IGNORED

Another one bites the dust- Daniel Lockwood MERGE

fundiefan

In my experience, the term moral failure is a code word for "I slept around on my wife."

I've never ever heard he term refer to anything but sexual "immorality."

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with never knowing the details of what Daniel did. I'm private and wouldn't share my marriage issues with the world either. What upsets me is that I think we'll lose track of Jaynee and the kids and after years and years of reading about them I care what happens and want to see them happy and thriving.

Daniel controls her and I'm guessing he won't let her blog anymore or we'll get very generic picture posts with no substance.

With any luck, they will be moving back near her family so at least she will have emotional support from them. I think the blog was set up when they started their mission work, so you're probably right, they won't necessarily have anything to report about all that "soul-winning" business anymore. But, I too will miss her. I was always amazed at how she managed all those kids and they really always seemed clean and happy despite some challenging situations of living in the desert and heat with power outages and bits of hurricanes and extreme heat and sometimes the washing machine would break, etc. I enjoyed reading about their family, even though I didn't agree with what they were doing from a missionary perspective. I hope she doesn't fall off the radar.

I keep wondering what the people in their town in Baja Sur think of what Daniel did. Surely it must be known at least among the church members. I don't believe that Daniel simply had a moral failure and confessed it. I think he got caught and then confessed. Whatever it was, it was not something he could explain away. His actions almost certainly must have damaged his soul winning efforts.

I hope Jaynee and the kids are allowed to stay near her family. They need the support. There seems to be friction between Jaynee and some family members, though, so I hope Daniel lets her have contact and they can make up. I wish Jaynee would open her eyes and see that just maybe her upset sister(s) just might have a point!

I've searched in Spanish and can't find a single thing about Iglesia Bautista De Insurgente and can't find a single thing except Jaynee called herself "Juanita" in Mexico.

I think these people should be telling the truth about what happened to anyone who wants to know because that is supposedly what they are all about , isn't it? Their whole reason for being in Mexico is to tell people "the truth". They shouldn't hold anything back. The goal isn't to tear them down or to protect the image of the church; the goal is to tell the truth.

Hypocrites . Fine example of accountability they are setting .

Those pictures made me feel really bad for Jaynee and the kids. They obviously love it there, and it's the only home the little kids have ever had.

How come a lot of those people weren't smiling in the pictures? They looked like they were tolerating the picture, at best.

My guess is that Daniel not only got caught cheating, but cheating with a man.

Those pictures made me feel really bad for Jaynee and the kids. They obviously love it there, and it's the only home the little kids have ever had.

How come a lot of those people weren't smiling in the pictures? They looked like they were tolerating the picture, at best.

I'm sure a lot of those people feel very deceived by Daniel (and Jaynee, to some extent, too), so they probably don't know whether to laugh or cry. They are the ones that bought their "soul-winning" hook, line, and sinker. How must THEY feel? They probably feel pity for her and despise him, and shake their head wondering why they allowed themselves to be brainwashed by this family.

Hard to say, but that's what I read into it.

Do the younger Lockwood children have dual citizenship because they were born in Mexico? I realize that having American parents means that they share their mother and father's citizenship but weren't they born in Mexico? It seems as if we've discussed this but I honestly don't remember what the answer was.

I was checking back through their blog and came across the fact that in December Daniel and the kids went to a youth conference in San Jose del Cabo. I wonder if something happened there?

If he had an affair, it must have been a very public one for it to come to the attention of his sponsors.

Do the younger Lockwood children have dual citizenship because they were born in Mexico? I realize that having American parents means that they share their mother and father's citizenship but weren't they born in Mexico? It seems as if we've discussed this but I honestly don't remember what the answer was.

Yes...they would have dual citizenship. My son was born in Germany to two American parents and he has dual citizenship until he's 18.

Yes...they would have dual citizenship. My son was born in Germany to two American parents and he has dual citizenship until he's 18.

Does he then have to choose? I'd guess the littlest Lockwoods will mostly forget about Mexico over the next 10 years. Sad really, since the family seemed happy there.

I believe that the ones born in Mexico can remain dual citizens if they chose. I also believe that they can also become elected as President because both parents are US citizens...(not sure completely about this).

My God, these people are so pathetic. They can´t even feed or take care of themselves and their children, much less teach other people how they should be living their lives. Who is going to be supporting these large families they are encouraging women to have in Mexico? Maybe this will be an eye opener for those women and maybe they will think twice about their _ quiverfull_ because no one is going to be supporting them for 6 months at a time if their husbands screw up and lose their job. Jaynee is every bit as irresponsible as he is for trying to suck people into this lifestyle and I don´t feel sorry for her, ignorance is no excuse.

