IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

And hey, Ms. Dauer is FB friends with Valeria Young aka the Proverbs Mom aka the mom who doesn't care that her husband molested her daughter, allegedly!

Just look at the happy family!

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203900744498388&set=a.3573719061029.2169000.1214620653&type=1&theater

Gross. She comments on Marci's ATI album that she wishes she could attend a conference but they're too expensive for her.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in San Jose! Its crazy, but I guess I didnt really realize that there are fundies out there... Also for them to drive all the way from San Jose to Arkansas for the wedding is true dedication... Dedication to his courtee.

I grew up in the Central Valley, could be to SF in about an hour and half if I used my special shortcut and I now live in Tennessee. I have driven from Northern California to Tennessee and back on more than one occasion. It was a hellacious drive and it felt like it would never end. And theres a whole lot of nothing. So yeah dedication. Living in the Mid South and living in California are two very different things. It would be quite the shock to Jinger if she were to end up with him and move there. Not so much that California is full of heathens but more of a culture shock, it's a melting pot of so many different people and religions and political views. Down here it's more black and white with that stuff.

Are we assuming there's some matchmaking going on between Cooper Dauer and Jinger Duggar?

From the Duggar daily schedule:

8.00 am Healthy Breakfast

You mean like raw noodles or an empty ice cream cone? Or maybe some yesterday's left overs that you lick off the counter?

Looking around I see that the adopted singers from the wedding had a tragedy last night - the mother suffered a major heart attack and died.

I also see that Marci dauer is fb friends with the proverbs mom, who publicly commented that she wished she could afford to go to an ATI conference. Her fb has a cover photo of all of them, including her husband holding the little girl :/

I saw that on the facebook and I immediately got a creepy vibe.

I get it from his mom too. The first pictures added to her Duggar family album are just publicity shots from the show and magazine covers. Definitely strikes me as someone who has been tangentially connected to the Duggars for a while but sought them out so they could tell everyone that they're friends with the famous Duggar family.

I agree!! Need evidence that he's a Duggar kiss-up?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/5b24dab670f7 ... 3_1280.jpg

Why would you hold up a photo of the Duggars while on vacation?? Creepy!!!!!

Here's a copy of that in case it gets zapped off the interwebz

post-10046-14451999292993_thumb.jpg

That is so lame! lol come on please tell me that was photoshopped. :lol:

not the first time i wondered if Creeper was like this guy:

post-10046-14451999292665_thumb.jpg

Whoever that guy is, he's a photoshop genius :lol: had to clip it so it would fit, the rest is here:

funsubstance.com/fun/72828/photoshop-done-right/?exp=less&utm_expid=65756849-24.nMw5bhtWQg6Yx8umQd81IA.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F290271138454917672%2F

I really, really feel like something is off with this Dauer family and I hope Cooper isn't courting one of the girls women.

I'm getting caught up after taking a couple of weeks off and I wanted to +1 on the Dauers. They are creepy. Here's their conversion experience, as featured on the 700 Club many years ago thanks for the upload, Coop!:

[bBvideo 560,340:18rqhd58]

[/bBvideo]

Based on some very basic googling I did when they turned up in my city with the Bateses, I think they may have some status in ATI.

I'm getting caught up after taking a couple of weeks off and I wanted to +1 on the Dauers. They are creepy. Here's their conversion experience, as featured on the 700 Club many years ago thanks for the upload, Coop!:

[bBvideo 560,340:2l49xizc]

[/bBvideo]

Based on some very basic googling I did when they turned up in my city with the Bateses, I think they may have some status in ATI.

Wow what a great find! They went from one extreme to another. Weird. Also, as kids, how can you make that transition overnight?

Very little. That explains a lot about them.

Meh - depends on the student and the curriculum. (Duggars curriculum excluded because it is nonsense).

I take online graduate courses because I'm not satisfied with the degrees I already have and am a glutton for punishment. There is no lecture, and I do about two hours a day when classes are in session. Then I pass out from exhaustion.

Meh - depends on the student and the curriculum. (Duggars curriculum excluded because it is nonsense).

I take online graduate courses because I'm not satisfied with the degrees I already have and am a glutton for punishment. There is no lecture, and I do about two hours a day when classes are in session. Then I pass out from exhaustion.

I did the maths on this one once and figured that, while 2 hours a day for a homeschooled highschooler would still be on the shorter side, it's not as short as it sounds at first. I spent 6.5 hours a day in school in high school. After removing lunch and the five-minute breaks between class, I had 4 75-minute periods, or 5 hours a day in class. That was 5 days a week, around 40 weeks a year, for a total of approximately 200 days. So around a thousand hours in class a year. Add in, let's say, 10 hours of homework a week and you're looking at 1400 hours a year. I'll round that up to 1500 because it makes the maths neater.

Homeschoolers often don't follow the school week/year, however, preferring to work year-round. At 50 weeks a year (this accounts for taking time off for a family holiday or Christmas), 1500 hours a year works out to be 30 hours a week. On a 5-day week, that works out to 6 hours a day. For a 6-day week it's 5 hours. A 7-day week (probably not fundie-friendly) clocks in at a little over 4 hours a day.

And this is all assuming that all the time spent in class in school is as efficient as that spent homeschooling, which may or may not be the case. There's no time spent at the beginning taking attendance and quieting down chatter, no time spent sitting around when the teacher's finished but the bell hasn't rung yet, etc. Not to mention that IME teachers often only teach for the first half of class and spend the second half supervising the kids doing homework; I don't think I ever took math homework home in grade 10. Additionally, if they're working every day, year-round, those hours at the start of each year/semester spent catching up and on administration aren't necessary. I could easily see a homeschooled teenager getting a good education by working hard for 3 hours a day, every day, and 2 hours a day isn't inconceivable if they're a fast worker who easily grasps new material.

Does this mean I think the Duggars are getting a good education? Not in the slightest. To do that they'd need a teacher who cares, as well as a halfway decent syllabus. Moreover, a lot of what I highlighted in the last paragraph doesn't apply when you have a family as large as the Duggars'; the reason homeschoolers spend less time organising their children is because they're only responsible for a few, not 20.

Disclaimer: I'm not a homeschooler, so I don't have direct experience with this. I'm just a nerd who's fascinated with the way things are organised and I like using numbers to back shit up :P

tl;dr: Because homeschoolers can educate year-round and are often responsible for fewer children, with one person organising the entire affair, children don't need to spend as long "in school" to get a comparable education to their public-educated peers. But the Duggars aren't getting a comparable education.

I can answer this one. Cooper is a reversal baby, and he has a few older siblings. One of those siblings is Heather Dauer Keilen. She is married to RJ Keilen. RJ Keilen is Brandon Keilen's oldest brother. Brandon is courting Michael Bates. Hence the kinda-sorta related.

Edit: I think Cooper's older siblings are an average of 20 years older than him, which is why they aren't in the pictures with their parents. They all have spouses and kids now.

First of all, you deserve my respect for keeping up with all of that. Second of all,

"Cooper is a reversal baby"

It strikes me as very weird that fundies let you know some much about their genitals and how and under what circumstances their children were conceived.

Wow what a great find! They went from one extreme to another. Weird. Also, as kids, how can you make that transition overnight?

My mom used to watch the 700 club before we were fundie, that video brings back a lot of memories. I'm totally bummed that whoever uploaded it left off the live studio interview with the Dauers after the break. '80's commercials would have been fun too. :D

But wow that would be intense going from New Age to Fundie. I wonder if Pa Dauer still hangs upside down... How awkward to have to reenact the angel visit in the bedroom. :? I wonder if they still have matching family aprons... I love the soul searching heartfelt moment by the water in the old 80's sedan. Dramatic, lol.

So instead of visualizing things into reality now they they pray, and if it happens now they say it's God answering prayer? :lol:

Imho prayer of any kind opens up the subconscious mind to help a person remember things to get what they need. Like that apartment in Maui, well they wouldn't seriously consider it in the first place if they couldn't manage it with their lifestyle already. And obviously they were looking at brochures (no internet back then lol)... so it became reality. Nothing too mystical about that. "Visualizing" or planning? Hmmm. As a Christian i think prayer is also about going to God and relief of stress letting God carry our burdens. There really is something powerful in putting things you can't control into the hands of Someone who knows everything... But in prayer a person acknowledges their needs, and knowing a need helps them find the answer. Like seeing a shape in the clouds, it helps if you know what to look for.

/end off topic rant about '80's Dauer interview, lol. :popcorn2:

My mom used to watch the 700 club before we were fundie, that video brings back a lot of memories. I'm totally bummed that whoever uploaded it left off the live studio interview with the Dauers after the break. '80's commercials would have been fun too. :D

But wow that would be intense going from New Age to Fundie. I wonder if Pa Dauer still hangs upside down... How awkward to have to reenact the angel visit in the bedroom. :? I wonder if they still have matching family aprons... I love the soul searching heartfelt moment by the water in the old 80's sedan. Dramatic, lol.

So instead of visualizing things into reality now they they pray, and if it happens now they say it's God answering prayer? :lol:

Imho prayer of any kind opens up the subconscious mind to help a person remember things to get what they need. Like that apartment in Maui, well they wouldn't seriously consider it in the first place if they couldn't manage it with their lifestyle already. And obviously they were looking at brochures (no internet back then lol)... so it became reality. Nothing too mystical about that. "Visualizing" or planning? Hmmm. As a Christian i think prayer is also about going to God and relief of stress letting God carry our burdens. There really is something powerful in putting things you can't control into the hands of Someone who knows everything... But in prayer a person acknowledges their needs, and knowing a need helps them find the answer. Like seeing a shape in the clouds, it helps if you know what to look for.

/end off topic rant about '80's Dauer interview, lol. :popcorn2:

I used to be very cynical about prayer, and when I heard of people praying for sick people to get better I was like "you're not doing anything to actually help, you're just making yourself feel better". Also I used to only hear "I'll pray for you" when people wanted to convert me, so it just seemed obnoxious.

I changed my attitude after actually being sick. I realized that the people who say "I''ll pray for you", it's not like they're doctors and there is something more useful that they should be doing instead of praying, so it's praying or nothing, and praying made me happy that people cared.

Coco, I had the same thought about the Hawaii apartment. And I also wish the next segment had been uploaded.

For the record, I found this on on Cooper Dauer's youtube channel. I believe it's his one and only upload. Something about the Dauers fascinates/horrifies me, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is; although I'm sure it's partly because they're so close to me. I'm tempted to make a thread about them, because they've been touched on a little bit in multiple threads, but there isn't a dedicated thread. :think:

Archived