IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

A couple things from the rehearsal dinner and day before: First in the TLC video JB actually said that Jill was packing up all her things and the night before the rehearsal was her last night in their house. The "girls" were staying in a hotel before the wedding. She probably took the last few things out that she hadn't already moved to the new house and a bag for the night in the hotel. Then in the section from the rehearsal dinner, they weren't just holding hands. Jill was clinging to Derick's arm. I think Jill has been bending a lot of the rules. :) It's good to see. I hope her siblings keep pushing things or outright breaking the silly rules.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, the picture that People is using is adorable. Nothing to snark about! Jill's dress is a normal dress with barely cap sleeves, and form-fitting. Go Jill! The muted colors are lovely, and her bouquet and veil are gorgeous.

The full-length picture that shows the dress is nice, but not my style. I'm not a fan of the wrap-around part of the dress, it's very overdone in wedding dresses right now. I would love the dress if it were all-lace, but it still looks very nice and is a far cry from the T-shirt dress that could have been.

I'm impressed by the lack of unauthorized pics floating around. Very different from the Bates wedding, that's for sure.

With 8 more Duggar girls to marry it will be interesting to see the different choices they pick for weddings. I really like what I have seen so far of Jill's wedding, her dress is really pretty and not frumpy at all.

Well, they've certainly come a long way from the plain satin t-shirt dresses, almost non-existent makeup, and crunchy curls of the D&A wedding!

I'm really excited to see the bridesmaid dresses, I bet they're peach.

Me too, but I hope they are mint. Peach bridesmaids with the peach ties would be too matchy for me.

Did anyone notice that Cathy was able to go to the wedding? Yay!

Cool pics and I'm really impressed at Jill! She's very touchy-feely with Derek in the vid and her dress isn't a frumpy mess (it's quite nice! although I do think the material around her waist should have matched the rest of the dress).

Does anyone know which church the wedding was held at?

Jills dress is missing something. I can't pinpoint what it is yet.

I think it's just poorly altered on top. Intentional or not, it's slightly too large on the top and fits a little weird. It was probably a sample size dress to begin with, which would have been huge on Jill's frame. It could lose the wrap thing, but it's mostly very lovely on her.

Dear TLC and People: hiding all the pictures is not going to lessen anyone's interest in watching the show or buying a stupid magazine.

I think it's just poorly altered on top. Intentional or not, it's slightly too large on the top and fits a little weird. It was probably a sample size dress to begin with, which would have been huge on Jill's frame. It could lose the wrap thing, but it's mostly very lovely on her.

Dear TLC and People: hiding all the pictures is not going to lessen anyone's interest in watching the show or buying a stupid magazine.

It's actually making me less interested.

i think her veil should have been cathedral length to balance out the a-line skirt, and the way the sleeves open at the top makes her arm look kind of... well, similar to a muumuu wearer. (that the nicest way i could think of to say it lol) It just makes her arms look less toned than they are.

imo a tulip sleeve would have been more flattering in the same lace as the dress (since she wasn't allowed to go full sleeveless, that would have fixed the problem too)

post-10046-14451999118941_thumb.jpg

me too. it's a mixed feeling.

The way they're doing it puts off the vibe of not caring about anyone but people they actually know. (crazy for them to do that, huh?) :lol:

It gives me the feeling like... why should we strangers care, she's just a girl getting married whose parents have a famous show...

If they'd let social media have more access it would be like we all know her and were there, like at the Alyssa's (not true, of course, but would keep fans of the show interested).

It's better this way for Jill and Derick, imho, since they're going to move on to real life as a married couple and obviously don't want every second of their lives on display.

Nothing really about the wedding but Alyssa Bates Webster put on her Instagram that she and John were not able to attend Jill and Derick's wedding today.

Gah, that's what I meant. It's not going to increase anyone's interest. I don't know what's wrong with me, lol. Hiding the pictures is not going to change whether people watch the special episode. Alyssa's wedding was all over Instagram, and that got people excited about it. This is just...boring. By the time the episode airs in the FALL, it's going to be old news but plenty of people will still watch it.

If I could snark on anything it would be Jill's hair. I was hoping for an up do but what she wore was the everyday, slightly curled, Gothard approved fundy hair. It isn't bad, just not very special. Everything else was lovely. Her sleeveless lace dress was a surprise, something even my daughters might have picked, and she looked so pretty. Derick looked very handsome in his gray and peach and the flowers were really tasteful.

