IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

Aw that's so sad about Derick's mum, she seemed such a nice, normal lady too. I hope she can make it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping that if Derrick decides to serenade Jill that he sounds better than Josh did at his wedding. I cringed while watching Josh sing. :disgust:

post-10046-14451999114587_thumb.jpg

After the rehearsal, guests dined on a barbecue buffet of brisket, chicken legs, baked beans, hash brown casserole and deviled eggs with an ice cream sundae station offering dessert. Several of Jill's younger siblings put together a movie reenactment of her engagement to Dillard that kept the audience laughing.

post-10046-14451999114961_thumb.jpg

Dillard's mother, Cathy, who is battling cancer was unable to attend the rehearsal or dinner due to her health. "I want to ask everyone to pray for my mom," Dillard told PEOPLE. "Anyone who has been through [cancer] knows what it is like, and if everyone could think of her, I know she would really appreciate it."

While many onlookers teared up, Dillard slowly pushed a wheelchair down the aisle during rehearsal in anticipation of his mother hopefully being able to attend the Saturday nuptials, along with her husband, Ronnie. Dillard's father, Rick, a former police officer, died in 2008.

post-10046-14451999115184_thumb.jpg

One wedding present they've already received? Cereal. The couple admitted to adding it to their registry in a moment when hunger took over. "We were hungry while we were making our registry and we gravitated over to the cereal section," Dillard said, laughing. "We picked about five types of cereal, and we actually already got some."

That's too bad about his mom. I hope she can make it to the ceremony. It's going to be cute to see the reenactment by the little Duggar kids. =) There's a video on People where Jill says their wedding is like the first one for both families since they didn't have to help much with Josh's. Maybe Josh's attitude has kind of ticked off some of the other kids along the way. :lol:

Yay! The big day is here!

I find it so un-modest to know when a total stranger is turning in their v-card. I think people that decide to wait for the wedding should do so without the need to announce it. I'd be embarrassed to see people again after doing the deed since everyone would know :shock:

I keep picturing men in black suits and wires, complete with curly wires. They are wearing dark sunglasses inside. When someone looks as if they are getting a phone out, the men in black swoop in and take the person out then go back to their posts as if nothing happened. They people in huge surrounding area are oblivious that anything happened because they are just so darn happy to be included.

I was just about to write that People might have an article with pictures before TLC releases their VSE. So sorry to hear about Derick's mom. It would be terrible for him to lose both parents so early in life.

Anyone else think that there were some "F... You Internet" moments in that story?

I'll be connected all day waiting for someone to spy and post! :banana-gotpics:

On FB, TLC just posted an announcement:

Today is Jill & Derick's wedding day! How cute is their invitation? We're so excited to share their special day with you on TLC later this fall!

Fall????????????? WTF???????????????? :shifty-kitty:

Also, the Jeubs will be in attendance. chrisjeub.com/the-nonconforming-duggars/

I was just about to write that People might have an article with pictures before TLC releases their VSE. So sorry to hear about Derick's mom. I would be terrible for him to lose both parents so early in life.

Anyone else think that there were some F... You Internet moments in that story?

I'll be connected all day waiting for someone to spy and post! :banana-gotpics:

Absolutely! "We were hungry while making our registry . . . " I'm so glad they cleared up that great mystery for us. *sarcasm*

My husband and I put really dumb stuff on our registry just for laughs. I think we put a Dr Pepper and some snickers just to see if anyone would notice, sure enough his sister bought it for us. I think people need to give them a break, it was obviously a joke.

How breakable are they?

I have never broken one. My are glass bc I do use them for canning but I haven't broken one yet. (I go back and forth between two quart jars. One to use while the other is being washed) I keep them on the porch with me where they get knocked down and they haven't broken yet.

My husband and I put really dumb stuff on our registry just for laughs. I think we put a Dr Pepper and some snickers just to see if anyone would notice, sure enough his sister bought it for us. I think people need to give them a break, it was obviously a joke.

right i can totally see them running around walmart...

