IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I see it now...reading comprehension failure on my part. But then...why aren't they listed with the groom's group, if they are groomsmen?

A quick google search didn't really give any answers about this, and that includes the Wiki entry entitled 'groomsman.' Kinda seems like a stunt to shove almost every Duggar possible into the proceedings.

Yes, I see it now...reading comprehension failure on my part. But then...why aren't they listed with the groom's group, if they are groomsmen?

A quick google search didn't really give any answers about this, and that includes the Wiki entry entitled 'groomsman.' Kinda seems like a stunt to shove almost every Duggar possible into the proceedings.

It might be possible to read too much into the text break between Tony and J.D.

And that's not an unusual size for a wedding party, especially in the South, fundie or non-fundie.

The church has four different locations in Northwest Arkansas. I think they can each seat 1000 people. It wouldn't be too hard to find out where it was, just driving a little driving around.

I would love to sit and watch. (I live an hour and a half away) I think this would be the incident that would cause my DH to commit me and I have papers to write for my classes.

Gil can do the ceremony but to sign the marriage license a preacher has to be licensed in Arkansas. Maybe they will let Derrick's preacher have a part in the ceremony.

Is Madison McCalmon a guy? I don't think I've ever heard of, or known of a man named Madison. Hmm. It's interesting to note that he has friends he wants as his groomsmen, whereas the Duggars have no real friends outside of family or families that follow the same religion that they socialize with like the Bates. But none of the kids has any independant friends they've made on their own to ask to be attendants. Do they? I mean, where would they meet them? They aren't allowed to really go anywhere to do anything on their own!

The use of Madison for girls started to gain traction in the mid-80s. Before that, it was almost completely always either a surname or a male name.

Is Madison McCalmon a guy? I don't think I've ever heard of, or known of a man named Madison. Hmm. It's interesting to note that he has friends he wants as his groomsmen, whereas the Duggars have no real friends outside of family or families that follow the same religion that they socialize with like the Bates. But none of the kids has any independant friends they've made on their own to ask to be attendants. Do they? I mean, where would they meet them? They aren't allowed to really go anywhere to do anything on their own!

I think Madison is a guy. The Muncks have a son named Madison and there is a guy on "Million Dollar Listing" named Madison. Why couldn't one their friends who follows the same religion be in the wedding party?

The church has four different locations in Northwest Arkansas. I think they can each seat 1000 people. It wouldn't be too hard to find out where it was, just driving a little driving around.

I thought we knew it was going to be at First Baptist (a division of Cross Church) in Springdale, where Grandpa Duggar was a member for years.

The use of Madison for girls started to gain traction in the mid-80s. Before that, it was almost completely always either a surname or a male name.

Good to know! Thanks to all who responded. :-)

I found Madison McCalmon on facebook, He played football and looks like he is in Nepal, so thats where they met I assume. His family appears to not be fundie by their wearing of pants, so that's cool.

So it looks like it's his brother, nepal friends, and her brothers.

Here are the facebooks of the groomsmen, if anyone is interested:

facebook.com/dan.dillard.334?fref=ts

facebook.com/tony.dillard.31

facebook.com/madison.mccalmon

facebook.com/stephen.g.jones

Nothing interesting.

One more bit of info.: In case I'm correct in my belief that the wedding will be at First Baptist in Springdale, the seating capacity there is 2900.

One more bit of info.: In case I'm correct in my belief that the wedding will be at First Baptist in Springdale, the seating capacity there is 2900.

Two or three years ago they changed the name to Cross Church Northwest Arkansas. They have five campuses. The two biggest are in Springdale and Rogers. The one in Rogers is where Smuggar took firework pictures several years ago. It has three BIG crosses in front of it.

This is also the church that started Shiloh Christian School where JB went.

The pastor just became president of the Southern Baptist Convention.

http://crosschurch.com/?mobile=no

Jill has one close friend, at least she always posts pictures of her and Jill, I forget her name, but it's this girl

tp9y2dqp.jpg

Here is a sneak peak at the wedding bouquets courtesy of Kayleigh, Bobye Holt's daughter.

Those are very nice and tasteful. I'm happy for her on the flowers at least. I hope her dress is as tasteful.

Someone has to watch Marcus.

Or maybe they didn't want him grandstanding like he did at Pecan Thief's wedding when he grabbed Anna and kissed her. :ew:

I certainly hope it was Jill's choice to have almost every single sibling, along with her niece and nephew, in her wedding party. That seems pretty large, even by fundie standards. And shouldn't the bride and groom have equal numbers of attendants? This seems to scream fame-whore on Jill's side, possibly a ploy on the part of Jim Bob and Michelle.

And to TLC and the Duggar parents, you don't own the guests who choose to attend the wedding. If I was a wedding guest, I wouldn't turn my phone over to your bouncers at the door, so shove it.

*And with potentially thousands of phones under lock and key, what are the odds you'd get it back?

i was just joking about that, i don't think they could do that realistically, could they? Seems like people would need to keep their phones for business reasons, especially folks like politician friends of JimBob's.

Jill has one close friend, at least she always posts pictures of her and Jill, I forget her name, but it's this girl

tp9y2dqp.jpg

wow, they... look a lot alike, both the guys and the girls :lol:

wow, they... look a lot alike, both the guys and the girls :lol:

I think the guys derricks brother lol

Two or three years ago they changed the name to Cross Church Northwest Arkansas. They have five campuses. The two biggest are in Springdale and Rogers. The one in Rogers is where Smuggar took firework pictures several years ago. It has three BIG crosses in front of it.

The thought of the duggars in an sbc church is hilarious to me.

tp9y2dqp.jpg

I never heard of a girl named Madison before the movie "Splash"! This guy was probably given a family surname as a first name.

i was just joking about that, i don't think they could do that realistically, could they? Seems like people would need to keep their phones for business reasons, especially folks like politician friends of JimBob's.

Oh, sorry! I thought this was actually a thing because Smuggar put up a sign insisting that no one take pictures at Chad and Erin's wedding. I got annoyed over that one, too. It didn't seem like a stretch for the Duggars to insist that all cell phones belonging to wedding guests would have to be turned in at the door.

Hopefully I wake up on Sunday Morning (I'm 15 hours ahead) and am able to get my morning coffee and watch this whole thing play out on the net. I really hope some pictures make it through. Sooooo sad to say that waiting for the pictures is the highlight of my weekend.

Wasn't the Rogers one where they did the service for Jubilee? I think I remember seeing the crosses. A few other people I know have gotten married there and had enormous weddings.

Archived