IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

Kristina, you have changed your beliefs on women working and wearing pants. It is pretty clear skimming those old threads that you were not believing that women can work outside the home and wear pants. Sure you said it was a conviction, but you also said it was a commandment and that women who wore pants were revealing their private areas.

~Do you still believe that pants reveal a woman's private areas?

~ Do you still believe that it is both a conviction and commandment that women wear pants?

~Do you still believe that you have no need of a college education because you "are not going to go out and getting a job"(your exact words)?

~Do you still believe that the Bible says women should work out of the home, but not outside the home?

~Do you still not approve of women working outside the home(you mentioned this several times on one of the old thread)?

If you are saying now that pants don't reveal a woman's private areas, aren't a commandment, that you would go get a job if needed, and that women working outside the home is biblical, then you have changed your beliefs on these subjects a great deal. Perhaps more than you originally thought. Change is normal, pretending that you didn't change isn't.

Since Kristina is back and answering questions I'm hoping she will answer these.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're planning to do Christian school once I get to the point where I can't teach them anymore.

In these situations, yes, I do believe it takes 2. There may be exceptions to it but so far all the marriages I've seen fall apart, it's been because neither were willing to give 100%

Do you feel like public school is wrong or just not for you?

The thing you say about marriages breaking up reminds me of things people say to try and reassure themselves that something like that would never happen to them. It sounds like you are trying to blame Jessica for the fact that your brother is the sort of man who abandons a pregnant woman with small children. Yes, I've seen plenty of marriages(might surprise you that almost all of them are courtship based.) where one spouse gave it their all but the other didn't so the marriage failed. Sometimes it ended in divorce, others are limping along with a miserable, broken marriage. I don't know the situation, maybe Jessica gave up on the marriage, but that still doesn't excuse the way your brother behaved or does it mean that it takes two to break a marriage. All it takes is for one to give up and walk away.

I've never had issues with women getting an education, I just said through correspondences. I see a female Dr because of the fact that I do not judge others for their decisions and choices and because I find it very uncomfortable to show all to a male I do not know.

The cognitive dissonance here interests me. You believe women should only get higher education through correspondence courses (or, I assume, online) but at the same time you want to go to female doctors. Your female doctor presumably went to a real, brick-and-mortar university - therefore as her patient, you're supporting her choice to attend a university, possibly leaving home. Would you trust your health to a doctor who only received their medical degree via correspondence? Do you vet your doctor to make sure she went to a correspondence/online school, or that she lived close to home with her parents while attending school, or whether she was unmarried while attending school?

And if you answer "no" to those: if you're using a female doctor who went away to a real university, isn't that encouraging others to not follow the way of life you think is the most godly? How do you reconcile that?

Disclaimer: I don't think all online degrees are bad in the medical field for continuing education (the university I work for has a few online nursing courses), but I've never heard of a credible way to get a medical degree entirely online or via correspondence.

I don't think all online degrees are bad in the medical field for continuing education (the university I work for has a few online nursing courses), but I've never heard of a credible way to get a medical degree entirely online or via correspondence.

At least in my state, all medical professionals that will work directly on patients must complete a certain amount of clinical hours to complete their degree/be licensed to practice. So there is no medical degree that can be completed solely by correspondence.

Also, there are continuing education requirements to keep your license, and correspondence/online classes do not always apply to those either.

Maybe it's just me, but all spankings for defiance ever did in my family growing up was teach me and my brother to lie to our parents face, aka 'keeping sweet'.

Hitting people isn't okay. No matter how big or small.

There are somethings that I'm not going to respond to simply because I have given an answer multiple times only to have the question rephrased.

Do I stand with Josh on gays...yes, we stand with the bible. See Romans chapter 1.

Do I still believe in disciplining my children...yes. How else will they learn right and wrong if they are not taught.

Do I believe in corporal punishment...yes.

Do I use the CIO method with my children...I have and it worked. We used it correctly. I have never placed my child in a crib to cry for hours until they just fell asleep. We've never had any issues with sleep time.

Have we used WIC and Food stamps...yes, temporarily. My husbands job had him off of work more than working in which he only got unemployment those weeks. We struggled. We have since been able to get off of those and are not currently on any type of government assistance.

How can you say I'm not a good mother when you don't know me and you have never seen me with my children?

Again, you don't know Josh. Yes, we take firm stands based on what the Bible teaches. How does that make him an angry, hateful bigot? Jesus himself called people dogs and vipers. Josh is a wonderful, caring father and an adoring husband. You're the first ones to spout "don't judge"...and also the first ones to do it.

