IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just realised Bobye holt has removed the flowers photo! Is that a sign??? No photos at all ? Noooooooooo!

"All phones must be left at the door, folks. No exceptions." :law-police:

someone will get their pics through, though!

I really hope so. This is exactly what I was afraid of TLC holding the wedding hostage and releasing no details or pictures until they decide otherwise. I really want Jill to go rogue on this one and post all the pictures and thing herself.

My snarking ability will depend on how quickly my phone can work in a crowd.If my phone does work in the crowd, then I am prepared to see the blessed ceremony of Pinterest vomit.These are a few things I noticed when reading the thread.

[*]I never knew that Jim Bob explained sex by using legos as an example. It just thought he brought Josh that goofy book

[*] Why didn't TLC help Josh with his proposal? Is he not as speshul as Jill? Or did he refuse help?

[*]These people literally owned nothing that would help them live on their own... Such a long registry.

[*]I think the fast food may be for the road, if the honeymoon is really long. It could also be that Jill has not really had much fast food over her lifetime, or the pregnancy cravings if she gets knocked up on said honeymoon. I don't know which is worse the food they eat at home or the food sold at these establishments.

[*] How many of those 1000 people will show to the reception? If this church is built like other mega churches then the sanctuary is the only room that can hold that capacity at once. I guess being in the fundie royalty/ATI makes you too polite to cute down on the guest list.

[*]Finally I hope they can at least become fundie lite. Derrick seems to have a deep pride in his school and I hope he sends his kids there.

***P.S. can someone dress as fundies and crash the wedding. Don't ruin it just attend?

Just thinking what's a way that someone could get photos out without getting caught by TLC --

-- join FJ and post anonymously! :lol: :twisted:

The wedding party has been announced/released/whatever... Derick's Attendants

Dan Dillard, Best Man

Brother of Groom

Stephen Jones, Groomsman

Friend of Groom

Madison McCalmon, Groomsman

Friend of Groom

Tony Dillard, Groomsman

Cousin of Groom

John Duggar, Groomsman

Brother of Bride

Joseph Duggar, Groomsman

Brother of Bride

Jackson Duggar, Ring Bearer

Brother of Bride

Michael Duggar, Ring Bearer

Nephew of Bride

Jill's Attendants

Jana Duggar, Maid Of Honor

Sister of Bride

Jessa Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Jinger Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Joy Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Anna Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister-in-law of Bride

Johannah Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Jennifer Duggar, Flower Girl

Sister of Bride

Jordyn-Grace Duggar, Flower Girl

Sister of Bride

Josie Duggar, Flower Girl

Sister of Bride

Mackynzie Duggar, Flower Girl

Niece of Bride

I can totally see this family going with D's for their children's names. (Derrick Dillard & Dan Dillard?)

Debbie.. Danielle....Dora.....Dina.....Desiree....Destiny....Darcy.

Daniel..David..Duncan...Donovan....Damon...Darryl....Derrick II.

Rumor has it, these were served at the bachelorette party.

Is that a whip? I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey and I can tell that's the theme here. Please say Jill inadvertently had a BDSM themed bachelorette party.

I certainly hope it was Jill's choice to have almost every single sibling, along with her niece and nephew, in her wedding party. That seems pretty large, even by fundie standards. And shouldn't the bride and groom have equal numbers of attendants? This seems to scream fame-whore on Jill's side, possibly a ploy on the part of Jim Bob and Michelle.

And to TLC and the Duggar parents, you don't own the guests who choose to attend the wedding. If I was a wedding guest, I wouldn't turn my phone over to your bouncers at the door, so shove it.

*And with potentially thousands of phones under lock and key, what are the odds you'd get it back?

Maybe one of Derick's attendants is single and will notice Jana's countenance.

WOW, not a single non-Duggar female in the wedding party. They could have at least attempted to make it look like she had one close friend outside the family.

They should have at least gotten the fancy disposable plates and utensils. I can't believe a "tv star" is serving Country Crock at her wedding!