"A toilet plunger!!!" :they bust out laughing:

digital registries are total goof time. :lol:

I love the picture of them running for the back door. It's like as soon as they were married they said fuck this shit and took off out of there

Ah ok.

My grandparents actually assigned people to babysit their car, even though it was also hidden. My Grandpa hated the idea of stuff even being tied to the car. My great-grandpa(grandma's dad) bribed them to leave him alone with the car for a few minutes. :whistle: He put rocks in the hubcaps so they didn't know the car had been messed with until they started driving.

Now that's funny!! Did he ever find out it was his dad who messed with the car?

I'm catching up on the thread - who'd like to join me with a "refreshment". Like Kenny and Alan sang "it's 5 oclock somewhere" - it was Kenny Chesney and Alan Jackson who sang that right?

So now the no phone rule is looking like a possibility again. Eh, I still wouldn't turn my phone over to 'em. I'd leave it in the car if it was that big of a deal.

I had no idea about Derick's mom, I sure hope she's able to make it. :(

If Derick's mom has cancer, it's good of her to be taking it easy. I'm sure she didn't want to sap herself of any little bit of energy she might have had and then not be well enough to see the wedding. I wish her well and a speedy recovery. Cancer sucks.

Amen to that. As mother of the groom, I hope she shows up and is pampered and coddled a bit, so that she's strong enough to attend. No exertion on her part. Chemo takes a lot out of you.

The Germany - Ghana game is on at the same time. I'll be double-booked!

I will have to juggle too! Go Jill! Go Jermany!

I am actually really really excited that the wedding is finally here! Jill looks so happy and I have no doubt they love each other. Fundie or not I hope her wedding day is everything they hoped it would be. I am also crossing my fingers for an A Line dress with some lace. She would look so beautiful in something classic and fitted even with elbow length lace sleeves. Anti-Poofy Princess Gown over here.

Now that's funny!! Did he ever find out it was his dad who messed with the car?

I'm catching up on the thread - who'd like to join me with a "refreshment". Like Kenny and Alan sang "it's 5 oclock somewhere" - it was Kenny Chesney and Alan Jackson who sang that right?

Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet.

I totally get the "no phones" rules. That's the rule for my wedding. Leave the phone in the car. If having your phone is that fucking important, then you don't need to come. I value my privacy and I know that my family does not. I don't want pictures of my wedding all over the internet. I avoid social media for a reason and since I can't trust people to respect that, no phones. Also, I want people to actually enjoy the ceremony. I don't want people constantly on their phones or taking photos and getting in the way of the professionals I hired with hard earned money. Much to my surprise, I discovered "unplugged weddings" are becoming more and more popular as people start to realize just how important privacy is.

That being said, the idea that no one can have phones bc TLC said so, and not bc Jill and Derick said so, is complete bullshit. That's a decision should be left up to the couple getting married and no one else. Sadly, though, it doesn't surprise me in the least. After reading the crap Anna's brother in law put out about how they treated him and his family, I would bet money that a NDA was included with the wedding invites.

Cathy's situation is incredibly sad. They already lost their dad and now their on the verge of their losing their mom :( I totally understand her not coming to the rehearsal if she's really that ill, but there is no way she will skip the wedding. She'll be on her death bed and still come to the wedding of her child. I just hope she can live long enough to beat it and see her future grandchildren. I also hope her illness won't be a catalyst for "we need to have the babez now!!!"

According to this article, Jichelle got Jill a bridal package for her honeymoon.

http://starcasm.net/archives/276600

Wonder what' in the package? An ovulation predictor kit?

The quotes from her blog post about pleasing the husband are basically - "doesn't matter how the fuck you feel, spread your legs when he wants it and take it". And with the hugest smile ever on your face (the imagery is so creepy i'm grabbing the brain bleach)

Do we know where Mr. & Mrs. Dillard are going on their honeymoon?

Archived