IGNORED

Let's celebrate Jill's wedding!/Jill Married MERGE

Ella

I always just assume that the married couple will have sex after the wedding. When my sister married she and my bil came to a brunch the next day for out of town people. Someone commented they thought they would be at the hotel (an old swanky one.)

It's a wedding. It's what people do. They spend the night in a hotel then go off for a week. Sometime in there they will have sex.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am putting my money on Michelle wearing some pink floral nightmare

I don't know if people really canceled plans or stayed home from work. Its a saturday, a lot of us have a free day.

It was wonderful that his mom was able to attend. I am sure it would have put a damper on their day if she wasn't. Jill's dress is pretty and simple. Its not my style, but it's a lot nicer than most fundie dresses. I was expecting an all lace dress, so I am not surprised.

Who do we know went for sure? The Bates were there minus Alyssa, I assume that Zach and Erin were there with their spouses. The Forsythes were there. The Wilsons. The Querys. David and Priscilla. What other fundie families/bloggers?

You really think they'd give a shit that people who mock, belittle, insult and ridicule them at every turn are sad that they didn't get to see more wedding photos? lol. Let me put it to you this way, if there was a group of people who existed for the sole purpose of discussing how awful you and your family were, picking on every little detail of your life, making crude and demeaning jokes about you, and occasionally even harassing you, would you think, "Well they ARE genuinely happy for us, so let's let them see some photos"?

Sorry to all of you who cancelled plans and took the day off work and didn't get the gossip/snark/pretty pictures you wanted, but I think it's fairly obvious that the Duggars owe Free Jinger absolutely nothing.

And for those of you who think it's weird or embarrassing or creepy that everyone knows they're going to be having sex for the first time, WTF? That's a pretty fundie attitude. It's freaking sex. The vast majority of humanity does it. Everyone knows that married couples do it. It's a natural and normal part of life. Everyone assumes that secular people are going to be doing it on their wedding night, too (which is funny because a lot of people don't). But I guess you've gotta dredge up snark material from somewhere, right?

I don't think a single person here thinks the Duggars owe FJ anything, so your post is a little misdirected.

FJ aside, the Duggars have a pretty big fan base and it's frankly just overkill and unnecessary that TLC and People put such a huge shut-down on any pictures being released. If Jill and Derick wanted as much privacy as possible, then that's one thing. I don't see it being Jill and Derick's doing at ALL though, since they've been so open with everything else (courtship pictures, engagement pictures, etc.). This is TLC (and People) all the way, and it's frankly just silly to me. It seems like they are going to try to keep pictures under wraps until the episode airs, to bring in more viewers. I just think it's unnecessary. The people who are going to want to watch the wedding are going to watch it whether or not pictures are released ahead of time.

I'm also just reminded of Anna's brother's post about TLC's involvement in Josh & Anna's wedding. Seems like an amplified version of that experience for the family.

You really think they'd give a shit that people who mock, belittle, insult and ridicule them at every turn are sad that they didn't get to see more wedding photos? lol. Let me put it to you this way, if there was a group of people who existed for the sole purpose of discussing how awful you and your family were, picking on every little detail of your life, making crude and demeaning jokes about you, and occasionally even harassing you, would you think, "Well they ARE genuinely happy for us, so let's let them see some photos"?

Sorry to all of you who cancelled plans and took the day off work and didn't get the gossip/snark/pretty pictures you wanted, but I think it's fairly obvious that the Duggars owe Free Jinger absolutely nothing.

And for those of you who think it's weird or embarrassing or creepy that everyone knows they're going to be having sex for the first time, WTF? That's a pretty fundie attitude. It's freaking sex. The vast majority of humanity does it. Everyone knows that married couples do it. It's a natural and normal part of life. Everyone assumes that secular people are going to be doing it on their wedding night, too (which is funny because a lot of people don't). But I guess you've gotta dredge up snark material from somewhere, right?

I agree with a lot of this, but what is weird for me about the sex isn't that people know it's going to occur, because yeah, of course it is, but that they talk about it so much (without actually saying the word) when they think a full-frontal hug or a fully-exposed shoulder is risque. It's not a big deal when most couples allude to the wedding night, but fundies seem to make it to be the main topic of a wedding.

