IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

I have never, ever posted a comment on her blog, though I have been tempted a few times, especially her drivel about how they do NOT grieve Elijah's death and the lies she's been telling about this surrogacy that are directly contradicted by the surrogacy blog she yanked to hide the inconsistencies.

However, Lauren doesn't listen to anything but the wind between her own ears and use comments as fodder to drum up more support. She's also very quick to ban by IP and has been for the over two years I have followed her "adventures."

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never, ever posted a comment on her blog, though I have been tempted a few times, especially her drivel about how they do NOT grieve Elijah's death and the lies she's been telling about this surrogacy that are directly contradicted by the surrogacy blog she yanked to hide the inconsistencies.

However, Lauren doesn't listen to anything but the wind between her own ears and use comments as fodder to drum up more support. She's also very quick to ban by IP and has been for the over two years I have followed her "adventures."

I've never left a comment either.

When she was asking for questions for a Q&A I emailed her asking about her religious identity and spiritual journey. She replied that she was planning a post.

When the post didn't eventuate I posted about it here - that's when I was banned.

Hi Lauren!

I do find it interesting that her naysayers are getting more vocal on her. I'm sure she will continue to do her very best to silence them. But, I also have no doubt she will not close up shop and stop marketing herself and her children for attention either.

That said, it makes me extremely sad everytime I think about her confession that she is traveling halfway around the world with those girls and has deemed that they do NOT need toys for entertainment. Oh no, one lovie and those ipads and her girls are all set. Children need active, hand's on play and learning. They need their possessions available to them. It would NOT have been that difficult to make a carrying bag for each girl so they had some of their prized possessions to carry with them and entertain themselves around the world.

I think of the activity bags I have so lovingly packed for my children for long trips, including airplane trips of the duration they are doing. I think of how easy it was to make kids a priority and give them things to have and to hold onto...and Lauren thinks those stupid ipads make up for the childhood she is keeping them away from.

That said, it makes me extremely sad everytime I think about her confession that she is traveling halfway around the world with those girls and has deemed that they do NOT need toys for entertainment. Oh no, one lovie and those ipads and her girls are all set. Children need active, hand's on play and learning. They need their possessions available to them. It would NOT have been that difficult to make a carrying bag for each girl so they had some of their prized possessions to carry with them and entertain themselves around the world.

I think of the activity bags I have so lovingly packed for my children for long trips, including airplane trips of the duration they are doing. I think of how easy it was to make kids a priority and give them things to have and to hold onto...and Lauren thinks those stupid ipads make up for the childhood she is keeping them away from.

I'll WK her on this a bit... granted my kids are older and our trips weren't as long, but we just did a 3 1/2 week international trip with nothing but iPhones and iPads along. I think we had maybe 5 paperback books for them and a deck of cards that never got used. My youngest is 9, though. I loaded their Kindle apps with new books... so much easier than carrying a backpack full of paperbacks that they'll finish in the span of one 12-hour flight. When they were much smaller (um... almost 3, almost 6, and 11) we did a 6 week international trip. This was before the 'everyone and all their kids have an i-device' stage. But we didn't bring a lot of toys. We had some books and then the biggest hit was some play dough that we'd bring out at each place we stayed and add things to it from that location.... like mixing spoons from the kitchen or whatever. I think we had a few toy cars and toy trains as well.

Hopefully they'll pick some new fun items up on their travels. I think she said they each have a favorite blanket along.

I'm not surprised she shuts down those vocal about disagreeing with her, but am amused at how she does it.

She doesn't remove negative comments, just blocks the commenter from the site. Of course, if she removed comments, even her leghumpers would notice that, and people would start mentioning it.

But, when you simply stop people from posting again? It looks like they were just trolling and never came back. Plus, less people to disagree with you later!

Very authentic, Lauren!

I've never left a comment either.

When she was asking for questions for a Q&A I emailed her asking about her religious identity and spiritual journey. She replied that she was planning a post.

When the post didn't eventuate I posted about it here - that's when I was banned.

Hi Lauren!

Wow that's shit. Nothing says "I'm cool with my life philosophy" like shutting down people that question me.

I would still like her to answer that question you posed though.

I'm not surprised she shuts down those vocal about disagreeing with her, but am amused at how she does it.

She doesn't remove negative comments, just blocks the commenter from the site. Of course, if she removed comments, even her leghumpers would notice that, and people would start mentioning it.

But, when you simply stop people from posting again? It looks like they were just trolling and never came back. Plus, less people to disagree with you later!

Very authentic, Lauren!

good point. However I did see a few comments disappear after the Global gayby post. One referring to the global gayby website, the other I think pointed out this was a terrible thing to do to the other kids. But yeah on the whole she does leave the comments up.

good point. However I did see a few comments disappear after the Global gayby post. One referring to the global gayby website, the other I think pointed out this was a terrible thing to do to the other kids. But yeah on the whole she does leave the comments up.

I wonder if that was at the request of the gold stars? They took down the whole site (tho the facebook for it still exists)

She has removed comments that call out Free Jinger. Probably doesn't want more people knowing about us. Can't remember if she's removed a post about GOMI or not (there's quite a long thread about her on there as well).

Speaking of comments, there are some recent comments under the Day in the Life entry (8/17) from someone named Janine who is wildly defending Lauren and attacking schools, with huge walls o' text.

She may have broken the record for number of question marks at the end of a sentence.

I'll WK her on this a bit... granted my kids are older and our trips weren't as long, but we just did a 3 1/2 week international trip with nothing but iPhones and iPads along. I think we had maybe 5 paperback books for them and a deck of cards that never got used. My youngest is 9, though. I loaded their Kindle apps with new books... so much easier than carrying a backpack full of paperbacks that they'll finish in the span of one 12-hour flight. When they were much smaller (um... almost 3, almost 6, and 11) we did a 6 week international trip. This was before the 'everyone and all their kids have an i-device' stage. But we didn't bring a lot of toys. We had some books and then the biggest hit was some play dough that we'd bring out at each place we stayed and add things to it from that location.... like mixing spoons from the kitchen or whatever. I think we had a few toy cars and toy trains as well.

Hopefully they'll pick some new fun items up on their travels. I think she said they each have a favorite blanket along.

yes! shout out to play dough. it was a lifesaver on our last trip too. :lol: (4 year old with similar age cousins)

Speaking of comments, there are some recent comments under the Day in the Life entry (8/17) from someone named Janine who is wildly defending Lauren and attacking schools, with huge walls o' text.

She may have broken the record for number of question marks at the end of a sentence.

That's the person I was attempting to reply to when I discovered I was blocked muahahahahahha.

That's the person I was attempting to reply to when I discovered I was blocked muahahahahahha.

She doesn't exactly make Lauren's viewpoint seem sane and logical, does she?

She doesn't exactly make Lauren's viewpoint seem sane and logical, does she?

Indeed!

It's probably for the best I wasn't able to reply... it would have only fanned their humpfest and I wouldn't have been able to reply to the shitstorm directed at my comment (Lauren would surely have blocked me for pointing out that there are regulations and oversights in Australian home education that she's clearly not complying with)

Indeed!

It's probably for the best I wasn't able to reply... it would have only fanned their humpfest and I wouldn't have been able to reply to the shitstorm directed at my comment (Lauren would surely have blocked me for pointing out that there are regulations and oversights in Australian home education that she's clearly not complying with)

Plus, you know, OMG, what are your credentials exactly??? (like we need a PhD in educational theory to have an opinion that Lauren is doing homeschooling wrong...)

yes! shout out to play dough. it was a lifesaver on our last trip too. :lol: (4 year old with similar age cousins)

I've had a stern talking to by a security guy once about playdough. It was one of those mini packs, gift wrapped in a bag of other gift wrapped knick knacks. He held it, contemplated opening it, and told me not to bring it again, I thanked him profusely and was on my way. I think if I were less white, it might have led to problems so I never took it on a plane again. But this may have been shortly after liquid/gel restrictions began.

ETA, yeah, it was in the immediate aftermath, when no liquids at all were allowed on.

I am IP blocked but my post was downright mean. If I wasn't so utterly disgusted by her behavior I'd be ashamed by how mean it is. I was called out for my meanness and I am okay with that because hopefully the girls won't see it and if she sucks so much that they DO, they will know someone in this world stood up for them and called it like it really was.

An IP block isn't that hard to get around, LOL, so I've been back just to look around. I was completely surprised to see my nasty comment still standing. Why wouldn't she remove that? Or have comments moderated so she approved them before they appeared?

I actually had the nerve to post because she lives on the other side of the world. Otherwise I would find her very scary - she's got some serious issues going on.

I commented critically once, maybe about water safety? I can still read but don't know if I'm blocked from commenting.

Great post from Snarking Adventures on GOMI

Just being an amateur psychologist here. The unschooling post, and the post about the birthday, say to me that those little girls are not being given the opportunity to have 'mastery experiences'. Mostly, I believe, because they don't have a home and never settle in any environment for longer than a few days, they don't have academic, social or practical challenges (e.g. structured learning; encounters with peers and no adult intervention; making, fixing, arranging or cleaning stuff in their home, or learning a physical skill) that give them a sense of having set goals, strived, and either succeeded or failed. Such mastery experiences, along with social modelling and direct teaching (Lauren is pretty much their only role model, and she directly teaches them very little) are crucial to a child's development of self-efficacy – a belief in their own capability to execute effective actions in a range of circumstances.

Yes, they are able to roam around and learn about the natural world by observing things, and they learn a few physical skills on playground equipment and get their own food. That's all great for toddlers, it's probably the ideal way of raising a toddler. But not for older children, who whether Lauren likes it or not will grow up to live in a structured, complex, challenging world. Lauren herself had the benefits of structured living and education but denies these to her children.

I think deciding to be vegan, and cutting her own hair (is it the same girl? I can't remember which one is which) are a child's attempts at attaining mastery in the realms of ethics, health, appearance and social functioning. I know Lauren thinks it's just her kids being sparkling, but I think it's the kid saying to Lauren: give me some self-determination, I need something that I can strive for!

tldr: diet, hair and appearance are the only areas of their lives these girls feel they can control – Lauren needs to think about how scarily that mirrors the experience of girls growing up in the much-maligned mainstream culture.

I am IP blocked but my post was downright mean. If I wasn't so utterly disgusted by her behavior I'd be ashamed by how mean it is. I was called out for my meanness and I am okay with that because hopefully the girls won't see it and if she sucks so much that they DO, they will know someone in this world stood up for them and called it like it really was.

An IP block isn't that hard to get around, LOL, so I've been back just to look around. I was completely surprised to see my nasty comment still standing. Why wouldn't she remove that? Or have comments moderated so she approved them before they appeared?

I actually had the nerve to post because she lives on the other side of the world. Otherwise I would find her very scary - she's got some serious issues going on.

Re: the bolded: because it looks she's open to all opinions. If she removes comments, she opens herself to people questioning what ELSE she removes. It has the added benefit of making the blocked look like trolls who never bother to come back, even when (often) her leghumpers reply.

I'm still following her insanity, and I do see her block as a badge. :disgust: :disgust:

Thanks for quoting that here, August. The lack of learning to the point of mastery (for both practical and emotional reasons) and the possibility that they are grasping for anything they can control, are major concerns.

It also occurred to me that Brioni might be repeatedly cutting her hair to be as unlike Lauren as possible, but I could be reading way too much into it.

I've had a stern talking to by a security guy once about playdough. It was one of those mini packs, gift wrapped in a bag of other gift wrapped knick knacks. He held it, contemplated opening it, and told me not to bring it again, I thanked him profusely and was on my way. I think if I were less white, it might have led to problems so I never took it on a plane again. But this may have been shortly after liquid/gel restrictions began.

ETA, yeah, it was in the immediate aftermath, when no liquids at all were allowed on.

I should clarify, we flew to Australia, made play dough at my Mother-in-law's house, and then carried it all over Australia with us... I guess we did fly, but not internationally at that point.. and packed it in the checked luggage. Can't remember if we brought it on to New Zealand ... probably not.

From Brioni's birthday post:

What do you want to learn or do or visit before your next birthday?

I want to see snow, and I want to learn how to read more.

She wants to learn to read more? I take it to mean that she can't really read well. Poor kid. I hope she has enough self-motivation and insterest to push Lauren to teach her.

I should clarify, we flew to Australia, made play dough at my Mother-in-law's house, and then carried it all over Australia with us... I guess we did fly, but not internationally at that point.. and packed it in the checked luggage. Can't remember if we brought it on to New Zealand ... probably not.

Ours was a road trip and i just grabbed one of those bagged play doughs that comes with a cookie cutter when we stopped to get supplies. But that's a good reminder to be careful. There's so much to remember when traveling now. Play dough does look like that explosive stuff in movies, whatever it's called. (my hubby loves x-men type movies and i just catch bits here and there.) :lol:

I have seen both, mostly cakes that look like watermelons, and some fancily carved melons that people call cakes. And, more rare ime, watermelons meant to look like cakes.

They all look delicious :#

Yes, Brioni's watermelon cake really wasn't that fabulous. I've had 'watermelon' cake that was cut into a square and covered with whipped coconut cream and topped with blueberries and it looked like a cake and at the same party they served bite sized watermelon with whipped cream and sprinkles on it and it was for a vegan birthday and it was great but the birthday cake was a proper flourless chocolate cake and it was actually pretty good. A REAL CAKE.

Poor Brioni. That girls never gonna be allowed to leave her 'veganism'. I wouldn't mind, except she looks so unwell. I know vegans who look great - it takes a lot of work and food planning.

Leaving negative comments up plays into her persecution complex. But if they're purely rabid mean they don't even win any points from readers. You can't say "OMGZ your babies will drown!" You have to share a story of a child who drowned while being supervised by another child, or while playing in a group. You catch more flies with logic.

Archived