IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why, you must talk about tools for hime-schooling and tools for a successful ministry, of course!

You could also lament the fact that you are unable to order from that wonderful Vision Forum.

I think you can still pay at the door. Sadly, the Pastor's Luncheon is closed for registration (would love to be a fly on the wall for that one, too!).

Call them and ask them about the Christian Heritage event for tomorrow!

Overlake Christian Church

9900 Willows RD NE

Redmond, WA 98052

There is live stream available.

www.christianheritageonline.org/livestream/

Don't know if anyone's caught this yet - from Kelly Crawford's public Facebook page:

It just occurred to me: I will be sitting on a plane, separated from a complete stranger by a distance of 3 inches for 6 hours. As an introvert, I can't think of much worse.

(I should clarify...it's not people, or meeting people or hugging that's hard for me, just the prospect of the unknown, the possibility of 6 hours of small talk, and just having my "bubble" invaded for that long, without a break. It's complicated.)

And, there's a reply from - you guessed it - Stacy McDonald!!

"Praying for you."

Lots of other suggestions, ranging from dark glasses and earbuds, to witnessing to one's seatmates, to remembering to bring essential oils.

:popcorn2:

Maybe whisper to someone "What do you think about the allegations against Doug Phillips?"

Don't forget to ask about having your headship join Bradrick!'s emergency response team!

"My son was so looking forward to being a Vision Forum intern! Do you think Doug Phillips* will be setting up a similar program in his new ministry? What is up with him lately?". Assume an innocent, clueless facial expression.

*who is a tool

Don't know if anyone's caught this yet - from Kelly Crawford's public Facebook page:

Lots of other suggestions, ranging from dark glasses and earbuds, to witnessing to one's seatmates, to remembering to bring essential oils.

Someone recommended booze.

If someone started "witnessing" to me on a plane, I would LOSE it! Poor Kelly C. It's not like her seat-mate is also trapped next to her for six hours, or anything. Who do you think would have it worst?

If someone started "witnessing" to me on a plane, I would LOSE it! Poor Kelly C. It's not like her seat-mate is also trapped next to her for six hours, or anything. Who do you think would have it worst?

QFT. I hate flying, although it's forced upon me a few times a month, and if some crazy person decided to witness to me I'd either punch them or weep. These people suck.

Is Kelly traveling under her husband's umbrella of protection? If not, isn't she just "asking for trouble"?

Of course she's not asking for trouble! Don't y'all know, if a woman should cross paths with someone bent on sexual misconduct, she just needs to say "no!" Problem solved!!!

I fly a lot and I don't strike up conversations, nor do my seat mates, usually. MOst of the time, people are working, reading, sleeping, listening to music, etc.

Of course she's not asking for trouble! Don't y'all know, if a woman should cross paths with someone bent on sexual misconduct, she just needs to say "no!" Problem solved!!!

She could get little business cards printed with "Mrs. Crawford politely declines your sexual advances, because she and her headship are in a long-term, committed, Jesus-approved relationship known as a Biblical Marriage."

Edited because the snarkier I get, the worse my spelling.

Hey, I have something in common with Kelly Crawford! As a fellow introvert, I fully understand worrying about keeping the bubble intact!

Fortunately there is little chance of Kelly and I ever being forced to make small talk for hours on end.

I don't often fly anymore, but back in the day (way back) people used to talk to their seatmates on airplanes. I actually had a woman tell me (in the course of a long, tedious airborne conversation) that she preferred talking to men, since they were more intellectually stimulating conversationalists.

Now people just plug in the earbuds and open their book to set up the personal firewall and telegraph total lack of interest.

Kelly would be better off thinking about the fact that it takes a certain percentage of the passengers willing the plane off the ground to have a successful take off. :D

My little prayer:

Please god, make a swine-ish male passenger spill coffee in her lap and then try to blot it up with kleenex.

Hey, I have something in common with Kelly Crawford! As a fellow introvert, I fully understand worrying about keeping the bubble intact!

Fortunately there is little chance of Kelly and I ever being forced to make small talk for hours on end.

I don't often fly anymore, but back in the day (way back) people used to talk to their seatmates on airplanes. I actually had a woman tell me (in the course of a long, tedious airborne conversation) that she preferred talking to men, since they were more intellectually stimulating conversationalists.

Now people just plug in the earbuds and open their book to set up the personal firewall and telegraph total lack of interest.

Kelly would be better off thinking about the fact that it takes a certain percentage of the passengers willing the plane off the ground to have a successful take off. :D

My little prayer:

Please god, make a swine-ish male passenger spill coffee in her lap and then try to blot it up with kleenex.

I was thinking that myself. I am as extroverted they come and fly fairly frequently - because husband and I are from different continents, our flights are LONG - the journey is usually around 30 hours from here to home. I ususally go as far as saying "hello" to my seatmate. Then the conversation typically ends. Occasionally I find myself seated next to another extrrovert and we strike up a conversation, but usually it is known that you mind your own business and basically ignore your seatmate.

Spanky sez: "If I believed the things I'm said to believe, did the things I'm said to have done, felt the way I'm said to feel, I'd hate me too."

facebook.com/rcsprouljr/posts/10202049887468188?stream_ref=10

I don't know about elsewhere on the internet but on this site, we usually quote him and provide links to his statements. No one here is falsely attributing things to him that he hasn't said. We judge him on the words that come out of his mouth. He should have explained what false statement had been about him. My guess is that he doesn't do that because he knows damned well he is being judged on his actual words and not false rumors.

Interesting that some of the people we have been discussing are becoming upset with what has been written about them lately. Did the Phillips affair shake them up that badly?

Don't forget to ask about having your headship join Bradrick!'s emergency response team!

"My son was so looking forward to being a Vision Forum intern! Do you think Doug Phillips* will be setting up a similar program in his new ministry? What is up with him lately?". Assume an innocent, clueless facial expression.

*who is a tool

Oh, man! I wish I would have thought to check here before I went. I did go to the vendor hall and one workshop - full post over in the Close Encounters of the Fundie Kind thread so I don't derail this one. General impressions: fascinating, very depressing (I listened to a workshop panel with SAHDs and will type up my notes on that), and disturbing. It looks so wholesome - all the friendly, smiling, happy families - but with such a sinister side.

Oh, man! I wish I would have thought to check here before I went. I did go to the vendor hall and one workshop - full post over in the Close Encounters of the Fundie Kind thread so I don't derail this one. General impressions: fascinating, very depressing (I listened to a workshop panel with SAHDs and will type up my notes on that), and disturbing. It looks so wholesome - all the friendly, smiling, happy families - but with such a sinister side.

Oh, no -- please derail! I'm dying to know your experience! And thanks for taking one for the team -- can't wait to read your write-up!

Archived