Jill radiated beauty but personally I did not care for the top of the dress. I was hoping for more and would have welcomed a even more modest dress if it was not so altered. The top of this dress reminds me a bit of Michelle's vow renewal alteration.

I wasn't saying, "Hey, how about you post some pictures just for us?". I do think even if we snark most of the FJ's who posted here today are genuinely happy for Jill and Derrick. I do think that their actual leg humping fans have been pretty disappointed too. I'm guessing they do give a crap about them.

Yeah, yeah most couples have sex after their wedding. We're nosy because Jill and the other lil' Duggarlings have made an occupation out of virginity and have reminded us on every episode this season. If it isn't private and you're bragging about how you "saved" yourself, I want toknow how it's going. :popcorn2:

It's true TLC's lockdown was a snub to their fans as well as us snarkers, but then maybe all the non-snarky fans were invited. :lol:

We do get a little bit too nitpicky (or i do, for sure lol)... but gotta admit fundies ask for it by parading their lives out there as though they've got a corner on the truth (at least, JB and Michelle do that)

i'm glad J&D got a semi-private day, they deserved it after being cash cows for TLC and her parents.

Yeah it's a few pages back :)

I sincerely hope Jill and Derick get 100% of the money from the sale of the photo rights to their wedding.

I wasn't saying, "Hey, how about you post some pictures just for us?". I do think even if we snark most of the FJ's who posted here today are genuinely happy for Jill and Derrick. I do think that their actual leg humping fans have been pretty disappointed too. I'm guessing they do give a crap about them.

Yeah, yeah most couples have sex after their wedding. We're nosy because Jill and the other lil' Duggarlings have made an occupation out of virginity and have reminded us on every episode this season. If it isn't private and you're bragging about how you "saved" yourself, I want toknow how it's going. :popcorn2:

I agree. They tend to make a big deal of it...and I guess it is a BIG deal tonight. I'm sorry but I keep thinking about the "wisdom tooth" episode. I thought that poor Jill was gonna have a nervous break down. Yeah I was nervous myself when I had to go through it but I knew I wouldn't feel anything asleep and the pain meds were GREAT. There is no pain med for loosing your virginity and I very worried for her. I hope Michelle prepared her properly. I'm not worried about Derick. I'm sure he has researched on how to make tonight special and comfortable for her. But...it still won't change the fact she might be scared out of her mind and have difficulty relaxing. Oh crap it's 11pm. Warm bath with salt takes soreness away. Not being creepy, just very very concerned. Should I be?

I commented that I thought it was weird to know they were going to have sex for the first time. I stand by that comment for a few reasons.

1. They proclaim themselves to be modest. Announcing the (unused) state of your vagina is not modest.

2. Sex is a natural part of life- but most of us aren't announcing when we're gonna be partaking in the fun- especially for the first time and after proclaiming ourselves so modest that you can't see my knees or shoulders.

3. Having sex for the first time leaves many with lots to process. It's something that most have thought about for awhile, pictured it, had expectations, etc. To me, it's weird to be processing that while everyone I know, knows that we've just experienced something so private.

4. Many times, sex changes the dynamic between two people. IE, more comfortable together, more intimate with each other, maybe more relaxed. Would be nice to experience these thing without people asking 3.5 seconds later if you're expecting.

If you search #19kids or #weddingcrasher on IG, there's someone who just posted a picture in front of TTH. :) She said the pic was at Jill's reception tonight at the house. She also took a picture with Jessa, who was wearing a T-shirt so either this wasn't tonight or Jessa did not keep her bridesmaid dress on for very long.

Sounds like it wasn't the reception, but maybe the after-church-reception gathering at their house?

web.stagram.com/n/jjesspeterson

this girl went to the reception at the house. I am assuming its some sort of after party and that isn't what Jessa wore to the wedding.

That had to be an after party. They couldn't handle 1000 people in their house.

It was interesting that in those pics, Jessa wasn't wearing her heart <3 necklace. Also, are her bangs growing out already? Because, no bangs in the pic.

Who do we know went for sure? The Bates were there minus Alyssa, I assume that Zach and Erin were there with their spouses. The Forsythes were there. The Wilsons. The Querys. David and Priscilla. What other fundie families/bloggers?

