IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

Watermelon cakes are a bit of a trend at the moment - they are all over Pinterest. Brioni's is an impressive example - I wonder if they'll ever see the "dear friend" who made it again? I'm glad that there are adults around who are making the effort to make those girls feel special. It won't outweigh the damage done by their mother, but it's better than nothing.

The whole "mummy time is better than vegan lollies" thing is a very telling comment for an 8 year old who is with her mother in a confined space 24/7. For her mother's attention to be a rare treat Lauren must be even more tuned out than usual.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can speak personally on the watermelon cake. My dad is a vegan, and a watermelon cake is something he has asked for for his birthday before. If Brioni particularly likes watermelon, I don't doubt that she specifically asked for one. Kids are usually pretty black and white concerning likes and dislikes. I can fault Sparkles for many things, but not this. Plus, it looks pretty cool. A lot of effort was clearly put into making it.

I sincerely doubt Brioni asked for it specifically, and my reasoning behind that is simple: Lauren never directly states that Brioni asked for that particular "cake". If she had, she'd be shouting it from the heavens because OMG VEGAN CHILD.

I mean that watermelon was wonderful. I'm just perturbed by the fact there was no actual cake. I'll happily be in the minority on that one. :cracking-up: I'm aware of the trend to make cakes that look like watermelons, but that's not what this is. It's a carved watermelon. she could have had both!!! :dance:

I just really love cake!

Edited because i hit submit too early

I'm confused... are the watermelon cakes on Pinterest just fancy carved watermelons? Or are they cakes that look like watermelon? I thought the Brioni watermelon was very cute... but yeah most 8 year olds are going to also want actual cake of some type. Maybe she's not a big cake fan, though.

I'm confused... are the watermelon cakes on Pinterest just fancy carved watermelons? Or are they cakes that look like watermelon? I thought the Brioni watermelon was very cute... but yeah most 8 year olds are going to also want actual cake of some type. Maybe she's not a big cake fan, though.

I have seen both, mostly cakes that look like watermelons, and some fancily carved melons that people call cakes. And, more rare ime, watermelons meant to look like cakes.

They all look delicious :#

I forgot to add, in my previous post -- just look at the title of the blog entry. How many possibilities were there? Let me see . . .

Happy Birthday, Brioni

Brioni is (almost!) eight

So proud of Brioni

They grow up so fast!

or any of a thousand other ways she could have called attention to its being Brioni's big day, the kids having fun, etc.

But nope -- the title is A Vegan Party.

Because that's one of Lauren's current obsessions.

I forgot to add, in my previous post -- just look at the title of the blog entry. How many possibilities were there? Let me see . . .

Happy Birthday, Brioni

Brioni is (almost!) eight

So proud of Brioni

They grow up so fast!

or any of a thousand other ways she could have called attention to its being Brioni's big day, the kids having fun, etc.

But nope -- the title is A Vegan Party.

Because that's one of Lauren's current obsessions.

Except Lauren couldn't stick with veganism and is now eating meat as well as dairy - and not even ethically produced meat from "happy" animals, just the run of the mill meat that gets put into supermarket processed food.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but in conjunction with her visit to the vegan artist and admiration of her extremist animal rights propaganda, forcing Aisha into a supermarket breakdown cause of her arbitrary food standards and Lauren's general holier than thou attitude and obsession with authenticity it's incredibly hypocritical and annoying.

Except Lauren couldn't stick with veganism and is now eating meat as well as dairy - and not even ethically produced meat from "happy" animals, just the run of the mill meat that gets put into supermarket processed food.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but in conjunction with her visit to the vegan artist and admiration of her extremist animal rights propaganda, forcing Aisha into a supermarket breakdown cause of her arbitrary food standards and Lauren's general holier than thou attitude and obsession with authenticity it's incredibly hypocritical and annoying.

Oh, yeah -- she's all over the place, as usual.

I guess I should have worded it better -- Brioni's being a vegan, and Lauren wanting credit for going out of her way to oblige, is one of her current obsessions.

Oh, yeah -- she's all over the place, as usual.

I guess I should have worded it better -- Brioni's being a vegan, and Lauren wanting credit for going out of her way to oblige, is one of her current obsessions.

You worded it fine, her sanctimonious air of superiority coupled with her hypocrisy just happens to annoy me so much that I can't resist pointing it out.

I saw that watermelon fake go by on Facebook a few weeks ago. I thought it was cute, as far as that sort of thing goes, and not being into cute, but it is pretty stupid to call it a cake.

When my son had to be off all gluten *and* eggs last summer, I got to be very good at cooking him basically vegan treats. It really isn't that complicated or difficult.

I saw that watermelon fake go by on Facebook a few weeks ago. I thought it was cute, as far as that sort of thing goes, and not being into cute, but it is pretty stupid to call it a cake.

When my son had to be off all gluten *and* eggs last summer, I got to be very good at cooking him basically vegan treats. It really isn't that complicated or difficult.

I find a lot of vegan baked goods are incredibly delicious....

Do these kids ever see a dentist or pediatrician? Just wondering...there seems to be literally no care. Also, Lauren must feel quite popular if she has to have "friends" help her out everytime her kids need a bath or she'd like to give them a birthday party. Lauren literally does nothing for her kids. "Friends" have to step in on their birthdays and provide a celebration. So sad.

