IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

I've lived in San Antonio for 25 years and been a homeowner for 20 of those...the property taxes aren't *that* bad, and anyway housing is much more affordable here than in many other places.

As far as it being "cult central," I would bet half my annual property tax that 95% of San Antonians have no idea who or what DPIAR and Vision Forum are (or were)--97% before the front page (below the fold) article came out in the E-N last week. If you asked the average person on the street to name a local fundie, ten out of ten would say "John Hagee." The VF people may project an air of self-importance but they are completely irrelevant to the lives of everyone except for their insular little group.

I believe that... I've been going to SA and Boerne and surrounding areas for the last 7 years and never heard of these people til I came to FJ.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was once told by someone in whom I confided for help, who was in a position of spiritual authority over me, that I needed to take responsibility for putting myself in the situation in which I was raped. I shit you not. :? Some people are just freaking clueless.

I don't think that was cluelessness. I think that was cruelty.

I'm sorry someone said that to you. That's really shitty.

I don't think that was cluelessness. I think that was cruelty.

I'm sorry someone said that to you. That's really shitty.

Thank you. For someone who already has a propensity to second-guess forever and beat themselves up, it certainly didn't help. My therapist still makes me say out loud occasionally, "It wasn't my fault." Because when you hammer down certain neural pathways for years, they don't come undone in a day. Something else these asshats don't understand.

Perry's Facebook page is now private.

ETA: The Voddie Baucham Ministries page is open again, and people are asking him to make a statement about Doug Phillips and also Michael Farris.

Haha. Either tired of FJ gossip, or he's been named in the lawsuit.

Happened with Sippy Cup's Facebook too. I think Perry had to have seen/knew SOMETHING all those years working for Doug

Kelly C. replied under Doug Wilson's latest post. I'm warning you: Heads will explode.

"And finally, I breathe a big sigh of 'amen' for the first, that I’ve read, of real discernment over the situation, and a wise call to hold adults responsible instead of perpetuating a 'victim' culture.

Since the first pieces started popping up on the scandal, I’m saying, 'why is she a victim?' We are talking, by the way, about a confident, assertive young woman and *nothing* like the mousy allusions I’ve read. Don’t ask me how I know.

'We cannot accuse Vision Forum of treating all women like little girls, and then turn around and treat all women as little girls who can’t be expected to say no to a cad at Vision Forum.'

I can’t thank you enough for saying this."

I've been a lurker for years (since yuku days) and I had to register now to say: FUCK YOU, Kelly. Being a confident, assertive young woman didn't stop my abuser from chipping away at my confidence, violating my boundaries again and again, and twisting the words of the Bible to use as a weapon against me. When you're raised to be obedient to those in authority over you, and also told that worldly authorities like police and children's services are bad & wicked and they destroy families, when the 'authority' like the Patriarch over you molests you, do you think that suddenly you're going to feel like calling the police is a good thing? When you are told that calling the police would result in your (or another) family's destruction, it feels like a SELFISH act to report the man who abused you. I never had the strength to do it.

Lourdes I am SO VERY PROUD OF YOU. You are so incredibly courageous. Please don't listen to those who would blame you or minimize what was done to you. They have no empathy, and certainly no shame.

Over on SSB, someone was contacted by a PI hired on ESQ' S behalf to investigate conspiracies against ESQ. Good times, good times.

ETA:

spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/04/18/patriarchy-doug-phillips-bill-gothard-doug-wilson-and-damage-control/#comments

It's by blogger Ryan Short, posted on 20 April at 6:15 AM, for your ease of searching. :-)

The conversations over there are incisive wrt ESQ's apologists and defenders. Good reading.

I've been a lurker for years (since yuku days)

Woops, didn't read the Handy Guide to User Titles until just now, didn't know that 'lurking since yuku' was a thing..

I've been a lurker for years (since yuku days) and I had to register now to say: FUCK YOU, Kelly. Being a confident, assertive young woman didn't stop my abuser from chipping away at my confidence, violating my boundaries again and again, and twisting the words of the Bible to use as a weapon against me. When you're raised to be obedient to those in authority over you, and also told that worldly authorities like police and children's services are bad & wicked and they destroy families, when the 'authority' like the Patriarch over you molests you, do you think that suddenly you're going to feel like calling the police is a good thing? When you are told that calling the police would result in your (or another) family's destruction, it feels like a SELFISH act to report the man who abused you. I never had the strength to do it.

