IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

Get a grip. JimBob can't help but be looking at the both of them, However, if he thinks that's the first time Jill and Derick have kissed....then he's dumber than I though.

I agree. I think Jill and Derick may have broken a rule or two.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Jill giving up midwifery, more info is needed than a post on Tumblr or other social media account that isn't a Duggar's.

The thing is, the quitting has not really been confirmed. Maybe she IS just taking a sabbatical. Maybe she's decided to pursue some sort of professional (RN maybe) type of education and they're just keeping quiet about it right now b/c it's not the time to piss boob and bitchelle off. I think wait and see is the way to go, kid's been married barely 2 weeks...speculation on her future at this point is ridiculous.

Remember back when they were talking about their courtship, and how they would teleconference online with the parents watching? And how the parents had to be included in the cellular texting?

I wonder how fast (if at all) they removed her parents from that link. What if they forgot and started sexting each other and then her parents saw. Whoops! That would be hilarious.

But then again I cannot imagine Jill would be texting her man talking about how little, albeit modest, lingerie she is wearing for when Derrik is home after work. :shock:

What I want to know is who paid the air fare for the Kathmandu trip. TLC or her dad's cash surplus? Maybe they racked up quite a bit of air miles hauling all the family around the world.

This is my first post. Would have posted sooner but it took longer than I thought for my registration to be approved.

I agree. I think Jill and Derick may have broken a rule or two.

this feels like brand new information.

If it's true that Jill's giving up midwifery, I don't see why people are assuming Michelle and JB pressured her into it. I mean, in a very general way it is their fault because of how they raised her, but when has Jill ever given any indication that she wants anything other that the life she's been raised to live? She's the biggest kool-aid drinker of them all, and all the reading between the lines and seeing a genius rebel in her was a whole lot of wishful thinking. She mentioned once that midwifery was something to do until she got married, so this isn't a surprise. Never, ever forget that SHE was the one who tore Jinger down about wanting to live in the city--Jill is exactly the person she portrays herself to be.

And I wouldn't waste any time feeling sorry for the midwife who trained her. She's also fundie, probably chose Jill as an apprentice based on her fundie celebrity and not any qualifications, and didn't I read somewhere that she got pregnant in her 40s because of the Duggar's advice? I'm sure she's known since the second that Jill started courting that she'd have to find a new apprentice.

Its disappointing for her to just throw it all away now she is married. She worked hard for it, and it was all for nothing. I thought Jill was the smartest and most independent J'slave.

It would be great if they had an FU internet moment and proved that Jill's husband could support her goals the same way Erin's husband supported her finishing college after she married.

If it's true that Jill's giving up midwifery, I don't see why people are assuming Michelle and JB pressured her into it. I mean, in a very general way it is their fault because of how they raised her, but when has Jill ever given any indication that she wants anything other that the life she's been raised to live? She's the biggest kool-aid drinker of them all, and all the reading between the lines and seeing a genius rebel in her was a whole lot of wishful thinking. She mentioned once that midwifery was something to do until she got married, so this isn't a surprise. Never, ever forget that SHE was the one who tore Jinger down about wanting to live in the city--Jill is exactly the person she portrays herself to be.

And I wouldn't waste any time feeling sorry for the midwife who trained her. She's also fundie, probably chose Jill as an apprentice based on her fundie celebrity and not any qualifications, and didn't I read somewhere that she got pregnant in her 40s because of the Duggar's advice? I'm sure she's known since the second that Jill started courting that she'd have to find a new apprentice.

That was Anna's midwife.

I certainly hope this is all bull and she still is with the midwifery practice. It would certainly be nice to have my ranting mean nothing. I would like to see Jill and Derick go the route of Erin and Chad. I really think they could, but I also think the Bateses are much more .. understanding? "liberal" certianly isn't the correct word. Either way, the Bateses give their kids a little more freedom. So I think it's more likely that Erin - or any Bates daughter - would complete her education than Jill - or any Duggar daughter - would. I really hope she's still in her education. I really do. But if she quit simply bc she has a ring on her finger that came with a kiss and not her daddy's hug, then I've lost any respect for her I may have had.

The thing is, the quitting has not really been confirmed. Maybe she IS just taking a sabbatical. Maybe she's decided to pursue some sort of professional (RN maybe) type of education and they're just keeping quiet about it right now b/c it's not the time to piss boob and bitchelle off. I think wait and see is the way to go, kid's been married barely 2 weeks...speculation on her future at this point is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if Derrick encourage her to pursue her RN. In fact, when she started to promote the distance-learning program she's involved with, she said she was working toward an RN degree. I think there's still a video where she talks about this on the Dugger family web site.

If she has decided to be a stay at home wife, I wouldn't blame Derrick or her parents. She's an adult and ultimately it would be her decision, regardless of any pressure she might received from Boob and J'Chelle.

You know, I wouldn't mind being a stay at home wife for about a week. I could finally catch up on my cleaning, laundry and home repairs. I haven't been much of a helpmeet lately with my ebil work schedule.

If she is quitting, I think it has nothing to do with her dream of being a midwife and 100% having to do with her being knocked up already. If there is a honeymoon bun in the oven, then she may have "taken some time off" from midwifery for the wedding/honeymoon, and it will work out perfectly for her and the show to coincidentally be pregnant so there is no time for her to have gone back to studying/assisting with births.

Jill will pull the line "I took some time off for the wedding, and the week before I was going to go back for another birth assist, I found out I was expecting a baby dill!"

If she is quitting, I think it has nothing to do with her dream of being a midwife and 100% having to do with her being knocked up already. If there is a honeymoon bun in the oven, then she may have "taken some time off" from midwifery for the wedding/honeymoon, and it will work out perfectly for her and the show to coincidentally be pregnant so there is no time for her to have gone back to studying/assisting with births.

Jill will pull the line "I took some time off for the wedding, and the week before I was going to go back for another birth assist, I found out I was expecting a baby dill!"

I don't think Jill would know if she was pregnant already, she hasn't even been married for a month, and most people don't realise they are pregnant that early on.

I noticed an article this morning talking about Jill and Derick's honeymoon pictures and it mentioned there is already a lot of speculation they will get a spin-off show on TLC. Anyone else heard anything about this? Definitely hoping this is NOT the case. :pray:

I think Jill would make a fine RN. Enough with the midwife crap. Derick should encourage her to enter an RN program with emphasis on Obstetrics which she seems to have an interest in.

Archived