I am happy for them and will anxiously look forward to more pictures trickling in as the weeks go by. :dance: (Also, so glad Cathy could be there. She must have gotten very sick, very quickly. She didn't look too bad when they were filming last winter. Good thoughts to her and her family.)

Nothing really about the wedding but Alyssa Bates Webster put on her Instagram that she and John were not able to attend Jill and Derick's wedding today.

I've always gotten the impression that Alyssa was less than fond of the Duggars. Interesting that as soon as she has the choice, she bows out.

I think Jill and Derick both look amazing! Love her bouquet.

I think the bridesmaid dresses will be mint and peach alternating.

I also think it's a bit rich that they are so fame and attention grabbing about everything else but won't let their fans see a few more snippets.

If I could snark on anything it would be Jill's hair. I was hoping for an up do but what she wore was the everyday, slightly curled, Gothard approved fundy hair. It isn't bad, just not very special.
Agree! Think of all the possibilities... for having long hair they don't really seem to do much with it. Something like this would have been gorgeous:

wedding_updo_bride_style_romantic_wedding_updos.jpg

Showing her neck and ears off would have balanced out the clunky top of her dress.

Even just a front updo like Alyssa's pollyanna type hairdo would have been pretty too.

Agree! Think of all the possibilities... for having long hair they don't really seem to do much with it. Something like this would have been gorgeous:

wedding_updo_bride_style_romantic_wedding_updos.jpg

Showing her neck and ears off would have balanced out the clunky top of her dress.

Even just a front updo like Alyssa's pollyanna type hairdo would have been pretty too.

I also think a longer veil would have looked better, and an updo. Is it a thing among fundie girls to all wear their hair down for the weddings?

I agree about Jill's hair being a little disappointing. With her dress, might have been better up. Her hair is so long she could have done anything with it.

Honestly, I think it's more than wanting to see the wedding pictures for me. It's kind of pissinge me off that on any normal day everyone would have been posting..... But every crazy fundy I follow on Instagram (I have a problem) is SILENT!!! Not even any after party pics!? Like, you've left the wedding, you're out to dinner with your friends.... At least post some pictures of that! And okay fine, I REALLY want to see the brideaid dresses....

Kind of sad there isn't more news or pictures. Maybe tomorrow?

I'm older than Jill, but I was younger than her when I got married, and I just can't believe she just got married! I was excited all day. Is that sad?

Not sad, bucherwurm, just interested. What the fundies and their leghumpers don't realize is, though we may snark on the details, we are really happy for the couple and interested about where their lives will lead them. Sure there are obnoxious fundies, and tasteless weddings and decorative choices and of course we need to say something (I mean, Jebus laid it on our heart!!) but I think we are just as enthusiastic as their fans. Now I feel discriminated against. :cry:

The dress really is very pretty. The full length photo isn't all that great but the dress is pretty. I hope she's happy. She certainly looks it. I really wonder how the girls are handling this. Tonight is really their first night to be "alone" without Jill. How weird is that for them? How hard is that for them?

I really hope the bridesmaids dresses and flower girls dresses are pretty and not ugly. Since Jill's dress is so nice and modern, I have a lot of hope for the other girls.

It's just about 9pm there. I'm guessing they're getting out of the reception soon and will be heading to teh secks soon. :pink-shock: It's creepy that we know this.

You really think they'd give a shit that people who mock, belittle, insult and ridicule them at every turn are sad that they didn't get to see more wedding photos? lol. Let me put it to you this way, if there was a group of people who existed for the sole purpose of discussing how awful you and your family were, picking on every little detail of your life, making crude and demeaning jokes about you, and occasionally even harassing you, would you think, "Well they ARE genuinely happy for us, so let's let them see some photos"?

Sorry to all of you who cancelled plans and took the day off work and didn't get the gossip/snark/pretty pictures you wanted, but I think it's fairly obvious that the Duggars owe Free Jinger absolutely nothing.

And for those of you who think it's weird or embarrassing or creepy that everyone knows they're going to be having sex for the first time, WTF? That's a pretty fundie attitude. It's freaking sex. The vast majority of humanity does it. Everyone knows that married couples do it. It's a natural and normal part of life. Everyone assumes that secular people are going to be doing it on their wedding night, too (which is funny because a lot of people don't). But I guess you've gotta dredge up snark material from somewhere, right?

Archived