IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

1.I'm really saddened to hear about Cathy. She seemed like such a lovely woman. I'm hoping she pulls through.

2. They both seem super excited. I'm excited for them! I'm excited that they finally get to be physically intamate on their own terms now. Hug your man Jill! Kiss him on his cheek! Show affection like a real human being :)

3. FALL. REALLY? F U TLC.

4. Hopefully that means People will have a sneak peek next week.

Be available, and not just available, but be joyfully available for him. Smile and be willing to say, ‘Yes, sweetie I am here for you,’ no matter what, even though you may be exhausted and big pregnant and you may not feel like he feels,†Michelle said, explaining that was the best advice she ever received. “I’m still here for you and I’m going to meet that need because I know it’s a need for you.â€

:ew: :hand:

Feel free to go to that trusted wise counsel that you both respect and get counsel when you need it. We have all been there,†Michelle said. “Yes, we have a oneness with spirit in Christ, but there are times that we need others to give us life counsel. So be willing to go seek it together.â€

"come to us, the true believers, for help. None of that SBC crap Dericks family beilieves in"

Annnd I'm done. Hopefully tidbits leak out today.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would Jimmy Buffet do?

Funny you should ask Al

I'd say pour me something tall and strong

Make it a hurricane before I go insane

Think anyone will have those thoughts today?

According to this article, Jichelle got Jill a bridal package for her honeymoon.

http://starcasm.net/archives/276600

Wonder what' in the package? An ovulation predictor kit?

This is disturbing.

“Be available, and not just available, but be joyfully available for him. Smile and be willing to say, ‘Yes, sweetie I am here for you,’ no matter what, even though you may be exhausted and big pregnant and you may not feel like he feels,†Michelle said, explaining that was the best advice she ever received. “I’m still here for you and I’m going to meet that need because I know it’s a need for you.â€
Translation: I may be super exhausted and heavily pregnant but I know sex is more important to you than my comfort so let's have it because your needs are clearly more important than my feelings" Thankfully, I don't really see Derick doing that to her. Pretty certain Josh does that to Anna.

I wonder if someone will give Derrick the "the ladies need to talk, talk, talk about their emotions and if you want sex, you'll listen" speech. I hope somewhere buried in all their sex obsession is the knowledge that sex can be pleasurable for the woman too and that women also have needs. Do they acknowledge that ever? Because from what you read most places it sounds like the general advice to everyone is "you won't want to do it, but you have to!" for women. And that is gross.

Regarding the phones, I totally get it about the privacy issues. I'm also a very private person - I don't even have pictures of my family on my Facebook page. My only real concern about turning my phone in at the gate was that it would get lost in the shuffle of numerous other phones, and then I'd never get the damn thing back. I actually think this could happen at Dill's wedding today. :lol:

I once attended a party where the hostess started playing a game on her phone...with another guest in the room. All I could think was, "Seriously? We can all leave now if you're too bored to even host your own party." Unbelievably rude.

I think part of the world we live in now is just accepting that people will keep their phones and they will take pictures and you can't control your image once you are out of your house. IMO, asking people to turn their phones off is just fine, but I'm not handing over my cell phone anywhere. If my kids aren't with me, that phone is glued to my side no matter what. It would be silent and I would never take pics if asked not to, but the phone stays.

The only way I can see handing it over is if I was told ahead of time and was able to give my sitter an alternate number she could reach me at and I knew that it would be taken seriously.

Asking that phones be confiscated is taking it too far. I'm simply asking that they be left in the car. And these requests are made in the invitation package so people have plenty of notice. Demanding people hand them over at the door without and prior indication that this would be happening is wrong. Very wrong.

Did TLC seriously think people wouldn't want to see the wedding right away? I'll bet they based the entire next season on Jill's wedding and having it be the season finale an that's why they're not doing a special. And to say that no one can take pictures on top of the wait is just pure greed.

I would be extremely impressed if no pictures got out between then and now, especially with all the fame-whorey families and people (Josh) who will be there. Either that or they could just sell the wedding pictures to People tomorrow.

They talk so much about sex without actually saying the word that it makes me uncomfortable. I rewatched Josh's wedding the other day and the whole episode is blatantly about sex. They're special and modest because they wait to kiss until the alter and don't show their shoulders at the wedding, but they'll take an episode of the show which is watched by thousands of strangers to talk all about what sex for the first time will be life. Having your first kiss in front of a bunch of people is awkward enough, IMO, but the huge focus on sex at fundie weddings seems very immodest.

I mean, thousands of people are going to read now that Michelle told her daughter to have sex as often as possible and pretend to like it if she doesn't. These are the people who censor their knees! I might not feel like I have to wait for marriage to have sex and I will brazenly show my knees in public, but I feel like I am far more private about my personal life.