Take a look at the comments that have been allowed on the blog, there are some doozies. They all talk like the devil is the real culprit and Daniel is just a victim because the devil works extra hard at taking down the speshul ones like him.

I have always thought he got a woman pregnant. Perhaps a very young woman or a teenager.

I think at this point it's pretty clear that it was some sort of sexual indiscretion. If there had just been rumors and talk of an affair, I doubt he would have lost his job. So he either got caught in flagrante delicto or someone's pregnant.

If it's the former, if the observer were a powerful person, that person would most likely also have a vested interest in the truth not coming out. If it were a lower rung church member, Daniel could pay them off or play "your word against mine." That makes me believe a woman is pregnant, or has had a baby, and is asking for him to step up and help with child support. Most likely the baby looks significantly like him, or the woman knows about paternity tests and is asking for one.

If it were an affair with a man, I think the same conditions as an affair with a woman apply, Daniel could pay the person off or threaten them to keep it quiet.

Jaynee is a big old liar too. I have attended that class she talks about and it is NOT a mandatory class for women who want free medical care it´s a couples class ( one time only) for people who have applied for a marriage licence. Yes, they teach family planning and rights and responsibilities. It is true that there are a lot of single mothers but the number of children a woman has isn´t significant to how long their father will stick around. More children does equal more poverty! This woman is freaking dangerous.

Once again another post today and Dad Lockwood is noticeably missing from any pictures. I kind of like that Jaynee is shaming him out of the blog. Wish she'd take it a step further and leave him though! Maybe that's in the plans once they get to their destination? I can't imagine being a homemaker and leaving my husband with my bazillion kids though. Trying to support all of them, find a job... it's so sad that in their belief system there really is no way out for a woman if she is victimized.

I'm of the camp that he probably cheated on her with a man. I doubt there is a baby involved. It was either a man or a minor.

I'm ok with never knowing the details of what Daniel did. I'm private and wouldn't share my marriage issues with the world either. What upsets me is that I think we'll lose track of Jaynee and the kids and after years and years of reading about them I care what happens and want to see them happy and thriving.

Daniel controls her and I'm guessing he won't let her blog anymore or we'll get very generic picture posts with no substance.

Here are my guesses...Daniel is going to hate working for someone else. Then he'll have an epiphany that this all happened so he could start up his own ministry. He will make her blog more so people will donate.

Here are my guesses...Daniel is going to hate working for someone else. Then he'll have an epiphany that this all happened so he could start up his own ministry. He will make her blog more so people will donate.

Yep. Daniel has been the king of his little empire way too long to go back to being a regular working guy who has to take orders from somebody else.

I have always thought he got a woman pregnant. Perhaps a very young woman or a teenager.

I think at this point it's pretty clear that it was some sort of sexual indiscretion. If there had just been rumors and talk of an affair, I doubt he would have lost his job. So he either got caught in flagrante delicto or someone's pregnant.

If it's the former, if the observer were a powerful person, that person would most likely also have a vested interest in the truth not coming out. If it were a lower rung church member, Daniel could pay them off or play "your word against mine." That makes me believe a woman is pregnant, or has had a baby, and is asking for him to step up and help with child support. Most likely the baby looks significantly like him, or the woman knows about paternity tests and is asking for one.

If it were an affair with a man, I think the same conditions as an affair with a woman apply, Daniel could pay the person off or threaten them to keep it quiet.

I'm not too sure about this. I guess it depends on a couple of things:

1. If Daniel has enough money to pay the person off (which I doubt, but who knows).

2. How much that person is invested in keeping the dalliance quiet. If they don't care about what happens to Daniel, if they are ok with what happened, I could see someone just shrugging it off. Or, maybe that person is pissed off that Daniel isn't leaving Jaynee or professing his love to them and they no longer have any reason to be quiet or have a very good reason to be a squeaky wheel.

3. If that person is the only one who knows (besides Daniel, of course). If the person that Daniel created an indiscretion with isn't the only one who is aware of it, this could make it hard to keep quiet. Or if they were caught in the act.

I think his dalliance may be with a man b/c of the immediate reaction to the church. I think if it was an indiscretion with a woman, even a pregnancy, I think he could play the 'I strayed, the Devil lead me away, the woman tempted me with her whiles and I was weak,I love my wife more than anything' boo-fucking-hoo bullshit. We all know these patriarchal churches are more than willing to stand by a fallen, 'repentive' leader who was lead astray by a worldly woman, but an affair with a man, I think, is a different story. I can also see it being different with maybe a young girl or boy as well.

I'm just speculating here, of course.

Does he then have to choose? I'd guess the littlest Lockwoods will mostly forget about Mexico over the next 10 years. Sad really, since the family seemed happy there.

If he wants to retain his American citizenship, he doesn't have to do anything. If he wishes to retain his German citizenship, he would have to declare that and give up his American citizenship.

I'm not too sure about this. I guess it depends on a couple of things:

1. If Daniel has enough money to pay the person off (which I doubt, but who knows).

2. How much that person is invested in keeping the dalliance quiet. If they don't care about what happens to Daniel, if they are ok with what happened, I could see someone just shrugging it off. Or, maybe that person is pissed off that Daniel isn't leaving Jaynee or professing his love to them and they no longer have any reason to be quiet or have a very good reason to be a squeaky wheel.

3. If that person is the only one who knows (besides Daniel, of course). If the person that Daniel created an indiscretion with isn't the only one who is aware of it, this could make it hard to keep quiet. Or if they were caught in the act.

I think his dalliance may be with a man b/c of the immediate reaction to the church. I think if it was an indiscretion with a woman, even a pregnancy, I think he could play the 'I strayed, the Devil lead me away, the woman tempted me with her whiles and I was weak,I love my wife more than anything' boo-fucking-hoo bullshit. We all know these patriarchal churches are more than willing to stand by a fallen, 'repentive' leader who was lead astray by a worldly woman, but an affair with a man, I think, is a different story. I can also see it being different with maybe a young girl or boy as well.

I'm just speculating here, of course.

The things is, a lot of Mexico has a very machismo culture. I'm assuming that being a gay man doesn't often go over very well. So the man having an affair with Daniel would also have incentive to keep everything quiet. Though if somehow they were discovered together by a trustworthy person with some power in the community, I could see all of this happening.

It is interesting how the church acted so quickly. I'm also worried it involved someone very young. :cry:

I keep playing this scenario over in my head & I just can't fathom how a same-sex affair is likely. I think about how the church I grew up in, or sister churches, would have responded & it definitely wouldn't have been this hush-hush & they wouldn't offer a 3 month stipend since this would have been a huge deal-breaker.

They all fully believed in public humiliation, if for nothing more than to use you as an example to everyone, so they would have required he & Janey both (since she clearly did *something* wrong to cause him to stray) be very forthcoming in their goodbye post. Then he would have been virtually wiped off the face of the planet & nobody would ever hear another word from him or his wife.

Had it been an affair with a woman, it would have been treated much the same way except the stipend would have been offered & he would have just been moved to another mission field with a slap on the wrist.

I still think that this had something to do with stealing or some other sort of financial dishonesty.

I don't think is stealing or other sort of financial dishonesty. Jaynee wouldn't be praying for the healing of her marriage if he hadn't been unfaithful to her. Whether it was with a male or female, young or his age or older, I'm pretty sure it was some kind of an affair. Emotional, physical, whether it resulted in a pregnancy -- we may never know -- but if it were "just" a money issue, they'd probably slap him on the hand, make him pay restitution, and relocate him.

Once again another post today and Dad Lockwood is noticeably missing from any pictures. I kind of like that Jaynee is shaming him out of the blog. Wish she'd take it a step further and leave him though! Maybe that's in the plans once they get to their destination? I can't imagine being a homemaker and leaving my husband with my bazillion kids though. Trying to support all of them, find a job... it's so sad that in their belief system there really is no way out for a woman if she is victimized.

I'm of the camp that he probably cheated on her with a man. I doubt there is a baby involved. It was either a man or a minor.

I am not sure she is shaming him out of the blog. She may simply be posting pictures without him to forestall conversation or he may not be around for photos. He is laying low and I would be more inclined to think he is just taking step back for the storm to pass.

If he wants to retain his American citizenship, he doesn't have to do anything. If he wishes to retain his German citizenship, he would have to declare that and give up his American citizenship.

Why would he have to give up his American? He can have dual citizenship. My children have US and New Zealand and off their NZ address they have Irish.

Also, just because someone is born in another country, that does not guarantee citizenship. It depends on the naturalization laws of the host country. Mexico allows citizenship by birth, but other countries do not necessarily guarantee. In Germany, parents have to have a residency permit or to have resided in Germany for eight years. US military usually don't qualify. In Mexico, just like the US, the baby can just drop out of you at the airport!

Archived