IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

I just saw that they've purchased that powdered country time crap for her lemonade. Ugggh. Like I'll usually let cheapskates be cheapskates, but that stuff is NASTY. Should have purchased a batch of lemon juice instead :ew:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we know how many guests there will be? I imagine it's going to be huge. I guess I can understand the paper products but I hope they are going to have some real food brought in. Like, dinner food. Rustic theme? You don't think Jim bob will be bbqing do you?

There'd. Better not be. Barbequed tuna. :(

I doubt they are feeding people more than deli/veggie trays. Oh, and lemonade in mason jars and cake. Aren't they expecting about a 1000 people (literally)? The church is huge (First Baptist Church of Springdale). According to wikipedia, it's the largest in the state. I think that I recognize pictures of it from 19KAC episodes.

http://crosschurch.com/media/photo-galleries/

The size of fundie weddings is ridiculous. I know they want to be open hostesses and all, but that makes the wedding more of a media circus. It's about appearances and "dear friends" that they've only talked to twice. Just makes it feel so much more artificial and less welcoming, imo.

Man, if I still lived in NWA I bet I could have gotten someone to bring me along. :lol: Maybe it's because they are used to big families already, but I've seen people bring as many as five extra guests as well as the entire family to a wedding without letting anyone know ahead of time. Not as big of a deal when there isn't a fixed amount of seats, but still fairly rude IMO.

I doubt they are feeding people more than deli/veggie trays. Oh, and lemonade in mason jars and cake.

I doubt we will see mason jars. The boys just bought several thousand plastic cuos.

Yeah, all hopes I had that Jill would have a nicer wedding than what fundies typically slap together went out the window today. Being that getting married is the most important thing for these women, you would think that the actual wedding part would be more extravagant.

Maybe these people have no idea that affluent people tend to go all out for weddings. If they have only been to fundie weddings and don't watch tv, would they know that serving real food, on real plates, is the norm?

I doubt we will see mason jars. The boys just bought several thousand plastic cuos.

maybe just for the classier bridal table? :lol:

x200.jpg

Maybe these people have no idea that affluent people tend to go all out for weddings. If they have only been to fundie weddings and don't watch tv, would they know that serving real food, on real plates, is the norm?

Maybe, but with pinterest access, and a mom who was raised mainstream, there's no excusing the tacky imho.

I doubt they are feeding people more than deli/veggie trays. Oh, and lemonade in mason jars and cake. Aren't they expecting about a 1000 people (literally)? The church is huge (First Baptist Church of Springdale). According to wikipedia, it's the largest in the state. I think that I recognize pictures of it from 19KAC episodes.

http://crosschurch.com/media/photo-galleries/

The size of fundie weddings is ridiculous. I know they want to be open hostesses and all, but that makes the wedding more of a media circus. It's about appearances and "dear friends" that they've only talked to twice. Just makes it feel so much more artificial and less welcoming, imo.

Wow, just wow, if this is the church.

No wonder JimBob and Michelle jumped on the tv-show idea to help them pay for their kids. With that many to marry off, jeez the expenses. Decorating this church would be so fun! I wonder if TLC is hired an actual professional decorator like they brought in for the TTH. I hope that they are going to have lots of security and require verification numbers to get in to the show. I'd be tempted to crash it if i lived anywhere nearby :lol:

post-10046-14451999109925_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999110189_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999110445_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999110704_thumb.jpg

Bugger me backwards with a banana, that'd be an arena tour venue over here!

Bugger me backwards with a banana, that'd be an arena tour venue over here!

Ok somebody needs to come help me clean up the coffee that just spewed all over my computer screen. I can honestly say I've never heard that expression before, thanks for the giggle.

SSSSHHHHH - I should be working but well checking this thread trumped the minutes I'm supposed to be reviewing.

When was that shopping trip photo taken? If in the past few days, they sure are using Duggar time in the prep. If I were planning a reception for 1000 people, I'd have stocked up on nonperishables weeks ago. What if the store didn't have enough lemonade? Or the type of plates I preferred? It would drive me crazy.

When was that shopping trip photo taken? If in the past few days, they sure are using Duggar time in the prep. If I were planning a reception for 1000 people, I'd have stocked up on nonperishables weeks ago. What if the store didn't have enough lemonade? Or the type of plates I preferred? It would drive me crazy.

Agreed! I had everything done for my wedding weeks before the actual wedding. I spent weeks telling my then fiance and now husband, "DON'T EAT THAT, IT'S FOR THE REHEARSAL DINNER!!" which we hosted.

I'm pretty A type personality. No Sams Club for paperplates the week of the wedding. NO

Agreed! I had everything done for my wedding weeks before the actual wedding. I spent weeks telling my then fiance and now husband, "DON'T EAT THAT, IT'S FOR THE REHEARSAL DINNER!!" which we hosted.

I'm pretty A type personality. No Sams Club for paperplates the week of the wedding. NO

But God will make sure there are enough available to buy, so no need to get them ahead of time!! hello!

Ok somebody needs to come help me clean up the coffee that just spewed all over my computer screen. I can honestly say I've never heard that expression before, thanks for the giggle.

SSSSHHHHH - I should be working but well checking this thread trumped the minutes I'm supposed to be reviewing.

Ooops so sorry! It's quite a common phrase here, I keep forgetting this is a mainly US forum :lol:

Is it possible they pre-ordered them to come in now?

I bet there are mason jars in the décor. And then Dill can take them home and use them for everyday drinking.

That is a HUGE venue. I bet Jill Boob is so excited to be the center of attention on Saturday. I'm sure he'll be up to some kind of tomfoolery.

Someone posted on the Duggar Tumblr that they are going to send pics of the wedding to her. So ya'll keep an eye out on there.

I really won't be surprised if TLC confiscates cameras and/or puts a gag order on it.

DQ was so busy guppling that coffee down in the purposal rehearsal ... anyone else think that was weird how she would say something and then immediately get a swig of her drink? She just seemed so goofy. Derick has had his arm around Jill many, many times. He wasn't looking for permission when DQ gave it, he was just telling her what was going to happen.

Also, who are the older boys in that "reception shopping" picture?

It wouldn't surprise me to learn she has a habitof irishing up her coffee.

WTF. NO.

Sadly, I see these everywhere here in the south. Really, really hoping these aren't in the wedding.

WTF. NO.

i know, right? so classy. :lol: and there are even worse examples that i didn't post.

like this one:

10176035_630517220356993_2546969036908956523_n.jpg

yes, it says the hunt is over, mr. and mrs. and has deer head hearts all on the same glass wrapped tastefully in a sloppy burlap bow.

chevron included by the site free of charge :lol:

ETA: wow the etsy shop it comes from la bella vinyl (this has to be a joke) etsy.com/shop/LaBellaVinyl

I blame Duck Dynasty for the craze, in part. I've seen plenty of mason jars with the logo on them. But the mason jar champagne glasses? Those just seem to be a thing for some reason, people have been snapping them up. I see them in boutiques all the time, redneck chic or something like that.

I'll confess to washing out mason jars that have contained jam or salad dressing and drinking from them, but I wouldn't ever put them out for company or a wedding.

Archived