If i was going to the wedding i'd just tag along an old crap phone (turned on of course) and hand that over, then post pics anonymously online. :twisted: They're public people getting paid to be famous, they gave up privacy in crowds long ago (they still deserve full privacy at home or when not getting paid to be somewhere, imo). TLC knows photos leaked will only make people want to watch the show later. :D

According to this article, Jichelle got Jill a bridal package for her honeymoon.

http://starcasm.net/archives/276600

Wonder what' in the package? An ovulation predictor kit?

Jim Bob and I say we have the best love life ever because we’re so experienced now, but we are also still learning about each other and it’s just great. I’ve gone back and reread some books that were helpful to me and I’m writing out notes to share with Jill. I’ll be giving her a little bridal package that has lots of things that she’ll need for the honeymoon. Jill is very understanding of a lot of things because she’s a midwife and she’s helped a lot of mothers. But there are still a lot of things that I want to share with her before her wedding night. For me, it’s a whole different perspective because I’m sharing this information with my daughter.

And even fellows need a lot of help! These guys need to know they can’t go into this thinking they’re all macho. They need to get their knowledge from the right perspective to go into things with the right ideas.

translation: Michelle's giving her some lube, books, info about the clit, pregnancy tests, and handwritten notes and tips from Michelle about "THE SEX". Hopefully some of her midwife friends gifted her with a "back massager", you know...for her sore muscles and back when she's pregnant....yeah (I doubt it though).

I honestly don't want to see this discussion on TV though. Although we saw JB talking to Josh about LEGOS, I don't want to see Jill and Michelle's talk.

Does anyone know what time the blessed event is taking place? (The wedding, not the other stuff).

How quaint, Michelle thinks she's going to explain the mechanics of sex and intimacy to a woman who, as a midwife, has actually HAD quite a bit of education on female sexuality and the mechanics of how a woman's body works. :roll:

In DQ's mind she made that particular part of her advise to Jill public knowledge because she wants other young brides or about to be married women to hear that and take it to heart. To DQ, that is the heart of the happy marriage, keeping the man satisfied no matter what.

So sad to read about Derick's mom cancer. Hope she can enjoy the day and then goes on to beat the cancer and live a long, happy life.

I really like what I have seen in Derick so far. I really think he has had other relationships where he hugged and kissed the girl. He might still be a virgin, but I think he's had some physical contact with a girl(s) before.

I bet my ass that Josh won't stick to any phone rule. He will be posting videos and pictures.

I wonder if someone will give Derrick the "the ladies need to talk, talk, talk about their emotions and if you want sex, you'll listen" speech. I hope somewhere buried in all their sex obsession is the knowledge that sex can be pleasurable for the woman too and that women also have needs. Do they acknowledge that ever? Because from what you read most places it sounds like the general advice to everyone is "you won't want to do it, but you have to!" for women. And that is gross.

I just had a disturbing thought--I bet that Jim Bob feels like he can take the place of Derick's father in this situation. I imagine Dim-Bulb might give him the sex talk...which just...there is so much no in thinking about that. :ew: :ew:

I just had a disturbing thought--I bet that Jim Bob feels like he can take the place of Derick's father in this situation. I imagine Dim-Bulb might give him the sex talk...which just...there is so much no in thinking about that. :ew: :ew:

I would hope his step father or his uncle or someone else from his own family would take on that role. But I can totally see TLC staging that conversation between JB and Derick. Icky :disgust:

Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet.

Haha that's awesome.

He did find out, he got over it...later. My grandma thought it was funny the day it happened.

Yeah, there's nothing like a 'Here's how to keep my daughter emotionally and sexually satisfied talk" to really give you the creeps.

On a side note, I can't wait to see the kids' reenactment of the proposal. John-David's impression of Josh when they were doing that at his wedding rehearsal just slayed me.

So now the no phone rule is looking like a possibility again. Eh, I still wouldn't turn my phone over to 'em. I'd leave it in the car if it was that big of a deal.

I had no idea about Derick's mom, I sure hope she's able to make it. :(

Since Derrick's dad was a cop I wonder if any of his dad's former coworkers will be there. If so, I can't imagine they would give up their phones. My husband is required to have his phone on him at all times when he is on call unless he's swimming or showering, and even when he's not on call he still usually has it with him.

Now that's funny!! Did he ever find out it was his dad who messed with the car?

I'm catching up on the thread - who'd like to join me with a "refreshment". Like Kenny and Alan sang "it's 5 oclock somewhere" - it was Kenny Chesney and Alan Jackson who sang that right

I'm with ya! Coming down from an emotionally draining day yesterday so I've made myself a vodka and V8 (gotta keep it healthy ya know).

Congrats Jill and Derick, may your new found independence from Jim Boob and the Dairy Queen be more literal than figurative. (But we know it wont :sigh2:)

Archived