Lourdes I am SO VERY PROUD OF YOU. You are so incredibly courageous. Please don't listen to those who would blame you or minimize what was done to you. They have no empathy, and certainly no shame.

And what a great reason to do so!

Welcome, Sugarbob (well, I know you've been "here," but welcome to posting!), and thank you for being yet another voice against the slime.

I left the forum for a short while and now have to pay catch up. Why do I even try to give you all up? Congrats to Nolan and Hero. They both deserve happiness

I left the forum for a short while and now have to pay catch up. Why do I even try to give you all up? Congrats to Nolan and Hero. They both deserve happiness

I had to step away for awhile, too. But I think we all know we are way too invested in this story to truly walk away. LOL.

I had to step away for awhile, too. But I think we all know we are way too invested in this story to truly walk away. LOL.

Haha. There should probably be a support group for the bunch of us who stopped lurking so we could dance on Doug (TOOL) Phillips' grave.

Happened with Sippy Cup's Facebook too. I think Perry had to have seen/knew SOMETHING all those years working for Doug

aww, CRAP!!! He has it locked down tight. I was hoping I could get see something, since we have a mutual facebook friend.... :pull-hair: But, nope, he got smart. Do these people really come and read here?

Haha. There should probably be a support group for the bunch of us who stopped lurking so we could dance on Doug (TOOL) Phillips' grave.

Doug the TOOLs demise is the sole reason I started lurking and join FJ! :music-tool:

Haha. Either tired of FJ gossip, or he's been named in the lawsuit.

Or he's received a visit from DPIAR's PI.

Oh, how surprising. Kelly Crawford jumps in with her two cents'. And shockingly, it's telling us that only mousy girls could be a victim of a sexual predator. Such insight, that Kelly. :roll: Has she read her own daughter's writing lately? Because if Bria's blog reflects her genuine intellect and personality, I don't think Bria would have much chance against some "cad" from Vision Forum, either.

I honestly think that Kelly simply cannot imagine that there are people out there who can outsmart her, and who are capable of manipulating her. That's how inflated her ego is.

Because I was concerned that Lourdes might have objected to being called "Hero" because she thought it was meant as nasty snark, I went to the FB site set up to support her. I posted that I was the one who dubbed her "Hero" because Shakespeare's Hero, in "Much Ado About Nothing," was a chaste woman of integrity whose reputation was impugned, but who courageously held her head high and was proven innocent. Lourdes thanked me.

I noticed. She has liked most of the posts on there (including mine). It makes me happy to know that she has read them and knows that there are people out there who support her, and I hope it helps.

I hope the FB page is legitimate and that it's not just someone posing as her. I haven't been there to look and don't have the time, but anyone can create a FB page and call it whatever they like. Just sayin'...

I hope the FB page is legitimate and that it's not just someone posing as her. I haven't been there to look and don't have the time, but anyone can create a FB page and call it whatever they like. Just sayin'...

Lourdes doesn't run the page, one of her supporters does.

The Lourdes Manteufel Facebook profile is legitimate though, it has the same photo as a profile pic as Nolan does, and has him as a friend and they are both listed as married to eachother.

Perry's Facebook page is now private.

ETA: The Voddie Baucham Ministries page is open again, and people are asking him to make a statement about Doug Phillips and also Michael Farris.

Isn't this the second time Perry has gone private? I bet he will be public again eventually.

Isn't this the second time Perry has gone private? I bet he will be public again eventually.

I think I can live without pictures of an undereducated fatass in a "make me a sandwich, woman" T-shirt. Good riddance.

I went to the FB page supporting Lourdes and I found a comment by Rebecca Busenitz:

"I am also 29, & grew up in a fundamentalist, cultish, male-led church. (Vision Forum was a big deal!) This hits very close to home for me – as I have personally been involved in the trauma, court cases, and lives of sexual abuse and incest victims very near and dear to me…witnessing the injustice and mind control of the innocent, being alienated from friends and family, being villainized, lied about, and almost losing my marriage due to the emotional pressure, isolation, & issues we had no idea how to deal with! I was suicidal."

Could she be related to Rachel Busenitz nee Wissmann?

edited to correct the spelling of the name that is bolded

Archived