IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

I still can't figure out how she knew the library staff person was homosexual. Because, really people don't go around introducing themselves as, "Hi, I'm the gay librarian, may I help you?"

Maybe the childrens' librarians were fabulous -- when they weren't being mean. Or maybe they were fabulously mean. Or meanly fabulous. :doh:

:gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow:

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe she fell asleep while watching Sophie's Choice, and dreamed the whole episode based on this scene:

wKN-Ic4rfqM

(not that this character is gay, that we know of, but his head and hand movements would be enough for a clueless fundie to assume he was)

Nah -- either made up, exaggerated from some innocent event, or somebody writing fundie parody.

But Poe's Law sure does apply when it comes to these people, doesn't it?

MrsFoxx wrote:

Also, how is she identifying these homosexuals? Does she ask them?

She has the Homosexual ID Kit, sold at Vision Forum before it closed, of course.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was really wondering.

I just have one toddler and I get this comment! But I don't think its a bad thing. Something I've noticed is its usually an older woman or man, who have already been through the raising kids thing, so to me its not an insult, its more of a sympathetic "I've been there, I know what your going through" The thought never crossed my mind that someone was being rude, or trying to insult me.

Thank you, my friend. It takes a special kind of whiner to be offended by a cheery "got yer hands full, eh?"

I was getting to know a new friend who told me how tired she was after the Easter celebrations. I said, "Well, you've got 4 kiddos, right ... "

She interrupted, "Five." And when I goggled - because while she did look tired, she also looks like she's in her mid-20s - she said, "They're 10, 8, 6, 3 and 1."

I bleated, "Girl, no wonder you're tired!!!! Any chance you can get the littles to nap with you when you get home?!"

She smiled and said that was her plan. No indignation, no lectures on how chirrunsareGodsgifts and thatsthevowtheytook .... just a matter of fact. She has 5 children, they're young, she's in the period of life where "tired" is pretty dang understandable.

Probably helped that she's Roman Catholic, not NCFIC-ish. Which, yeah, I'm sure the RC plan on "no birth control" was partly to cover the earth with cradle RCs, back in the day, but in contemporary times, it seems to me that some RC couples enjoy children and have a sports team worth, while others have one or two and figure it's nobody else's business - not Grandma's and certainly not Father O'Malley's.

Guess I'm saying that with militant fecundity comes militant attitudes. And to those I say, "Go hug yourself." And now I say migosh how far off the topic I've gotten!!!!!

He didn’t have to convince me, of course, but his reasoning was, ‘If there’s a fire in the library, who’s going to save the women and children?’ My kids needed to see their father put his foot down and they needed to know the reasons.

You know, that kind of strikes me as even more odd than the Gay Agenda Librarian comment. I mean, look, if there's a fire and the helpless feminine women are going to get tangled up in their skirts and indecisiveness about I don't know, like leaving through the door or something--wouldn't it be good to have a few butch librarians around to toss them over their shoulders and carry them out? Or what's up with the dumbass father who can't instruct his wife and children to leave a building in case of fire. :P

Or what's up with the dumbass father who can't instruct his wife and children to leave a building in case of fire. :P

What is wrong with HER that she can't figure out that she needs to leave a building in case of fire? The "logic" of her husband forbidding her to visit the library because there would be no one to rescue women and children is just sad. Gay people can't figure out how to exit the building? There are no clearly marked exits in their library because...mean gay people work there? Since there is such danger at the library, couldn't her husband demonstrate his own (surely extreme) manliness by going there with the rest of the family to protect them from fire, mean gay people, and other horrible dangers?

I can just imagine how the conversation would go if MY husband forbid me from visiting the library...

So, her tips for fire safety are "wait for a strong he-man to come and rescue you."?

Why can't she "stop, drop and roll" like a normal human?

So, her tips for fire safety are "wait for a strong he-man to come and rescue you."?

Normal humans ignore things like fire alarms! Not long ago, my family and I were in a major retailer when a fire alarm went off... everyone shrugged and kept shopping. Sure, it was a false alarm -- and we were pretty sure that it was -- but we still motored our crew to the door so as to avoid a stampede should it have proved otherwise. Alone, people are pretty smart beings... in groups they're as dumb as rocks.