Do these kids ever see a dentist or pediatrician? Just wondering...there seems to be literally no care. Also, Lauren must feel quite popular if she has to have "friends" help her out everytime her kids need a bath or she'd like to give them a birthday party. Lauren literally does nothing for her kids. "Friends" have to step in on their birthdays and provide a celebration. So sad.

She's made posts about them seeing the dentist, I believe it's once a year... iirc, they see a dentist that employs students because it's free, and in Australia they get some kind of free/subsidized dental care because the girls are school age.

It appears that Mama Sparkles has blocked me from her blog, just as I was about to lampoon some leghumper about the sorry state of Lauren's daughter's education. (I wasn't aware she could keep IPs from even viewing the site!)

This is a highlight for me! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited for riffles and because I think this is, in part, aimed at me :nenner:

facebook.com/SparklingAdventures/posts/823007521063711

I think Asia will thrive under a more structured environment that may be forced on the family in Iceland. Perhaps she could convince the two men to take her in as well.

I agree Dark Ants. Aisha always looks unhappy.

She is the oldest and probably remembers the stable life they had in the house. Her life has since done a complete 180. She is no longer living in a house with a structured schedule. I think sparkles has alluded to her enjoying the structure when they stay with friends.

Also, no matter the circumstances I can see her feeling like her father abandoned her. I felt that way whenever my bipolar mom was forcibly put into inpatient treatments multiple times. I would cry as a kid if I though someone forgot me even if they were just running late. I still fell that way as an adult at times but I can rationalize my way through that now. Therapy has helped so much. Its sad that Asia has not been able to fully process this because her mom seems to think its ***neutral***. In fact,I think her mom is trying to keep herself from grieving by constantly moving around. I think she moves the family when ever the feelings of grief start to show up.

The *** are the best I can do to symbolize sparkles. I hope you'd not mind.

She's made posts about them seeing the dentist, I believe it's once a year... iirc, they see a dentist that employs students because it's free, and in Australia they get some kind of free/subsidized dental care because the girls are school age.

It appears that Mama Sparkles has blocked me from her blog, just as I was about to lampoon some leghumper about the sorry state of Lauren's daughter's education. (I wasn't aware she could keep IPs from even viewing the site!)

It's "school dentist" not "dentist school". As children, their dental care is free. It's provided through schools, hence "school dentist".

All school children are eligible for the School Dental Service from the year they turn five until the end of Year 11 or the attainment of 17 years of age whichever comes first.

It's "school dentist" not "dentist school". As children, their dental care is free. It's provided through schools, hence "school dentist".

I am aware that Australia offers dental care for school aged children. When I read Lauren's 2013 post about the girls going to the dentist, it seemed like she was saying she takes her children to a dentist that employs students, because then it's completely free. (I made this assumption because there are similar low-income programs in my area, but the parents still pay a small amount out of pocket, usually about 20 ish dollars)

However, I just whipped out my phone to reread that particular post and I have no idea where I got that idea :cracking-up:

That's what I get for reading shit while drunk

She is the oldest and probably remembers the stable life they had in the house. Her life has since done a complete 180. She is no longer living in a house with a structured schedule. I think sparkles has alluded to her enjoying the structure when they stay with friends.

Also, no matter the circumstances I can see her feeling like her father abandoned her. I felt that way whenever my bipolar mom was forcibly put into inpatient treatments multiple times. I would cry as a kid if I though someone forgot me even if they were just running late. I still fell that way as an adult at times but I can rationalize my way through that now. Therapy has helped so much. Its sad that Asia has not been able to fully process this because her mom seems to think its ***neutral***. In fact,I think her mom is trying to keep herself from grieving by constantly moving around. I think she moves the family when ever the feelings of grief start to show up.

The *** are the best I can do to symbolize sparkles. I hope you'd not mind.

:text-+1: that makes so much sense. Those poor girls.

Brioni's birthday interview is up.

What does Lauren do during the day?

Well, she plans all our trips.

What do you do during the day?

Play!

So Lauren ignores her, basically.

And poor Brioni doesn't know what makes her sad?!? Well that's because it is such an inauthentic emotion that Sparkles won't let her acknowledge it. Jeez my kids could give you a list as long as their arm (probably starting with Brussels sprouts).

On the topic of Aisha I believe she may be slightly autistic/have aspergers etc. This is one of the things that really disturbs me about Lauren's choices because it means Aisha is constantly anxious and isn't getting the help she needs.

There is an old post of Lauren's somewhere that asks whether not believing in things like autism means they don't exist. I can't remember where.

I was IP banned last year - it's very authentic of her.

I was IP banned last year - it's very authentic of her.

Indeed! She loves people of all kinds... unless you disagree with her on more than one occasions. :nenner:

I guess she didn't like me pointing out that Brioni could have had a beautiful vegan cake, or pointing out that apparently, cow meat is bad, but pig meat is okay to eat.

It was fast too, less than five minutes! For a "gypsy" traveling the world, she certainly has amazing internet access.

Oh well. This ain't shit to me, in fact, it's a badge of honor.

Archived