FTR: I ordered Sangria in NYC and it was served in a mason jar just last month so it's not only the south that has a thing for them right now.

Johanna is a bridesmaid but Jenny is a flower girl? That doesn't make any sense.

And Anna is in the bridal party but not josh? Way to be shunned.

Both this registry and the BedBath&Beyond registry are linked on their wedding website. This is a legit registry - sadly.

I still worry about all the poor fundie families that are going to end up buying her a gift when they can barely afford to put food on their own table. "Sorry Kids, no food this week. We had to send Jill Duggar a wedding gift because she is so speshul."

I wonder what gift Gothard will give them - if he attends. It would be interesting to see if it gets paid for as a "business expense" out of his endless pit of "business money."

I wonder if he will attend and if he does attend; will we see his pic anywhere???

Johanna is a bridesmaid but Jenny is a flower girl? That doesn't make any sense.

And Anna is in the bridal party but not josh? Way to be shunned.

Maybe Jill and Derick are sick of Josh's smugness!

Just like Kimye's engagement festivious! No cells, no pics!

I don't think the wedding party is too large. Most fundie weddings have a ton of bridemaids and groomsmen. and multiple flower girls and ring bearers. Alyssa and Erin Bates had 6(?) bridesmaids and don't forget Meredith Alexander's 27 flower girls or whatever they were(bell ringers?).

Did Josh and Anna have non-family members in their wedding parties?

The wedding party has been announced/released/whatever... Derick's Attendants

Dan Dillard, Best Man

Brother of Groom

Stephen Jones, Groomsman

Friend of Groom

Madison McCalmon, Groomsman

Friend of Groom

Tony Dillard, Groomsman

Cousin of Groom

John Duggar, Groomsman

Brother of Bride

Joseph Duggar, Groomsman

Brother of Bride

Jackson Duggar, Ring Bearer

Brother of Bride

Michael Duggar, Ring Bearer

Nephew of Bride

Jill's Attendants

Jana Duggar, Maid Of Honor

Sister of Bride

Jessa Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Jinger Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Joy Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Anna Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister-in-law of Bride

Johannah Duggar, Bridesmaid

Sister of Bride

Jennifer Duggar, Flower Girl

Sister of Bride

Jordyn-Grace Duggar, Flower Girl

Sister of Bride

Josie Duggar, Flower Girl

Sister of Bride

Mackynzie Duggar, Flower Girl

Niece of Bride

I can totally see this family going with D's for their children's names. (Derrick Dillard & Dan Dillard?)

Debbie.. Danielle....Dora.....Dina.....Desiree....Destiny....Darcy.

Daniel..David..Duncan...Donovan....Damon...Darryl....Derrick II.

I'm sure Michelle will try to make conversations all about herself, but the ceremony will be all about Jim Bob.

Will Gil Bates marry them or some other random minister? Gotthard?

Johannah is older than Jenny. Jenny is old enough to be the flower girl who knows what's what. Jordan, Mack, and Josie can be told to follow Jenny. Even number of flower girls. So, it makes some sense.

Whoops, forgot Anna on that list. My guess is that Jenny is a flower girl because the littles always look so cute trailing flower petals down the aisle.

I don't think I've ever heard of a bridal party having men in it before. Is that something typical in a wedding?

Whoops, forgot Anna on that list. My guess is that Jenny is a flower girl because the littles always look so cute trailing flower petals down the aisle.

I don't think I've ever heard of a bridal party having men in it before. Is that something typical in a wedding?

There are no men in the bridal party. Joseph and Josiah are groomsmen.

I'm not sure if I'm proud or not, but I've sketched out the symmetry on a Post-it. Imagine this as the recessional order: Derick and Jill, of course. Then Dan and Jana, Stephen and Jessa, Madison and Jinger, Tony and Joy, J.D. and Anna, Joseph (19) and Johannah (8). Then, Jackson (10) wrangling Michael (3), Jenny (nearly 7) coddling Josie (4), and Jordyn (5) and Mack (4) trucking along together.

Archived