IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 21 2014... and at 1pm I'll be flipping the proverbial bird to Jill because I'll be marrying my DF.

Guest LilaFowler

I'll be glued to Free Jinger on Saturday. I can't wait. I was "excited" for Erin and Alyssa's weddings, but I'm even more "excited" for a Duggar girl's wedding. So many questions. Will Jim Bob give Jill the "sex is like Legos" talk? Will they serve food or just a light desert? Will Michelle and Jim Bob make Jill's wedding all about them? I'm so ready. lol

I'll be glued to Free Jinger on Saturday. I can't wait. I was "excited" for Erin and Alyssa's weddings, but I'm even more "excited" for a Duggar girl's wedding. So many questions. Will Jim Bob give Jill the "sex is like Legos" talk? Will they serve food or just a light desert? Will Michelle and Jim Bob make Jill's wedding all about them? I'm so ready. lol

I'm sure Michelle will try to make conversations all about herself, but the ceremony will be all about Jim Bob.

I'll be glued to FJ for pics and stuff and sending out warm wishes to Mela99 at the same time.

Is it wrong to drop the baby off with the sitter just so I can stay glued to wedding watch? Yes? Okay then I'll check in during nap time and various other parts of the day.

I'm also wondering what time. I've got something going on that night, but am planning to stick around and check in earlier in the day. I'm hoping they'll do a livestream or that someone will post lots of pics.

Mela99, congratulations! Hope your special day is wonderful.

I haven't seen anything about a live stream for Jill's wedding. I doubt that there will be one because TLC will want it to be shown on an episode of 19KAC or a VSE.?

I'm guessing it'll be around 3pm. Wasn't Alyssa's that time? And Erin's?

If they go by etiquette guidelines (and they are not serving a meal), it'll probably be in the afternoon between two and three. Any earlier and people would expect a luncheon or brunch reception, any later and people are expecting supper. But if they're just going the cake and cold cuts route (which I suspect they will), it'll be in the afternoon.

Can someone help me pick out a hair bow for my hair??

I vote peach flower with mint-green leaves on a headband. I've been reading that those will be the bride's colors.

And I agree about the livestream of the wedding, TLC will want the footage for ratings, after all. Let's hope some obliging fundies post pictures.

I vote peach flower with mint-green leaves on a headband. I've been reading that those will be the bride's colors.

Shoot, I'm wearing the peach with white. Will have to find a mint green magic marker to fill myself in...

I'm thinking a few instagram pics will get through, like with Erin's wedding. They can't censor everyone who attends. I'm hoping that's the case, at any rate, or we won't have anything to snark about on the big day. 8-)

Who do you think they've chosen to officiate? Is Dim Bulb 'qualified' to do it? Maybe they've asked Gil Bates?

Who do you think they've chosen to officiate? Is Dim Bulb 'qualified' to do it? Maybe they've asked Gil Bates?

Mike Keller?

Or maybe Derick's family has a home church and want to use that person

So do you think we will see any Instagram pics at all or will it all be locked down?

They have to have their Instagram hashtag picked out already. Any guesses?

Think they'll have one of these signs after seeing it on Pinterest? pinterest.com/pin/343540277797651404/

I'm sure Michelle will try to make conversations all about herself, but the ceremony will be all about Jim Bob.

Jim Bob makes everything about him

Mike Keller?

Or maybe Derick's family has a home church and want to use that person

:laughing-rolling: Nope. The Duggar family will never let Derick choose anything. It is all about them, forever and ever. In fact, the only role I see Derick's family being allowed to have is showing up wearing "properly modest" attire in the right colors, and signing the required TLC documents. I feel like Derick is too nice and easy-going to know that he's been had.

Just saw on instagram that theduggarfamily19, a fan page, is going to Arkansas and she says she will be posting pics as it happens. She doesn't come out and say it but sounds like she will be at the wedding

I think Derick will be "easy going" right up until he puts the ring on her finger. From reading his Pistol Pete interview, it seems that while he is polite, he is also very good at defining and deciding what HE wants and it doesn't seem that anyone is going to push him around. He's playing the game and kissing JimBlob's ass but the minute the preacher says "I now pronounce you man and wife" I think he's going to give JimBlob and Bitchelle the big old fuck you and they're off to live their own lives. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jill enrolled in college this fall to complete an RN/CNM sort of program. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them delay the little blessings for a couple of years.

It is often the child who seems to have truly gotten drunk on the Kool-Aid who gives the middle finger to all of it the minute they can get out of the house. Jill has gotten the most independence because they THINK she's the "obedient" one...oh hell no...you talk a good game, get the 'rents snowed and go off and do your own thing.

Just watch...

I think Derick will be "easy going" right up until he puts the ring on her finger. From reading his Pistol Pete interview, it seems that while he is polite, he is also very good at defining and deciding what HE wants and it doesn't seem that anyone is going to push him around. He's playing the game and kissing JimBlob's ass but the minute the preacher says "I now pronounce you man and wife" I think he's going to give JimBlob and Bitchelle the big old fuck you and they're off to live their own lives. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jill enrolled in college this fall to complete an RN/CNM sort of program. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them delay the little blessings for a couple of years.

It is often the child who seems to have truly gotten drunk on the Kool-Aid who gives the middle finger to all of it the minute they can get out of the house. Jill has gotten the most independence because they THINK she's the "obedient" one...oh hell no...you talk a good game, get the 'rents snowed and go off and do your own thing.

Just watch...

I would love for this to be true, but I will believe it the exact moment I see it.

I would love for this to be true, but I will believe it the exact moment I see it.

I so want you to be right! But I also have to see it to believe it. On another note I really hope Jill embraces her new found freedom. I hope she watches great movies, reads great books, and holds off on having kids for at least a year or two. I hope she basks in the the glory of not having an accountability partner. But most of all I really do wish her happiness and the ability to follow HER dreams, and not the dreams of her parents.

Love the optimism, but no. Jill has already said that they both want a big family. She's been talking about babies, not her career. I don't see her going to college or delaying pregnancy. Remember, using birth control to her is tantamount to doing drugs or sleeping around, enormously sinful and shameful. Derick I think is in actuality much less fundie than Jill but he likes her so much that he doesn't care right now. As one of only two children who had the opportunity to go to college and so on the realities of the fundamentalist Quiverfull lifestyle probably have not hit him yet. I anticipate some issues for them down the road when he expresses his concern that they've had five blessings in as many years and Jill, baffled, says, "What do you mean, Derick? We're just trusting God!" And he realizes he's in for 15, 16, 17 kids if he can't convince her to give it up...

Maybe it will be like Josh and Rebekah McDonald (Anna's sister and BIL). The Kellers were more fundie than Josh's family and Josh came to a realization that while The Lord was still very important to him, Gothard's teachings were BS. He even made Rebekah wear pants. They had two children and Rebekah wasn't disowned by the Kellers because she was following her husband.

Archived