Chris Jeub posted pics of the wedding "lodging" on Facebook..."the famous" Fort Rock...so they are there.

Seriously, how did this girl manage to crash the wedding? She could have easily blended in with the large group of wedding guests at the church, but after parties tend to be much smaller. Did no one honestly look around and wonder who the strange girl was when she showed up at their house for the party?

This is a bit of an overreaction. No one is implying that the Duggars owe the public pictures of the wedding as it happens or even directly afterwards. But for a family that is very much in the public eye, including Jill especially now with her social media accounts, it is strange that there are very few photos given how many people were in attendance. It's not as if this were a small affair. It was filmed by TLC and the wedding had 2000 guests.

I agree. They tend to make a big deal of it...and I guess it is a BIG deal tonight. I'm sorry but I keep thinking about the "wisdom tooth" episode. I thought that poor Jill was gonna have a nervous break down. Yeah I was nervous myself when I had to go through it but I knew I wouldn't feel anything asleep and the pain meds were GREAT. There is no pain med for loosing your virginity and I very worried for her. I hope Michelle prepared her properly. I'm not worried about Derick. I'm sure he has researched on how to make tonight special and comfortable for her. But...it still won't change the fact she might be scared out of her mind and have difficulty relaxing. Oh crap it's 11pm. Warm bath with salt takes soreness away. Not being creepy, just very very concerned. Should I be?

I feel very creepy speculating on this couples wedding night, but just from looking at them all season they seem very happy, affectionate and attracted to each other.

Her parents have given the impression that sex within marriage is a very good thing - their constant TMI affection is one of the main things they are snarked on for. It certainly seems like she has been taught that sex outside of marriage is wrong, but that once you are married it's not only for making babies, but also to show affection and fulfillment. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when Jim Bob and Michelle go on and on about how they need to not touch because it can stir up desires- they always seem to include that both young men AND women have those desires. So I don't think it's a case of a young girl being raised to believe that sex is some nightmare to only be used for procreation and to fulfil her duty to her husband.and of course Jill has the advantage of having very detailed information about her own body due to studying to become a midwife. She won't be hampered by the squeamishness some of these girls would have about anything " down there",

So I don't see why it would be scary or difficult or negative. Sure they will probably be a little shy, but the vast majority of humanity manages to find sex enjoyable if it is with someone they are attracted to and they aren't feeling bad or guilty about doing it. Hell, I managed to enjoy my first time and it was with a boyfriend of a few weeks and I was only 13. Not the love of my life who I had just committed to spend eternity with and the belief that sex together was a sacred act.

Chris Jeub posted pics of the wedding "lodging" on Facebook..."the famous" Fort Rock...so they are there.

Jeub made a post earlier about how awesome the Duggars are and mentioned that they would be at the wedding. I posted a link somewhere on this thread.

I commented that I thought it was weird to know they were going to have sex for the first time. I stand by that comment for a few reasons.

1. They proclaim themselves to be modest. Announcing the (unused) state of your vagina is not modest.

2. Sex is a natural part of life- but most of us aren't announcing when we're gonna be partaking in the fun- especially for the first time and after proclaiming ourselves so modest that you can't see my knees or shoulders.

3. Having sex for the first time leaves many with lots to process. It's something that most have thought about for awhile, pictured it, had expectations, etc. To me, it's weird to be processing that while everyone I know, knows that we've just experienced something so private.

4. Many times, sex changes the dynamic between two people. IE, more comfortable together, more intimate with each other, maybe more relaxed. Would be nice to experience these thing without people asking 3.5 seconds later if you're expecting.

And no 3 espcially when you are in the public eye. The same goes for the first kiss. Another thing that at least Jill had to process in front of 1k people. Plus we are talking about a young lady and her alleged dfirst man ever.

Her parents have given the impression that sex within marriage is a very good thing - their constant TMI affection is one of the main things they are snarked on for

Except it is based on shame and trying to uphold an image. If you want to wait, fine, but it isn't true for over 90% of the US. Elizabeth Smart talked how shame based purity made her feel ashamed after her ordeal.Every young person should have knowledge of birth control and their body to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STD regardless if they wait until marriage. As I say, the odds are they won't.They also need to know what sexual abuse is and not just basic mechanics.

Archived