutes and LUBE!

pleasing each other takes very little time up in a whole week.

So little time and energy that it is embarrassing it seems to even have the discussion at times, because so much of the discussion centers around a lack of priorities and selfishness.

Decoder:

"Someone" is a 10 minute wonder :whistle:

What's really embarrassing is how obvious Ken and Lori are. *gag*

You know, I can honestly say Bigdaddy (heh!) and I have only had sex when we both felt like it. And that makes us....err....selfish? Against Jesus? :doh:

You know, I can honestly say Bigdaddy (heh!) and I have only had sex when we both felt like it. And that makes us....err....selfish? Against Jesus? :doh:

Oh, dear! That makes you a HAPPY couple. Lori and Ken much prefer to be HOLY; because you can't be both, dontchaknow?!

Oh, dear! That makes you a HAPPY couple. Lori and Ken much prefer to be HOLY; because you can't be both, dontchaknow?!

Ah, it is clear to me now. Thank you. I am, after all, ALWAYS LEARNING!

Listen, spanking totally trumps Cabinetman in Lonney Lori Land. She'd probably sit down and chat with the devil himself if he'd discuss spanking with her.*shudder*

Lori would talk to KEN?!?! :wink-kitty:

10 minutes? Then you ain't doing it right. Now that my mister is pretty darn healthy again...well...let's just say that 10 minutes isn't long enough for a quickie...

Archived