Off topic, I know. Feel free to get back to snarking. :)

What is wrong with HER that she can't figure out that she needs to leave a building in case of fire? The "logic" of her husband forbidding her to visit the library because there would be no one to rescue women and children is just sad. Gay people can't figure out how to exit the building? There are no clearly marked exits in their library because...mean gay people work there? Since there is such danger at the library, couldn't her husband demonstrate his own (surely extreme) manliness by going there with the rest of the family to protect them from fire, mean gay people, and other horrible dangers?

I can just imagine how the conversation would go if MY husband forbid me from visiting the library...

This is the problem - logic! Fundies are terrified of it. That is why they have to live by their list of rules, and why they don't like math and science. They are afraid to have people thinking for themselves.

And believe it or not, as a Christian, I find this so sad and limiting. I am a giant math nerd, and I find so much beauty and awe in math and science. It does not cause me to doubt my faith, it brings me wonder. Sometimes, I don't understand things, but this doesn't make me stop believing, it makes me want to know more, to understand more. I think that the Fundies god is pretty wimpy.

Not related, really, but when my kids were young, we lived half a block from a fire station. They had a dalmation, fire house dog. We regularly went to visit him, his name was Hoser, and he was trained to stop, drop and roll, to teach the kids what to do in case of a fire. :)

For everyone who's already read the Doug Wilson's victim-blaming mental gymnastic bullcrap fest, breaking news says the guy in his church who molested a teen girl stuck around and is now getting new charges of domestic violence brought against him. Makes sense for Doug Wilson to blame the victim. God forbid he learn from his own historical mistakes on the issue.

as reported by the latest entry on Lourdes and Phillips at kbotkin.com

For everyone who's already read the Doug Wilson's victim-blaming mental gymnastic bullcrap fest, breaking news says the guy in his church who molested a teen girl stuck around and is now getting new charges of domestic violence brought against him. Makes sense for Doug Wilson to blame the victim. God forbid he learn from his own historical mistakes on the issue.

:worship:

OMG, I officially love Katie Botkin. Her latest blog entry just rocks. (And I bet Uncle Geoff's head is about to explode, if it hasn't already.)

kbotkin.com

I'm a little lost. What is the name of the guy who is getting new charges against him? I know that Doug Wilson supported Steve Sitler when he was accused of molesting some of the young members of Wilson's church

Katie is my favorite Botkin. I'm glad she's pointing this stuff out.

I'm a little lost. What is the name of the guy who is getting new charges against him? I know that Doug Wilson supported Steve Sitler when he was accused of molesting some of the young members of Wilson's church

According to the linked post from the girl who was molested "no more tape over my mouth," it's Jamin something. Doing a search on the topic leads to Jamin Wight. I bet it would be easy to search the online public records and see what he was charged with.

Edited to add the gem from my search attempts: creepy fact, Jamin Wight's YouTube channel pops up with the description "Not only is she stunningly beautiful but she is a real sweetheart in the barn and fun to train. She will no doubt make a world class show horse and broodmare." It's about a horse. Irony much?

My reading of Katie's blog entry is that she's referring to Sitler.

Went to the Latah County website but it looks like you can only access court records in person at the sheriff's office.

My reading of Katie's blog entry is that she's referring to Sitler.

Went to the Latah County website but it looks like you can only access court records in person at the sheriff's office.

I'm pretty sure Sitler's victims were all younger than the girl Katie linked to at the time of their abuse.

Here's an older link talking about Jamin Wight (and Sitler): http://newwest.net/main/article/two_chi ... st_church/

Here's a link to the Idaho Repository with his case history: https://www.idcourts.us/repository/case ... hristopher

(I don't know if that will actually go through. If not enter Jamin Wight and Latah County in the name search).

I can't find anything online about the new strangulation case other than the court documents so apparently not that many people have connected the dots yet.

Here's an article from Newwest

http://newwest.net/main/article/two_chi ... st_church/

in which the judgey-wudgey points out that as a homeschooled 24-year-old, the perp really didn't have the maturity to know what he was doing when he forced himself on a 10-years'-younger early teen. In my neck of the woods, we are less poetic, calling that "using it as soon as you get a little hair on it." DISGUSTING.

I found the blog of the survivor earlier and will try to do so again and if successful, will post here.

ETA: here it is.

natalierose-livewithpassion.blogspot.com/2013/01/perpetuating-abuse-warningexplicit.html

She links to her earlier blogpost about the crime and the justice [sic] process. Going back to read it, IIRC she reports that the man who hurt her indeed is under church discipline (for more recent crimes) and ... enough from me. She should be the one to tell it.

It occurs to me that Doug Wilson and his buddies simply hate women. There's no reason in the world for DW to have gone and sat with Jamin Wight and his team, glowering at the survivor across the hearing room as he did so. She was 13-16 when she was repeated raped by a man who was 23-26, and who told her that if she reported on him, it would ruin him and her.

A Bloody Mary should help me calm down. Seriously, let Doug Wilson and his acolytes go establish their own female-free enclave somewhere. There are enough Real Dolls to give them something to do. They don't deserve real women. :angry-banghead:

ETA: smug-ass criminal creep!

http://greyfriars-hallmark.blogspot.com/

Edited to add links and to fix a reporting error.

I don't say this lightly, but I sincerely hope that Doug Wilson goes to hell for his part in these abuses.

Matthew 25:40

Oh goodness, how much MORE sick is it that Wilson now says basically, "They're doing great, thanks?"

Beyond sickening.

Oh goodness, how much MORE sick is it that Wilson now says basically, "They're doing great, thanks?"

Beyond sickening.

About Silter and Wight or…? I'm confused. Link?

You know, that kind of strikes me as even more odd than the Gay Agenda Librarian comment. I mean, look, if there's a fire and the helpless feminine women are going to get tangled up in their skirts and indecisiveness about I don't know, like leaving through the door or something--wouldn't it be good to have a few butch librarians around to toss them over their shoulders and carry them out? Or what's up with the dumbass father who can't instruct his wife and children to leave a building in case of fire. :P

Gay panic at the library needs to be a post title.

Here's an article from Newwest

http://newwest.net/main/article/two_chi ... st_church/

in which the judgey-wudgey points out that as a homeschooled 24-year-old, the perp really didn't have the maturity to know what he was doing when he forced himself on a 10-years'-younger early teen. In my neck of the woods, we are less poetic, calling that "using it as soon as you get a little hair on it." DISGUSTING.

I found the blog of the survivor earlier and will try to do so again and if successful, will post here.

ETA: here it is.

natalierose-livewithpassion.blogspot.com/2013/01/perpetuating-abuse-warningexplicit.html

She links to her earlier blogpost about the crime and the justice [sic] process. Going back to read it, IIRC she reports that the man who hurt her indeed is under church discipline (for more recent crimes) and ... enough from me. She should be the one to tell it.

It occurs to me that Doug Wilson and his buddies simply hate women. There's no reason in the world for DW to have gone and sat with Jamin Wight and his team, glowering at the survivor across the hearing room as he did so. She was 13-16 when she was repeated raped by a man who was 23-26, and who told her that if she reported on him, it would ruin him and her.

A Bloody Mary should help me calm down. Seriously, let Doug Wilson and his acolytes go establish their own female-free enclave somewhere. There are enough Real Dolls to give them something to do. They don't deserve real women. :angry-banghead:

ETA: smug-ass criminal creep!

http://greyfriars-hallmark.blogspot.com/

Edited to add links and to fix a reporting error.

Oh my goodness. I am just really sad. I grew up with Natalie...I wasn't close because of our age difference, but we were in the same homeschool group. I knew her family split from Christ Church a while back...as well as the mom and dad having a divorce. I had no idea she was the victim of Jamin and that this was the center of her family's drama. And I know so, so many people who are in the same friend/church circle as Jamin. Too sad for words. I hope these girls are aware of him and don't fall victim next. :cry:

Here's an older link talking about Jamin Wight (and Sitler): http://newwest.net/main/article/two_chi ... st_church/

Here's a link to the Idaho Repository with his case history: https://www.idcourts.us/repository/case ... hristopher

(I don't know if that will actually go through. If not enter Jamin Wight and Latah County in the name search).

I can't find anything online about the new strangulation case other than the court documents so apparently not that many people have connected the dots yet.

OMG - I hadn't realized that there were two (2) cases of sexual abuse of minors by adults males under Doug Wilson's pastoral supervision.

Why is Wilson still in charge there? :pink-shock:

Archived