Yes, I realize this all sounds a bit snippy but, it's not meant to come across that way...only "matter-of-fact"

Newsflash: not everyone follows your religion. Why do you feel it is acceptable to push your religion's view of homosexuality on the rest of us?

I can't even imagine the cost of sending 5+ kids to a private school for about 10 years each... :?

Newsflash: not everyone follows your religion. Why do you feel it is acceptable to push your religion's view of homosexuality on the rest of us?

I wasn't pushing. Someone asked and I answered. It would have never come up if I hadn't been asked about it.

Since Kristina is back and answering questions I'm hoping she will answer these.

I believe that pants can be modest if they are not worn skin tight.

I've already covered the conviction/commandment one a few posts back.

I have no need to get a job as long as my husband is healthy and able to provide. Josh and I have agreed that as long as he can and is working, I won't.

I still believe in working out of the home as the right thing to do. I can't make an adequit amount doing so though. If something were to happen to Josh, yes, I would have to go outside the home to work.

I'm in my 60's now and I regret spanking my kids. We found out our son is on the spectrum and his reluctance and/or defiance made me really upset when I thought back about the times I paddled him. When he was a teenager once he pushed me to the very limit and I slapped his face and then I broke out in tears.

Hitting your kids because you were hit (and I wasn't) isn't the way to teach them right and wrong. Showing them how to know the difference may be hard but it's well worth it. You didn't have any other knowledge so you are perpetuating the life your parents showed you.

God also said we were to love everyone. Even the gay people down the street who don't bother me a bit.

From what I read on your husband's FB he's a mean, vicious man. I remember you writing that your daughter who was a wee little thing telling her brother and sister not to be bad because Daddy would spank them. What kind of example is that?

I'm glad the God I believe in is a loving compassionate one who accepts all into his kingdom.

I wasn't pushing. Someone asked and I answered. It would have never come up if I hadn't been asked about it.

So you support gay marriage?

If you would vote to not allow legal gay weddings then you are pushing your religious beliefs on others. You are telling the churches that believe in gay marriages that they can't perform them. You are telling the Christian gay couples that want to get married because of their religious beliefs that they must obey YOUR beliefs, they can't practice their religious beliefs. If you vote for people who will remove rights from gay couples you are very, very much pushing your beliefs on others.

How would you feel if your church could not perform weddings and you and Josh couldn't get married because of someone else's religious beliefs?

I'm in my 60's now and I regret spanking my kids. We found out our son is on the spectrum and his reluctance and/or defiance made me really upset when I thought back about the times I paddled him. When he was a teenager once he pushed me to the very limit and I slapped his face and then I broke out in tears.

Hitting your kids because you were hit (and I wasn't) isn't the way to teach them right and wrong. Showing them how to know the difference may be hard but it's well worth it. You didn't have any other knowledge so you are perpetuating the life your parents showed you.

God also said we were to love everyone. Even the gay people down the street who don't bother me a bit.

From what I read on your husband's FB he's a mean, vicious man. I remember you writing that your daughter who was a wee little thing telling her brother and sister not to be bad because Daddy would spank them. What kind of example is that?

I'm glad the God I believe in is a loving compassionate one who accepts all into his kingdom.

Kloe was a toddler and had had a spanking because she did wrong after knowing not to do it. The twins would not have gotten a spanking for what they had done because they we're too small at that point for a spanking.

God is a God of love but, He is also a God of judgement. The Bible tells us that God will judge those who do not accept Him.

Kloe was a toddler and had had a spanking because she did wrong after knowing not to do it. The twins would not have gotten a spanking for what they had done because they we're too small at that point for a spanking.

God is a God of love but, He is also a God of judgement. The Bible tells us that God will judge those who do not accept Him.

God loves you, but only if you worship him/her/they in the right way, or you'll go to heeeeeeeeeeellllllll.

Then please tell me, do you also wish the death penalty for all those other sinners mentioned in Romans 1? People who gossip? People who brag? The insolent? How about the people who disobey their parents? Seems like you'll also have to murder those folks too- especially since you've already aligned yourself with the disobedient to the parents thing.

If you would vote to not allow legal gay weddings then you are pushing your religious beliefs on others. You are telling the churches that believe in gay marriages that they can't perform them. You are telling the Christian gay couples that want to get married because of their religious beliefs that they must obey YOUR beliefs, they can't practice their religious beliefs. If you vote for people who will remove rights from gay couples you are very, very much pushing your beliefs on others.

