IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

My thought about this is that it is Boob's way of keeping John David home on the farm.

I am waiting for Boob to open the Duggar Birthing Center, Duggar Accounting and maybe Duggar Photography.

It seems to me, that Boob doesn't want any of his children to have the slightest bit of independence.

A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery moved into a house that Boob owns (fairly close to the compound) when Jill and Jana were still apprenticing there. So this isn't that far-fetched.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't find this strange at all.

JB gets to keep the strings on JD. Josh bolted for DC and off JB's car lot.

How would the girls even now what to dream about? They've been indoctrinated and isolated all their lives, all they know is to marry and have babies. They don't need any career opportunities, no businesses built for them. They just need to marry men who have that.

And look, lots of people actually try to help their kids get a start in life. That's not a character flaw.

I remember reading or seeing that Boob and Mullet weren't too pleased with JDs pilot dream, because he would be away from his future family a lot blablabla - I can totally see Boob doing this to stop JD from breaking away

A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery moved into a house that Boob owns (fairly close to the compound) when Jill and Jana were still apprenticing there. So this isn't that far-fetched.

Or work for anyone else, but him! Control forever!

This doesn't surprise me at all. Boob has his hands in so many pots, I bet he fashions himself the fundie Trump. What type of insurance is required taking passengers? Are family members exempt?

This puts me in an awkward position, but Jim Bob does have better hair than Trump. Granted it is a shellacked helmet head vs. a former guinea pig, but Jim Bob's hair is better than Trump's.

We should have a contest to design the flight attendants uniforms for the future DuggarAir:

Long denim skirts, flip flips, long hair, giant-ass flower headbands...

Meal service: Choose between Tater Tot casserole or Chickenetti...

We should have a contest to design the flight attendants uniforms for the future DuggarAir:

Long denim skirts, flip flips, long hair, giant-ass flower headbands...

Meal service: Choose between Tater Tot casserole or Chickenetti...

Kirk Cameron movies as in flight entertainment

I was going to post about this!

I also hope JD knows everything there is to know about airplane maintenance, and if he's not doing maintenance himself that he has someone working for him who does. (For his safety and others). My dad used to have a private pilot's license, and loves airplanes and is constantly watching documentaries about planes. Also, I believe if he rents the plane out to others if they just want to fly for a few hours, he can make back what the plane cost over time (I know this because my dad really wants a plane, and tried to convince my mom with this). However, he'd still be responsible for maintenance and liable if there was a mechanical failure or something similar if someone else was flying.

I don't know what kind of insurance is needed for taking passengers with him. I can imagine he'd have to pay some amount, especially if others hire him. He could have people sign a waiver saying he/Duggar Aviation is not responsible for loss of life...

And they can't have Duggar Legal Services because that would require going to a big bad school beyond CollegeMinus.

My brother worked his way up from mechanic to his current position of Inspector at a major airline. He says that he does not think private aviation has the kind of regulation that commercial aviation does when it comes to maintaining planes. He thinks that a lot of private planes do not get the service they need. My brother is a by-the-book person when it comes to airplane maintenance. He took two planes out of service at Christmas and the executives hit the roof but he maintained his position and would not sign off on allowing the planes to fly. The FAA reviews maintenance records and they are a testy bunch, thankfully.

I think Jim Bob has jumped the shark. He seems to fancy himself as a celebrity/business baron. Honestly, he comes across as dumb as a brick but I am likely underestimating him. TLC treats him like royalty so his ego must be enormous.

My brother worked his way up from mechanic to his current position of Inspector at a major airline. He says that he does not think private aviation has the kind of regulation that commercial aviation does when it comes to maintaining planes. He thinks that a lot of private planes do not get the service they need. My brother is a by-the-book person when it comes to airplane maintenance. He took two planes out of service at Christmas and the executives hit the roof but he maintained his position and would not sign off on allowing the planes to fly. The FAA reviews maintenance records and they are a testy bunch, thankfully.

I think Jim Bob has jumped the shark. He seems to fancy himself as a celebrity/business baron. Honestly, he comes across as dumb as a brick but I am likely underestimating him. TLC treats him like royalty so his ego must be enormous.

I think that's probably true, but I also am of the understanding that someone chartering a plane means that it is a commercial operation and must be operated under those FAA guidelines.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I work for an organization that traffics in light aircraft (chartering flights and such), and while I don't work with the aircraft themselves, the guidelines to be in compliance with the FAA are pretty strict, and the FAA standards matter a lot when the guys do maintenance. Perhaps the FAA would care less about checking us out, though, because we are small.

I can see Boob wanting to keep his kids close, but JD is one of the last ones I would've thought would try to break free. He seems a little dim. I would love to see Boob's excuse for duch a big purchase like this if all JD is doing is chartering family back and forth.

Although someone that graduated from ATI SOTDRT being in the skies makes me a little nervous.

Yes, private jets may or may not be commercial. Anybody charging people to fly on them would be commercial. It's the planes that people buy for pleasure flying that sometimes lack proper maintenance, just as people may or may not maintain their own car properly. Though, I seem to remember that my parents, who lived in Florida, had to provide proof of maintenance when they paid their yearly registration fees on their car. Don't know if that is still the case or if other states do it. Here in California, we do not.

As you exit the aircraft, the flight attendants will say "Its been such a blessing to fellowship with you. Buh-bye!"

I always thought that ok, maybe they don't go thrifting anymore, maybe they have money for iphones, macbooks and other luxuries and can have Frappuccinos every day. But dayum, "fundie Trump" really describes Boob!? Wtf how much money do they have?!

I know of a Ruark relation who claims that whatever Jim Bob touches "turns to gold". Between the cell phone towers, the TLC $$ from the show (I would assume they get a portion of royalties for syndication and selling the episodes on iTunes/Amazon), books, and real estate this family is by no means struggling economically. We're talking probably millions here.

There has to be some way Boob sees this purchase as a way to turn a profit, like making JD a commercial pilot and charging for flights. I don't think much is done without some greater plan to make money from it.

I called.

It rang forever then put me to voicemail saying "for an interview contact (insert lady here) or check out our website!" from jim boob.

I wonder if they made up a company to get a tax break and plan to use the plane for personal purposes or if JD plans on having a business flying people around. But if you can't actually contact anyone about commissioning him for a ride, I'm thinking it could be the former.

planesplanesplanes.jpg

Very clever Guy!

Can't decide if he looks more like Face or Hannibal (from the original A-Team, not the movie). It has LOLDuggar potential, too.

:fainting: nonononono please don't ruin the a-team. :lol: my dad watched that (and mash) before we were fundie and the movie was pretty good too, imo

if anything let's call him Boss Hogg :twisted:

Speaking of MASH, I met Loretta Swit once. She seemed nice, but I don't think I've ever seen so much plastic surgery on anyone in my whole life.

And I'm with everyone who thinks JB just set this up as a tax shelter. From what we've seen on the show, John David just runs family and friends around on private fight errands. I hope Jim Bob gets investigated at some point for this.

ETA: Really, I can spell, just not until my coffee kicks in.

An LLC also means if something happens because of the plane owned by the LLC, only the LLC has financial liability. It protects the rest of the Duggars' property and interests.

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't want to hop on a plane with the most excitable guy in the world as the pilot........ but JD just hasn't proven bright enough for me to let him fly me anywhere! Sometimes I wonder if he even has a pulse....

I agree that JB is using his $$$ to keep some of the older kids close. But eventually that moola will run out.

And I agree- the family that buys everything used and brags about their cheap "red neck engineering" of vehicles and home repairs should not have a plane! Not only could he kill himself and any passengers, but what if he crashed into a house or a schoolyard full of children?

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't want to hop on a plane with the most excitable guy in the world as the pilot........ but JD just hasn't proven bright enough for me to let him fly me anywhere! Sometimes I wonder if he even has a pulse....

I agree that JB is using his $$$ to keep some of the older kids close. But eventually that moola will run out.

And I agree- the family that buys everything used and brags about their cheap "red neck engineering" of vehicles and home repairs should not have a plane! Not only could he kill himself and any passengers, but what if he crashed into a house or a schoolyard full of children?

That's my concern - that JB will try to save money by doing repairs himself or buying used/poor quality parts.

This really pisses me off. JD wants to be a pilot and gets an airplane. Josh wanted to be a lawyer didn't happen. He was also into audio/video production but that didn't happen either. Josiah wants to be an account, something his brother in law is, and I don't see that happening either. Jill got to be a midwife until she got married. Jessa wanted to be a cosmologist, didn't happen. Jinger wants to do photography but I don't see a website for her so I'm guessing it's another pipe dream. Why is JD the only one who gets to do what he dreamed of? Lawyer, accountant, cosmologist, photographer, and mid wife are things most parents would be proud to say their child is in that profession. Not the Duggars though. :angry-banghead:

Or, you can see it like this. Josh could have been where JD is if he waited. JD maybe quiet, but I am sure he is headstrong and able to get what he truly wants. JB hinted that it is time for JD to look for a wife. That was what, 2 or 3 years ago. So far, no woman insight.

Well, then those godless heathen schoolchildren would deserve it. After all, if they weren't at an evil public school, they'd be safe at the SOTDRT! :roll:

Archived