IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

Saturday is my daughter's birthday but I will be on when I can. Happy for Jill and Derick but looking forward to the three ring circus that will surely follow. I rewatched Josh's wedding last night for comparison and I about died. The "talk" was embarrasing plus the blatant references to sex was shocking since they are supposed to be modest. The kiss looks like he is attacking her and of course don't forget his song. I did get a good laugh when he mentioned how much he likes food.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/dericks-proposal-rehearsal.htm

TLC "helped" Derick rehearse the proposal. Translation: TLC finally let's us see what really happens that makes "reality."

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/dericks-proposal-rehearsal.htm

TLC "helped" Derick rehearse the proposal. Translation: TLC finally let's us see what really happens that makes "reality."

I totally want the 5 minutes back that I wasted watching Derick's proposal rehearsal on the Duggar family blog. As usual, it was all about Michelle. She claims Derick asked her to help him practice (more like she told him she was coming with Jana and Joy Anna) proposing and she giggled like a moron as she played the part of Jill. Soooo creepy! Jim Bob's proposal was probably pretty lame compared to romantic Derick and she wants to live vicariously through Jill. She actually told Derick he could have permission to touch Jill's shoulder as they walked up to the musicians! WTF?! He's a 25 year old man and an old hag is telling him he can touch her daughter's shoulder during one of the biggest moments of their lives. I hope he shoves his tongue down Jill's throat and grabs her ass at the altar on Saturday. :angry-banghead:

Wow, I'm more excited about this wedding than anything in my own life! I've been counting down the days. (sad...just sad...)

My life is a ZOO right now - or my job is. I will be parked right here at FJ snarking with the rest of you because it will bring me such much needed relaxation and laughs. We need to have our snacks (and enough to share) because we'll probably be eating better than the guests at the wedding. I know we'll be DRINKING better than them! :mrgreen:

DQ was so busy guppling that coffee down in the purposal rehearsal ... anyone else think that was weird how she would say something and then immediately get a swig of her drink? She just seemed so goofy. Derick has had his arm around Jill many, many times. He wasn't looking for permission when DQ gave it, he was just telling her what was going to happen.

Also, who are the older boys in that "reception shopping" picture?

Sadly, (or maybe not) I'll be at the beach, so I'll have to read all about the shenanigans later. I'd love for it to be a nice, happy day for all, but Michelle will make it all about her, Jim Bob will make a bunch of stupid comments, Jill's brothers will play a bunch of stupid pranks. Poor Jill. Can't even be in the spotlight on her wedding.

DQ was so busy guppling that coffee down in the purposal rehearsal ... anyone else think that was weird how she would say something and then immediately get a swig of her drink? She just seemed so goofy. Derick has had his arm around Jill many, many times. He wasn't looking for permission when DQ gave it, he was just telling her what was going to happen.

Also, who are the older boys in that "reception shopping" picture?

Not sure who the adult guy is (Team Dojo's hubby? What's-his-face who helped paint the nasty greenish yellow bedroom at Smuggar's)? At any rate, the Duggar boys are (L-R): James, Justin, Jed.

Not sure who the adult guy is (Team Dojo's hubby? What's-his-face who helped paint the nasty greenish yellow bedroom at Smuggar's)? At any rate, the Duggar boys are (L-R): James, Justin, Jed.

And Jer on the far left. :)

If I were Jill, right now I'd have both Josh & JD up against the wall, holding the front of their shirts, with my fingers in their faces, threatening both of them with certain death if there are any pranks of any kind! Kind of like Mommie Dearest, "NO GOOFY PRANKS" said through clenched teeth. :x

see, i honestly dont think there will be much pranking, but a LOT more Boob and J'chelle annoyingness. the pranking seems to be boy-to-boy, ie John David and Jospeh pranking at Josh's wedding and Zach Bates's, but not Erin's ad Alyssa's (that we know). Espcially since the main prank seems to be to trash the getaway car to delay sex, it seems weird for a boy to think thats funny when the girl is his sister. Boy-to-boy, John David can joke around with his brother about delaying his fellowshipping, but it would be so different and so weird for him to make those references when the bride is his little sister. just my opinion

see, i honestly dont think there will be much pranking, but a LOT more Boob and J'chelle annoyingness. the pranking seems to be boy-to-boy, ie John David and Jospeh pranking at Josh's wedding and Zach Bates's, but not Erin's ad Alyssa's (that we know). Espcially since the main prank seems to be to trash the getaway car to delay sex, it seems weird for a boy to think thats funny when the girl is his sister. Boy-to-boy, John David can joke around with his brother about delaying his fellowshipping, but it would be so different and so weird for him to make those references when the bride is his little sister. just my opinion

I thought that was Erin's wedding where they did the fish in the car. :ew: Was Zach's wedding covered on the show too?

I hope you all are right about Jill slowing escaping Gothardism.

I don't see evidence of that happening or Derick being the one encouraging it. but who knows.

My greatest concern for them especially Jill is how she's going to feel once she's out of the crush phase.

4 days away though they must be so excited.

Will this air as a TLC summer special?

Two things, first I hope that he is a good person and when that crush wears off he treats her well. Second, I hope that at the very, very least they can be great friends. There are worse things than being married to a great friend. Hopefully it really is love, or will really develop into love though!!

Of all the Duggars to have a possibility of escape, Jill was like last on my list of ones to take that plunge. She's always seemed so indoctrinated. Maybe marriage to a slightly less fundie guy, plus a career of sorts, will help!

Sadly, (or maybe not) I'll be at the beach, so I'll have to read all about the shenanigans later. I'd love for it to be a nice, happy day for all, but Michelle will make it all about her, Jim Bob will make a bunch of stupid comments, Jill's brothers will play a bunch of stupid pranks. Poor Jill. Can't even be in the spotlight on her wedding.

I hope Jill has a full on, bridezilla-style meltdown in the next few days. I hope she tells her parents and her brothers that this day has nothing to do with them, and everything to do with her and Derrick, and if they do anything to take the focus away from that, there will be hell to pay.

Has there been any comments made about blessings between these two? For some reason I picture them not pooping a bunch of kids out right away. Jill seems like she really wants to do midwivery oversees. Kind of hard to do that with small children. Derick seems pretty hip too.

ETA: POPPING not POOPING...UNLESS YOUR ANNA OF COURSE.

I probably won't be able to snark live with you, because I already have a day planned downtown with my girlfriends. I don't think they share my excitement about a fundie wedding. :lol: I'm still looking forward to reading your comments later on. :)

Yes there goes any hope for some class at the wedding! I thought jill would have normal plates.

Yeah, all hopes I had that Jill would have a nicer wedding than what fundies typically slap together went out the window today. Being that getting married is the most important thing for these women, you would think that the actual wedding part would be more extravagant.

Doesn't the brides family pay for the wedding? Maybe Jill wanted something nice, and Jim Bob nixed it saying they were using paper plates.

By the way, its actually cheaper (and much tastier) to buy the great value frozen lemonade and mix it up. At least, it is here. I imagine it would be even cheaper to just buy a bunch of lemons and sugar and make it yourself, but when have the Duggar's been known for their resourcefulness?

Do we know how many guests there will be? I imagine it's going to be huge. I guess I can understand the paper products but I hope they are going to have some real food brought in. Like, dinner food. Rustic theme? You don't think Jim bob will be bbqing do you?

Archived