IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

Just announced. I think I may be off, is this baby #4 or #5?

Either way, I know its at least 4 children in less than five years, as the first ones were twins.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is number five. If she's due in March, she's only a few weeks along. Isn't it a little early to be announcing?

Ugh. Yet another child they can't take care of. They were on government assistance even for the first one. I have no problem with people taking assistance when they need it. That's why it's there. I do have a problem with people who don't use their brains. If you need help paying for one, what makes you think you can afford five? It seems like they have a certain lifestyle they want to live and are expecting everyone else to pick up the bill for it. That's what ticks me off. I'd absolutely love to spend my days traveling. It's my passion in life. But, right now, I have a husband who is a full time student, a toddler, and a baby on the way. I can't afford to travel, so I don't. It's a sacrifice I make to live within my means. I don't expect everyone else to fund my travels abroad so I can live the life I wish. That is an extremely selfish attitude to have. And these people call themselves Christians? Since when is selfishness a characteristic espoused by Jesus? I don't care if your religion teaches you to shun birth control. There is always abstinence during your fertile days each month. Stop expecting others to pay for your desires in life and start taking some responsibility for yourselves.

Looks like those yams didn't work. Or did they? I forgot if they were actually supposed to suppress or encourage fertility.

Looks like those yams didn't work. Or did they? I forgot if they were actually supposed to suppress or encourage fertility.

I think it's both, depending on what kind or how you use them or something like that.

It's number 5, but the 4th pregnancy. Yet another blessing from god to a family that can't support themselves. I had to chuckle at the yams comment. Um, yeah, guess they didn't work out. They've been married 5 years. Their oldest blessing won't be 4 until September.

Is she the one who got engaged at Arby's?

Yes she is. She barely knew her husband 6 months before they married.

I just had a baby in March. I took a test 3 days before my period was supposed to arrive (I just had a nagging feeling that I should take one) and that was on July 3. So yes, she's probably only known for a few days.

Oh Jeebus, what if it's twins? Don't the yams up the chance?

Kristina is also the one with a bunch of health problems and she has difficult pregnancies. When she was pregnant with the twins, she had to use a wheelchair.

As of now, I think she could be anywhere from 3.5-7 weeks pregnant and due in March. Seems really early, still, especially to tell the world.

Can someone repost her blog link? I thought I had it saved, but alack, I cannot locate.

Can someone repost her blog link? I thought I had it saved, but alack, I cannot locate.

She hasn't blogged for ages but has a public FB page -- Everything Nice.

Yet another baby. Sighs. She is still crafting though.

Afterthought: Her old blog was Kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com if you want to refresh your memory.

Ugh. Yet another child they can't take care of. They were on government assistance even for the first one. I have no problem with people taking assistance when they need it. That's why it's there. I do have a problem with people who don't use their brains. If you need help paying for one, what makes you think you can afford five? It seems like they have a certain lifestyle they want to live and are expecting everyone else to pick up the bill for it.

But Jesus will save them! Jesus will provide everything!

[b And these people call themselves Christians? Since when is selfishness a characteristic espoused by Jesus? I don't care if your religion teaches you to shun birth control. There is always abstinence during your fertile days each month. Stop expecting others to pay for your desires in life and start taking some responsibility for yourselves.

Yes, they're Christians. And their Jesus does tell them to live exactly how they want to. It's so interesting that Jesus and God agrees with them 100% of the time!

I agree that if they can't afford more kids, they shouldn't have any more. But these people also believe that the magical sky god will provide everything for them so they just keep on popping out kids. They see the government assistance as a gift from God, not the tax payers. I do not begrudge the kids Medicaid, SNAP and WIC. I do think the parents need some therapy, though.

It's depressing to witness her decline. She's gone from a cute but plain young woman to someone worn thin and pinched looking. And her husband looks more and more depressed with each year. He used to smile a lot, now he just looks trapped. There is a way to prevent her further decline, though. It's called a Vascetomy.

It looks like she managed to go about a year between her last birth and being pregnant again. I remember her needing a wheelchair with the twin pregnancy but does anyone recall her health with the last one? I'm very afraid for her.

Her fb posts says it all:

"We are proud to announce..."

If children were actually considered blessings (a favor bestowed by God), you'd think that the announcement would say "We are humbled" or "We are surprised" or "We are thankful". But no, it's "We are proud". I think this statement is not just a poor choice of words. It defines how they view children.

It's depressing to witness her decline. She's gone from a cute but plain young woman to someone worn thin and pinched looking. And her husband looks more and more depressed with each year. He used to smile a lot, now he just looks trapped. There is a way to prevent her further decline, though. It's called a Vascetomy.

Agreed. I think that of all the fundies, these two are among the most likely to admit they're in over their heads, if that didn't mean automatic judgment from their families and community. Of course they never will because it would show a lack of faith but as you said, their faces say it all. And before she got married, Kristina appeared to be more open-minded than most.

It's sad that they're both probably overwhelmed but can't admit it, even to each other.

She hasn't blogged for ages but has a public FB page -- Everything Nice.

Yet another baby. Sighs. She is still crafting though.

Afterthought: Her old blog was Kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com if you want to refresh your memory.

Her newer blog, not updated since April, is everythingnice2013.wordpress.com/

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived