IGNORED

WTF is lori Alexander talking about?

Like SSB and other bloggers who hash things out in the comment section - it only adds to the traffic. Lori's just afraid that their beliefs will fall apart under inspection, i guess. :twisted:

Well they must not have very much faith in their convictions then. I'm able to debate and stand up for the things I believe in, post online in public etc. If people disagree with me I have a few options. I can ignore them and just let them say their opinion, just like I said mine and anyone else reading can make their own decisions based on all the comments. I can respond and offer any rebuttal to whatever the person that disagreed with me said, knowing that I probably won't change their mind, but realizing they aren't the only people reading and I might reach someone else.

Personally, I do a little bit of both here on FJ. It depends on how passionate I am about the topic whether I will continue to comment in a thread after I have had my say. I'm not necessarily literally ignoring people that disagree with me here (like I might if i was posting on my personal blog, for example). It's more a case of, "I gave my opinion on this topic and have nothing else to add." Some topics I have plenty of opinion on ;)

That's pretty much how adults handle this kind of thing on the internet and if you are going to have a blog that is open to the public if you can't handle anything but ego stroking and agreement, you better keep that blog private and invite only or you end up looking like you are incredibly thin skinned and are stuck at the emotional age of 13 or so.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These people are the very definition of monstrous.

Yesterday, a woman shared that she'd been raped/sexually abused, and it was interfering with her ability/desire to have sex with her husband. Instead of encouraging individual/joint counseling or something, Ken pipes up with, "It is hard to have to run down rabbit trails all the time when teaching God's truths when for the vast majority of couples the solution to God's command is obvious: 'Stop depriving one another.' It is God's command and He tells us his commands are not burdensome." Another poster tells her that she just needs to forgive the rapist/abuser and her sex life will be fine.

And then to put the final schmear of icing on this shit cake, Lori makes a whole post today ranting about the commenter's "red herrings."

This is so awful. I think that woman has very tight to counseling and healing. The Anderson's are such fucking idiots, if they really look that verse for what it really meant, they would encourage counseling because it says "only for a time so you can devote yourself to prayer", so if the couple in question are Christians there would be prayer involved in this process. Lori and really piss me off, they are aggressively and abusively legalistic and obviously distort Scripture and basic compassion to fit their stupid agenda.

I used to think these two were just whackadoos, but they're downright malevolent. They're evil.

This is so awful. I think that woman has very tight to counseling and healing. The Anderson's are such fucking idiots, if they really look that verse for what it really meant, they would encourage counseling because it says "only for a time so you can devote yourself to prayer", so if the couple in question are Christians there would be prayer involved in this process. Lori and really piss me off, they are aggressively and abusively legalistic and obviously distort Scripture and basic compassion to fit their stupid agenda.

I used to think these two were just whackadoos, but they're downright malevolent. They're evil.

I agree the Andersons are fucking idiots. I think in some ways they are worse than Steve and ZsuZsu Anderson. Lori thinks any problem can be solved by giving out Bible verses.

I have some doubts about Lori's blog ever helping anyone despite their claims to the contrary.

I don't usually comment often, but I like to read the threads and stay abreast of the conversations. I generally just google Lori's name and free jinger to find the latest conversation.

I said all that to say, I stumbled across this woman's blog this morning. She claims to be one those couples that Lori and Ken wisely counseled. However, this lady claimes that her husband intends to marry their daughter off at 13. Some commenters told her that's illegal, and she said that her husband will now wait until the daughter turns 16 to force her to marry. It's some real sickening Debi Pearl stuff. I really wish child protective services could get involved in situations like this, but it's hard when brain washing is involved. A lot of Americans are not aware of this type of thing happening in America. It's like this girl is living in a 3 world country right here on American soil.

http://zedicy542.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-fraud.html

If any free jinger members decide to comment on this woman's blog, I would like to ask them to thread lightly. I think it would be good if outsiders could get these people's names and whereabouts just in case someone decides to report them to child services. If you approach this woman too harshly, she may get scared and abandon or delete the blog leaving others potentially unable to help this little girl. I think the main concern with this family should be one of child welfare.

Thanks!

The consensus is that blog is a parody or a fake.

That's really good to know. Whew!

Makes me wonder who would do such a thing. That's not funny. It's rather sickening.

Judging by some of the recent comments, there are definitely people who think its real. I don't understand HOW... but okay.

Also looks like GOMI found her.

The last thing on my fiancée's mind when I'm sick is sex. If anything he wants to take care of me and vice versa. Men and Lori Alexander are evil fucking monsters!

I said all that to say, I stumbled across this woman's blog this morning. She claims to be one those couples that Lori and Ken wisely counseled. However, this lady claimes that her husband intends to marry their daughter off at 13. Some commenters told her that's illegal, and she said that her husband will now wait until the daughter turns 16 to force her to marry. It's some real sickening Debi Pearl stuff. I really wish child protective services could get involved in situations like this, but it's hard when brain washing is involved. A lot of Americans are not aware of this type of thing happening in America. It's like this girl is living in a 3 world country right here on American soil.

http://zedicy542.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-fraud.html

You'll be happy to hear that it is a parody. If you want more details, it is mentioned here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22218

and in another thread that, I think has "parody blog" in the title. I think it also came up further back in this thread.

(sorry I didn't link all - I'm on an obnoxiously slow computer).

So god sings to Lori is that what I'm getting from today's post?

I think she's saying that God reminded her of hymns to sing to take her mind off the pain she was experiencing. Or something along those lines, anyway. I can't snark on her for this one. If she was in so much pain she couldn't sleep, and singing or humming a favourite hymn from church helped her feel better, not a thing wrong with that, imho.

I still think this chick is a fraud. She hasn't disclosed anything beyond what was known publicly. I'd love to try to call her out.

I still think this chick is a fraud. She hasn't disclosed anything beyond what was known publicly. I'd love to try to call her out.

I am confused. Who do you think is a fraud?

I get the impression Lori over exaggerates A LOT.

Some of her readers asked about Courtney. This is in the comment section of Friday's post about the red herring and someone mentions that Courtney's blog has been taken down. Of course Lori cannot let her readers know that her husband was close to stalking Courtney and she probably felt the need to remove herself from the internet because of Creepy Ken.

Very nice, Lori. Your headship uses your blog (written for women) as a dating service and frightens young wives who really are just trying to do what they believe is right. Courtney read your blog for encouragement and your husband asks her to lunch. Tell me how that is biblical?!? You accuse FJ members of threatening people like you. How safe do you think Courtney felt after Ken was so inappropriate with her in your comments? Don't you think she felt threatened by his creepy comments and invitations?

Some of her readers asked about Courtney. This is in the comment section of Friday's post about the red herring and someone mentions that Courtney's blog has been taken down. Of course Lori cannot let her readers know that her husband was close to stalking Courtney and she probably felt the need to remove herself from the internet because of Creepy Ken.

Very nice, Lori. Your headship uses your blog (written for women) as a dating service and frightens young wives who really are just trying to do what they believe is right. Courtney read your blog for encouragement and your husband asks her to lunch. Tell me how that is biblical?!? You accuse FJ members of threatening people like you. How safe do you think Courtney felt after Ken was so inappropriate with her in your comments? Don't you think she felt threatened by his creepy comments and invitations?

The whole Courtney thing totally freaked me out. I thought for the longest that it was someone trolling them, so I payed close attention to her comments. It didn't take me long to notice that when Courtney commented Ken was all over it (and always very sticky sweet), while Lori tended to be very sharp with her.

Him telling her how good she looked and talking about how she should wear her hair was a :pink-shock: moment for me. And then coming over here and trying to convince one of our members to give him her address so he could send her M&MS? What a fucking creep. Clearly Ken likes younger women, and he's using Lori's blog to find them and her comment section to flatter them and even invite them to lunch.

The whole Courtney thing totally freaked me out. I thought for the longest that it was someone trolling them, so I payed close attention to her comments. It didn't take me long to notice that when Courtney commented Ken was all over it (and always very sticky sweet), while Lori tended to be very sharp with her.

Him telling her how good she looked and talking about how she should wear her hair was a :pink-shock: moment for me. And then coming over here and trying to convince one of our members to give him her address so he could send her M&MS? What a fucking creep. Clearly Ken likes younger women, and he's using Lori's blog to find them and her comment section to flatter them and even invite them to lunch.

:liar:

All this while Lori innocently says "I don't know what happened to Courtney, but she was always polite," AND holding their marriage up as THE marriage to envy and strive for. She needs to shut her little blog down and work on her own marriage (or divorce Ken) before giving one more word of advice to anybody. Their hypocrisy makes me sick.

I think Lori and Ken probably know what happened to Courtney. I think Ken tried to contact her privately and scared Courtney half to death, causing her to remove all traces of herself from the internet. I think Lori knows this and totally blames Courtney for it, while Courtney and her husband wonder if they are safe from this creepy internet couple who claim to have a perfect marriage. Ken is a predator and Lori enables him.

These people are the very definition of monstrous.

Yesterday, a woman shared that she'd been raped/sexually abused, and it was interfering with her ability/desire to have sex with her husband. Instead of encouraging individual/joint counseling or something, Ken pipes up with, "It is hard to have to run down rabbit trails all the time when teaching God's truths when for the vast majority of couples the solution to God's command is obvious: 'Stop depriving one another.' It is God's command and He tells us his commands are not burdensome." Another poster tells her that she just needs to forgive the rapist/abuser and her sex life will be fine.

And then to put the final schmear of icing on this shit cake, Lori makes a whole post today ranting about the commenter's "red herrings."

"It is hard to have to run down rabbit trails all the time when teaching God's truths when for the vast majority of couples the solution to God's command is obvious: 'Stop depriving one another.' It is God's command and He tells us his commands are not burdensome." Another poster tells her that she just needs to forgive the rapist/abuser and her sex life will be fine.

This suggests to me that they believe in "one size fits all" and that exceptions really throw them both for a loop. I suspect that his consulting company operates that way as well... they show up, pretend to look over the situation, plop out the boilerplate solution, take the money and run. (Or, manage the place for the dentist for their cut using their Standard Operating Procedure). And, since dental offices may run well following a cookie cutter method, yay for them. But darn it, when people start coming along with problems, the cookie cutter advice may not always quite work.

And when the cookie cutter doesn't meet the needs of a particular person who needs/wants help what is the answer? It is never consider if a cookie cutter approach might not be best with interpersonal relationships, it is always blame the person for failing to conform to the shape of the cookie cutter.

Well I'm off to clean my 'frig.'

Is that something you should be talking about in public :shock:

:liar:

All this while Lori innocently says "I don't know what happened to Courtney, but she was always polite," AND holding their marriage up as THE marriage to envy and strive for. She needs to shut her little blog down and work on her own marriage (or divorce Ken) before giving one more word of advice to anybody. Their hypocrisy makes me sick.

I think Lori and Ken probably know what happened to Courtney. I think Ken tried to contact her privately and scared Courtney half to death, causing her to remove all traces of herself from the internet. I think Lori knows this and totally blames Courtney for it, while Courtney and her husband wonder if they are safe from this creepy internet couple who claim to have a perfect marriage. Ken is a predator and Lori enables him.

I’m looking through the comments on Lori’s blog (holy hell) and trying to find this Courtney chick’s comments, but it looks like some of the comments have been deleted or my laptop isn’t letting me click them. Who is she? What did Ken say to her? Is there an old topic on this somewhere?

From today's post:

The reason Ken and I decided not to vaccinate our children after a lot of research was due to the fact that infectious diseases in America became much less prevalent as sanitation improved. Our sanitation in America now is MUCH better than even the Jews was during the bubonic plague. I believe it is a healthy immune system along with cleanliness that fights disease, not toxic drugs which can have numerous long-term side effects.

If improved sanitation is solely responsible for a drop in illness, then how come the number of vaccine-preventable illness outbreaks has skyrocketed in the wake of the anti-vaccine movement? A commenter has asked the same thing. We will see how long it is before Lori deletes it.

Lori needs to stfu on health related topics. She posted a lot of stupid shit in the past. I remember she posted something about how breast cancer can be prevented by eating healthy. While eating healthy is a good thing, cancer and other diseases are sometime genetic or cause by other things. She also posted a very hateful blog entry about vaccines causing autism and other disabilities.

Archived