How would you feel if your church could not perform weddings and you and Josh couldn't get married because of someone else's religious beliefs?

So now it's gone political...

I vote because I have the right to, no matter which way I vote. I vote against gay marriage because it's not biblical and it's not natural. We live in a democracy, the people, as a whole, vote.

I vote because I have the right to, no matter which way I vote. I vote against gay marriage because it's not biblical and it's not natural. We live in a democracy, the people, as a whole, vote.

Then at least be gracious enough to admit that you vote to push your religious beliefs on other people and on other churches. You do have the right to vote how every you want, but if you are going to vote to tell churches and other people that they must follow your religion, at least own up to it.

Your brother has done more to destroy the sanctity of marriage then the gay couple I know who has been together for decades. They show more respect for marriage and each other then your brother did to either of his wives. Do you actively vote to stop your brother from ever getting married again?

So, if one day, "the people" voted that Christians should not be allowed to marry, you'd be okay with that?

In addition, what have I ever done to you that you want to ban me from marrying the woman I love?

Then please tell me, do you also wish the death penalty for all those other sinners mentioned in Romans 1? People who gossip? People who brag? The insolent? How about the people who disobey their parents? Seems like you'll also have to murder those folks too- especially since you've already aligned yourself with the disobedient to the parents thing.

In Romans where it talks about all those things and all that do them being worthy of death...we have all done those at one time or another, We are all worthy of death. Its because of what Jesus did on the cross that we can escape that death it's talking about. By accepting what Christ did for us.

So, if one day, "the people" voted that Christians should not be allowed to marry, you'd be okay with that?

In addition, what have I ever done to you that you want to ban me from marrying the woman I love?

No, I wouldn't be okay with it. On what grounds would there be for that? This nation was founded on the Bible and the bible is what I stand by.

In Romans where it talks about all those things and all that do them being worthy of death...we have all done those at one time or another, We are all worthy of death. Its because of what Jesus did on the cross that we can escape that death it's talking about. By accepting what Christ did for us.

So why single out the gays? We're all worthy of punishment, because humans are prone to sin, which is what Romans 2 tells us, but I never hear you mention that braggarts are unnatural and worthy of being murdered, quite like you and your husband single out gays- why is that?

And Romans 2:1-4 condemns those who call down judgement on others " You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

So what makes gay people so special that your husband wants to murder them, yet is willing to leave braggarts and people who are insolent?

PS: this nation was never founded on the Bible. Take a look at the Treaty of Tripoli for starters.

Then at least be gracious enough to admit that you vote to push your religious beliefs on other people and on other churches. You do have the right to vote how every you want, but if you are going to vote to tell churches and other people that they must follow your religion, at least own up to it.

Your brother has done more to destroy the sanctity of marriage then the gay couple I know who has been together for decades. They show more respect for marriage and each other then your brother did to either of his wives. Do you actively vote to stop your brother from ever getting married again?

If I could get a vote against my brother marrying again (unless it was to return to Jessica...he and Tashia were never married), I would. I don't agree with it.

So why single out the gays? We're all worthy of punishment, because humans are prone to sin, which is what Romans 2 tells us, but I never hear you mention that braggarts are unnatural and worthy of being murdered, quite like you and your husband single out gays- why is that?

And Romans 2:1-4 condemns those who call down judgement on others " You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

So what makes gay people so special that your husband wants to murder them, yet is willing to leave braggarts and people who are insolent?

PS: this nation was never founded on the Bible. Take a look at the Treaty of Tripoli for starters.

We don't single out the gays. You don't know enough about me to say that I do. You have no idea what other things I am for or against. In the bible, there are sins worse than others. There is even a sin that is called unpardonable.

Josh has NEVER wanted to murder anyone. I don't know where that came from. The Bible says that we are to judge them by their fruits.

No, I wouldn't be okay with it. On what grounds would there be for that? This nation was founded on the Bible and the bible is what I stand by.

This nation was founded by Freemasons who sought a reprieve from the forced religion of their day. The personal writings of the Founding Fathers convey at best a distrust and at worst disgust with organized Christian religion. They did as much as they could to limit the influence of the Bible from the government of this nation, and mourned the extent to which they could not.

Try reading a collection of the writings of Jefferson, Washington, etc. NOT a few sentences here or there, but a scholarly collection of their works. They were not fans of Christianity.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived