IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

I am actually curious about what she said regarding abortion. Kristina, you said your views in abortion haven't changed so do you continue to believe the best way to stop abortion is propaganda (let's just argue for the moment it is factually propaganda), picketing clinics and working at crisis pregnancy centers?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too.

I am glad I'm not the only person who remembers this. I just find it so odd that she is trying to claim she always said she would work outside the home if needed.

ETA: I found an old thread here from when Josh still had his FB page public. The hatred towards people who are gay and the president is astounding. Not an ounce of God's love in the quotes from Josh and his friends people posted in that thread. It included a quote where Josh says that putting your kids in public school is not only wrong, it is a sin.

This is a lovely quote from a friend:

GOD WILL MAKE THEM PAY ALONG WITH THAT PIECE OF CRAP IN THE (BLACK) HOUSE OBAMA.

viewtopic.php?f=233&t=11490

I wonder if Josh is still this hateful and still friends with people who would write stuff like that.

I believe you. I am pretty sure I read that on Yuku as well when I was trying to figure out what the hell an Arby's engagement was. I came here through the Maxwells so I was completely curious about what that was :mrgreen: :pink-shock:

I know it isn't in the original thread started about her, because I read that one. While searching for it I found a thread I had started about her where she thought it was funny to joke about mass murdering the Muslims who live in America. Apparently I sent her a message about it because I was so shocked he thought it was amusing to make light of such a horrific thing. I have no memory if she replied, but I don't think she did.

I am glad I'm not the only person who remembers this. I just find it so odd that she is trying to claim she always said she would work outside the home if needed.

ETA: I found an old thread here from when Josh still had his FB page public. The hatred towards people who are gay and the president is astounding. Not an ounce of God's love in the quotes from Josh and his friends people posted in that thread. It included a quote where Josh says that putting your kids in public school is not only wrong, it is a sin.

This is a lovely quote from a friend:

GOD WILL MAKE THEM PAY ALONG WITH THAT PIECE OF CRAP IN THE (BLACK) HOUSE OBAMA.

Yeah, I remember that. I also remember when he went on ad nauseam about England's healthcare system during the London Olympics. He was saying how awful universal healthcare was and how disgusting it was that they were celebrating it during the opening ceremony. This despite the fact that at one time his children were on Medicaid. And yet, Kristina still wants to convince me that he's a decent guy. Sorry sweetheart, people who spout hate are not decent.

viewtopic.php?f=233&t=11490

I wonder if Josh is still this hateful and still friends with people who would write stuff like that.

Yeah, I remember that. I also remember when he went on ad nauseam about England's healthcare system during the London Olympics. He was saying how awful universal healthcare was and how disgusting it was that they were celebrating it during the opening ceremony. This despite the fact that at one time his children were on Medicaid. And yet, Kristina still wants to convince me that he's a decent guy. Sorry sweetheart, people who spout hate are not decent.

I don't think Josh is a decent guy but I think more than that he isn't very intelligent so he doesn't and isn't able to think critically about the views he parrots. I think Kristina is actually more intelligent but the shitty parenting she has has handicapped her in the same way. We are seeing that right here in her responses to us.

Yes. Thanks everyone for searching yuku and elsewhere for these old quotes showing evidence of Kristina and Josh's poisonous beliefs. I've always felt Kristina got pampered at FJ because she seems so young, fragile and vulnerable. And brainwashed, badly educated, victimized etc. etc. She brings out compassion in most of us. But at what point is she going to be held responsible for her own actions and beliefs?

Kristina is actually very intelligent, IMO, and doesn't, shouldn't, get a free pass. When people say things like "Kristina, I'm sure you are a wonderful mother" when not knowing about the spanking and "popping" she has endorsed, it burns my butt. Praising her for her "bravery" in coming to FJ is another thing that pisses me off. IMO, Kristina has learned than coming here makes us engage with her in conversation and gets her a lot of positive comments. As she said, it makes us back off -- temporarily.

Kristina irritates me when she comes here looking as though butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. She has historically dodged questions and deflected attention from real issues that we would tear apart in, say, Lori or Zsuzanna.

I've been unusually cantankerous and confrontational in this thread. Kristina annoys me and slimy Talulla.Belle types put a burr under my saddle. I think I should back away for the sake of my blood pressure for a bit. :lol:

I remember many of Kristina's words too. And no doubt so does she. She simply refuses to acknowledge that change does not = heathen going to hell.

As for Josh, shy, teddy bear my ass. That man is full of prejudice, bigotry, hate and anger. Kristina can say he's a nice guy and that's great, she is married to him after all. But, his public words give more of a glimpse into his character than the words of his adoring wife.

On Medicaid and WIC at one point, but not on public assistance. I think Kristina just thinks things mean what she wants them to mean, regardless of reality.

There are somethings that I'm not going to respond to simply because I have given an answer multiple times only to have the question rephrased.

Do I stand with Josh on gays...yes, we stand with the bible. See Romans chapter 1.

Do I still believe in disciplining my children...yes. How else will they learn right and wrong if they are not taught.

Do I believe in corporal punishment...yes.

Do I use the CIO method with my children...I have and it worked. We used it correctly. I have never placed my child in a crib to cry for hours until they just fell asleep. We've never had any issues with sleep time.

Have we used WIC and Food stamps...yes, temporarily. My husbands job had him off of work more than working in which he only got unemployment those weeks. We struggled. We have since been able to get off of those and are not currently on any type of government assistance.

How can you say I'm not a good mother when you don't know me and you have never seen me with my children?

Again, you don't know Josh. Yes, we take firm stands based on what the Bible teaches. How does that make him an angry, hateful bigot? Jesus himself called people dogs and vipers. Josh is a wonderful, caring father and an adoring husband. You're the first ones to spout "don't judge"...and also the first ones to do it.

Yes, I realize this all sounds a bit snippy but, it's not meant to come across that way...only "matter-of-fact"

First of all Kristina, FJ is not a hive vagina so no we don't said "don't judge" and then judge. Because we are all different. I don't think I have ever said don't judge, I argue your judgements are bigoted, inconsistent, not biblical, lack nuance, and are wrong. But you can have them, I simply make judgements about you based on your judgements.

You are right, we don't actually know Josh so we have to judge his character based on the things he has expressed or you have expressed about him. Based on that my judgement is he isn't a kind person and he isn't very intelligent.

I plan to homeschool them for as long as I can teach them. There will come a time where I won't be able to do that anymore...but I would like to for as long as I can.

Awesome. I was homeschooled and am supportive of homeschooling. I just want every parent to realize, as you have, that they may not be able to give their child all the education that they require. I believe that it is a parent's job to ensure that each child gets the education to become what ever God has for their future, be it plumber, preacher, or neurosurgeon. There are so many more options available today than were available to my parents 30 years ago. Now there is a free homeschooling curriculum provided by the state or feds (I don't have children, so I'm not up on that). You can have your child attend some classes at the local high school without being enrolled full-time, you can get them dual enrolled in classes as community colleges while they are still in high school- classes like beginning and intermediate algebra or foreign languages, or even do an on-line program through an accredited institution (my university has an on-line high school program that many Olympic athletes take advantage of). There is really no excuse for parents not to find a way to provide a thorough education for their child.

I have a hard time thinking that a parent who spanks/pops kids even when babies and furthermore, defends the practice is being nonabusive is a good parent. That is all.

If the only way you can teach your children right and wrong is to hit them, you need to educate yourself on gentle parenting. Is it harder? Yes. Hitting is the lazy way. It takes less effort to just hit your child instead of finding another way to teach them to obey. Children are a blessing. Please don't hit them. Violence is never the answer when dealing with children.

Whatever happened to Vanna and the other puppy you got?

Do you and Josh still feel like public school is a sin?

How do you justify Josh's friends words about the president(and then calling it the black house) with the verses in the Bible about respecting authorities?

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

It seems like his words were meant to be malicious and they were hardly respectful. Do you think unsaved people reading things like that see the love of God or do they just see hatred?

I have a hard time thinking that a parent who spanks/pops kids even when babies and furthermore, defends the practice is being nonabusive is a good parent. That is all.

We don't spank when they are babies. We teach them what no means first and foremost. Once they know what it means and still go after stuff they get a light pop to the hand, not a smack or a hit, a light pop.

When spanking, beginning when they are toddlers, it is never done in an abusive or angry manner, it's a spanking, a couple pops to the butt...not a beating. There is a difference.

We don't spank when they are babies. We teach them what no means first and foremost. Once they know what it means and still go after stuff they get a light pop to the hand, not a smack or a hit, a light pop.

When spanking, beginning when they are toddlers, it is never done in an abusive or angry manner, it's a spanking, a couple pops to the butt...not a beating. There is a difference.

Spanking is spanking and that's that. And I am speaking as someone who was spanked as a child.

There is a difference, but that doesn't mean everyone believes that a pop is acceptable. Yes it may not be a beating but many people view violence (AKA hitting) as always wrong no matter what. I am one of those people, even though I have hit people (not in a way that is enough to leave a bruise or a mark, but I did once spank my kid and I have been known to push or slap in the Elaine on sienfeld sort of "Get out of here" way)

If the only way you can teach your children right and wrong is to hit them, you need to educate yourself on gentle parenting. Is it harder? Yes. Hitting is the lazy way. It takes less effort to just hit your child instead of finding another way to teach them to obey. Children are a blessing. Please don't hit them. Violence is never the answer when dealing with children.

Whatever happened to Vanna and the other puppy you got?

Do you and Josh still feel like public school is a sin?

How do you justify Josh's friends words about the president(and then calling it the black house) with the verses in the Bible about respecting authorities?

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

It seems like his words were meant to be malicious and they were hardly respectful. Do you think unsaved people reading things like that see the love of God or do they just see hatred?

It a not the only way to teach, we use spankings when they show defiance. We communicate first and when after communicating they still insist, then we use a spanking or even time outs.

We found a home for Vanna, someone with a fenced in yard. Daisy went to a home with an elderly man whose wife passed away and was lonely.

I don't believe we said public school was a sin (I may not be remembering correctly) but Its not the choice we've made and have stated that in the past.

We are no longer friends with that individual because of his hatred towards people. We don't agree with our president because of his stance on things.

There is a difference, but that doesn't mean everyone believes that a pop is acceptable. Yes it may not be a beating but many people view violence (AKA hitting) as always wrong no matter what. I am one of those people, even though I have hit people (not in a way that is enough to leave a bruise or a mark, but I did once spank my kid and I have been known to push or slap in the Elaine on sienfeld sort of "Get out of here" way)

Agree that there's a difference between actual beating versus spanking. My folks prided themselves that they only resorted to spankings rather than flat out beatings with belts and such. Until my dad crossed the line and left bruises on my sister. If you justify spanking then you leave the door open for possibly going further because we are all human and will have moments where we will reach our own limits.

Have you read Gentle Christian Mothers? Hitting is not the way to deal with defiance. You might get results, but at what cost? My parents didn't spank often and when they did, they did it the "right" way and I never considered them bad parents, but my sister and I had a discussion a couple of months ago that brought up a memory. I remember being 3 or 4 and begging my parents not to spank my older sister. She was being defiant, but it just hurt me so much as a child watching them hit her and hearing her cry. I got hit too because I told them to stop. Later, as an adult it was discovered that my sister has some disabilities(she is on the autism spectrum) that led to her appear to be defiant. My parents felt awful, but it is too late now. Her childhood is filled with memories of them hitting her for reasons she can't understand. What a difference it would have made if hitting had been off the table and they had to take the time to really look at what was causing her to disobey.

Josh said that public school was not only wrong, it was a sin. Do you feel like it is wrong or if it comes to the point that you realize you can't educate your children in the way they need to be educated, are you open to sending them to public school? Private schools are expensive, at least around here.

Glad you aren't friends with him. I don't agree with the president on lots, but there is no reason to be disrespectful. He is still our president.

Do you still feel like it takes two to break a marriage?

Thank you for reminding us of your beliefs about gay people and raising children.

Do I still believe in disciplining my children...yes. How else will they learn right and wrong if they are not taught.

Do I believe in corporal punishment...yes.

Your first statement above is one of the "straw men" that people throw out to deflect. Nobody said you should not discipline your children.

Many people, and it seems you are one of them, use the word "discipline" to mean "try to punish, with something physically painful, after an unwanted behavior has happened," with children and animals (and, in some cases, fellow adults).

But discipline can mean:

- teaching them what behaviors you want to see

- encouraging repetition and practice of desired behavior

- setting an example in your own behavior

- rewarding them when they do what you want

- rewarding any sign of self-discipline

- punishing with removal of attention, object or privilege, or other non-violent means

- when they are developmentally ready, teaching your morals and values

So, of course you should discipline your children -- I sure do wish you'd stop hitting them, though. It's completely unnecessary.

Oh, and since you didn't answer that question -- do you still need to pretend that what you call "popping" or "discipline" is not making hard contact with your child's body to cause pain -- that is, hitting?

Have you read Gentle Christian Mothers? Hitting is not the way to deal with defiance. You might get results, but at what cost? My parents didn't spank often and when they did, they did it the "right" way and I never considered them bad parents, but my sister and I had a discussion a couple of months ago that brought up a memory. I remember being 3 or 4 and begging my parents not to spank my older sister. She was being defiant, but it just hurt me so much as a child watching them hit her and hearing her cry. I got hit too because I told them to stop. Later, as an adult it was discovered that my sister has some disabilities(she is on the autism spectrum) that led to her appear to be defiant. My parents felt awful, but it is too late now. Her childhood is filled with memories of them hitting her for reasons she can't understand. What a difference it would have made if hitting had been off the table and they had to take the time to really look at what was causing her to disobey.

Josh said that public school was not only wrong, it was a sin. Do you feel like it is wrong or if it comes to the point that you realize you can't educate your children in the way they need to be educated, are you open to sending them to public school? Private schools are expensive, at least around here.

Glad you aren't friends with him. I don't agree with the president on lots, but there is no reason to be disrespectful. He is still our president.

Do you still feel like it takes two to break a marriage?

We're planning to do Christian school once I get to the point where I can't teach them anymore.

In these situations, yes, I do believe it takes 2. There may be exceptions to it but so far all the marriages I've seen fall apart, it's been because neither were willing to give 100%

When it came to spanking my folks were very similar to formergothardite's, they didn't do it often and considered themselves doing it the right way. However, one day my dad lost it with my younger sister and literally climbed over furniture to get at her. I actually put myself between him and her. I did it because even in spite of her being nasty to me (which is what ticked off my dad), I was in actual fear of her being hurt beyond merely spanking. She was saved from being spanked or whatever might have transpired, but it was very fearful moment where spanking could have crossed the line. I saw my parents for the first time of being capable of more if the right buttons were pushed and it left my sister absolutely terrified.

They realize now that spanking was not the thing to do with us, they feel ashamed, but they can't undo it now.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived